IGNORED

Seewalds 16 - 8 Players Short of an O-Line

choralcrusader8613

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

So Latin is cool for fundie protestants now? I would've thought it was waaaaay too Catholic.

Soli Deo Gloria is a Protestant motto, along with the other Solas/Solae.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_solae

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So Jessa wants a bigger house.

Wonder if she just asks daddy and he makes it possible?

Or will the Seewalds and Dillards flip when the D's head to CA for their short stint?

Maybe Joy and Austin will get Jessa's house 

If they're definitely going with a unique first name I think we can rule out Calvin for a first name. I still think it's a good middle name guess. My next guess (for middle, I'm sticking with Washer) would be Benjamin or Gabriel

24 minutes ago, karen77 said:

What is with the videos....it's not like she's the first ever person to have two kids...or give birth....

Well in that case, Counting On is really a show about sisters and brothers getting married and having babies. Um, that's the reality for a whole lot of people that do not have TV shows. 

Now if they called the show how to grift a decent lifestyle, and accumulate all the trappings without ever holding a job, that would be more apropos, and would likely command and attract a much larger audience.

15 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Ben going all Christian hipster with his glasses and "Soli Deo Gloria" shirt.

At least Ben rid himself of the JB hair. That's a relief! 

and there goes her plan to adopt 

As someone who is trying to adopt to build a family because we are unable to have biological christen, it really pisses me off to think she would be putting herself in the pool of waiting parents. Many many many of the waiting parents CANT have kids. I hope she adopts an older child from foster care and not a private infant adoption.

8 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

No they will live at Fort Rock. Under Daddy Forsyth's thumb. With regular reports to Boob.

2 minutes ago, Ampak said:

As someone who is trying to adopt to build a family because we are unable to have biological christen, it really pisses me off to think she would be putting herself in the pool of waiting parents. Many many many of the waiting parents CANT have kids. I hope she adopts an older child from foster care and not a private infant adoption.

Don't worry. She won't adopt anytime soon. It's all for the show.

"Anything Jessa can do Jill can do better!"

I hope Jill has to have repeat c-sections so it limits her family to 3-4 kids. Isn't it dangerous to have more than that?

My thoughts exactly. They will get a family flip house and J&A will get the newlywed's nest.

I hope they surprise us all with a non-faith or political statement name.

I'm not one to talk though. If I ever get to have or adopt a little girl her name will be Regan Liberty.

10 minutes ago, Ampak said:

My thoughts exactly. They will get a family flip house and J&A will get the newlywed's nest.

I imagine Austin is being prepped to take over his family business, I'd assume they would live there. 

Sooo, I have some footage of a bub's birth, and daddy's facial expressions... well you'll have to watch. Made me think of Ben.

NOTE:
a couple of things you should know before you click:

1. This is real footage of an actual birth, although you can't see the mom's hooha at any time, and it isn't bloody or yucky. But if you don't like that kind of thing, then don't watch!
  2. The video is in Dutch, but that's not really a problem, it's all about the dad's expressions 
  3. You might get a great big yellow cookie pop-up (it was the biggest I've ever seen), but you can just click that away too see the video

12 minutes ago, Ampak said:

I hope Jill has to have repeat c-sections so it limits her family to 3-4 kids. Isn't it dangerous to have more than that?

Snip

Is it dangerous? Probably, based on what others have said. I don't have any expertise in that area. Will it stop them? Highly unlikely. I see them as being very deep in the kool-aid, and believing it's God's will when something bad happens. I believe this is the couple most likely to have babies until something tragic happens.

I imagine Austin is being prepped to take over his family business, I'd assume they would live there. 

I could see that as well. I am not familiar with the housing situation at Fort Rock. Are there multiple homes on the property?

24 minutes ago, Ampak said:

This is what I thought from the first time they mentioned it. Best of luck to you, most sincerely. 

3 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

I am noT sure if this is accurate or True but it is going around they named him Ledger.

There are a few rumored names floating around. I've seen people calling him Ledger, Graham, and Samson on Instagram. I've also seen people saying they think his name is Sebastian or Stetson.

41 minutes ago, Ampak said:

Others have kind of already covered it, but this is actually cruel to wish on her. While I wish she'd willingly choose to limit family size, especially  in the face of medical danger, she won't because GOD and something very bad will inevitably happen. To the extent that one cares about her life one has to wish for her to have easy births.  Basically by wishing for this you're wishing for her to die or be very seriously injured.

6 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

There are a few rumored names floating around. I've seen people calling him Ledger, Graham, and Samson on Instagram. I've also seen people saying they think his name is Sebastian or Stetson.

Sebastian is popular in my area, with the nickname "Bash". I feel like it's too 'common' for Jessa and Ben.

2 minutes ago, breakfree said:

Others have kind of already covered it, but this is actually cruel to wish on her. While I wish she'd willingly choose to limit family size, especially  in the face of medical danger, she won't because GOD and something very bad will inevitably happen. To the extent that one cares about her life one has to wish for her to have easy births.  Basically by wishing for this you're wishing for her to die or be very seriously injured.

I didn't take it as wishing something to happen, just that if they have 4 all via C-section, maybe with the dr saying it's super dangerous, they'll figure out how to stop having more, before something serious actually happens. (Obviously her mom didn't, but look what happened there)

I keep thinking how rare and amazing it must be for the married daughters to be able to have and keep a secret, and to be able to decide on their own schedules what they make public.  We've got Jinger on pretty much radio silence, Jill telling things as soon as she can, and in the middle, Jessa, revealing information on her own terms.

That must be SO liberating.  Having grown up with accountability buddies, and it being a sin to keep secret, having to be open all the time - and not being allowed anything of her own.  The whole "Jane had to give Jessa her jewellery box" story shows that if, I dunno, Josie had wanted it, Jessa would have had to pass it on - and the girls didn't even get to keep their own clothes, just have a shared wardrobe, and hope that the other sisters would respect the 'dibs' you put on your favourite (and then the other sisters  THed that Jill took the best clothes when she got married).

It must be so amazing for Jessa to be able to keep secrets like the gender and name of her children - intoxicating - and having the power of being the one to reveal things.  She's my least-worst of the kidults to me, I admit, because I love that she didn't buckle under a lifetime of her parents trying to crush her spirit - and I can't begrudge her taking her time, enjoying the attention it brings.

(I wonder if the round house JB bought is for the Seewalds.  Got to admit, if I were Ben & Jessa, I'd be grumpy that the large pool house will be standing empty again, as the Dillards mission-cationing Dangerous Sintral America. I've never been able to work out the hierarchy of favoured children - it's going to get fascinating over the next few years)

21 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I highly doubt it will be any of the "S" names. I think Jessa will be the first to break the letter theme tradition.

If Jessa name her son Jim Bob jr. I'm sure she gets any house she wants. 

Another thing, it was really nice to see both young mom and newborn healthy. She seems really excited and touched, that her little boys will have each other for play. What a difference compared to Boring&Bored a.k.a. Jill and Derrick.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived