IGNORED

Seewalds 16 - 8 Players Short of an O-Line

choralcrusader8613

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I had two in diapers for 18 months. It was horrible. And they are both shit sleepers. 

It looks like Spurgeon II may be a blondie.

Haha. At first I thought you meant they shit in their sleep. Or is that what you meant?!

I had 2 in diapers for 3 solid years. (3 kids each 2 years apart, so there was overlap) It was shitty. 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mrs. Figg said:

Haha. At first I thought you meant they shit in their sleep. Or is that what you meant?!

I had 2 in diapers for 3 solid years. (3 kids each 2 years apart, so there was overlap) It was shitty. 

Lol! No they slept like shit ;-)

They still kinda do :-(

39 minutes ago, Mrs. Figg said:

I had two in diapers from day 1 until a month after they turned 4. lol Four years straight, I just kept telling myself once they finally potty trained, I'd be done with diapers forever. Edited to add that when planning I always said I wouldn't have a second kid til the first was out of diapers, but of course I had twins and that's impossible so it really wasn't that bad. Diapers are really freaking convenient, taking two potty training toddlers out is another situation all together! So for me, two in diapers was no big deal, two potty training at the same time was AWFULAWFULAWFUL!!!

3 hours ago, hollywood said:

Looks the same as spurgeon to me. 

Looks like almost every other newborn ever to me. I don't know how people tell them apart and I've had them!

There's no way Baby #2 can have a worst name than Spurgeon, right? :pb_lol: Why couldn't they have named him Elliot Spurgeon? Ben's new boss(or whatever) Scott Brown knows a thing or two about weird names, maybe he'll warn the Seewalds.

Btw, I like the Hudson Eric guess.

I'm glad things went well for Jessa this time. I think she's going to drag out the speculation for the name, for a few days. She has to have her moment. I call BS on them not having a name already picked out. They've known it was a boy for months. I hope he gets a normal name. But when your brother is named Spurgeon, I guess something normal is out of the question. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My second baby was born in less than two hours after the first contraction. I actually didn't think we would make it to the hospital. And he was 9lbs no epidural. 

Traumatic to say the least.

My nether bits just shivered in fear reading this. :):) 

My mom had me with no epidural and apparently I was almost ten pounds. She said she watched what she ate with my brother and he was smaller-- I think 7 or 8. I didn't know pregnancy weight watching was a thing. Is it, moms? 

3 minutes ago, Kira said:

There's no way Baby #2 can have a worst name than Spurgeon, right? :pb_lol: Why couldn't they have named him Elliot Spurgeon? Ben's new boss(or whatever) Scott Brown knows a thing or two about weird names, maybe he'll warn the Seewalds.

Btw, I like the Hudson Eric guess.

I remember seeing a poster on a different thread with the names of people who were influential to Baptists. He could be called Bunyan! That would go well with Spurgeon.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My second baby was born in less than two hours after the first contraction. I actually didn't think we would make it to the hospital. And he was 9lbs no epidural. 

Traumatic to say the least.

My third was 94 minutes start to finish...they broke my water at 6 and he was born at 7:34pm. 7lbs, 4oz and a 14.5 inch head...all "natural". Doc gave me the option of going home or AROM. I chose AROM I was sick of the hyperactive little asshole playing soccer, doing jumping jacks and MMA inside me. 

My former co-worker went into labour, so her husband dropped her off at the doorway to the emergency room at their hospital, went to park the car and when he got back the nurses were all "It's a girl"!  

I had two in diapers for years!!!  3 kids in 5 years and the middle one is autistic.  He was in diapers for 10 years.   I kinda got numb to it.  Lol

1 minute ago, Audrey2 said:

I remember seeing a poster on a different thread with the names of people who were influential to Baptists. He could be called Bunyan! That would go well with Spurgeon.

:my_cry:

20 minutes ago, twinmama said:

Diapers are really freaking convenient, taking two potty training toddlers out is another situation all together! So for me, two in diapers was no big deal, two potty training at the same time was AWFULAWFULAWFUL!!!

So true.  I actually gave up trying to train both my girls at the same time and only actively worked with the one that showed more interest.  It took another full year for her sister to care enough.  It was bad enough having one mostly reliable toddler and one completely unreliable when we were out.  More than once we'd get on the highway and someone would announce they had to go potty.  

3 minutes ago, geergirl said:

So true.  I actually gave up trying to train both my girls at the same time and only actively worked with the one that showed more interest.  It took another full year for her sister to care enough.  It was bad enough having one mostly reliable toddler and one completely unreliable when we were out.  More than once we'd get on the highway and someone would announce they had to go potty.  

I tried and tried when my boys were 3 and we spent an entire month in undies in the house with them peeing and pooping in their undies. I finally realized it should not be that hard and they clearly weren't ready despite being over 3 years old. I gave up, put them in diapers, and waited until after they turned 4 (gave them opportunities but they never wanted to try so I didn't push it). After they were 4, we put them in undies one day and it clicked, that day!!! One even night trained that night, amazingly. The other is still in a pull up at night, a year later haha 

I think because I waited SO long, I never had to deal with the kids saying they had to go while we were out and about. By 4, they could just hold it until we got wherever we were going.

My only potty training advice I ever give is wait til they're ready. When they are really really ready, it's super easy. It is a complete NIGHTMARE if they aren't ready and you are pushing it. 

13 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

All I can think off is "Bunion"! 

13 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Nickname Bunny! :P Spurgie and Bunny! 

14 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

My former co-worker went into labour, so her husband dropped her off at the doorway to the emergency room at their hospital, went to park the car and when he got back the nurses were all "It's a girl"!  

OMG, that is hilarious. Sad to miss the birth but fun to have a hysterical story like that!

16 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

My mom had me with no epidural and apparently I was almost ten pounds. She said she watched what she ate with my brother and he was smaller-- I think 7 or 8. I didn't know pregnancy weight watching was a thing. Is it, moms? 

For me, 5 years ago and carrying twins, my doctor wanted me to gain 24 pounds by 24 weeks. I did, just barely. My aunt 40+ years ago was told to only gain 2 pounds!!! She did it somehow, baby was full term so I have no fucking idea how, but they were both healthy somehow.

3 minutes ago, twinmama said:

I tried and tried when my boys were 3 and we spent an entire month in undies in the house with them peeing and pooping in their undies. I finally realized it should not be that hard and they clearly weren't ready despite being over 3 years old. I gave up, put them in diapers, and waited until after they turned 4 (gave them opportunities but they never wanted to try so I didn't push it). After they were 4, we put them in undies one day and it clicked, that day!!! One even night trained that night, amazingly. The other is still in a pull up at night, a year later haha 

I think because I waited SO long, I never had to deal with the kids saying they had to go while we were out and about. By 4, they could just hold it until we got wherever we were going.

My only potty training advice I ever give is wait til they're ready. When they are really really ready, it's super easy. It is a complete NIGHTMARE if they aren't ready and you are pushing it. 

this made my day :) and I applaud your patience 

58 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

For a name, I'll guess Hudson Eric Seewald. Eric Liddell seems like someone Ben would be into.

It would be so unfair if they went with "Hudson" (that guy's middle name) for this baby when Charles Spurgeon's middle name was "Haddon." 

10 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

@twinmama that's crazy, a pound a week! 

My mom has disordered eating habits which is why I wondered when she told me she watched her weight with my brother.

I didn't even start gaining until like 12 or more weeks, so it was more than that for a bit! Two babies need a lot of calories I guess. I had them at 29 weeks but toward the end, I couldn't even eat enough because I felt like I physically didn't have room for food inside me. I resorted to drinking a lot of milkshakes and smoothies. Need calories and protein? Peanut butter milkshake with  whole milk! It was ridiculous.

Anyway, the info is from the APA page about weight gain during multiple pregnancy, apparently 24 by 24 lowers risk of preterm labor: http://americanpregnancy.org/multiples/weight-gain-with-multiples/

One's birthmother had all back labor. She said she really only thought  she'd overextended herself moving things around her apartment. Ate pizza, went to bed around midnight, awakened needing to push and realized what was going on. From the time she hit the ER door until One was delivered was eight minutes. We got the call as soon as she could unclench her hand, which had our phone number in it.. 5:56 am. Thirty eight weeks.

33 minutes ago, ljohnson2006 said:

I'm glad things went well for Jessa this time. I think she's going to drag out the speculation for the name, for a few days. She has to have her moment. I call BS on them not having a name already picked out. They've known it was a boy for months. I hope he gets a normal name. But when your brother is named Spurgeon, I guess something normal is out of the question. 

I'd feel even sorrier for Spurgeon if his brother gets a normal name. Imagine going through life with a moniker like Spurgeon Seewald when your brother is called Andrew or Christopher or Timothy.

4 hours ago, nst said:

i saw that pic earlier and if she was at a superbowl party at what 3pm.  She must have been in labour just hiding it? 

she goes into labout like what 8 pm and delivers at 4:30am that is still 9 hours of labour - seems long to me. 

9 hours of labor is actually on the shorter side, probably. I've known tons of people in labor for days. There are different stages of labor though.

3 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Oh, poor thing, looks at that head. It seems like it has been a rough birth

I thought his head actually looked nice and round.

3 hours ago, twoanddone said:

Looks like a home dresser in the corner. I'm going with homebirth.

I looked at the background before even looking at the baby and thought the same thing. Definitely a home birth. I'm glad it went well. But it does scare me to think that someone like Jill probably sees it as a sign that a home birth will be fine for her.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived