IGNORED

Bates the 20th

choralcrusader8613

I have a friend who owns a salon (one of the discount walk-in chains) in East Tennessee. I gotta remember to ask her if they would hire a Crown College graduate. 

I know she has told me that they probably could never avoid an Aveda Academy graduate.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she said that she had to work in a salon as a requirement of her degree?  She did make sure to point out that she can use these skills when she has her own family. I can see her working from home like Erin does.

Josie is definitely pursuing an ATI approved job because she can work out of her home and help women draw attention to their countenance. 

I have always wondered why Jill Rod never did this. I guess no one wants her 80s hair and green eyeliner. 

Can I have a permanent post count title of Vibrators for Jesus? I would love that. Or Cult of Jesus Vibrators 

5 hours ago, zygote373 said:

Yeah but if anal beads are occupying the rear end then his penis can't accidentally slip into the ungodly zone....

They're probably modesty barriers for the butt. 

9 hours ago, socalrules said:

I have a friend that is a hairstylist who used to always work from home. She had a work station with a dryer and sink set up. She was making crazy money. She now has a booth in a salon but still does work at home as well. Josie could still make money to support her family from home and she has a skill that she can take anywhere. She could find her niche by tailoring her market to fundies such as fundy weddings or fundy engagement/courtship hairstyling for pictures.  She will be one of the few fundy women to have a practical skill. If hell freezes over and she decides she wants a more secular life, she will be easily able to get a job.

The woman who has done my hair for the last 30 years closed her shop and now works exclusively out of her house. Her husband converted a small bedroom into a small salon with a single sink, hairdryer, and cutting chair. She had so much business in the small city of 30K residents where she lives, that she ended up firing any customers who haven't been with her for at least 15 years. Even with that, she said she could work 12 hours a day if she wanted, there's that much call for a good hairstylist. Working from her home has allowed her to keep her prices very low, because she doesn't pay for store rent/utilities. She's starting to make noises about early retirement, and I keep begging her to work longer. I don't know what I'll do when I have to find someone new.

Back to the Bates -- Josie could definitely do well. I guess we'll see if she continues with it when a "special friend" comes along.

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Bikini waxes for Jesus

Josie could be like Annelle from Steel Magnolias.  When Oiuser gives Annelle some split crotch panties as a shower gift, she cracks that maybe Sammy won't mind Annelle reading the bible in bed if she'd wearing something inspirational.

On 4/6/2017 at 5:11 PM, VelociRapture said:

Food related thread derailments are the absolute best. This lifelong New Englander is kinda living vicariously through these posts right now. :pb_lol:

For a while I kept scrolling because I thought this was the new nail polish topic. Lol 

New thread here:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived