IGNORED

Seewalds 16 - 8 Players Short of an O-Line

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, Dubiousclaire said:

My assumption is that they are delaying the announcement of the name by pre-arrangement with People magazine ... look for the cover story to hit your newsstand Monday!  #payday

I was thinking that a cover would be released today or tomorrow. People usually does it on a Wednesday or Thursday????

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

Yeah I agree. I don't think the Dillards will be sticking with all the same letter either. I can't remember which one it was, but one of those couples has already said they don't plan on sticking with one letter. If they do want to use a theme, I imagine the Seewalds will continue the "heroes of the Christian faith" thing. The Dillards might stick with cultural appropriation place names?

The Dillard's want to use the name Selah, so my guess is that their theme will be usual/obscure/unpopular biblical names. 

ETA: Maybe Joe and Kendra will get Jessa and Ben's house 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Stormy said:

Jessa looks amazing as usual, but Ben... It's not only that he looks stoned, but he clearly has no energy whatsoever and can barely react to what's going on around him. Maybe he's the Duggar-in-law that we should be worried about.

Pretty sure Ben's always been like that. It's more that he's awkward, I think, than anything else. 

I just read the People article and they said the second baby might have a unique name like Spurgeon.

For love of all things holy, I hope not. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Jessa said she's going to adopt the rest? Okay. Get back to me in 7  months when you're pregnant again.  

she said that after Spurge.... if you read the quote more closely. Not after No name kid

Delaying the name still.. jsut weird, most celebrities don't even do that at least for more than 1 day.....or never release it really (But they are going for privacy, the D's don't do that)

If my parents gave such "unique" name and gave my brother something normal, I would rather prefer if they won't distinguished me like that... 

Spurgeon is 15 months old, and his name still sounds awkward for me. I never heard about this name before. Maybe if second boy receive some rare name it will be easier to accept their weird taste in naming children. 

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I saw this picture on tumblr.

tumblr_ol2bbq64851uipssao1_1280.jpg

Yes, this is a BEC comment. This picture annoys me. I know in their world the women revolve around the men who are the center of the universe, but maybe, just this once, Ben could have let Jessa be center stage? There he sits, center of the photo, slouching and legs akimbo, possibly just after finishing a blunt. Jessa, holding the reason for this photo call in her arms, is forced to lean in. 

She should be in the center, with Spud snuggled up to her with Ben sitting on the side. Maybe she's not sore and I'm projecting, but I still hate to see her having to lean in. Jessa was just part of an age-old miracle, and she deserves to be front and center.

3 hours ago, Ampak said:

As someone who is trying to adopt to build a family because we are unable to have biological christen, it really pisses me off to think she would be putting herself in the pool of waiting parents. Many many many of the waiting parents CANT have kids. I hope she adopts an older child from foster care and not a private infant adoption.

I think most places take women off the list if they get pregnant. You also can't currently have an infant at home. So that pretty much means Jessa would never be on the list.

3 hours ago, Ampak said:

I hope Jill has to have repeat c-sections so it limits her family to 3-4 kids. Isn't it dangerous to have more than that?

My thoughts exactly. They will get a family flip house and J&A will get the newlywed's nest.

I hope they surprise us all with a non-faith or political statement name.

I'm not one to talk though. If I ever get to have or adopt a little girl her name will be Regan Liberty.

I know someone who had 5 c-sections. She also had a bunch of other health problems and was basically told she shouldn't get pregnant after the 3rd c-section. I suspect the Dillards would be the same way.

48 minutes ago, Stormy said:

Jessa looks amazing as usual, but Ben... It's not only that he looks stoned, but he clearly has no energy whatsoever and can barely react to what's going on around him. Maybe he's the Duggar-in-law that we should be worried about.

I don't know...Ben has bad allergies so I think that always gives him that stoned appearance. Plus...a toddler and a new baby?  I am sure that wears a person out.

5 minutes ago, Season of life... said:

Yes, this is a BEC comment. This picture annoys me. I know in their world the women revolve around the men who are the center of the universe, but maybe, just this once, Ben could have let Jessa be center stage? There he sits, center of the photo, slouching and legs akimbo, possibly just after finishing a blunt. Jessa, holding the reason for this photo call in her arms, is forced to lean in. 

She should be in the center, with Spud snuggled up to her with Ben sitting on the side. Maybe she's not sore and I'm projecting, but I still hate to see her having to lean in. Jessa was just part of an age-old miracle, and she deserves to be front and center.

While I appreciate your upfront acknowledgement of BEC, I think this is a little ridiculous. They're both in the center of the photo. They are almost certainly not the ones who cropped the photo. If you cover the legs, he isn't taking up any more of the frame than she is.

51 minutes ago, season of life said:

I just read the People article and they said the second baby might have a unique name like Spurgeon.

For love of all things holy, I hope not. 

I doubt it will be worse. 

26 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I don't know...Ben has bad allergies so I think that always gives him that stoned appearance. Plus...a toddler and a new baby?  I am sure that wears a person out.

And the red eye is especially obvious when he wears contacts. I suspect that's part of the reason we've seen him wearing glasses more and more.

14 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

I doubt it will be worse. 

Oh, it could be worse. These two are straight crazy.

Ebenezer

Zephaniah

Eliphaz

Jairus

Amaziah

Nadab

Shadrach

Zebedee

Nahum

Obadiah

Baruch

Maybe they will use another Christian author? 

Dwight Moody, a nod to Bin's college

Oswald Chambers

Millard Erickson

Soren Kierkegaard 

Friedrich Schleiermacher

it could be worse than Spurge

4 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Someone's been messing around on the 19 Kids and Counting Wikipedia page.

19grandkids.png

you AV is the perfect reaction to this

wonder if it'll pan out 

10 minutes ago, divadivine said:

Ebenezer

Zephaniah

Eliphaz

Jairus

Amaziah

Nadab

Shadrach

Zebedee

Nahum

Obadiah

Baruch

Oswald Chambers

Millard Erickson

Soren Kierkegaard 

Friedrich Schleiermacher

They could stick with the SES initials: Schleiermacher Erickson Seewald :dance: 

29 minutes ago, divadivine said:

Ebenezer

Zephaniah

Eliphaz

Jairus

Amaziah

Nadab

Shadrach

Zebedee

Nahum

Obadiah

Baruch

Oswald Chambers

Millard Erickson

Soren Kierkegaard 

Friedrich Schleiermacher

I know of kids called Zebedee and Obadiah.

Plus Jeshurun.

I think the name will be Zebulon. Zebbie for short. And yeah a woman shouldn't have too many c-sections. But that doesn't mean that Jill would abide by that. I'm sure she thinks god will keep her safe.

2 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I think the name will be Zebulon. Zebbie for short. And yeah a woman shouldn't have too many c-sections. But that doesn't mean that Jill would abide by that. I'm sure she thinks god will keep her safe.

Zebulon was the grandpa on the Waltons. Do you think the Duggars have seen the Waltons? I think it might be a fundie approved series. Zebulon it is!

I am going to vote for the name Bunyan Luther Seewald. Bunyan is the only name that may equal Spurgeon in uniqueness. Luther isn't so bad. 

5 hours ago, singsingsing said:

That's exactly what she said, minus the part about the name.

Which is exactly what Jessa seems to be doing. I don't think Jessa and Ben or any of the Duggars have personally commented on why they're not releasing the name. I've only seen the Duggar Family Blog (run by fans) state that they have not yet decided on a name. The only thing Jessa has done is not announce a name. As far as I know, she hasn't commented on the fact that she's not announcing the name in any way. It's literally only people on the internet who are commenting and speculating about it, and refusing to believe that they could possibly be telling the truth about simply not having name him yet.

Re: The Bolded- I think though the reason why people don't believe them is because it is the second time they have done this. I guess we'll know for certain when baby number 3 rolls around. ;)

@Season of life... Ben is holding Spurge so Jessa can hold the baby she's pushed out.  Its not unreasonable for Jessa to want to hold the baby in the pic, and if she had held him & wrangled Spurge while Ben leaned in from the other side, you'd be saying that he's not helping & already leaving her to wrangle kids.

13 minutes ago, MakeitSew said:

I am going to vote for the name Bunyan Luther Seewald. Bunyan is the only name that may equal Spurgeon in uniqueness. Luther isn't so bad. 

Both Bunyan and Spurgeon sound like body functions so yeah. I can see them going for it.

1 hour ago, Season of life... said:

I don't really get this. I guess Jessa could have been in between Ben and Spurgeon, but since she's holding the little one it makes more sense for Ben to have his arm around Spurgeon who was probably wiggling around and needed help keeping still. I think you read way too much into that photo, I really doubt they put that much thought into where they all were sitting.

1 hour ago, friendofgreen said:

you AV is the perfect reaction to this

wonder if it'll pan out 

Haha thanks. I doubt it. My guess is it was made up by someone who is assuming Jessa and Jill are going to continue the whole "give every kid the same first initial" thing. Plus, the Seewalds said the new baby's name is probably going to be unique like Spurgeon's, and Samson isn't particularly out there.

26 minutes ago, MakeitSew said:

We can call him little Bunyip! It's a creature from the Australian Aboriginal's Dreamtime/Culture that lives in water sources that likes to eat people!

Bunyip and Sturgeon, everyone's favourite water creatures!

I honestly think Ben looks alright in that photo.  He looks happy and content, but yes, tired too.

Derick never looks that put together these days.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived