IGNORED

Seewalds 16 - 8 Players Short of an O-Line

choralcrusader8613

7 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Lol, we drove into Chi a few weeks ago to see the Hawks play Buffalo. Amazing experience! And my new Panarin jersey is hanging proudly in my closet. My son has a Crawford poster above his bed and a Stanley Cup flag signed by Toews taking up another whole wall. 

Duncan Seewald...not terrible! Brent Seewald? Gods I hope not cuz I love my Hawks!

I can't hear (or read) the name Brent now without thinking "They're good dogs Brent"

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

No offense to our Finnish FJers or Preds fans, but I crack up when the say Pekka Rinne. Actually I could see Jinger thinking he is a type of pasta.

The Chi/MN game tonight was ok, officiating SUCKED. Some of the worst I've seen since Don Koharski.

Anytime I see or hear pekkas name I think it would be the perfect name for phallic shaped pasta…

If we go with hockey players theme I would guess Malkin Seewald

15 minutes ago, Jilli said:

Anytime I see or hear pekkas name I think it would be the perfect name for phallic shaped pasta…

If we go with hockey players theme I would guess Malkin Seewald

A Russian?!? This baby will be a REAL AMERICAN HERO and needs a name to match: Kessel "Hot Dogs" Seewald! 

(Kidding. Malkin is one of my all time favorite players :) )

IMG_4430.JPG

16 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

A Russian?!? This baby will be a REAL AMERICAN HERO and needs a name to match: Kessel "Hot Dogs" Seewald! 

(Kidding. Malkin is one of my all time favorite players :) )

IMG_4430.JPG

Kessel! That picture is amazing.  :pb_lol:

Wow, ZEBULON, what a wonderful name! Seriously, it's very similar to word "Onion" in polish, "ʦ̑ɛ-ˈbu-la". 

In everyday language there is fake currency called "cebulions" - someone who is collecting cebulions is stingy and makes poorly profitable deals which needs a lot of effort. Somehow it applies to Duggars.

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

I can't hear (or read) the name Brent now without thinking "They're good dogs Brent"

Brent is my little brother's name. He got both a coffee mug and a tshirt with that on it. He loves it. 

I know she's dragging it out for attention, but Jessa and Ben, you had NINE MONTHS (actually, even longer than that, because seriously, what do you do all day other than lie around and maybe clean your father-in-law's toilets) to think up a name. I am not convinced that the two of you are so empty-headed and preoccupied with posting stupid shit on Instagram and wondering if your sister is more an Emmental or a Chevre that you never sat down together and said "OK, we like these names, let's narrow it down".

In the UK you have 6 weeks to name and register a baby. My sisters were named and registered on the last day. Some people have very different tastes in names and things can get contentious.

When Miniway was born and was a boy I thought the name was decided since we had spent the whole pregnancy agreeing on this name only and vetoed all other names. But nooooo. Mr. Way wanted to think about it more and ten days later after multiple vetos we named him that one name. 

We probably shouldn't have any more children. :)

I'm not bothered about the name delay.  I do think they had trouble deciding on spurgeon, and Jessa wasn't happy with it - as someone else said, she used Quincy on Instagram for a while after.

My youngest niece didn't have a name for over two weeks -they just couldn't agree despite knowing she was a girl since 18 weeks.  My son wouldn't have had a name straight away if I hadn't caved into accepting DH's choice- we just could not agree.  

But if they're doing it for attention, they're getting it - how many pages is this thread now?  

OK, here's a Q - why do religious people call their children Cain?  I don't get it at all, but it turns up in top 200 baby name lists and so on.

18 minutes ago, Karma said:

But if they're doing it for attention, they're getting it - how many pages is this thread now?  

At least we know it won't last. By the time her sixth or seventh kid rolls around, the previous ones have a bunch of weird names, and she tries to wait a week to annouce the name-- nobody will care anymore. 

At least I hope.

1 minute ago, Lurky said:

OK, here's a Q - why do religious people call their children Cain?  I don't get it at all, but it turns up in top 200 baby name lists and so on.

Lurky, that is really interesting. It's not like you hear of a lot of kids named Jezebel or Judas.

The Cain story always confused me cause it seemed like God was defending/protecting Cain after he killed his brother. I never read Cain's mark God gave him as something bad. Maybe people tie it in with forgiveness? Who knows. 

39 minutes ago, Karma said:

I'm not bothered about the name delay.  I do think they had trouble deciding on spurgeon, and Jessa wasn't happy with it - as someone else said, she used Quincy on Instagram for a while after.

My youngest niece didn't have a name for over two weeks -they just couldn't agree despite knowing she was a girl since 18 weeks.  My son wouldn't have had a name straight away if I hadn't caved into accepting DH's choice- we just could not agree.    

My mom had MASSIVE "postpartum depression" (so she claimed) and laid in bed crying for weeks because she was so "stressed" about finding the perfect name for my brother (her precious only son). I know PPD is a real thing, but with my mom it was more a mix of pure laziness and boredom now that the spotlight was no longer on her, no more monthly excursions into the city for her checkups, etc. But yeah she took the name thing wayyy to the extreme, until she was actually forced to pay some sort of late fine for not naming him. I don't think she officially named him until he was a year old. 

While she was wallowing in bed for months, the rest of us were roaming around the house playing while we were supposed to be being "homeschooled" yeah right. One of the many reasons why I think homeschooling should be illegal. Idk his people can even pretend to be proficiently schooling all while constantly caring for newborns?? 

@imokit Interesting that the U.K. gives 6 weeks. What will happen if you don't? Lol. I personally don't understand how people argue do much over names. I would not marry someone whose taste I don't trust. I hope if I ever had a kid it would be with someone I'm so happy to be with I don't care about the name. I see myself letting the boy and/or his parents choose the name, because my own parents have terrible taste. 

Here parents have 21 days to register child and chose name(s, max 2). After that time you get birth certificate with name which is normally used here. Of course parents can change it later, but that means another paperwork and trips to registration office.

I always thought I'd be that person who would have a few name options and wouldn't choose until the baby was born. But husband and I had two names picked out (one for each sex) well before we found out I was pregnant. Getting all the paperwork done in the hospital was great and it cut down on the amount of time we had to wait to get her official documentation. And we already have another girl name picked out, so we should be ready either way when we hopefully welcome a second child in a few years.

We're planners and we're very lucky to have similar taste in names. That isn't true for everyone though and wouldn't work for some parents - all that matters is that everyone is healthy and happy and they don't name the kid something absolutely horrific (like Adolf Hitler.)

1 hour ago, Karma said:

I agree. I think with Spurgeon she legit was fighting the name. But afterward she saw how much attention delaying th name got her so she's doing that again even though they probably have a name. Same thing with not telling anyone the gender. 

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

I know, right? He MURDERS his brother out of jealousy, and future generations- 'people of faith'- honor the name, if not (I hope) the man.

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

In Denmark you have 6 months, and if you don't, you will have to pay fines. 

It's pretty much the same in Norway. You'll get a reminder after 5 months, and after 6 months you can get fined. 

I think this name thing makes them look immature. I get it with the first, but you knew the gender the whole time. You have had a day to see the child and find the one that feels right. 

You just want attention. And while I was interested at first, now I just don't care. They aren't special. They are young kids with no jobs who are on TV not doing anything to benefit society except show how pretentious they are for being better than everyone else. I'd respect them if they used their platform to actually demonstrate the good about their beliefs. If they showed them helping people. Or being Christ like. 

Instead I just see them all interact with people with snarled noses and bad attitudes. Why are they famous? Why do they think they need a magazine cover? Their mother and father were the ones people cared about. The woman who had 14 kids! Now it's another! And another! 

Jessa is normal. Well, normal for wealthy 20 something who lives under her father's authority in his house and promotes her friends $10 cupcakes.  

Holding the name for attention for me is having the opposite affect. It's showing me they aren't just wholesome little Christians, they are fame whores milking attention. Over it. 

In Germany we have some rules when choosing names:

- Must be a first name, so not all last names are allowed. (For example my last name wouldn't be allowed as first name, some are.)
- Not allowed to give your child a name that harms him. (Like Judas or Kain or funny names.) 
- Not allowed to hurt religious feelings. (Jesus was not allowed for a long time, but per court is now allowed.)
- Not a name of a town or brand. (Like New York or Stockholm.)
- Lord or Princess (and other names/titles like that) are not allowed.
- You have four weeks to choose!

My parents had my name ready long before I was even planned. No boy name though. They were 100% sure that I would be a girl.

3 hours ago, imokit said:

In the UK you have 6 weeks to name and register a baby. My sisters were named and registered on the last day. Some people have very different tastes in names and things can get contentious.

I can't even imagine. My kids were named before they were conceived. Well, their first names were set in stone. Their middle names were settled a few months before they were born.

28 minutes ago, Gobbles said:

In Germany we have some rules when choosing names:

- Must be a first name, so not all last names are allowed. (For example my last name wouldn't be allowed as first name, some are.)
- Not allowed to give your child a name that harms him. (Like Judas or Kain or funny names.) 
- Not allowed to hurt religious feelings. (Jesus was not allowed for a long time, but per court is now allowed.)
- Not a name of a town or brand. (Like New York or Stockholm.)
- Lord or Princess (and other names/titles like that) are not allowed.
- You have four weeks to choose!

My parents had my name ready long before I was even planned. No boy name though. They were 100% sure that I would be a girl.

I would be so annoyed by having so many rules. I am glad the US doesn't have a ban on names. Even if that means there are some silly sounding names out there.

I would never hold out on my family when it comes to my child's name because I think it causes a build up of high expectations. Like I've come up with some super special unique name that everyone will gasp in sheer delight over. 

Nope. My kids have very ordinary names. I am sure they would be quite the let down, lol. 

And I will also say that I find big gender reveal parties to be rather anticlimactic. It's a girl or a boy. Big whoop. I would be more interested if the reveal choice were girl, boy, velociraptor, or Wookiee. I would be keeping my fingers crossed for the Wookiee. 

My sister and her husband started dating in high school when they met in grade nine.  Said they were going to get married and name their first son Zachery.  Married (at 19 for her and 18 for him), said when they have kids, the first boy will be named Zachery.  Waited 10 years to have kids.  Sis finally is with child, spends the whole nine months saying if they baby is a boy, they will name him Zachery.  She goes over her due date by three weeks - every time I speak to her, she says a boy will be Zachery.  Baby finally comes, it is a boy!  I speak to her shortly after the birth and say "Yay!  Zachery is finally here".  She says "Nope.  Name is S____.  We just saw him and thought "he's just not a Zachery".

She has three boys and none of them are called Zachery.

@SamiKatz My parents were exactly the same with my brother - definitely absolutely had the name they wanted, until he was born, and then it just didn't feel right.  I love stories like that!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived