IGNORED

Bates the 20th

choralcrusader8613

11 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Putting "tabitha paine" in the search box works well or similar for any other queries.

Thank you for the link.  I forgot about the search box. 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

IIRC, Josh and Anna have a convenant marriage.

Florida does not have covenant marriage. Only AR, AZ, and LA have that designation. 

Regarding Carlins IG story, It's a video, I can't post it here. 

If that girl went to high school, she'd know what procrastination is. Yes dear we all have experienced it. No one wants to study for a test. 

18 hours ago, SassyPants said:

IIRC, Josh and Anna have a convenant marriage.

I just had to look up covenant marriage.  What the hell?  I'm sorry, but that is some bullshit that the state has no business getting involved in.  I'm so glad that unconstitutional nonsense is not allowed in the state where I live.  This totally crosses the line of separation of church and state, IMO.  It's totally okay if the couple wants that, but the state government has no business getting involved.  

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

Florida does not have covenant marriage. Only AR, AZ, and LA have that designation. 

Yes, only in those three states is a covenant marriage legal.

On the other hand, many Fundies call their marriages "covenant marriages" even if they get regular marriage licenses from the state too.  Their covenants are not evil contracts like regular wedding vows.  http://covenantmarriage.com/about-the-covenant-marriage-movement/

Then there is Michael Pearl's idea of Covenant Marriage where he encourages people not to get those evil secular marriage licences at all.  http://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/holy-matrimony/ 

Carlin and Josie's wisdom teeth removal had my actually crying laughing. They were acting like me and my best friend the first time we got drunk. I was super confident like Carlin and emotional, and my best friend was just silently sobbing. lol "are you mad at me?" 

Marriage is a covenant, but that doesn't mean no exit strategy when things go bad.

Lawson and his gigantic ego has an Instagram story that shows Jessa.  They're eating at Chuy's (a place I don't think is all that great) and there are a billion salsa bowls on the table.  I guess this Paine wedding is going to be one big old fundy reunion?  

1 hour ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Carlin and Josie's wisdom teeth removal had my actually crying laughing. They were acting like me and my best friend the first time we got drunk. I was super confident like Carlin and emotional, and my best friend was just silently sobbing. lol "are you mad at me?" 

Since they don't drink or anything, this is their only experience with mood-altering substances. 

I'm kind of surprised that they were released home still too drugged to walk. When I had wisdom teeth removed I had to be able to walk out. I also have had several endoscopies and day surgeries and each time I had to be able to drink and pee by myself before leaving. 

All my kids were taken to the car by wheelchair after getting their wisdom teerh out.  By the time we got home, they were generally stable on their feet.  Of course, it was a long way from the oral surgeon's office to the parking lot where we went.  After my mom's eye surgery, I had to hold onto her to get her to the car.  They didn't even have wheelchairs available there. 

I was really surprised by how fast they were each released too.  There are law suits involved if someone were to be hurt...

Hi there!

I would like to watch past seasons of BUB, any idea where? I tried searching for an UpTv app but apparently it doesn't exist or I don't know what I'm doing. 

Any help?

I got my wisdom teeth out a few years ago- I was 23 or 24. All four impacted, they gave me nitrous before anesthesia, which was the first time I had ever been under. I remember thinking like, no way will I be out before he counts down from 10. I think I remember 7....and then I woke up, just kind of groggy. My dad was waiting for me in the waiting room, and then the surgeon, me, and him went into the consultation office so he could really just tell my dad what I could/could not do, what to look for for infection, etc. I remember standing up out of the chair no problem, went into the hallway, saw my dad, ran into his arms and just started crying. I don't even know why. I didn't feel pain, I just cried in his arms! 

The only time I experienced any trouble walking was after I had laid down (later at home) and taken pain pills and fell asleep. I woke up really needing to go to the bathroom and just got up a bit too fast and felt a little lightheaded. But all in all I actually felt okay. It likely just had vastly different affects on different people.

I've had a few surgeries and procedures, I think it's a state thing. I'm in NY. They make sure that you're completely awake and conscious before they let you go home. I have a bad reaction to anesthesia so I'm actually spent hours longer waiting for the effects to go away. 

ALSO: Anyone notice how UP blurred out Carlins bra strap?

I'm also thinking it depended what they gave the girls as sedation.  If they gave something long acting or gave them a dose of pain meds prior to leaving it could be why they were so out of it.  It just surprised me.  They had a dad that could carry them but won't if he wasn't able to?  What if they fell struggling to walk into the house?  Considering I actually walked more than 1/2 mile home after one of my procedures it just shocked me to see them unable to stand.  Josie couldn't even try.  

I don't remember sticking around too long after I woke up from my wisdom teeth surgery. I was still pretty out of it and not too steady on my feet, but I definitely walked out.

My mom told me that I just sat there and giggled a lot while coming out of surgery. Of course, the pain an hour later made up for that one, but it was good while it lasted. :P

Per the covenant marriage laws in a few states, I don't understand why there's any need for it beyond proving your specialness legally. If you believe marriage is a covenant till death, wouldn't living that just entail not divorcing... what effect would a piece of paper have? Also, these are often the same people who don't want the government interfering with their lives because "religious freedom"... so why do they want to invite the government into their marriage even more? It's questionable at best.

Is it comon to have general anesthesia for the removal of wisdom teeth in the States? When I had mine removed I just had local anestethics.  A lot of freaky noises and some stiff neck muscles later they were out. Suckers had some twisted roots. 

Can't say I know of anyone that's had any form of dental work done with something else than local.

20 minutes ago, Thorns said:

Is it comon to have general anesthesia for the removal of wisdom teeth in the States? When I had mine removed I just had local anestethics.  A lot of freaky noises and some stiff neck muscles later they were out. Suckers had some twisted roots. 

Can't say I know of anyone that's had any form of dental work done with something else than local.

U.S. here: I had to get general, but that's because both of mine (yes, I only had 2) were fully impacted under skin and bone, plus growing sideways. There was no way in hell I was going through that with a local. I barely dealt with fillings that way.

However, I do know people who've had them out with local.

I had mine out under general, because they were removing all 4 and they weren't impacted, they hadn't even started coming through yet. I'd just had my braces off, and they wanted to take the wisdom teeth out before they started coming through and making my teeth crooked again. I can't even imagine having that done under local. 

38 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I had mine out under general, because they were removing all 4 and they weren't impacted, they hadn't even started coming through yet. I'd just had my braces off, and they wanted to take the wisdom teeth out before they started coming through and making my teeth crooked again. I can't even imagine having that done under local. 

I had it done under local and it was horrific. I so wish I had gone under general. They were infected and had been hurting me for so long I couldn't wait to have them removed. Then after the squeaking and twisting of the first one coming out I wanted to just push their arms away and so "Thanks but no thanks! I'm good y'all! I'll learn to live with the pain." and just walk the hell out of there. 

2 hours ago, Thorns said:

I know people who have been able to just have a local or some laughing gas. These are people who have the good fortune of all four facing the correct direction. 

I had general anesthesia, but I also have a very small mouth and one of the upper ones was encroaching into my sinus (it was actually emergency surgery. I went into the oral surgeon's office for a consult and ended with him canceling the rest of his morning and removing it on the spot.)

My oral surgeon is phenomenal but he does recommend getting them out very early, like while they are itty bitty buds that are barely teeth. He prefers this because there aren't complications like I had, the teeth don't have time to grow and move teeth that were likely just aligned by braces, and the recovery time is incredibly quick. The con to this philosophy is that it has to be under general anesthesia for every one because they're deep in there. (I'm sure he also loves the higher insurance fees he gets and that very well may be the driving force behind his ideas, but it works for him) I'm sure he's not the only one "selling" that idea and as a result the general anesthesia rates go up. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived