IGNORED

Bates the 20th

choralcrusader8613

OMG just watched the ski episode. Thoughts...

The skirts are ridiculous. Seriously. Come on, gals. There is nothing- NOTHING- about a black skirt over ski pants that make you more modest or feminine. I promise you that no one's going to confuse you for a boy or see your ski pants and suddenly want to have un-pure thoughts about you.

One of the boys has a girlfriend errrr i mean "friend" who is donning pants, fell on top of him, and gave him a full frontal hug. I like her.

The dad. At the end. Said something so awful and hilarious me and my daughter were DYING! So he's re-capping the trip and says how much they liked it and said something like "Massanutten! Massa-bates!" Ohhhh my. He really is enthusiastic about skiing. :laughing-rollingred:

Lastly- how the hell can they afford a two day ski trip for 20 people?! I sent two of my kids with my sister in law for the afternoon once and it was hundreds of dollars!

11 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

We planned our wedding in about six weeks and while it wasn't exactly what I wanted, it was perfectly nice. Sit down dinner for about 60 guests at a country club. 

We got married in the church my husband grew up in so that cost nothing. Had the organist play 2 songs, which was I believe $25 at the time? Got my dress at a department store off the rack, had less than 20 people total at the wedding. Went back to the in laws for dinner. Total for everything was less than $500 and we had enough left over for a week in the outer banks. It wasn't the dream wedding I wanted as a girl but we were young and broke and fresh out of college.  Honestly the best part of all of it was the honeymoon. : )

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Lastly- how the hell can they afford a two day ski trip for 20 people?

Reality television and running a corrupt religious cult! I wouldn't be surprised if they make some money off that church they run too. 

I hope I don't eat my words, but this is the ONE time I'm grateful for the uncompromising conservatism of people like Alyssa's father-in-law, Daniel Webster.  The Affordable Care Act lives another day, and President Orange looks like an idiot.

So, I watched the episode last night (don't judge, I had a long 13 hour day) and one thing I noticed, besides the skirts over snow leggings was the girls/women did not snowboard.  Or get the option to.  But everyone went tubing.

Second thing was they called Alyssa while on the trip, did the call Michael?  Or was she there and I totally missed it?

4 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I watched their facebook live before, because I thought I saw Carlin may introduce her special friend there, and was curious. I noticed a few things from this:

Josie looked a ton like Alyssa, especially with the shorter hair. She was also rocking an above the knee (at least when sitting) dress.

Kelly said that Josie was just in Florida visiting Alyssa. Josie said no, she wasn't, and Kelly remembered she was about to go. This just baffles my mind. 

Tori and Bobby were there. She was all over him- touching his inner leg and knee. Someone in the questions asked if she was engaged, and Gil said no, but she acts like she is and wants it. But he said she has a lot of school to do.

Yeah! I like it when young fundies show extreme affection. Looks like Tori is cutting herself more slack than she did her siblings. I HOPE she lets him at least kiss her hand or forehead!

Evan called Carlin his girlfriend on instagram so there's another courtship. Gotta beat the Duggars lol.

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Evan called Carlin his girlfriend on instagram so there's another courtship. Gotta beat the Duggars lol.

They're precourting or whatever they call it.  Nothing official yet.  Just a matter of time probably.

I think Bobby was introduced as Tori's boyfriend in the I love you day episode last year, which was well before they started officially courting. I'd expect it's probably similar with Carlin, but that probably means an official courtship proposal isn't too far off.

12 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Kelly said that Josie was just in Florida visiting Alyssa. Josie said no, she wasn't, and Kelly remembered she was about to go. This just baffles my mind. 

Holly crap that actually happened? I mean I knew that Kelly was probably as attentive a parent and Michelle but it's still weird to see such evidence of it.

7 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

They're precourting or whatever they call it.  Nothing official yet.  Just a matter of time probably.

I don't understand the label "precourting" when they're already using "boyfriend/girlfriend." :pb_lol: 

Those are phrases they use to avoid the question until they are ready to go public.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't understand the label "precourting" when they're already using "boyfriend/girlfriend." :pb_lol: 

That was my term. All Carlin has said was that they like each other but there's nothing official yet.  The Bates and Duggars differ a tiny bit in that the Bates let them use those terms before they're official. Kelly has said in the past that she asked her kids to save the I love yous til engagement but that has clearly gone out the window.

40 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

That was my term. All Carlin has said was that they like each other but there's nothing official yet.  The Bates and Duggars differ a tiny bit in that the Bates let them use those terms before they're official. Kelly has said in the past that she asked her kids to save the I love yous til engagement but that has clearly gone out the window.

So weird. Kelly thinks a couple shouldn't say "I love you" until after they're already engaged? And Carlin said nothing is official but Evan is calling her his girlfriend. These people.

It seems that Kelly has her own private instagram. Also Carlin is now all over Evan's instagram. 

IMG_9625.PNG

IMG_9626.PNG

On 3/23/2017 at 9:11 PM, Mrs. Figg said:

Trace and Campbell had a short head shot where she said Trace did great! Then she fell on him in an action shot when he stopped in front of her. 

Oh dear.  Sounds like more than a front hug.  Thank goodness she had a skirt on over her ski clothes to protect modesty and to let everybody know she is female.  :tw_sweat_smile:

Edit:  I didn't watch the episode, so I assumed she had a skirt on.  Just went back through the thread and someone commented that she was, like a normal human being, just wearing the ski pants.  Good for her!  Wearing a skirt over ski pants is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.  So dangerous and ridiculous. 

I found ski skirts when surfing the online outdoors stores for end-of-season bargains... On sale :P

On 3/20/2017 at 0:53 PM, JMO said:

They had ALL the special friends there.  I'm interested in seeing this episode.  But the clip will probably turn out to be the most interesting part.   I'm wondering if Carlin is getting engaged soon.  It's been a few months since they started courting. 

The show seems to run about four months behind ... I'm positive Carlin's courting by now based on her photos and the way she and Evan are touching. And I agree with what someone else said earlier that Carlin seems like she'd drop out of college to get married and leave asap. It seems as if UP waits to introduce special friends until there's an actual courtship, but Bates courtships last longer than four months. Given that timeline, I don't see an engagement until summer.

The skiing episode made it seem even more likely than before that Campbell and Trace are together than before when it was obvious based just on social media alone . When they fell and had that "accidental snow hug" and then Campbell complimented Trace's snowboarding abilities because UP was interviewing her, I was wondering what Trace's parents were going to think when they saw the episode lol.

Since Tori wants to finish school first, I'm thinking engagements will actually go Carlin, Tori, and then Trace. That's my bet! 

(And my March 13th post was right ... wahoo! Guess I'll have to make myself a tattertot casserole)

18 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't understand the Bates courting/precourting stuff at all.

Special friends, getting to know each other, precourting, etc. are code for keeping us interested and not ready for an official announcement.

i wonder why carlin/evan were "revealed" but campbell/trace were not, since campbell was also there. maybe it's just that they're not as far along as carlin/evan, but i also wondered if campbell's parents were reluctant to allow UP to announce anything. 

@picklepizzas - I think UP and the Bateses are waiting because of the Nathan and Ashley disaster. I really don't think they announce as "special friends or boyfriend/girlfriend" until they are already courting. Maybe Trace has a specific date he's decided to ask Campbell (?) so they felt safe enough to put her on the show, but are trying not to make it more than that until it's obvious an engagement will come from the arduous "getting to know you/special friend/boyfriend-girlfriend/courting/engagement/marriage" process. 

So Carlin is courting?  Or are they pre-courting?  

I suspect that there will be another courtship and engagement in this family soon.  It seems like they try to keep up with the Duggars when it comes to seasons of life.  (Barf.  I can't believe I just used the phrase "season of life").  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived