IGNORED

Seewalds 16 - 8 Players Short of an O-Line

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, MotherOfDragons said:

Oh lord help me. I'd forgotten how cute I thought Josh was when he was a teenager; I had a legit crush on him in the early specials. Somebody please shoot me in the head. :kitty-shifty:

Spoiler

tumblr_n2kz15BBqH1ttkje9o6_250.gif

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I agree. The picture is fine.

Though maybe Ben's crotch is a bit too front and center...ha!

Some of these names aren't that weird to me - Dwight, Oswald, Soren, Friedrich.

I actually know a few young kids named Soren.

I agree that the photo would have been better if Ben sat up and SES was seated in Ben's lap.  

Okay... I am twitching as I type this, but...  I actually think Soren would be a great pick for this baby. "Spurgeon and Soren" ... they actually sound like buddies and it almost makes Spurgeon's name sound cute and at least a little harmonious to "Soren" -- I could imagine there being a lot less name resentment when they're older if they have such similar names (which is also very in-keeping with that obnoxious Duggar tradition). I honestly find Soren to be a very pretty name...

:brainbleach: 

I know a little girl named Soren, so I prefer it for girls even though I've known about Soren Kierkegaard longer than I've known this kid. 

At any rate, I don't think they'll use it. So far they've stuck with last-name nods to their 'Christian heroes' so I'd be surprised if they started using common *gasp* or even traditional-but-unusual first names. 

36 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This was the most traumatic episode of TWD for me, ever.

"Just look at the flowers"...shudder

35 minutes ago, mizandry said:

Okay... I am twitching as I type this, but...  I actually think Soren would be a great pick for this baby. "Spurgeon and Soren" ... they actually sound like buddies and it almost makes Spurgeon's name sound cute and at least a little harmonious to "Soren" -- I could imagine there being a lot less name resentment when they're older if they have such similar names (which is also very in-keeping with that obnoxious Duggar tradition). I honestly find Soren to be a very pretty name...

No fundie kid will be named Sören , that's my brother's name . Go away !

33 minutes ago, mizandry said:

All I can think of is "eye of sauron" of they named the kid Soren.

Part of me wonders if Jessa comes on here to try out names and see reactions. I definitely think she checks out messages boards discussing her and her family. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's ok we all have that one person we thought was cute but turned out meh. It was Kyle Busch for me. 

Anyone ever use Nymbler? http://www.nymbler.com/ Website that suggests names based on ones you like. For shits and giggles, I entered Spurgeon,

List was generated from: Spurgeon.

Coley

Welby

Rockwell

Adolf

Stokes

Adlai

Holland

Newman

Ellery

Barnett

Corbett

Carlisle

Shelley

Sigurd

Thorwald

Hopefully they'd be smart enough not to use Adolf 

1 minute ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

Hopefully they'd be smart enough not to use Adolf 

It would represent the abortion holocaust they go on about....

Just now, karen77 said:

It would represent the abortion holocaust they go on about....

That's the scary thing. HOW DO THESE PEOPLE PASS HISTORY :angry-banghead:    

If they Choose Carlisle we can make twilight jokes right?

2 minutes ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

That's the scary thing. HOW DO THESE PEOPLE PASS HISTORY :angry-banghead:    

If they Choose Carlisle we can make twilight jokes right?

They don't pass anything because I doubt they are ever tested.

42 minutes ago, hasunah said:

No fundie kid will be named Sören , that's my brother's name . Go away !

Don't worry, now that we've talked about it they will be picking something else. :562479b38219e_WinkingmygrinD:

Going back to Ledger, I feel like that name really goes with Spurgeon. Spurgeon and Ledger. The repeated sound (I don't know how to write the sound) makes Spurgeon sound not as strange. 

3 hours ago, MotherOfDragons said:

Oh lord help me. I'd forgotten how cute I thought Josh was when he was a teenager; I had a legit crush on him in the early specials. Somebody please shoot me in the head. :kitty-shifty:

Me too. :my_sick:

Just catching up. Wow...that kid has a big head! Amazes me how something that large passes thru the birth canal. Jessa looks great and her dress looks comfy. Can't wait the hear about this birth. Is he named after Billy "Graham"? I'm just wondering, since Spurge is named after a preacher.

2 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Both my sister and I have unique names (my sisters' is a little more crazy) and long, unusual last names. This goes one of two ways; either the kid loves their name and is proud of it or they hate it and change it.

My sister loves her weirdo name and it suits her. I hate mine and go by a shortened/nickname version of my middle name except for legal documents. Recently I met a heavily pregnant G.P. who gushed about my name and said she'd shortlisted it for her baby despite her husbands' protests. I strongly suggested she listen to him and not subject her baby to a potential naming disaster.

Still, I'm hoping the Seewalds continue with their nutso names; it's about the only interesting thing about them! 

ETA remembered my stupid name will be one of the top baby girl names for the next couple of years. Sorry, babies!

Can your name be that stupid if it's at the top of the list now? I'd love to hear what it is.

1 hour ago, withaj said:

I know a little girl named Soren, so I prefer it for girls even though I've known about Soren Kierkegaard longer than I've known this kid. 

At any rate, I don't think they'll use it. So far they've stuck with last-name nods to their 'Christian heroes' so I'd be surprised if they started using common *gasp* or even traditional-but-unusual first names. 

I have never heard Soren used for a girl. That's interesting to me.

11 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Just catching up. Wow...that kid has a big head! Amazes me how something that large passes thru the birth canal. Jessa looks great and her dress looks comfy. Can't wait the hear about this birth. Is he named after Billy "Graham"? I'm just wondering, since Spurge is named after a preacher.

The name isn't known yet. Graham, I believe, is still just a guess. 

6 hours ago, divadivine said:

Oh, it could be worse. These two are straight crazy.

Ebenezer

Zephaniah

Eliphaz

Jairus

Amaziah

Nadab

Shadrach

Zebedee

Nahum

Obadiah

Baruch

Maybe they will use another Christian author? 

Dwight Moody, a nod to Bin's college

Oswald Chambers

Millard Erickson

Soren Kierkegaard 

Friedrich Schleiermacher

it could be worse than Spurge

I like every single name on this list a lot more than Spurge.

I saw someone on Facebook speculate "Samson" (although she didn't say how she heard that. I just know that she is "friends of friends of the Duggars" and has been to the TTH twice. She's a Gothardite that I met on a mommy group ages ago. I keep her on my friends list for comedic value.)

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived