IGNORED

Tori Bates' courtship- Part 3 Now Engaged - September 2017

samurai_sarah

I predict a wedding during  Crown College Christmas break, which begins 2nd week in December, or during something called "Fall Ministry Weekend" which is oct 26-30 and I think is just Fall Break, but Crown wants to kids to go out and evangelize then.

Perhaps they could marry in late October & just do a 2-3 honeymoon, and do a longer one in December

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno, I still don't think they're engaged yet. If he asked Gil's permission over the summer (I think that trip to WV was in June ish?) and Tori mentioned a possible October engagement...I think it could be coming soon but hasn't necessarily happened yet. From the show, it seemed like there were several months between when Brandon asked Gil for his blessing to when he actually proposed to Michaela, for example. The episode with Bobby talking to Gil airing next week makes no difference in the timeline, I don't think. 

On 9/6/2017 at 8:32 AM, HereticHick said:

. . .

or during something called "Fall Ministry Weekend" which is oct 26-30 and I think is just Fall Break, but Crown wants to kids to go out and evangelize then.

Perhaps they could marry in late October & just do a 2-3 honeymoon, and do a longer one in December

Not if they have similar rules to Hyles-Anderson. You're not allowed to get married during the semester. I think they did allow Christmas break weddings. Had some acquaintances that were dismissed because they eloped one weekend and a.  were alone together to get away to go get married and b. they had married during the semester.

Tori wanted a May wedding after school is done and I do believe she will stick to that. I don't expect to see them married until the upcoming Spring.

Tori does have a ring on her left finger here, does anybody know which hand/finger they normally wear purity rings on?

IMG_9863.PNG

On 9/8/2017 at 5:55 AM, marmalade said:

Erin got married in November while still a student, so at least then it was permitted. 

Erin took a simester off college to get married.

On 9/17/2017 at 6:18 AM, marmalade said:

She still graduated in May with her class. Maybe she did summer school?

For some reason I thought she graduated a whole year late.

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

So much for waiting to get married until she finishes college. Per the People article, they're getting married in December.

She is good friends with joy and kendra,now they are mariied... 

And I think thats way the wedding is earlier then said.

If Tori was a Duggar, she would probably have been married one year ago and might have had a kid by now. Even if she does get married and pregnant in December, she won't have a baby until after she's supposed to graduate, so she can still graduate.

On 9/18/2017 at 10:15 AM, HereticHick said:

For some reason I thought she graduated a whole year late.

It looks like she was 23 when she graduated, so I think that was the case. I know she had to borrow money from Lawson and was teaching piano to pay for classes, so it wouldn't be surprising if she also had to stretch it out over five years for financial reasons.

4 hours ago, JoiseyGoil said:

Even if she does get married and pregnant in December, she won't have a baby until after she's supposed to graduate, so she can still graduate.

It still kinda bothers me that Tori's wishes weren't really respected. And also that Kelly and Gil took her wish to finish college first as some big joke rather than encouraging her to focus on her education and goals. It drives home the priorities in that family: be pretty and have a boyfriend.

5 hours ago, nausicaa said:

It still kinda bothers me that Tori's wishes weren't really respected. And also that Kelly and Gil took her wish to finish college first as some big joke rather than encouraging her to focus on her education and goals. It drives home the priorities in that family: be pretty and have a boyfriend.

That bothers me too. Tori told them what she wanted and why. No one listened. Not one person in her family seem to care or respect that. Erin told she could still graduate after getting married like she did. That's great for Erin, but that's not what Tori wanted.  What is the big deal about waiting until after she graduated? Why couldn't she wait like she wanted too?  

5 hours ago, nausicaa said:

It looks like she was 23 when she graduated, so I think that was the case. I know she had to borrow money from Lawson and was teaching piano to pay for classes, so it wouldn't be surprising if she also had to stretch it out over five years for financial reasons.

Agreed, but I think it's very possible she changed her mind. You have to remember she's in love with this guy and has been for quite a while and isn't even allowed to kiss him. Their system is so fucked up it and designed to push these kids into early marriage. :my_sad:

btw, these self-designed rings by fundie males are always ugly af. :Bang:

31 minutes ago, faraway said:

Agreed, but I think it's very possible she changed her mind. You have to remember she's in love with this guy and has been for quite a while and isn't even allowed to kiss him. Their system is so fucked up it and designed to push these kids into early marriage. :my_sad:

btw, these self-designed rings by fundie males are always ugly af. :Bang:

Sadly enough, I have to agree with this. It's called emotional manipulation.....via control of very normal and natural sexual urges.
Even if she did want to wait till graduation, she is so damn restricted and controlled and monitored, no wonder she's like SCREW IT, i'll just get married now, I can't take this anymore!!! I don't blame her.....in her world, what choice does she have?! :my_confused:

They play on their immaturity, their naivete,  their innocence, their natural sexual and emotional urges, twist them upside down and manipulate them. I say good for Tori for going to school and learning a skill, even if it will just include homeschooling family members, and her own kids probably, that is still much more than alot of fundie girls have in their world, especially the ones who are born into it like she was.
During the live video, I wanted to punch good ol' Gil when they were discussing what Tori's major was, "that's a great start for when you're teaching your own kids!!" SHUT UP DUDE OMG  he thinks he is hilarious, we definitely know where Zach gets his sense of humor from....:pb_rollseyes:

I'm really hoping Bobby turns into a Chad or Brandon, chill and in the background. Ditto on also being annoyed with Gil cracking jokes. Gil and Kelly didn't follow a courtship model, right? I thought they were like the Duggars in that sense but they said they couldn't wait and had to get married during their winter break. The idea of emotional manipulation think personally is what makes me the saddest out of this cult, going from children to adults real quick and making sure you can pop out babies without ever thinking of the negatives that could result (a la Michael)

22 hours ago, JoiseyGoil said:

If Tori was a Duggar, she would probably have been married one year ago and might have had a kid by now. Even if she does get married and pregnant in December, she won't have a baby until after she's supposed to graduate, so she can still graduate.

Unless she has HG during her pregnancy, or any number of things pregnancy related that could slow her down. They're so naive. 

On 22.9.2017 at 9:53 PM, candygirl200413 said:

I had their live video recording playing in the background and I think Gil said he did design the ring.

Are you serious? Why should Gil design his daughter's wedding ring?

On a second read:

Did he refer to Bobby? Please tell me that is what you meant. Anything else would be so unbelievably creepy- but as my initial reading shows- I wouldn't put it past them. 

More photos from the proposal (courtesy of the Bates family Instagram account):

IMG_1221.PNG.ba5f2e479a72b19f3d6e45bd72a5df14.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1222.PNG.4e61adee5a930e84d455f9f0315bac65.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1223.PNG.3cb5ad72beb7d4575a8b2cff4e4cc385.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1225.PNG.e4d85e44da27da7d92edc36b511c7dfc.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1226.PNG.fab755b44dae8d4e4d69fb4ffd74bcec.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1227.PNG.bfe97029b2b13d852a0bf1c1d6074649.PNG