IGNORED

Seewalds 16 - 8 Players Short of an O-Line

choralcrusader8613

Velocibaby's birth was interesting. Only reason we went to the ER was because I was really ill - I either caught a bad stomach bug or it was labor symptoms, we still aren't sure. I had some cramping on my front abdomen, but I thought they were just Braxton-Hicks. Whoops! In my defense, I was only 34 weeks and 1 day, so I was really hoping it wasn't labor.

I was admitted around 8 at night, found out I was 4 centimeters already, got my epidural, and my membranes ruptured sometime between 1 and 2 in the morning. Started pushing after 5 and she was born just over an hour later (6:19) - 19 inches and 5 pounds exactly, which was a really good size for almost six weeks premature. My Doctors say she would have been a 9 pounder if she had stayed in the full time. 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Jessa has strong features and it looks like so far her looks overrided Ben's. 

I do agree about the JB look a likes. I've seen baby photos of both Jill and Derrick and its weird how Izzy somehow looks like both of them in my opinion. 

I was just noticing the other day how much my brother (who is literally a copy of my father in looks) also looked like a old photo of my mother's father. Genetics are so weird.

Well since we're sharing birth stories... baby girl #1 was born at 37 weeks via urgent (not technically emergency, but needed to come out) c-section. Breech, low fluid, pre-eclamptic. 7lbs 6ozs of screaming sunshine. 

Baby girl #2 was born via VBAC on her due date after 18 hours of labor with a wonderful epidural. 9lbs 5ozs of smush. I had GD.

Baby boy was born via VBAC a week early. I had cramps in my upper thighs.  Weird place for contractions.  Labor was 8 hours. Ruptured my membranes and I was 8 cm. Rushed my blessed epidural and he was born at straight up noon after 2 rounds of pushing. 8lbs 7ozs. My MIL filmed the whole thing, except she accidentally kept the camera pointed at the wall so all we really have is audio. I'm bitter, 7.5 years later.  

My birth story: My girl didn't want to come out. My due date came and went and I hadn't felt one contraction. I was induced at 41 weeks and had my water broken at noon. Contractions started coming hard and fast and by 2 pm I was begging for the epidural. I was pretty comfortable until around midnight when the epidural started to not work anymore. I had this nurse (the only one I didn't like during my stay) who kept having me roll back and forth every hour and it caused the catheter (I think that's what it was called) to come out and neither she nor the night anesthesiologist thought to check it when I said the epidural wasn't working anymore. So by 7 am I was in a lot of pain. Plus my daughter was in an awkward position and her head was positioned in a way that could have hurt her neck if I pushed her out. So I had an unplanned c-section. Luckily I had a fantastic recovery, I was walking on my own not too long after the drugs wore off and I wasn't in much pain at all. They let me go home a day earlier than most c-section moms with a prescription for pain meds that I never filled because I didn't need it. And baby girl was absolutely perfect, at 8 pounds 7 oz, and 19.75 inches. She did have a bit of a cone head for a little bit from being stuck in my pelvis for so long, but she was still the cutest baby on the floor :)

I told my husband that next time, if I go past my due date, I'm skipping induction and going straight for the c-section, if that's even an option lol.

9 hours ago, Karma said:

21 hours with my first (7lb 7 oz) and 1.5 hours after an induction with the second (he was little, 6lb 5oz).  Yes it was painful, but no more painful than the first, just a heck of a lot shorter.  I much preferred getting it over and done with!

I think the difference is that you were induced. 

Its very different when you are suddenly in very active labor at your home and have to make it to the hospital ASAP or you will be that woman who has a baby in her car on the side of the road.

1 hour ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I think Jessa has strong features and it looks like so far her looks overrided Ben's. 

I do agree about the JB look a likes. I've seen baby photos of both Jill and Derrick and its weird how Izzy somehow looks like both of them in my opinion. 

I was just noticing the other day how much my brother (who is literally a copy of my father in looks) also looked like a old photo of my mother's father. Genetics are so weird.

I look like my dad and my maternal grandma. Sorry mom! At least she got a few freckles and dimples in. Lol!

My daughter is a real mix between both sides. She's got her daddy's chin, hairline, and eye lashes (which is great because his are gorgeous.) She absolutely got her eyes and profile from me though. And her coloring is closer to mine so far - I'm fair with light brown hair and my husband has darker Italian coloring. It's going to be really cool to see how she changes as she gets older. :) 

Israel IS a Jim Boob clone. Spurge at times looks very Duggarish as well, which is why I hoped little Tozer Isaiah (heh) would look more like Ben. Seeing Boob in these little babies is just unsettling.

I wonder if Jill and Jessa will try to race again to see who can have the first girl. I think both will be beaten by Jinger. 

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I wonder if Jill and Jessa will try to race again to see who can have the first girl. I think both will be beaten by Jinger. 

Yep, I think Jinger will definitely have a girl first. Little Arabella...

16 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

My aunt wins. She got in labor at around 7 am and my cousin was born around 10 am. They barely had time to squeeze in an epidural

My mom was in labor with me for 3 hours total, and there was no chance for an epidural by the time she got to the hospital. I was 3 weeks early and just over 6 lbs. My younger brother took 5 hours at full term and was an average 7.5 lbs. I hope I inherit similar baby birthing traits from her!

My first was an induction which took 28 hours from when the membranes were ruptured (We waited a couple of hours before that for the doctor to be able to come and do all the check ups and place one of those expansion catheters at my cervix). It was very slow and not very painful until the drip was on high a couple hours before she was born. I had a bleeding from one of the tears which meant I had to go to an operating theater to be stitched up. It sucked to be separated from my baby and husband but everything turned out fine. She was 3975 g and 52 cm, born 18 days after her due date.

Second labor started on its own. I had a lot of premature labor which started over a month before I gave birth and a scare 24 days before he was born when I had some bleeding which was considered harmless and I was sent home. I really thought he would come just days later but no. I started feeling contractions at about 10 in the morning but they were no worse than the premature labor I had had for so long so I went and made some purchases and had a friend visit. I could feel contractions all the time but it was managable the whole time. At 7 in the evening I told my husband that I think it might be "for real" as they were stronger and closer together. I called the babysitter around that time to inform of what might happen tonight. At around 9.30 I called her and she offered to come even if we would not go right away. At 10.30 we came to the hospital and I was open 4 cm. I went into a tub which was great until I started having heart palpitations and both I and the midwife decided it was better for me to get out of the tub and on a monitor. I was then 9 cm and had hard contractions. At 3.03 he came out. This labor was both better and worse than the first. This time my body was doing its own thing and it didn't feel like it was forced to do anything like last time. It was much more painful though and very intense. I used gas both times and also a type of saline injections that can block pain the second time. I am so trying the injections again if there is a next time, they worked well for me. He was 4180 g and 53 cm, born 11 days after his due date. I had a first "over due checkup scheduled for the day he was born. Appearently an eviction notice was enough for him.

16 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

My aunt wins. She got in labor at around 7 am and my cousin was born around 10 am. They barely had time to squeeze in an epidural

Oh no, I had a friend who's water broke and the baby essentially fell out. Her 1st labor was 3 hours her second was 30 minutes.  She almost didn't make it to the hospital in time to have #1 baby was born before the doc got there and before they could check her in.  2nd baby she though her water broke so they rushed to the hospital, it hadn't but she was told she was at 5 cm already, since the 1st baby came so fast they kept her and broke her water to start labor, and 30 minutes later the baby was born, 2 pushes. Some women are just very lucky in the birthing department.  

My first ended in an emergency c-section after a very normal labor. After that I was bound and determined to see if I could have a baby naturally. My next two were born via VBAC. No issues, just lots of hard work. ;)

That is why I feel like Jilly Muffin could go on to still have quite a few babies. VBACS can happen, even if your first was delivered via c-section. I guess time will tell. If she has another C-section, I'm guessing only 1-2 more. I believe (if my brain can remember my research after my first born), I think most doctors are comfortable with 4 recurrent c-sections. With 4 pushing it. (obviously though doctors aren't going to deny a women a c-section if she comes to the hospital no matter how many she has had).

4 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Eeeehrm NO! I think Israel looks like Derick as a baby (they showed a video or pictures once) and toddler 100%. Israel takes after his father completely. I don't see JB in him at all. 

Israel is 100% Jill (who looks just like Jim Boob).

2D274905891056-2D11749740-duggars4kids.today-inline-large2x.jpgScreen Shot 2017-02-07 at 7.53.01 AM.png

Dang, these Duggar girls have big babies. You don't realize just how big an 8lb 11oz newborn is until you see one!  

My first baby was 10lbs 6oz (she was 11 days overdue when I was induced). It was 15 hours of horrendous back labor. She looked small until I went to the nursery to get her (she was born 22 years ago I had her in a delivery room and they kept her in the nursery). She literally tore me up (internally I was torn really, really badly). I waited 7 years to have another baby. He was 7lbs 8oz and I was induced 1 day after my due date (I had him in a delivery suite and kept him in the room for him). He looked tiny to me until I took him to get his pictures taken and there was a 5lb baby. [emoji23] I had a quicker and easier labor (8 hours). I'm here to tell you too 3lbs difference is a huge difference.

10 years after she was born I ended up having to have a hysterectomy (prolapsed uterus, TMI it was falling out of me) partially due to the damage from my first delivery. Good times! [emoji50]

ETA both babies were natural - no epidurals.

17 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Israel is 100% Jill (who looks just like Jim Boob).

2D274905891056-2D11749740-duggars4kids.today-inline-large2x.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 7.53.01 AM.png

My goodness, those pictures make it look like she reproduced Israel asexually. 

Izzy looks exactly like Jill, and she does look like JimBoob. Although I see more resemblance between Spurgey and JimBoob.

My mom had two short deliveries. I was born at 42 weeks after a 2 hours labor, and I was 5lbs so I was a small baby, Mom says it was like pooping, super easy lol... But my sister was a 20 minutes labor, 10 pounds chunky baby and my poor mother almost died on the delivery, apparently she wasn't supposed to have a vaginal birth but they made her have one and everything ended up with my mother having an emergency hysterectomy at 28 years old.

Jim Bob has some STRONG genes. In each daughter, I can see a little of him. Israel looks a lot like Jim Bob. I know that some people don't see it, but I honestly do. I see a bit of JB in Spurgeon, but more of Jessa's features. 

I think that Jessa and Ben have a name, but they're holding out for attention. We'll probably hear about it in a video like with Spurgeon's birth or she'll announce it through her Instagram. Either way, I know I'll be here on FJ to either feel bad about it or thank goodness the Seewalds settled on something relatively normal.

Apparently my cousin was born in just four hours, and needed both forceps and a ventouse. My aunt was then induced with her next child, partly because of this fast birth.

12 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

My goodness, those pictures make it look like she reproduced Israel asexually. 

LIke she even knows what mitosis is :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Yep, I think Jinger will definitely have a girl first. Little Arabella...

I'm saying Evangeline/a. 

I knew a woman who had three kids. She never made it to the hospital for any of them. One was born on the toilet and the other two in bed. She said she never felt a contraction and basically just woke up and had the babies.  She just thought she had to go to the bathroom with the one. Luckily, her husband was there to catch all of them.

Jill and Derick are one of those couples that, IMO, look like they could be siblings. Similar long faces, gummy smiles, sort of lidded eyes. As a result Izzy somehow looks like a clone of both of them.

Jessa's strong features appear to be overpowering Ben's. Now if only Jessa's will could over power Ben's and tell him to stick his sideways hats and horrible baby name choices where the sun don't shine. (Until proven otherwise I'm still convinced that Spurgeon's name is completely Ben's fault).

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived