IGNORED

Seewalds 16 - 8 Players Short of an O-Line

choralcrusader8613

49 minutes ago, twinmama said:

My nether bits just shivered in fear reading this. :):) 

Mine wince every time I think about it. 

NEVER AGAIN. My uterus is retired.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I looked at the background before even looking at the baby and thought the same thing. Definitely a home birth. I'm glad it went well. But it does scare me to think that someone like Jill probably sees it as a sign that a home birth will be fine for her.

"Anything Jessa can do Jill can do better!"

36 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Nickname Bunny! :P Spurgie and Bunny! 

I chose Bunyan as my guess and thought Spurgie and Bunny went well together!

8lb 11 ounces/3.9kg is around the 70th percentile for birth weights at 41 weeks, so it's a pretty average sized baby for that gestation.  Spurgeon was bigger, but this guy's average.  Not a big baby! My pet hate is people saying babies are big/small when they aren't because we seem to have a really weird idea about how big a baby should be or an average baby really is.

2 minutes ago, jozina said:

8lb 11 ounces/3.9kg is around the 70th percentile for birth weights at 41 weeks, so it's a pretty average sized baby for that gestation.  Spurgeon was bigger, but this guy's average.  Not a big baby! My pet hate is people saying babies are big/small when they aren't because we seem to have a really weird idea about how big a baby should be or an average baby really is.

70th percentile is heavier than average, although not that much. 

And im pretty sure 21.5 inches is longer than average. 

I'm only here to find out what completely FUBAR name they give this one.

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

#1 was 22 inches! Too long for the NICU bassinets. He is now 6ft 6ins.

The Seewald boys are going to be tall lads me thinks.

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

And we don't know what lurks beneath the surface of all the rest of them. Jeremy makes my eye twitch. 

In that latest posted photo, Jeremy looks pissed off.

He is more articulate than the rest, but beyond that,  to date, he's no better than any of the rest of them.

4 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Their heights as newborns doesn't really tell anything. I was born at 34 weeks 21 inches, and now I'm a grand 4'10" ;)

As a former long term Nicu nurse, infant lengths are notoriously inaccurate. If I had 10 dollars for every baby that I measured on a Monday, only to find that the baby had shrunk, I'd be a millionaire.

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

My third was 94 minutes start to finish...they broke my water at 6 and he was born at 7:34pm. 7lbs, 4oz and a 14.5 inch head...all "natural". Doc gave me the option of going home or AROM. I chose AROM I was sick of the hyperactive little asshole playing soccer, doing jumping jacks and MMA inside me. 

I'm gonna add into this..oldest was a week early, went to the hospital mostly out of fear, not pain.  Born 40 mins after arriving.  9 lbs no drugs.  Second was 2 weeks late so induced.  Within 5 hours I had a bouncing 10 lb baby.  Again, no drugs.  I may have been made to have babies, thank goodness I don't belong to the Dugger cult! ;)   

1 minute ago, xlurker said:

I'm gonna add into this..oldest was a week early, went to the hospital mostly out of fear, not pain.  Born 40 mins after arriving.  9 lbs no drugs.  Second was 2 weeks late so induced.  Within 5 hours I had a bouncing 10 lb baby.  Again, no drugs.  I may have been made to have babies, thank goodness I don't belong to the Dugger cult! ;)   

1st baby was about a 4 hour labor. 2nd baby was about 3 hours. 3rd baby, 94 minutes. My OB told me that if I got pregnant again, I might as well plan for an unattended homebirth. All three times I had to have been in labor long before I went to the hospital...I remember with my 2nd, when I got to the hospital (and thought it would be a false alarm) I was 5cm, 100% and contracting every 4 minutes. Yeah, I coulda been a Duggar too...I got them birthin' hips. 

This baby sure does look alot like Spurgeon, at birth! Regardless - the boy's truly adorable & I'm happy everything went well. :) I now anticipate the "unique" & "holy" name Jessa and Ben shall give him.

(just please let it be a tiny bit better than Spurge!)

With #2, I had no inkling of labor until I was getting ready for bed one night and my water broke at 10 pm. Baby was born at 11:30. We barely made it to the hospital, no epidural (sob!), my contractions were so strong I thought my body was being ripped in half, I honestly thought I was dying. It was horrible. I had PTSD for quite a while after that one... She was my smallest at 9 lb 5 oz. My other deliveries were perfectly fine.

Re: the name guess list - my guess is inaccurate: I guessed Tozer Benjamin James for a boy, not Tozer Benjamin - the BJ is important!! lol

But you can also mark me down for Benjamin Flame if you'd like. Or Tozer Flame.

1 hour ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

I'd feel even sorrier for Spurgeon if his brother gets a normal name. Imagine going through life with a moniker like Spurgeon Seewald when your brother is called Andrew or Christopher or Timothy.

One saving grace is he has Elliot to fall back on. They could've named him Spurgeon Tozer Seewald and then what would he do?!

2 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

My mom had me with no epidural and apparently I was almost ten pounds. She said she watched what she ate with my brother and he was smaller-- I think 7 or 8. I didn't know pregnancy weight watching was a thing. Is it, moms? 

Calories and Carbs, yes. Weight, no. I had Gestational Diabetes and had to follow a really pain in the ass diet, with the end result being very little weight gain and a 6lb 15 oz baby.

Since I love birth stories, I'll toss mine in. I was determined to stay at work until the last minute so that my maternity leave would extend past New Years. Went to work one day past my due date. At 3:30 my water broke in dramatic fashion in the office. Never felt a contraction until about 7:00 when back labor hit hard. Epidurals kick ass. Baby came out after less than 5 minutes of pushing at 10:17. Definitely lucked out for a first birth. 

12 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Calories and Carbs, yes. Weight, no. I had Gestational Diabetes and had to follow a really pain in the ass diet, with the end result being very little weight gain and a 6lb 15 oz baby.

Since I love birth stories, I'll toss mine in. I was determined to stay at work until the last minute so that my maternity leave would extend past New Years. Went to work one day past my due date. At 3:30 my water broke in dramatic fashion in the office. Never felt a contraction until about 7:00 when back labor hit hard. Epidurals kick ass. Baby came out after less than 5 minutes of pushing at 10:17. Definitely lucked out for a first birth. 

I had an aversion to sugar and even carbs when I was pregnant so I always commiserated with the gals on a gestational diabetic diet. I didn't need to count carbs or sugar since I often would just barf it up since they didn't seem to agree with me! So I ate a lot of proteins like dairy and chicken. 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Nickname Bunny! :P Spurgie and Bunny! 

This sounds like a Disney channel buddy comedy :lol:

I'm not one to compliment non-family member/friend newborns, but he has gorgeous little lips. And I honestly think there's a Jim Bob-ish look to him...

1 hour ago, snickerz said:

With #2, I had no inkling of labor until I was getting ready for bed one night and my water broke at 10 pm. Baby was born at 11:30. We barely made it to the hospital, no epidural (sob!), my contractions were so strong I thought my body was being ripped in half, I honestly thought I was dying. It was horrible. I had PTSD for quite a while after that one... She was my smallest at 9 lb 5 oz. My other deliveries were perfectly fine.

Extremely fast labors really are traumatic. And so very painful. I had a very long labor and a very short labor like yours and I would take the very long labor thank you very much.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Still a colloquially average sized baby even if it isn't the median weight, rather like a woman who is 5 foot 5 inches in the US isn't tall just because the median height for a woman is 5 foot 4 inches.  Baby weights are so similar in the interquartile ranges and they're such little things that the difference in 70th and 50th percentile is small.  It's only about 6 oz difference.  That can be nearly nothing - if a baby has not passed meconium or urine immediately after birth or they followed delayed cord clamping then there's most of that difference. 

Oh boy yes on the infant lengths being inaccurate!!  I've had a mother come into emergency with her 1 week old who had "shrunk" in length since the birth.  She didn't believe the GP saying it was likely due to it being measured incorrectly at birth.  Poor thing.  21.5 inches is above the 95th percentile but they are so inaccurate that who knows.

20 minutes ago, season of life said:

Seewald #2 is cute. He honestly looks like Spurgeon when he was born. 

I think so too! It will be interesting to see if he looks a lot like Spurgeon as he gets older. All newborns kinda look like little old men but doesn't mean they're not squishy and cute! I personally looked like a grumpy old man, I wanted to go back. :P 

Now we get to wait it out while Jessa gets her moment in the spotlight before giving out the name. Oh little Patriot Chicken Netti Seewald we are waiting.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived