IGNORED

Seewalds 16 - 8 Players Short of an O-Line

choralcrusader8613

13 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I still think Izzy looks a lot like Derick...

derickizzy.jpg

I think he looks more like Jill. 

Whoops! Didn't see that this picture was already posted! Ignore Jill and focus on Michelle's lovely dress. 

IMG_1237.JPG

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Kittikatz said:

@Jiraffe there could also have been some indication of feral distress or infection or an increased risk of infection that caused them to want to hurry you out. Alternately, you could have been caught up in hospital policy for how long they allow stalled labours in mother's with broken amniotic sacks to continue.

When you get pregnant it would be a good idea to talk with your doctor and understand what his/her/the hospital's triggers are for unplanned c-sections or other interventions. That way you'll know what to expect if there are indications of infection, or your labour stalls for more than x hours, or if your water has been broken for more than x hours... It can help you wrap your head around the different scenarios so if something deviates from your birth plan it won't be a shock or something you don't understand the why of.

Hospital policy is pretty likely actually, they apparently just thought that it was taking too long. But yeah...it could be any number of things that my mom either forgot or didn't realize.

And absolutely! I'll be asking tons and tons of questions of my doctor or OBGYN... I'm definitely someone who always feels the need to understand the why of whatever is happening. And particularly in a case like this, where there could be loads of things changing and not going according to plan last minute, during a very emotional time, I will be trying to gather as much knowledge as possible from them ahead of time. 

It's so interesting to read everyone's birth stories here though, as well... Everyone's "real world" experiences are SO different. 

Whoops! Didn't see that this picture was already posted! Ignore Jill and focus on Michelle's lovely dress. 

IMG_1237.JPG

Damn. Ain't no denying Israel is the clone of his mama there.

Same as Josie looking like toddler Michelle 2.0.

So crazy how their genetics played out. I think that could make an interesting topic. Out of the older girls I've always thought that Jana, Jessa and Joy were the most alike. As in if JB and Michelle were a normal family had had 3 kids, it wouldn't seem too strange to think Jana, Jessa and Joy were those 3. Normal spacing, similar looks. Not that I wish the other kids out of existence, but it would've been interesting to see how that family would've played out if they weren't fundie.

Jessa would've been a popular girl, likely a cheerleader. The other two? Not so sure.

This dragging out the announcement and withholding the name is really annoying and pointless. No other reason for it other than attention whoring. I don't get why or how they do not have a name picked out yet. 9 months to think about a baby coming, even more so, when babies are your 'business' or life purpose. 

I don't plan on having kids, but even I have a favourite name list. I am actually obsessed with compiling name lists ( yeah, I'm weird). Most of these will be for future dogs, or other pets I might have though. 

My current dog was a total surprise ( my step-dad arrived home from work carrying with a box which when opened contained a scared but super cutey 6 week old pup) (Yep, that's her in my av pic). I was not expecting a new dog that day, no one in my family was expecting another dog. So there was no planning or thinking on names in preparation. I gave her a name within 2 minutes once I picked up her up out of the box and into my arms for a cuddle. The only delay to the naming came was due to my squealing and screaming excitement for a few minutes.

I made a sort of chart in order to play along. :-)

40 weeks, 9 hours labor: 8 lb 2 oz/20 inches girl, now 5’ 8” water broke, back labor, epidural
39 weeks, 3.5 hours labor: 7 lb 13.75 oz/18.5 inches girl, now 5’ 5” water broke, post-partum infection
39 weeks, 12 hours labor: 8 lb 9 oz/21 inches girl, now 5’ 10” pitocin, epidural
40 weeks, 16 hours labor: 7 lbs 12.75 oz/19 inches boy, now 5’11”
40 weeks, 20 hours labor: 8 lb 7 oz/21.5 inches boy, now 6’ 0”
39 weeks, 24 hours labor: 8 lb 10 oz/22.5 inches boy, now 6’1” very chill midwife, epidural

I was stuck in what they call "transition" for five of them. You can see which that didn't happen with, but of course, in earlier centuries, she might have been last, and an orphan, without me being given erythromycin. The suggestion of a C-section never really arose, and most of the deliveries themselves were easy after tough labors. Now my oldest daughter is 33 weeks pregnant, and will probably be having a C-section in four weeks because of placenta previa. I know this is usually just fine, but I was born via emergency C-section on my due date because of the same problem. They nearly didn't save us. However, that was in the dark ages of 1965.

They should have at least came up with a list of baby names, maybe not name the child until he came out. I have a big thing about naming children something that they don't look like, it bugs me. Not that Spurgeon looks like a Spurgeon, I don't even know what a Spurgeon looks like. 

I spent hours choosing names for sound and meaning, but I can't say I knew they'd match them when they were born, with their little mushy faces and chubbily cheeks. :-) I suppose if it felt like a real mismatch, we'd have altered things.

I wanted to ask earlier, forgot. What is an O line, and why does it require 12 people?

2 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

I spent hours choosing names for sound and meaning, but I can't say I knew they'd match them when they were born, with their little mushy faces and chubbily cheeks. :-) I suppose if it felt like a real mismatch, we'd have altered things.

I wanted to ask earlier, forgot. What is an O line, and why does it require 12 people?

Offense line? In Football? I think. 

I thought maybe football, but that's eleven players. I don't pay a lot of attention, though.

3 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

The offensive line in football has 11 players on the field at a time. So Jessa would need another eight boys to have a full offensive line of kids because Ben obviously counts towards that total. Jessa doesn't because female and Jesus or something. :pb_rollseyes:

26 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Damn. Ain't no denying Israel is the clone of his mama there.

Same as Josie looking like toddler Michelle 2.0.

So crazy how their genetics played out. I think that could make an interesting topic. Out of the older girls I've always thought that Jana, Jessa and Joy were the most alike. As in if JB and Michelle were a normal family had had 3 kids, it wouldn't seem too strange to think Jana, Jessa and Joy were those 3. Normal spacing, similar looks. Not that I wish the other kids out of existence, but it would've been interesting to see how that family would've played out if they weren't fundie.

Jessa would've been a popular girl, likely a cheerleader. The other two? Not so sure.

Jana would have been the ultimate preppy princess, Jill all the way awkward nerdtastic. Jessa is Regina George , Jinger a quiet artsy mix of Gretchen and Karen, and Joy Anna is Rhonda Roussey all the way. 

There's about a million reasons besides famewhoring that they could be delaying the name. I'm not saying they aren't famewhoring, just that it's by far not the only explanation. I know their livelihood is based on their ability to sell themselves, but I think even the Duggars might have priorities other than satisfying the curiosity of strangers on the internet hours after giving birth. And it's seriously not that uncommon for people to take awhile to decide on a name after the baby is born. It's not like this is some uniquely shocking and disgusting thing that no one else ever does...

9 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

The offensive line in football has 11 players on the field at a time. So Jessa would need another eight boys to have a full offensive line of kids because Ben obviously counts towards that total. Jessa doesn't because female and Jesus or something. :pb_rollseyes:

Oh, a gender thing. Eight more strapping boys, like Ben. Gotcha.

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

IMG_1237.JPG

I want to know how anyone got pregnant during the early nineties concerning fashion. Male or female. I look at photos of my parents-- jean shorts, so much floral-- and wonder how anyone felt sexy.

9 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I want to know how anyone got pregnant during the early nineties concerning fashion. Male or female. I look at photos of my parents-- jean shorts, so much floral-- and wonder how anyone felt sexy.

When I got pregnant during the late 80s and early 90s, I was not wearing any clothing at all. I guess we felt pretty sexy while nude.

41 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

There's about a million reasons besides famewhoring that they could be delaying the name. I'm not saying they aren't famewhoring, just that it's by far not the only explanation. I know their livelihood is based on their ability to sell themselves, but I think even the Duggars might have priorities other than satisfying the curiosity of strangers on the internet hours after giving birth. And it's seriously not that uncommon for people to take awhile to decide on a name after the baby is born. It's not like this is some uniquely shocking and disgusting thing that no one else ever does...

I would absolutely agree with this, except that this is the same family that did the exact same thing last time before making a huge deal about coming out with just about the most outlandish name humanly possible. Milking the name thing for attention seems to be the Seewald M.O. at this point, not just a fluke with this birth. 

Well JB was the one who said how much he loved puffy sleeves when they were looking at Kleinfeld's and was very disappointed it wasn't an option .... tbh I think he's enough of a horndog that he would drool over a potato sack dress

Puffy sleeves is such a weird thing to like. Same with Jeremy and the long veil.

They're both impractical, why the love? :pb_lol: 

2 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Well JB was the one who said how much he loved puffy sleeves when they were looking at Kleinfeld's and was very disappointed it wasn't an option .... tbh I think he's enough of a horndog that he would drool over a potato sack dress

I just cringed so hard, I think I gave myself a stiff neck. 

24 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I would absolutely agree with this, except that this is the same family that did the exact same thing last time before making a huge deal about coming out with just about the most outlandish name humanly possible. Milking the name thing for attention seems to be the Seewald M.O. at this point, not just a fluke with this birth. 

Interesting. I kind of have the opposite opinion - I mean, if you struggled deciding on a name the first time around, you're more likely to struggle the second time around, too. Some people love names and have a ten-page long list before they even conceive. Other people are the complete opposite. 

I just can't help but feel like the anger directed toward them for this is a little weird. Even if they are famewhoring. Okay... we all know that their livelihood is their reality TV show and social media presence. That's not news. If they are doing this to create suspense and drive attention to their pages, they're smart. It's clearly working. The only people who have a negative reaction to it are people who actually care, and I think they have enough real fans that the negative attention is probably just gravy to them.

Whether Jessa and Ben announce their baby's name ten seconds or ten weeks after its birth has literally no negative impact on any person whatsoever. I'll judge them for indoctrinating their kids into their effed-up religious system, discouraging them from higher education, having dangerous home births with unqualified midwives, etc. - not for creating a little suspense to drum up more clicks and page views, if that's what they're even doing.

Firmly, put me in the do not give a shite what his name is. His name could literally be shite, and I still would not care.

Well to make such a big deal out of not announcing the name, it better be Balthazar or Tozer or something equally odd. Although at this point, naming the baby John would be equally entertaining.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm actually surprised Jesus wouldn't get a spot on the offensive line. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived