IGNORED

Tori Bates' courtship- Part 3 Now Engaged - September 2017

samurai_sarah

The Lily and Ellie Bates blog says the colours are white, silver and “a beautiful shade of purple”. One or other has seen the shade and says it’s beautiful.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@devonnakillin on Instagram is a really good college friend of Tori’s and she just posted a pic on her insta story with Abby Paine and Evan’s sister. Abby and Devonna are wearing the bridesmaids dresses I think. They look nice but not spectacular (to me)

pic: 

Spoiler

09308D89-0B72-4CF3-9C1C-7E787B4CD1CE.thumb.png.85ed1f5efaeba7c5ae53aa75606c9ad8.png

From what we can see they remind me of Jinger's bridesmaid dresses. I used a similar color in my wedding, it's pretty and hopefully looks nice on everybody!

(Blurry) pics from the ceremony! (Found these on the tagged pictures of the Bates insta account, no idea of the original source though)

Spoiler

F3E1630A-B68A-4579-BF00-D29FA9047E2B.jpeg.1c287dc8d976c070b2b9639631e9a984.jpeg

Spoiler

042768FD-E25E-44FA-B38E-B5B78B3190B7.jpeg.459831cfb0658f39d65b8de330dfed02.jpeg

4 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Trace posted an IG story and you can see he and Bobby dressed in their wedding attire. I tried posting it but my phone is experiencing FJ technical issues. Just thought I'd let you guys know in case somebody wants to check it out/share it.

And for the BEC record, I'm not a fan of the ties that the wedding party is wearing. They remind me of those 80s laser style backgrounds that you'd see in yearbook photos. :my_blush:

He said that he was setting up for the rehearsal dinner so maybe that's why there was a lack of chairs.

3 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I've noticed that too. Around here (DC metro area where big weddings are common and often de rigueur for people in politics or other professions), it's because the prices for weddings have sky rocketed and it's a way to save some money on the location as well as the vendors. 

Also, a lot of popular venues are booked two years out, so if you have your heart set on getting married at a certain in demand mansion or church, choosing a winter date may be a compromise so the engagement isn't ridiculously long. 

I actually really like winter weddings, and a lot of the decorative options that come with them. (And I also liked Joy's dress and don't get what everyone hates about it. Then again, I love three-quarter sleeves.)

I put my crazy Instagram hashtag stalking skills to work, and this is all I could come up with for Tori and Bobby's wedding. 

25012760_1585836158129116_852122048397312000_n.jpg

25005198_508214016202433_6696009277531750400_n.jpg

They do look like those 80s laser style backgrounds!

People has some wedding details (but no pics): https://www.google.com/amp/people.com/tv/bringing-up-bates-tori-bates-marries-bobby-smith/amp/

- All the Duggars except Jinger were there.

- Tori walked down the aisle to "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri, which struck me as odd.

- Gil was the officiant.

- Lawson sang an original song.

- Ms. Renee "designed" the dress and Tori borrowed parts from a few different dresses.

So far looks like the prettiest Bates wedding yet, with the prettiest dress (lace sleeves and an updo!) and decor. Major upgrade from the plain church stadiums and Frankenstein modesty dresses. You can really see how these families weddings are getting nicer, seeing how far we've come from Anna to Jill to Joy, and Erin to Tori. 

But damn am I getting sick of these identical long lace sleeve dresses that Jinger, Kendra, and now Tori are all using.

7 minutes ago, freethemall said:

So far looks like the prettiest Bates wedding yet, with the prettiest dress (lace sleeves and an updo!) and decor. Major upgrade from the plain church stadiums and Frankenstein modesty dresses. You can really see how these families weddings are getting nicer, seeing how far we've come from Anna to Jill to Joy, and Erin to Tori. 

But damn am I getting sick of these identical long lace sleeve dresses that Jinger, Kendra, and now Tori are all using.

you're probably confusing kendra's dress with joy's.. Kendra's dress wasn't laced or long sleeved.

Updo might be a little 90s for my taste, but Tori is gorgeous enough to pull that off. Loving the slimmer line of her dress; I was getting bored of big ballgowns. 

They cut down some little Christmas trees on their land, stuck them in concrete and spray painted them white. I think it would've just been easier to buy a couple of cheap white fake Christmas trees.

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

(Blurry) pics from the ceremony! (Found these on the tagged pictures of the Bates insta account, no idea of the original source though)

Reveal hidden contents

F3E1630A-B68A-4579-BF00-D29FA9047E2B.jpeg.1c287dc8d976c070b2b9639631e9a984.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

042768FD-E25E-44FA-B38E-B5B78B3190B7.jpeg.459831cfb0658f39d65b8de330dfed02.jpeg

It looks pretty.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They cut down some little Christmas trees on their land, stuck them in concrete and spray painted them white. I think it would've just been easier to buy a couple of cheap white fake Christmas trees.

Now what kind of storyline would that be if they just bought the trees? Think of the possibilities, mayhem mixing concrete, lost can if spray paint, can we find enough trees? Riveting! 

I like that she went with a darker shade for her dress. I went dress shopping with a friend recently who decided on a champagne-colored dress, and her mom made a big deal about how she always pictured we daughter in a pure white dress because she is a "pure girl." I'm surprised the Bates wouldn't be concerned about the same purity crap. 

For some reason I had a feeling she would have an updo with a lace long sleeve dress. I think she looks gorgeous. The dress doesnt fit too well in my opinion but aside from that it looks like she feels beautiful, which is all that really matters. 

2 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

you're probably confusing kendra's dress with joy's.. Kendra's dress wasn't laced or long sleeved.

Sorry clarification: lace bridesmaid dresses. Jinger, Kendra and now it seems Tori all have these identical lace bridesmaid dresses.

Trust me, I know each and every one of these wedding dresses by heart!

Wow I really like Tori's dress so far. I love the lace and unlike the rest of her sisters who have married so far its not a patchwork modest monstrosity or 3 sizes too big. I hope she got what she wanted. Im not personally a huge fan of the hair but thats not important. She looks beautiful

She looks very nice. I still can't get over how casually some of these people dress as wedding guests, though. I don't think it's wrong or bad, and I personally wouldn't care at all if it were my wedding, I'm just not used to it. Like the guy in the sweater and tie looks like I'd expect, but the woman he's with looks like she's heading to class or meeting up with some friends at a cafe.

Tori’s dress is beautiful. The bridesmaids dresses are my least favorite so far. The cut with those weird draped pieces on the front is awful.

The Christmas decor and church look gorgeous and romantic.

CC78EF6A-C8EC-41BA-91D9-830A13582CDA.jpeg

74F2423E-76C3-4A23-89E1-146D61A43F02.jpeg

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived