IGNORED

Seewalds 16 - 8 Players Short of an O-Line

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

The Offensive line is from football and is actually only 5 guys: center, 2 tackles, and 2 guards on each side of the center.  The quarterback lines up behind the center, so he's definitely NOT on the O Line. The other guys can't actually have their feet on the line of scrimmage when a play starts or they'll incur a penalty. You would also have a tight end and generally two wide receivers up front, but they are not part of the O Line. Running back(s) line up behind the e QB. Receivers can go pretty much anywhere, depending on the play. 

/end football lesson. :)

See, that partly answers my confusion. We had to take a test on how sports go in junior high, and I kind of remember the football one, in that I could follow along if I felt like it. But I was taking this title really literally, for no useful reason I can name. I saw eleven players on the field, arranged. And completely missed the entire point of it. Which was clever. I mean, the point of the title, not me missing it.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

So if Ledger is the name, they'd be going with the oh-so-elegant theme of a -ge  sound in the middle of the name.

Future name options: Fudge, Gadget, Hedgehog, Badger, Barge, Engourge, Margarine.

I see Fudge here, and all I can think of is Farley Drexel Hatcher, aka Fudge, Peter's little brother (and biggest headache) in Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume.

7 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Israel is 100% Jill (who looks just like Jim Boob).

2D274905891056-2D11749740-duggars4kids.today-inline-large2x.jpgScreen Shot 2017-02-07 at 7.53.01 AM.png

I agree that Israel looks exactly like Jill, but I never got the JB resemblance thing. To me they don't look alike, Jim Boc has a gigantic round face and Jill has the narrowest face of all the girls. 

4 minutes ago, seasonsoflife said:

I agree that Israel looks exactly like Jill, but I never got the JB resemblance thing. To me they don't look alike, Jim Boc has a gigantic round face and Jill has the narrowest face of all the girls. 

For me, I see Jim Bob around the eyes and also in Jill's smile. I don't know why but I see a lot of Jim Bob in Jill. 

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Firmly, put me in the do not give a shite what his name is. His name could literally be shite, and I still would not care.

I care in a train wreck way. I want it to be as awful as Spurgeon, or if they can somehow make it worse that'd be great.

31 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

See, that partly answers my confusion. We had to take a test on how sports go in junior high, and I kind of remember the football one, in that I could follow along if I felt like it. But I was taking this title really literally, for no useful reason I can name. I saw eleven players on the field, arranged. And completely missed the entire point of it. Which was clever. I mean, the point of the title, not me missing it.

LOL! I get what the author was getting at, too, but as an avid football fan, I HAD to get that out of my system! :D

10 minutes ago, CharityBear said:

DFO Facebook posted a picture of Seewald #2 and I've seen numerous comments calling the baby Graham. Anyone know why?

20170207_192703.png

Oh man...it's after Billy Graham, isn't it? It would fit the pattern...

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Oh man...it's after Billy Graham, isn't it?

That was my first thought, but at least Graham is a somewhat normal name.

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Puffy sleeves is such a weird thing to like. Same with Jeremy and the long veil.

They're both impractical, why the love? :pb_lol: 

it's the image they want to project I am guessing 

Jeremy is very much into image as is JB 

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Interesting. I kind of have the opposite opinion - I mean, if you struggled deciding on a name the first time around, you're more likely to struggle the second time around, too. Some people love names and have a ten-page long list before they even conceive. Other people are the complete opposite. 

I just can't help but feel like the anger directed toward them for this is a little weird. Even if they are famewhoring. Okay... we all know that their livelihood is their reality TV show and social media presence. That's not news. If they are doing this to create suspense and drive attention to their pages, they're smart. It's clearly working. The only people who have a negative reaction to it are people who actually care, and I think they have enough real fans that the negative attention is probably just gravy to them.

Whether Jessa and Ben announce their baby's name ten seconds or ten weeks after its birth has literally no negative impact on any person whatsoever. I'll judge them for indoctrinating their kids into their effed-up religious system, discouraging them from higher education, having dangerous home births with unqualified midwives, etc. - not for creating a little suspense to drum up more clicks and page views, if that's what they're even doing.

up until a few years ago - I did care :D 

now they are famewhoring and will be on the cover of People with a name this week....screw what's going on in the real world 

they demand their attention because how they survive and pay the bills 

On 2/6/2017 at 3:04 PM, Fundie Bunny said:

My aunt wins. She got in labor at around 7 am and my cousin was born around 10 am. They barely had time to squeeze in an epidural

I was in labor for 3 1/2 hours with my 4th, but because I went from 5cm to holding him in under 5 minutes, they didn't manage to do the epidural, they were still placing it when he was born.  I never even pushed, in fact, I was actively trying not to have him, since the nurse and anesthesiologist in my room at the time were freaking out about never having delivered a baby before, and telling me to wait till the doctor showed up.   My body was against waiting though, so he was born a few minutes before the doctor got to the room...then the real fun began, cause the OB couldn't stop me from bleeding.  Not a size issue, he was only 5 1/2 lbs.  Luckily for me, unlike jessa, I was in a hospital, so the doctor was able to treat immediately, with medications, and I didn't have to have a blood transfusion.  Also unlike jessa, we made it impossible to get pregnant again after said bleeding incident.  We planned on 6 kids, my body clearly was done with 4, so, there ya go.

Strangely, that's not even close to my fastest (or my longest...) labor...  I had a 15 minute induction, from first contraction to holding him, with 1 push, for #2 and a 45 minute induction with one push for #3.  I never even asked for an epidural with them though...it just never was THAT painful, it wouldn't have happened anyway, even had I wanted one.  #1 was 56 hours of pitocin induced contractions and 6 hours of pushing...I think her brothers were just trying to make up for that.

22 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I couldn't find this post. Other people are calling him Simon and Sebastian. Was this post from a known entity or just some random leghumper?

Just now, marmalade said:

I couldn't find this post. Other people are calling him Simon and Sebastian. Was this post from a known entity or just some random leghumper?

Seems like a random humper. But I could be wrong. 

1 minute ago, marmalade said:

It was a random person a far as I know, but I saw other posts of people calling him Graham too. That's what struck me.

30 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I would've said Graham Cracker as a joke... but then you never know.

I believe you're right though.

4 minutes ago, CharityBear said:

It was a random person a far as I know, but I saw other posts of people calling him Graham too. That's what struck me.

I wonder if someone read that post and thought that they were in the know and just copy-catted? I've seen rumors spread like wildfire on SM this way before. 

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Extremely fast labors really are traumatic. And so very painful. I had a very long labor and a very short labor like yours and I would take the very long labor thank you very much.

Eh, I will admit that the 60ish stitches I had to get after a 15 minute labor was bad...but I'd still do it a million times before I'd do even one more 2+ day long one.   You know, if it was a choice...  I also think the stitches were more related to size. Even though he was only 7lbs 7ounces, he was 9oz bigger than his next biggest sibling, and his head was above the 97th%.

Because Charles and William would have been inferior names, right?

Too bad these 2 couldn't have started with a couple of cats.

21 minutes ago, Jillian said:

Strangely, that's not even close to my fastest (or my longest...) labor...  I had a 15 minute induction, from first contraction to holding him, with 1 push, 

I've never heard of anyone else with an induction that fast, but that's exactly what happened with my son. Pitocin turned on (and 2cm) to baby in 15 minutes. Intense, huh? 

Normal people cry after their baby is born. I laughed like a maniac while my husband cursed. 

I ended up back in the hospital a few days later with heart issues. Every time a new doctor or nurse would come in they'd say something to the effect of "oh you're the one who delivered like a rocket!"

Yep. That's me. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived