IGNORED

Seewalds 16 - 8 Players Short of an O-Line

choralcrusader8613

Cute Seawald family picture.  Jessa looks great.  Her and Ben look so young.  (I know they are but they really look it in that picture.)   Since Ben mentioned the baby would have a name a long the lines of SES, I think Tozar is in the running.  Maybe they need this extra time to learn how to properly pronounce these different names.  Haha.

I had really never thought about my births story before but then reading everyone else who shared made me realize how different all births are.  Mine too.  I have had 3 babies.  #1 was breech.  Tried a external version but it was unsuccessful.  So, I had a planned C-section.   #2 was a successful VBAC (Vaginal Birth After C-section).  But I started running fever while pushing, so forceps were used.   #3 was another successful VBAC but this baby was "sunny side up", a posterior position.  I labored normally for about 5 hours, got a epidural and when ready to push my doctor said he would give me 1 hour to try and push baby out. If after an hour the baby wasn't here, it was C-section time.  I pushed that baby out after just a few pushes. 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, withaj said:

While I appreciate your upfront acknowledgement of BEC, I think this is a little ridiculous. They're both in the center of the photo. They are almost certainly not the ones who cropped the photo. If you cover the legs, he isn't taking up any more of the frame than she is.

I agree. The picture is fine.

Though maybe Ben's crotch is a bit too front and center...ha!

1 hour ago, divadivine said:

Oh, it could be worse. These two are straight crazy.

Ebenezer

Zephaniah

Eliphaz

Jairus

Amaziah

Nadab

Shadrach

Zebedee

Nahum

Obadiah

Baruch

Maybe they will use another Christian author? 

Dwight Moody, a nod to Bin's college

Oswald Chambers

Millard Erickson

Soren Kierkegaard 

Friedrich Schleiermacher

it could be worse than Spurge

Some of these names aren't that weird to me - Dwight, Oswald, Soren, Friedrich.

I actually know a few young kids named Soren.

Just now, ClaraOswin said:

I found myself looking at that for a few seconds, then realized what I was doing. Horrified, I went back to the new Tom Hiddleston interview at GQ.

5 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

I found myself looking at that for a few seconds, then realized what I was doing. Horrified, I went back to the new Tom Hiddleston interview at GQ.

My eyes wandered there too and then I blinked. I think if the crotch area is there, the eyes wander. 

8 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Some of these names aren't that weird to me - Dwight, Oswald, Soren, Friedrich.

I actually know a few young kids named Soren.

They wouldn't use Soren, Oswald, or Dwight... They'd use the last name. Moody Kierkegaard Schleiermacher... Just call him Mooks for short. 

3 hours ago, Stormy said:

Jessa looks amazing as usual, but Ben... It's not only that he looks stoned, but he clearly has no energy whatsoever and can barely react to what's going on around him. Maybe he's the Duggar-in-law that we should be worried about.

I think he tries to reign himself in.  whenever something new happens he  seems overwhelmed by it going by his reaction to either the engagement, the wedding, the births.   that or he really has no outside emotions 

1 hour ago, danni9242 said:

I know of kids called Zebedee and Obadiah.

Plus Jeshurun.

We had Hezekiah, Nehemiah, Abram, Zephaniah, and identical twins named Elijah and Elisha at Christian school. And no, none of them were from the same family. 

Place names from the Bible were popular for girls. Bethany especially, but also had a few named Berea, a Myra, Eden, Moriah, and Olive. 

2 hours ago, Season of life... said:

Yes, this is a BEC comment. This picture annoys me. I know in their world the women revolve around the men who are the center of the universe, but maybe, just this once, Ben could have let Jessa be center stage? There he sits, center of the photo, slouching and legs akimbo, possibly just after finishing a blunt. Jessa, holding the reason for this photo call in her arms, is forced to lean in. 

She should be in the center, with Spud snuggled up to her with Ben sitting on the side. Maybe she's not sore and I'm projecting, but I still hate to see her having to lean in. Jessa was just part of an age-old miracle, and she deserves to be front and center.

well if you truly think she is leaning in she is ahead of her cult members because I doubt she knows who Cheryl (the facebook lady) is......

and how come you are right when she doesn't have Spud next to her cuddling him in the picture - that does BUG me because it seems it's all about the next one and if he is forgotten that will be BAD but still a cute picture 

37 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

I found myself looking at that for a few seconds, then realized what I was doing. 

I did the same thing

Graham is a lovely name, and seems too normal for Jessa and Ben to want, but I imagine they'd call him "Grammy"...which is up their alley awful.  So maybe.

If they're looking for the last names of Calvinist preachers, there are Oecolampadius, Zwingli, and Musculus to choose from.  Tempting, I know.

6 hours ago, Ampak said:

I hope Jill has to have repeat c-sections so it limits her family to 3-4 kids. Isn't it dangerous to have more than that?

Risks increase with every c-section, but there's no hard or fast rule.  If your uterus is very thin you may be told to not have another pregnancy, but for some women that's found at their second c-section and for others at their 8th. I've seen a surprising number of women on c-section number 5+.

Any Son of Zorn fans on here? Zebulon sounds like a Zephyrian name to me.

Musculus would make sense. Ben likes to work out and wants his own football team of boys. Musculus could be a linebacker.

I'm still rooting for Wilberforce. Poor kids.

If the Smugwalds do the slow name reveal with every pregnancy, it's going to get old fast. Then again, everything about this family has gotten old and tedious. Still, snarkers gotta snark. They've got us by the (eye)balls.

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

IMG_1240.JPG

Oh lord help me. I'd forgotten how cute I thought Josh was when he was a teenager; I had a legit crush on him in the early specials. Somebody please shoot me in the head. :kitty-shifty:

Bunyan would be hilarious. I bet it'll be Tozer, though. I know people here predicted Spurgeon before they chose it, too (I remember my reaction being, "Oh my God, they actually named him Spurgeon.") 

9 minutes ago, MotherOfDragons said:

Oh lord help me. I'd forgotten how cute I thought Josh was when he was a teenager; I had a legit crush on him in the early specials. Somebody please shoot me in the head. :kitty-shifty:

To be honest, Josh was a boyish thing at that age. He was in decent shape and had some cuteness to his face. Four kids, multiple scandals, and years of unhealthy eating have caused Josh to look different and bigger.

It's ironic because I used to think Anna was plain, but she has rocked some nice outfits and came into her own.

3 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I think most places take women off the list if they get pregnant. You also can't currently have an infant at home. So that pretty much means Jessa would never be on the list.

And since they let God plan their family, Jessa can keep telling the leghumpers she'd like to adopt but since God keeps making her get pregnant he hasn't put adoption in her heart... Or some bs like that.

12 minutes ago, MotherOfDragons said:

It's ok. He had a boy next door look going on when he was younger that I bet other fundie girls thought was cute. You didn't know he was actually a disgusting person. Now we know.

24 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Any Son of Zorn fans on here? Zebulon sounds like a Zephyrian name to me.

My dad's grandmother's family was a long line of Pikes. There were several Zebulons among them; one is my great-some number of greats grandfather, though I think probably not the one who found the peak named after him, as I think our ones didn't get that far west.

5 hours ago, titerlitury said:

If my parents gave such "unique" name and gave my brother something normal, I would rather prefer if they won't distinguished me like that... 

Both my sister and I have unique names (my sisters' is a little more crazy) and long, unusual last names. This goes one of two ways; either the kid loves their name and is proud of it or they hate it and change it.

My sister loves her weirdo name and it suits her. I hate mine and go by a shortened/nickname version of my middle name except for legal documents. Recently I met a heavily pregnant G.P. who gushed about my name and said she'd shortlisted it for her baby despite her husbands' protests. I strongly suggested she listen to him and not subject her baby to a potential naming disaster.

Still, I'm hoping the Seewalds continue with their nutso names; it's about the only interesting thing about them! 

ETA remembered my stupid name will be one of the top baby girl names for the next couple of years. Sorry, babies!

37 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I'm still rooting for Wilberforce. Poor kids.

There's a small town on the edge of Sydney called Wilberforce.

I think its name after the same man where this name suggestion came from, but we could always pretend the baby was named after the town instead. :my_biggrin:

Good old Wilberforce New South Wales Australia Seewald.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived