IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Engaged!

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

We don't know when they really got engaged. The only engagement they announced in real time was Jinger's. And that's because People had swanky pictures from New York. 

Agreed. I don't know if I believe they got engaged yesterday, Thursday March 2nd like the magazines are saying. I didn't know the other engagements were inaccurate either

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mela99 said:

Did that article come with a ring picture ? I don't wanna give more clicks

A picture of the two of them is in there, and she's wearing the ring, but no, there's no ring closeup.

1 hour ago, st4rfl33t said:

GREAT. Engaged to a serial killer. With all his skills on heavy machinery and whatnot.. he could hide a body.

I certainly hope this is snark. Otherwise I can't imagine calling someone a serial killer after seeing him for a few minutes on TV.

1 hour ago, Berty K said:

I wonder if they announced today to overshadow Smuggars birthday?

My guess is that it was Josh's idea, to distract people off him.

1 hour ago, VeganCupcake said:

Is Austin older than Ben?

Yes, Austin is a year and a few months older than Ben.

Duggar spouses in birth order:

• Jeremy, Sept 1987
  • Anna, June 1988
  • Derick, March 1989
  • Austin, December 1993
  • Ben, May 1995

My guess is that it was Josh's idea, to distract people off him.

I don't think Josh is that smart

17 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

I certainly hope this is snark. Otherwise I can't imagine calling someone a serial killer after seeing him for a few minutes on TV.

Yep. To me, he just seemed serious and nervous. I don't get why people are so quick to judge a guy they have only seen for 10 minutes on a TV screen.

Just now, Bethella said:

• Jeremy, Sept 1987
  • Anna, June 1988
  • Derick, March 1989
  • Austin, December 1993
  • Ben, May 1995

@Bethella, sometimes you scare me with your encyclopedic knowledge!

So Joy and Austin are engaged.  Utterly predictable.  And Austin has already put the kybosh on hand holding before marriage.  Well, he is his father's son (JB is liberal in comparison) and we will be spared watching hand sex, but poor little Joy.  She is barely hatched herself.

Eh, Joy is probably as happy as the average clam at the thought of fulfilling her Godly Helpmeet role.

I mourn for the Joy that could have escaped - against the odds.

I think it is ludicrous to ascribe something so evil to a total stranger based on anything other than hard evidence. I know we ride the speculation bus at times, but this is beyond that IMO.

7 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

So Joy and Austin are engaged.  Utterly predictable.  And Austin has already put the kybosh on hand holding before marriage.  Well, he is his father's son (JB is liberal in comparison) and we will be spared watching hand sex

They're holding hands in the engagement announcement picture.  They only said no handholding during courtship. I think only Josh and Anna did the x-rated hand sex.

I think a serial killer's a bit of a stretch, but I'll admit that I don't like the look of him. There's something "off" about his face. I'll also admit that I haven't had the chance to watch Austin anywhere other than their courtship announcement, though, so it's pure speculation. I think it's because he resembles a former friend of mine who ended up having a screw loose.

23 minutes ago, Bethella said:

• Jeremy, Sept 1987
  • Anna, June 1988
  • Derick, March 1989
  • Austin, December 1993
  • Ben, May 1995

Jessa and Joy should have switched. 

4 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

They're holding hands in the engagement announcement picture.  They only said no handholding during courtship. I think only Josh and Anna did the x-rated hand sex.

Thanks for the correction.  I must have looked at an old news site.

Well, fuck!  I have a feeling that Joy and Austin's hand sex is going to be even creepier than Josh and Anna's.

For the love of little kitties!  

My second cousin is married to a man that always has that PO'd look on his face- the serial killer look is pretty appropriate and accurate descriptor.

Funny thing, their little boys look exactly like him. Even the newborn baby is sporting that serial killer look- 

7 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Well, fuck!  I have a feeling that Joy and Austin's hand sex is going to be even creepier than Josh and Anna's.

They made such a point of saying they're not holding hands that it gave everyone the impression that they meant until they're married.

16 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

What do people exactly mean by hand sex? I see that's a common term here lol

Just now, AnnaRuk09 said:

Josh and Anna were allowed to hold hands during courtship.  That meant that they never let go of each other's hand.  And the hand-holding was ... sweaty, explicit, and we all wanted them to get a room and get it the fuck over with already!

1 minute ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Go to YouTube and watch some episodes where Josh and Anna were courting. They basically kept wrapping, pushing, massaging etc. their hands together all the time. Hand sex describes it perfectly. It was sooooo uncomfortable to watch. 

2 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Oh, you would know it if you saw it! Maybe someone can link an episode. Josh vigorously rubbed the palm of Anna's hand. It was uncomfortable to watch.:brainbleach:

59 minutes ago, Bethella said:

• Jeremy, Sept 1987
  • Anna, June 1988
  • Derick, March 1989
  • Austin, December 1993
  • Ben, May 1995

I'm from 1983 and all of a sudden I feel so old seeing how young all these people are.

Anna is from 1988 and has 4 children and so much misery to deal with ... gah! She's not even 30? Thanks for making this list @Bethella I honestly had no idea! 

Joy -like her sisters- is just going for the first boy that's seems interested in her (read; that was good enough according to daddy)  I hope she ends up happier than Jill. But when I hear Austin say BS like she has a servants heart, it doesn't sound that promising now does it?!  

57 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

I think it is ludicrous to ascribe something so evil to a total stranger based on anything other than hard evidence. I know we ride the speculation bus at times, but this is beyond that IMO.

I think it's kind of rude to say that Austin is a serial killer. He's basically a kid, plus he can't help his face. I know we snark on people for a lot of things but having the look of a serial killer? That's a new one.

The end of this has some hand sex moments. 2:37 onwards.

Also, the wedding episode has it too. I can't find a part one.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived