IGNORED

Seewalds 16 - 8 Players Short of an O-Line

choralcrusader8613

4 hours ago, MotherOfDragons said:

Oh lord help me. I'd forgotten how cute I thought Josh was when he was a teenager; I had a legit crush on him in the early specials. Somebody please shoot me in the head. :kitty-shifty:

I never watched the specials until well after the scandals, so seeing a teenage Josh Duggar really gave me the creeps. Not only was he really cute, but he was so charming, talkative, and likeable, enough so that he was chosen to narrate one of their subsequent one-offs. It also made me really sad because it gave insight into what Josh could have been if he hadn't been brought up in a warped fundie cult. The parts where he talked about wanting to edit videos and work on film-making were what got me.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Kailash said:

I like every single name on this list a lot more than Spurge.

I agree. I can't think of a worse name than Spurgeon. Poor kid. 

9 hours ago,  HarleyQuinn said: 

I cringe so hard whenever I see Joshley pics now.

Ugh same, I tried not to look at him in that pic.

Did I miss a current picture of Josh ( Josh Josh, SMH, dirty Josh)?  They have been so good at keeping him out of the limelight. I was not sure if there is a picture of him or referring to his teen picture.

2 minutes ago, sansan said:

9 hours ago,  HarleyQuinn said: 

I cringe so hard whenever I see Joshley pics now.

Ugh same, I tried not to look at him in that pic.

Did I miss a current picture of Josh ( Josh Josh, SMH, dirty Josh)?  They have been so good at keeping him out of the limelight. I was not sure if there is a picture of him or referring to his teen picture.

No, it was just an old picture of the whole family in the hospital when Jenni was born. Someone posted it to show how Israel and Jackson look a lot alike.

1 hour ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

That's the scary thing. HOW DO THESE PEOPLE PASS HISTORY :angry-banghead:   

A homeschool trip to the Creation Museum (Ark Encounter for extra credit), participation in a few anti-choice marches, and memorization of the second amendment.

Was just watching the hockey game, one of the players on the Minnesota Wild has the last name Spurgeon. Damned if I didn't look up every time he was on the ice and they said his name. Damn you Duggars!

10 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Was just watching the hockey game, one of the players on the Minnesota Wild has the last name Spurgeon. Damned if I didn't look up every time he was on the ice and they said his name. Damn you Duggars!

JARED SPURGEON LEMME TELL YA:

Is she really going to drag out the name announcement again? I'm figuratively dying of curiosity. Like on the floor, tongue lolling out, X's for eyes kind of dying.

31 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

Is she really going to drag out the name announcement again? I'm figuratively dying of curiosity. Like on the floor, tongue lolling out, X's for eyes kind of dying.

Me too. I keep checking back, hoping they've released the name. I feel like rolling around on the floor, moaning. Hurry up FFS, I'm dying here!

The new family photo of the seewalds is up and Jessa looks happy and healthy, which is good. Like someone said previously I hope Jessa's good experience doesn't encourage Jill to try a home birth again. I know their family friend Sierra always goes to the hospital because she has a kidney problem or something, so hopefully that will be a model for Jill, who I assume is high risk for a vaginal delivery? Or is that a misplaced assumption since every birth is different? 

The seewalds are definitely dragging out the name thing again. I'm curious just because Spurgeon is the worst name I've almost ever heard for a baby. Can they beat it?

43 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

JARED SPURGEON LEMME TELL YA:

I'm not surprised Ben Seewald's naming his kids after hockey players, he does kind of remind me of the dudes in this video (warning: foul language/Canadians):

12 minutes ago, PainfullyAware said:

The new family photo of the seewalds is up and Jessa looks happy and healthy, which is good. Like someone said previously I hope Jessa's good experience doesn't encourage Jill to try a home birth again. I know their family friend Sierra always goes to the hospital because she has a kidney problem or something, so hopefully that will be a model for Jill, who I assume is high risk for a vaginal delivery? Or is that a misplaced assumption since every birth is different? 

The seewalds are definitely dragging out the name thing again. I'm curious just because Spurgeon is the worst name I've almost ever heard for a baby. Can they beat it?

Jill had a c-section. She should be in a hospital for sure, going for a vbac is fine as long as she is attended by a cnm backed up by an ob. cnm= certified nurse midwife cpm= certified practical midwife. One has their masters, one is Jill. 

I guess when it comes to naming their kids the Seewalds run on Duggar time. If this has already been said, I'm sorry but I didn't feel like going back through the whole thread. Although maybe a title count of Naming a Child Using Duggar Time would be a possibility.

57 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm not surprised Ben Seewald's naming his kids after hockey players, he does kind of remind me of the dudes in this video (warning: foul language/Canadians):

I dare say there wont be a Subban Seewald or Arvidsson Seewald and there better not be a Forsberg Seewald. Also No girl needs named Rinne Seewald 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing - warning: foul language and Canadians !

Apart from that, I know several guys who would see this video as fairly representative, right down to the pick up trucks, chainsaws and beating up a friend who burned through a new winter coat with their doobie.... But no hard feelings eh?! F*ck me. This video is so redneck Canada it hurts.

I vote for Subben as the name for seewald spawn 2.0 - FSM please make it so....

3 minutes ago, Kittikatz said:

I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing - warning: foul language and Canadians !

Apart from that, I know several guys who would see this video as fairly representative, right down to the pick up trucks, chainsaws and beating up a friend who burned through a new winter coat with their doobie.... But no hard feelings eh?! F*ck me. This video is so redneck Canada it hurts.

I vote for Subben as the name for seewald spawn 2.0 - FSM please make it so....

Nooo!  I don't need to think of the Duggars each time I go to a Preds game. 

4 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

This was the most traumatic episode of TWD for me, ever.

"Just look at the flowers"...shudder

Each time I've watched this episode, and I think I have twice more, I am DESTROYED at this scene. I dissolve into tears, sobbing, nose running- the works.

I refuse to watch it any more!

Why could they not wait until they had a name to make a video introducing him? All about the tease. Little Worley Baucham Robertson Phelps Seewald is cute as a button.

Spurgeon Elliot and Samson Elijah are too matchy matchy, and Samson Elijah sounds too normal to fit the "might be unique like Spurgeon" uhhh, to me, Spurgeon rolls off the tongue about as well as Dumbledore does. Not very.

No offense to our Finnish FJers or Preds fans, but I crack up when the say Pekka Rinne. Actually I could see Jinger thinking he is a type of pasta.

The Chi/MN game tonight was ok, officiating SUCKED. Some of the worst I've seen since Don Koharski.

Toews Seewald wouldn't be the worst name...except that they would pronounce it "Toes". Kane is just a kreeYAYtive spelling of Cain, so totes Biblical.  Campbell is nice, and "Soupy and Spud" has a nice ring to it. 

But they can't do Panarin.  Anything Panera Bread related is definitely reserved for Steve Anderson.  Too bad. Spud and Snake also have a nice ring. 

Maybe someday they'll have a girl named Hossannah...Hossa for short. Praise be. 

5 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Anyone ever use Nymbler? http://www.nymbler.com/ Website that suggests names based on ones you like. For shits and giggles, I entered Spurgeon,

List was generated from: Spurgeon.

Coley

Welby

Rockwell

Adolf

Stokes

Adlai

Holland

Newman

Ellery

Barnett

Corbett

Carlisle

Shelley

Sigurd

Thorwald

Thorwald....I'm having fun pronouncing that in my god sons 'hulk voice' 

Lol, we drove into Chi a few weeks ago to see the Hawks play Buffalo. Amazing experience! And my new Panarin jersey is hanging proudly in my closet. My son has a Crawford poster above his bed and a Stanley Cup flag signed by Toews taking up another whole wall. 

Duncan Seewald...not terrible! Brent Seewald? Gods I hope not cuz I love my Hawks!

Seeing Jared Spurgeon mentions in this thread makes me happy(I'm a huge Wild fan). "Like a Spurgeon" jokes are a plenty. He's who I think of when I see little Spurgeons name. I still think it's a terrible first name, but I've always kept in mind that the kid won't have a normal childhood with normal peers. Still wish they had gone with Charles though.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived