IGNORED

Seewalds 16 - 8 Players Short of an O-Line

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

The offensive line in football has 11 players on the field at a time. So Jessa would need another eight boys to have a full offensive line of kids because Ben obviously counts towards that total. Jessa doesn't because female and Jesus or something. :pb_rollseyes:

Yup.  The theory was that Bin would be the QB - the "fearless leader" - calling all the plays and directing their offense.  Jessa will be the watergirl on the sideline, just like at his "bachelor party" because gurls cankt play sportz.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brain keeps seeing this thread title as 8 players short of a conga line. I have no idea why. :banana-dance:

1 minute ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I'm actually surprised Jesus wouldn't get a spot on the offensive line. 

Jesus is clearly in Bin's headset.

3 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

He's definitely got Derick's right eye.

I think Izzy has Derick's nose, ears, and yes, right eye and the rest is pure Jill. I do think Izzy looks a lot like Derick's dad though.

I think he blends in with every other tow headed little Duggar boy. Real talk All those boys just blend into mass of dirty  blonde  hair and nondescript features

21 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I wonder if they're really undecided for the name, or if they're just milking the spotlight.

they are absolutely milking the spotlight

any name they pick HAS GOT TO BE better than spurgeon --poor little spud 

I'm finding it kind of funny that people are getting so bent out of shape that a name hasn't been announced for a kid that was born  - yesterday.

Maybe Jessa's fighting the good fight again to give this child some non-weird name.

There are plenty of people who fight over baby names, it's not always something that is agreed on. I know a couple who the wife thought that they were going to name their daughter some cute, trendy name and the husband wanted to give their daughter the name of his grandma. It was the Cold War for two weeks, until she backed down and realized why it was so important to him. 

my mom was in labor with me for 29 hours (1980) --i still apologize to her for this. She had gotten to the hospital right away -they did the enema and all that

so with my brother 18 months later, she waited until the absolute last second to go b/c she had to shave her legs (lol) she got there just in time and had my brother in the hallway--didn't even make it to the delivery room

Yeah, my totally normal, non Fundie parents couldn't agree on my middle name for 3 days. My Mom wanted Ruth, after her Grandmother, and my Dad wanted Augusta, because he is a golfer. Finally, my Mom was watching General Hospital in her room while recovering from her C-section and they both liked the name of a character in the show. It is a horrible, stereotypical 80s name that I dropped from my legal name when I got married. :my_shy:

3 hours ago, mightybisme said:

My first baby was 10lbs 6oz (she was 11 days overdue when I was induced). It was 15 hours of horrendous back labor. She looked small until I went to the nursery to get her (she was born 22 years ago I had her in a delivery room and they kept her in the nursery). She literally tore me up (internally I was torn really, really badly). I waited 7 years to have another baby. He was 7lbs 8oz and I was induced 1 day after my due date (I had him in a delivery suite and kept him in the room for him). He looked tiny to me until I took him to get his pictures taken and there was a 5lb baby. emoji23.png I had a quicker and easier labor (8 hours). I'm here to tell you too 3lbs difference is a huge difference.

10 years after she was born I ended up having to have a hysterectomy (prolapsed uterus, TMI it was falling out of me) partially due to the damage from my first delivery. Good times! emoji50.png

ETA both babies were natural - no epidurals.

@mightybisme-my first born was only 5lbs5oz (1week early, low amnio fluid, etc). The baby next to her in the nursery was 10 pounds. The nurses called them "peanut" and "bruiser". My second was 9 lbs. He was literally sucking the life out of me... Hypoglycemic, low iron, could barely walk at the end due to ligament/back issues. I was done after him! 

Dad wanted to name me Treasure or Genesis. Mom said no to her daughter having a horses name and Genesis was just going to up Jenny anyway. She liked Elaine but then she thought people would think her conceited because her name is Helen. I would have liked it though :) 

I come back after a day and half and low and behold Jessa had her "nameless" baby. Maybe they can give it that name :) Nameless Seewald. Nameless the brother of Suprge :giggle: The bible has may siblings of people not named so it isn't like they are breaking a tradtion

I think the reason for the "no name" announcement is control. It's Jessa's way of exerting and maintaining control over her circumstances. We saw it with the first kiss, the sex of both babies being kept a secret, as well as the names. These people have nothing do except sit around and think of names for their quiver. Seriously. They have a name or two picked out. 

I'm just curious, have the Duggars ever used a baby name that's been suggested on FJ? Or would their pride not permit it because we are all a bunch of heathens to them? :pb_lol: 

I'm just curious, have the Duggars ever used a baby name that's been suggested on FJ? Or would their pride not permit it because we are all a bunch of heathens to them? :pb_lol: 

I'm pretty sure someone guessed Meredith for the last Smuganna birth

1 minute ago, Mela99 said:

I'm pretty sure someone guessed Meredith for the last Smuganna birth

Pretty much half of FJ did. It was an easy guess

I'm pretty sure Madison was also suggested for that poll :P

I think that may have to come off the list for any of Meredith's little sisters...

8 minutes ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

One person guessed Spurgeon for his baby pool, IIRC.

23 minutes ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

I mean clearly some of the names on this baby pool are just plain ridiculous! However, some of them are legitimate and may be used. I could easily see Luther or Calvin being a name that Jessa and Ben would use. They may actually use Tozer as well, I have no idea what would be a cut off for these two. 

I don't know if it's been mentioned but someone over at Pickles said his name is Ledger.... not sure what the source was.  Probably the person's posting guess.  Who knows.  I'm mad I've spent time wondering. 

1 minute ago, Incognito22 said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned but someone over at Pickles said his name is Ledger.... not sure what the source was.  Probably the person's posting guess.  Who knows.  I'm mad I've spent time wondering. 

This would crack me up because all I can think of with that name is Heath Ledger and I can't imagine any of his movies were Duggar-approved.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived