IGNORED

Seewalds 16 - 8 Players Short of an O-Line

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

How about Melchizedek? I was looking through my family tree and found a Melchizedek back in the 1700's.

Alas, too Mormon :pb_biggrin: 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm. Well, pickles source was right about Israel ... I can't think of any famous religious figures named Ledger, tho I am an evil heathen Catholic so what would I know about true Christians ....

13 minutes ago, HRM1216 said:

This would crack me up because all I can think of with that name is Heath Ledger and I can't imagine any of his movies were Duggar-approved.

Mee too. But it could be "fun" if they really name him like him without knowing and find it out from the comment on internet 

If his name is Ledger, that's not too bad. It's actually pretty normal with the surname-as-first-name trend. Is that trend still a thing? I know it was back in the late 2000s. 

21 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

...by which time she'll probably have another one. It could be years before she has less than two in diapers.

21 hours ago, nst said:

and there goes her plan to adopt 

well, you know..... what "if it's twins?"

4 hours ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Ledger? As in Heath Ledger? As in Brokeback Mountain? Please, please, please, let it be true!

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

When I got pregnant during the late 80s and early 90s, I was not wearing any clothing at all. I guess we felt pretty sexy while nude.

Touché, @SassyPants!

15 hours ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

A pattern emerges.

Spurgeon was due 11/1 and born four days later on 11/5.

Seewald #2 was due 2/2 and born four days later on 2/6.

So far, Jessa seems to go four days overdue.

Keep that pattern for next birthpool, please :my_biggrin: we will need it very soon

2 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Ledger? As in Heath Ledger? As in Brokeback Mountain? Please, please, please, let it be true!

Oh my, i was thinking about the joker. Now I reeeeeally want this kid to be name de ledger :pb_lol:

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think he looks more like Jill. 

Whoops! Didn't see that this picture was already posted! Ignore Jill and focus on Michelle's lovely dress. 

IMG_1237.JPG

Michelle looks uncomfortable touching her own daughter. So sad and weird.

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

J'chelle has the face off "get this baby off of me, I need to try and make another!"

Let's be honest here, she was probably already pregnant with Jessa. 

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Let's be honest here, she was probably already pregnant with Jessa. 

Given her fuller face, the way she has the baby out from her body, the loose dress (even for Michelle), and the age of the kids, I'd say she's pretty far along with Jess in this picture. 

5 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

I wanted to ask earlier, forgot. What is an O line, and why does it require 12 people?

The Offensive line is from football and is actually only 5 guys: center, 2 tackles, and 2 guards on each side of the center.  The quarterback lines up behind the center, so he's definitely NOT on the O Line. The other guys can't actually have their feet on the line of scrimmage when a play starts or they'll incur a penalty. You would also have a tight end and generally two wide receivers up front, but they are not part of the O Line. Running back(s) line up behind the e QB. Receivers can go pretty much anywhere, depending on the play. 

/end football lesson. :)

I'm not sure what the big deal is with Jessa and Ben not immediately announcing the name of their newest spawn.

Plenty of people have a planned name and change their minds, others have a lot of conflict over the name, and some people may just not feel it's anyone's darn business what they are naming or thinking of naming their kid.

Who cares? It doesn't impact anyone's life.

Even if it's Jessa being a control freak (weird that nobody ever speculates that it's Ben being a control freak) - who cares. She is not in control over much in her life, and if withholding information about her pregnancy/child from a bunch of random strangers floats her boat, oh well. We'll find out the undoubtedly god awful name in due course. 

59 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

J'chelle has the face off "get this baby off of me, I need to try and make another!"

I suspect she was already knocked up with Jessa at this point. That dress is nothing short of a tent. 

17 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I suspect she was already knocked up with Jessa at this point. That dress is nothing short of a tent. 

She definitely was. Jill and Jessa are 18 months apart in age and Jill looks to be at least a year old there.

So if Ledger is the name, they'd be going with the oh-so-elegant theme of a -ge  sound in the middle of the name.

Future name options: Fudge, Gadget, Hedgehog, Badger, Barge, Engourge, Margarine.

7 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Oh no, I had a friend who's water broke and the baby essentially fell out. Her 1st labor was 3 hours her second was 30 minutes.  She almost didn't make it to the hospital in time to have #1 baby was born before the doc got there and before they could check her in.  2nd baby she though her water broke so they rushed to the hospital, it hadn't but she was told she was at 5 cm already, since the 1st baby came so fast they kept her and broke her water to start labor, and 30 minutes later the baby was born, 2 pushes. Some women are just very lucky in the birthing department.  

My friend did not make it to the hospital. She went into labor at 38 weeks. 45 minutes later, her son was born at home. She said that she would have preferred being in labor for several hours. She basically went from 0-10 cm in less than an hour. That is rough in its own way. 

6 hours ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

This dragging out the announcement and withholding the name is really annoying and pointless. No other reason for it other than attention whoring. I don't get why or how they do not have a name picked out yet. 9 months to think about a baby coming, even more so, when babies are your 'business' or life purpose. 

I don't plan on having kids, but even I have a favourite name list. I am actually obsessed with compiling name lists ( yeah, I'm weird). Most of these will be for future dogs, or other pets I might have though. 

My current dog was a total surprise ( my step-dad arrived home from work carrying with a box which when opened contained a scared but super cutey 6 week old pup) (Yep, that's her in my av pic). I was not expecting a new dog that day, no one in my family was expecting another dog. So there was no planning or thinking on names in preparation. I gave her a name within 2 minutes once I picked up her up out of the box and into my arms for a cuddle. The only delay to the naming came was due to my squealing and screaming excitement for a few minutes.

Haha. DH and I might have driven you crazy. We did not know if we were having a boy or a girl. Once our daughter was born, we didn't have a name picked out. So, we didn't tell anyone she was born for 4 hours when she had a first name. She didn't have a middle name until right before we were discharged and wanted to fill out the birth certificate paperwork. :pb_lol:

When I see Ledger, I think Legion, as in my name is Legion, the number of demons Jesus had to exorcise. I've probably got that totally wrong. My days of Bible study are long gone.

1 minute ago, KnittingOwl said:

My friend did not make it to the hospital. She went into labor at 38 weeks. 45 minutes later, her son was born at home. She said that she would have preferred being in labor for several hours. She basically went from 0-10 cm in less than an hour. That is rough in its own way. 

My sister was at the hospital with labor not particularly progressing quickly. She got an epidural, and started doing her make up because she was bored and barely dilated even after her water broke hours before. 

She only had one eye done when 20 minutes later, her doctor came in for a post epidural check.  Turns out, after labor barely progressing for hours, she had gone from barely dilated  to 10cm in minutes! A few pushes later, my niece was born. 

She was a legend on the maternity floor.

2 hours ago, HRM1216 said:

This would crack me up because all I can think of with that name is Heath Ledger and I can't imagine any of his movies were Duggar-approved.

Yes!  That's exactly what I was thinking.  Ben has a Spurg boy crush and Jess's has a Heath boy crush.... one can dream :)

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived