IGNORED

Tori Bates' courtship- Part 3 Now Engaged - September 2017

samurai_sarah

41 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

Hehehe they have a lot of Ellen DeGeneres branded products on that. I'm going to guess they've got no clue who Ellen is, but really love the words "Faith" and "Love" written on everything.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that is their registry, they must not be planning to stay in the camper very long because there's a lot of stuff on that registry that isn't going to be very rv friendly!

LMAO at all the ED products!

1 hour ago, llg1234 said:

Kelly Jo confirmed Tori and Bobby's wedding is on December 16th on the Bates' latest Instagram post.

Here you go:

17F88C1E-C83E-4B92-8D39-0EA3BF27AD8E.thumb.png.f58c1a945a5fa3808721e3fab9cefd3b.png

Spoiler

DF191E66-28FA-4739-A99E-A48FE0916A9D.thumb.png.afefc625e951d96891d71e3a83721f17.png

12 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Kelly Jo confirmed Tori and Bobby's wedding is on December 16th on the Bates' latest Instagram post.

Wow, instead of getting married in May she’ll probably be pregnant instead. 

I am lol so hard that they registered for a carpet toilet seat cover and Ellen Degeneres inspirational bath accessories. Aren’t they afraid those will make them gay?

While we are on the topic of he ED shower curtain I have to point out that it’s $49.99, wtf that seems insanely overpriced for a shower curtain to me. I’m not even a cheap person but holy wow $50 for a shower curtain is nuts.

Just sayin. :in_my_humble_opinion:

$50 for a shower curtain... damn, Ellen. I had no idea she transitioned to housewares. I'd never buy it for myself, but I'd chip in for the fundies to have it. Then wait for them to show it on social media and thank them for being such LGBTQ+ allies. And laugh and laugh as they immediately have to redecorate.

17 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

I am lol so hard that they registered for a carpet toilet seat cover and Ellen Degeneres inspirational bath accessories. Aren’t they afraid those will make them gay?

I might be more shocked about the toilet seat covers. Where I am from you only see them with people 75+. Is that still a thing?

15 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm shocked they don't know who Ellen is to be honest. :pb_lol: I thought everyone did. 

I think they do know. But I am sure there is enough fundie logic to justify buying her line. 

When Erin got married, she registered for a toilet seat cover and the rug that goes around the toilet. A ton of people on here were like “that’s only for older people!” I️ had both on my toilet :pb_lol: I️ didn’t know that they had gone out of style! My toilet is now naked. 

I will always have the cover on the lid of the toilet, out of style or not. We close the lid after use and I like that the cover muffles the sound. I hate the sound otherwise. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. 

On 11/18/2017 at 9:15 PM, J'Lurker said:

$50 for a shower curtain... damn, Ellen. I had no idea she transitioned to housewares. I'd never buy it for myself, but I'd chip in for the fundies to have it. Then wait for them to show it on social media and thank them for being such LGBTQ+ allies. And laugh and laugh as they immediately have to redecorate.

She has a line of furniture with her name on it, too! ETA: It was at Thomasville.  I know I’ve seen it. Kind of mid century looking stuff. 

I grew up with carpeted bathrooms with toilet covers AND bath mats on top of the carpet. I'm so traumatized by it all that I barely allow a bath mat in our bathroom. 

I think it would be smart for Tori to have her shower this weekend. If some of her families members are traveling to TN for thanksgiving, she may as well hAve her shower on Friday or Saturday. 

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it would be smart for Tori to have her shower this weekend. If some of her families members are traveling to TN for thanksgiving, she may as well hAve her shower on Friday or Saturday. 

I think the family spends their Thanksgivings in SC with Papa Bill and Mama Jane (saying that was weird). You're right. It would be smart for the shower to be this weekend. The grandparents' house is only three hours away from the Bates.

On 11/19/2017 at 8:19 AM, Kailash said:

I will always have the cover on the lid of the toilet, out of style or not. We close the lid after use and I like that the cover muffles the sound. I hate the sound otherwise. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. 

This! That noise scares my ASD daughter, who already struggles with all things potty. Eeeek! Now I'm thinking of getting one... Like my grandma 

There are people who don’t have toilet seats with lids?! What do you do when you need to sit on the toilet (other than to use it)?!

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

There are people who don’t have toilet seats with lids?! What do you do when you need to sit on the toilet (other than to use it)?!

I thought we were talking about lid covers? How did I miss this?

I was just reminded of the time when I first try to use the bathroom in the dark (at like age 6) and fell in cause the lid was up.

5 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

What people are referring to is the carpet looking thing that you can put on the lid for decoration.  I personally do not like them . I just imagine it as a place for germs to hide and the last thing I need is another thing to wash. We use one simple bath mat per bathroom and that is only so I don't have to worry about people slipping while getting out of the shower. 

On 11/23/2017 at 4:55 PM, Nikedagain? said:

This! That noise scares my ASD daughter, who already struggles with all things potty. Eeeek! Now I'm thinking of getting one... Like my grandma 

We bought a slow-close lid at Home Depot when my daughter was potty training so we wouldn't have to worry about pinched fingers. It closes really softly. It's a more expensive option than a cover though but It's less "old lady" lol, and one less thing to wash!

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Bath-Toilets-Toilet-Seats-Bidets-Toilet-Seats/Child/N-5yc1vZceq5Z1z0m63u

You can take the child seat insert out if you don't need it.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Tori is getting married on the 16th. I haven't watched the last couple of seasons of BuB (because boooring), but I might tune in for the wedding for some snarking :my_biggrin: 

From Lilli and Ellie's blog:

The couple will have 10 bridesmaids and 10 groomsmen, and the theme is winter wonderland. Their decor is white, silver, and "dusty purple." We have seen the shade of purple that Tori has chosen, and it's absolutely gorgeous.

Tori's maid of honor is Carlin, and her matron of honor is Erin. Bobby's best man is Kelton Balka, Josie's boyfriend.

This is me bec, but I think Tori's a naturally very beautiful woman and she's wearing too much make-up in this picture.

This is really interesting to me. Am I misremembering, or was Tori super-close with Alyssa growing up? I believe Tori was Alyssa's MOH too? I mean, Alyssa has been gone for a while, so it's certainly possible that Tori feels closer to some of her other sisters now. But I still find it curious that she doesn't at least have her as matron of honor instead of Erin.

4 hours ago, DillyDally said:

So, Tori is getting married on the 16th. I haven't watched the last couple of seasons of BuB (because boooring), but I might tune in for the wedding for some snarking :my_biggrin: 

From Lilli and Ellie's blog:

The couple will have 10 bridesmaids and 10 groomsmen, and the theme is winter wonderland. Their decor is white, silver, and "dusty purple." We have seen the shade of purple that Tori has chosen, and it's absolutely gorgeous.

Tori's maid of honor is Carlin, and her matron of honor is Erin. Bobby's best man is Kelton Balka, Josie's boyfriend.

This is me bec, but I think Tori's a naturally very beautiful woman and she's wearing too much make-up in this picture.

Tori looks gorgeous (but so do all the Bates women, even Kelly Joy, each in their unique way)! And I can't judge her for wearing too much make up, I'm probably doing that all the time. Gil and Tori very much look alike in this picture. Especially their noises are quite similar. I never realized that before.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived