IGNORED

Seewalds 16 - 8 Players Short of an O-Line

choralcrusader8613

52 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would be so annoyed by having so many rules. I am glad the US doesn't have a ban on names. Even if that means there are some silly sounding names out there.

I think it's a good think that some names are banned. I remember there was a German couple who wanted to give their newborn 9 (NINE!!!) ridiculous names - and I mean really ridiculous, 'airplane' or 'racecar' ridiculous - but thankfully the municipality said no. It would have been outright child abuse if the child really had gotten those names.
I'm not sure about the rules in the Netherlands, but it's very uncommon that people wait more than a week to register their child.
I just looked it up, in the Netherlands you have to register your schild within three days of the birth.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Toews Seewald wouldn't be the worst name...except that they would pronounce it "Toes"

Eh it's close enough to Tozer and that's close to Tazer so all would be well! 

7 hours ago, Georgiana said:

A Russian?!? This baby will be a REAL AMERICAN HERO and needs a name to match: Kessel "Hot Dogs" Seewald! 

(Kidding. Malkin is one of my all time favorite players :) )

IMG_4430.JPG

IF they gave him the name of a real American hockey hero it would have to be Kane Seewald. He could have a mullet just like Patrick Kane and Grandma Mullet. It would be glorious! 

Depends on the state, but many in the US don't have a deadline to register a birth with a name at all. It can lead to abuse in some communities where children where never registered and can't prove who they are or hold a job or anything. 

This lady's parents never got a birth certificate for her and said it was against their beliefs to get her a social security number  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/post-nation/wp/2015/03/12/how-a-teenagers-viral-campaign-to-prove-her-citizenship-is-inspiring-a-new-texas-bill/?client=safari

4 minutes ago, Tryamon said:

Depends on the state, but many in the US don't have a deadline to register a birth with a name at all. It can lead to abuse in some communities where children where never registered and can't prove who they are or hold a job or anything. 

This lady's parents never got a birth certificate for her and said it was against their beliefs to get her a social security number  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/post-nation/wp/2015/03/12/how-a-teenagers-viral-campaign-to-prove-her-citizenship-is-inspiring-a-new-texas-bill/?client=safari

Yeah Faith Pennington and the Penningtons are well discussed here. Hence the user title "Escaping the Penningtonentory." 

23 minutes ago, Marly said:

I think it's a good think that some names are banned. I remember there was a German couple who wanted to give their newborn 9 (NINE!!!) ridiculous names - and I mean really ridiculous, 'airplane' or 'racecar' ridiculous - but thankfully the municipality said no. It would have been outright child abuse if the child really had gotten those names.
I'm not sure about the rules in the Netherlands, but it's very uncommon that people wait more than a week to register their child.
I just looked it up, in the Netherlands you have to register your schild within three days of the birth.

But who is to say a name is ridiculous enough to ban it? You mentioned Airplane but what about Jet? I really don't think Jet is a terrible name and I think it's worse to ban a name parents love. Plus a child can always change a name as an adult if they hate it that much. 

PS America would have a huge issue with not allowing last names as first names. That's a long held tradition in some parts of the US. 

53 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would never hold out on my family when it comes to my child's name because I think it causes a build up of high expectations. Like I've come up with some super special unique name that everyone will gasp in sheer delight over. 

Nope. My kids have very ordinary names. I am sure they would be quite the let down, lol. 

And I will also say that I find big gender reveal parties to be rather anticlimactic. It's a girl or a boy. Big whoop. I would be more interested if the reveal choice were girl, boy, velociraptor, or Wookiee. I would be keeping my fingers crossed for the Wookiee. 

For a Duggar Jender reveal I'd go the velociraptor because dinosaur and creation etc. Otherwise, Wookie. 

IMG_0616.JPG

We knew One was coming, and had a boy name and a girl name picked out. Birth mother approved of both names, and was pleased the boy name was something she could relate to. So the name was , to me, Mr. Four's first name, and middle was Mr. Four's father's first name.

When Mr. Four started calling relatives, he said, "Father's first name /My first name has arrived!"  and I said NO, it's the other way around, and somehow he got hold of the birth certificate papers and it's the way he announced.

I'd had a plan to have all my kids have the same initials... you know, like Lyndon Baines Johnson, Lady Bird, Lucy Baines, etc... but Mr. Four changed that idea because he didn't want people calling the house asking for "mr four... " "do you want the Big one or the Little one?"

etc.

7 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

We knew One was coming, and had a boy name and a girl name picked out. Birth mother approved of both names, and was pleased the boy name was something she could relate to. So the name was , to me, Mr. Four's first name, and middle was Mr. Four's father's first name.

When Mr. Four started calling relatives, he said, "Father's first name /My first name has arrived!"  and I said NO, it's the other way around, and somehow he got hold of the birth certificate papers and it's the way he announced.

I'd had a plan to have all my kids have the same initials... you know, like Lyndon Baines Johnson, Lady Bird, Lucy Baines, etc... but Mr. Four changed that idea because he didn't want people calling the house asking for "mr four... " "do you want the Big one or the Little one?"

etc.

To be fair to Mr. Four, I grew up with a brother who was a IV and a father who was III, and I can assure you it was super annoying. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived