Tori Bates' courtship- Part 3 Now Engaged - September 2017

samurai_sarah

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, JoylessAnna said:

Spoiler

IMG_3859.PNG

As somebody who works in the language industry, that blank between the opening bracket and "Maid" drives me crazy, especially considering they got it right in the following line. Proofreading is all!!

I actually love her dress, and the BM dresses too. Definitely the classiest one I've seen in a while. I love the off white lace

Seeing the program reminds me of a bridezilla I once knew. She would never have listed people by their nicknames on HER wedding program. She also kicked a bridesmaid out because the bridesmaid refused to cut her amazingly long hair to be the same length as the other bridesmaids. Then she wigged out because she didn't have a replacement bridesmaid and the numbers were uneven. I know all this because she gave the world daily updates on Facebook. It was quite the entertaining several months.

27 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Seeing the program reminds me of a bridezilla I once knew. She would never have listed people by their nicknames on HER wedding program. She also kicked a bridesmaid out because the bridesmaid refused to cut her amazingly long hair to be the same length as the other bridesmaids. Then she wigged out because she didn't have a replacement bridesmaid and the numbers were uneven. I know all this because she gave the world daily updates on Facebook. It was quite the entertaining several months.

That's horrible!  Someone I knew in high school became a bridezilla. She acted that she was the first person to ever had gotten married. 

I am conflicted. Tori looks gorgeous. The dress isn’t exactly my cup of tee but nice enough. I love that the champagne colour makes it look much more revealing in the blurry pictures than it is. Bridesmaid dresses are alright but the white and purple colour scheme mixed with Christmas does absolutely nothing for me.

I think Tori is the most beautiful out of the Bate‘s girls (together with Whitney) and she just overshadows everything I would snark on otherwise.

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok I guess the BM dresses are pretty. I thought the bottom was oddly ruffled like Erin's BM dresses. But it looks like it's just one diagonal ruffle which is ok. 

Just to add to this Erin's dress is probably sitting a bit differently because she's around 5 months pregnant. She and Carlin definitely have slightly different dresses with the diagonal ruffle, but because they're an empire waist it's probably just sitting slightly differently on her.

I think we can all agree though that Tori's version of a Christmas theme wedding is better than Whitney's black and red, crunchy curl and a bolero affair.

The BM dresses are growing on me.

Cute shoes! Glad there's shoes involved in general...

1 minute ago, freethemall said:

I think we can all agree though that Tori's version of a Christmas theme wedding is better than Whitney's black and red, crunchy curl and a bolero affair.

The BM dresses are growing on me.

Nope - from what I see so far, I actually preferred Whitney's! Love your username, btw. :) 

I love the purples! These dresses are a step up from Jinger's I would say. It is kinda like they fixed Jinger's bride maid dress situation. They made them all one colour. I am not sure in some lights it looks a mix of old mauve and a lighter mauve. But then in some lights it looks plum or lilac but I think they are in the lavender family because with a little peachy undertone. 

But that wasn't my initial desired comment.

The bouquet is really lovely. I would have just changed a few little tiny things but it is still lovely and would be VERY pricy paying full price. 

(background in florals)

Spoiler

I was the creative one in the house and made crafts out of anything. I would watch Martha and by the age of 14 I was quite good and hired as a florist. It was a hobby a paying hobby but a hobby. People find it quite useful today. But I had worked in events and decor for years and am still the person who is voluntold to head up decor. 

They are so lucky to have Kelly's sister. 

I was thinking how much it would cost for me to do just the bouquets and maybe boutonnieres for 500. That would be me ordering from a supplier doing all the work myself. Those flowers are not cheap and the peonies right now. $$ The mini callas are not that much less expensive than large.

She ordered a certain number of flowers and used them in the best way she could. There was an inspiration and plan I imagine but things get creative. 

Yes. I would pull those sparkly things out and would have added seeded eucalyptus and some green around the brides maids bouquet but that would raise the price and some people are of the opinion that they don't like greenery in with their flowers. 

I can understand not wanting baby's breath I think it is way overused but greens? 

I am not a fan of the dark champagne color of the dress. Too big of a countrast with the white (or off-white) lace for my taste. I also wish she's gotten the dress properly fitted around the waist/hips, although that is more than likely on purpose because modesty. That said, Tori's dress is definitely on the prettier side of fundie wedding gowns.

As far as the bridesmaid dresses go, I LOVE the color, and I think the top of the dress is quite pretty. Not a huge fan of the ruffled skirt, but again, I've seen much worse. I am surprised at the fairly low (by fundie standards) neckline of the BM dress. I'm curious to see if they changed the necklines for the more conservative dressers (esp. Michael).

The bouquet is gorgeous, but I feel like it's just a little too big and overpowering for someone so tiny as Tori.

I think these are far and away the most sleek and modern flowers we've seen at any fundie wedding. She's the first to break out of the 80s and 90s circle of greens with some round blooms in the middle. Purple isn't my favorite color, but I give her props for trying something new. 

My absolutely based on nothing except life experience prediction? Tori and Bobbi are not staying in TN forever.  They are going back to Florida.  He'll have more opportunity there. 

Ok, so after seeing this pic from Lawson's IG I retract my doubts about Tori's dress. It looks adorable here!

Screenshot_20171217-221110.jpg

After seeing more photos of the venue, I honestly think it looks gorgeous and so romantic. This is the first fundie wedding that I have seen where they actually nailed the theme and made it cozy.

I think her dress is really beautiful and her shoes are great! I love the mix of plum and white for a Winter wedding, plum is a favorite color of mine though.

Kudos to them on this one. I do like the color of the bridesmaid dresses but I don't like the style at all.

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

As far as the bridesmaid dresses go, I LOVE the color, and I think the top of the dress is quite pretty. Not a huge fan of the ruffled skirt, but again, I've seen much worse. I am surprised at the fairly low (by fundie standards) neckline of the BM dress. I'm curious to see if they changed the necklines for the more conservative dressers (esp. Michael).

I believe that the bridesmaids mixed and matched necklines. See attached photos of Carlin wearing a v-neck (I think Alyssa sported the same look) and Josie in a scoop-neck. I don't know about you, but at least in this photo, Josie's neckline alteration looks rather shoddy.

IMG_3860.PNG

IMG_3861.PNG

Josie really is a doll. 

I'm still surprised the Bates allow their kids to go public about their girlfriends/boyfriends before courtship. 

On a wider level, I definitely smell a wind of change in the Evangelical courtship model. I think more parents are realizing how crucial it is to develop a deep relationship before marriage, and I'm glad about that. The Josh and Derrick situations should teach every parent a lesson. I don't think either Anna or Jill would have married those guys after dating for a couple years.

Was Michael a bridesmaid in this one too? I always thought it was odd refused for -- who, Erin? -- because she didn't like attention but she's done it for a lot of others...

Not a fan of that veil (too blah), that bouquet (too big), or that groom (too smug.)  The bride is lovely and I hope she finds her happy ever after.

Love the colors!  The bridesmaids dresses have grown on me and her dress is one of the better fundie dresses so far.  I wish them a lifetime of happiness.

44 minutes ago, JoylessAnna said:

I believe that the bridesmaids mixed and matched necklines. See attached photos of Carlin wearing a v-neck (I think Alyssa sported the same look) and Josie in a scoop-neck. I don't know about you, but at least in this photo, Josie's neckline alteration looks rather shoddy.

IMG_3860.PNG

IMG_3861.PNG

Interesting. I hadn't seen a picture of Josie, and she's wearing a completely different dress than Carlin (different neckline, different skirt). I'm curious to see a picture of the entire bridal party.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived