IGNORED

Seewalds 16 - 8 Players Short of an O-Line

choralcrusader8613

45 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I'd find Jessa far less annoying if she just said they have a name and aren't ready to share it with the public yet.  At least it would be believable, and therefore seem consistent with her presentation as a pious (non-lying) Christian.

But then we won't talk about her and just wait. "Negative" publicity is best you know. 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, seasonsoflife said:

I agree that Israel looks exactly like Jill, but I never got the JB resemblance thing. To me they don't look alike, Jim Boc has a gigantic round face and Jill has the narrowest face of all the girls. 

I think JB's roundness comes from age. Plus I think Jill got Michelle's pointier chin which makes her face look a little longer.

Does side by side with young JB help see it?

Jill-jb.jpg

23 hours ago, Jiraffe said:

Thanks ladies! Sounds like either way, my mom's experience was a bit rushed considering she was in labour for only about 8 hours. But, it does make a lot of sense that they would need to make sure the baby is at least progressing due to the risk of complications.

Preface this with that i'm a doctor who has worked in obstetrics for several years: May have been rushed, may not have been.  If she had a fever then they could have been worried about the risk of infection.  Even a low grade fever is a sign of that and usually the woman feels well but we know it's a sign something is potentially going awry (can also get it from an epidural!).  There's a big difference in someone dilating from say 2cm to 4cm in 8 hours and someone dilating from 6cm to 8cm in 8 hours. The former is very normal because you usually dilate slowly for the first 4cm in a first labour, the latter is a sign of obstructed labour. Your head could have still been very high up in your mother's belly, which can be normal in a second or subsequent pregnancy but in a first pregnancy it's a sign the baby not fit through the pelvis. That plus someone dilating very slowly even if their cervix is changing is a bit ominous. Your heartbeat may have been showing signs you were no longer coping well with contractions, which if your  mother wasn't yet near fully dilated would have meant the labour was taking too long for you.  Or it could have been hospital policy, someone wanting to rush things etc! Really hard to know. At the hospitals I worked at we gave 18 hours after waters break, then started antibiotics. There was no real cut off for when the baby needed to be out, it's woman and baby dependent.

Also people don't always have the best recall in stressful situations which is totally understandable (and I include myself in that! I got my medical notes for one labour because I was just all "What happened there?!").  I've seen women postpartum who I know I consented for something and explained things to, usually because I remember questions they asked, and they have a completely different idea about what happened than what they had on the day. Totally normal and fine, because it's a hella stressful situation.

So short answer: who knows! Hope everything goes well for you!

Graham is definitely a better choice than Gothard (I am so just kidding...:pb_lol::my_sick::brainbleach: ...about even proposing Gothard, I mean...)

11 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

So if Ledger is the name, they'd be going with the oh-so-elegant theme of a -ge  sound in the middle of the name.

Future name options: Fudge, Gadget, Hedgehog, Badger, Barge, Engourge, Margarine.

Can I play? Begrudge, Sewage, Silage, Religion, Impinge, Allege, Revenge and (my favourite) Smidgeon. 

Spurgeon and Smidgeon, come on. They have to call him that!

12 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

So if Ledger is the name, they'd be going with the oh-so-elegant theme of a -ge  sound in the middle of the name.

Future name options: Fudge, Gadget, Hedgehog, Badger, Barge, Engourge, Margarine.

Spurgie and Hedgie both cute as buttons! Love it! :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, drivingmishcrazy said:

How about Lutwidge Seewald? Lewis Carroll was a Reverend :-P

In that case how about Jabberwocky Seewald?

Oecolampadius Hyperius Musculus Seewald. 

I just remembered checking FJ last time right after the name was released and the thread title had "Spurgeon!1!!" And everyone thought it was a weird joke. Really hope they can live up to their own insanity.

Ah I guess I just have to go be really concerned with pizza, that's what happened when she gave birth. Although I don't think we will know the baby name before Monday. There will probably bit a Counting On announcement. 

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

I sincerely hope nothing went wrong with Jessa and that is why they have been so silent. 

Nah, she thinks she's stringing her fans along. 

8 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I think JB's roundness comes from age. Plus I think Jill got Michelle's pointier chin which makes her face look a little longer.

Jill-jb.jpg

I appreciate you taking the time to do this, but....mmm not that much? Sorry, I am trying haha

If we are going to talk about who looks like who, I think Josh looks A LOT like Michelle. You can see it much more in his teenage pictures if also looking at her teenage pictures. 

When a child looks like there opposite sex parent, people are less likely to notice thanks to gendering things like hair, makeup, and clothing getting in the way.

8 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Jill-jb.jpg

Eyes, cheeks, nose, and smile are all JB. Israel has it too as of right now but he may grow out of it. Or he may be pure Duggar as he gets older. 

Nowadays Josh looks like a bloated balding version of Michelle. But when he was younger, he looked just like her teenage pictures. So I'm surprised that none of his kids look much like Michelle. So many of the M kids look like Kellers, not Duggars. But I haven't seen Meredith much. So she could look like a Duggar.

IMG_1239.JPG

IMG_1240.JPG

I've always felt that Mackynzie and Michael look like Josh in the eyes, but Marcus and Meredith are all Keller (esp. Marcus; he's a clone of Anna's dad!).

1 minute ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

I've always felt that Mackynzie and Michael look like Josh in the eyes, but Marcus and Meredith are all Keller (esp. Marcus; he's a clone of Anna's dad!).

I agree about Marcus. He's is a clone of Anna's dad. He should've been named Michael since he looks so much like Mike keller. 

4 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Phillip Waller looks a lot like Anna's Dad as of now too. It's a bit creepy! 

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Nowadays Josh looks like a bloated balding version of Michelle. But when he was younger, he looked just like her teenage pictures. So I'm surprised that none of his kids look much like Michelle. So many of the M kids look like Kellers, not Duggars. But I haven't seen Meredith much. So she could look like a Duggar.

IMG_1239.JPG

IMG_1240.JPG

Jill is her daddy's double judging from the wedding photo. Israel is very Jim-twit too. Time will tell as he gets older.

Joshly has his mothers chin and mouth.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived