IGNORED

Tori Bates' courtship- Part 3 Now Engaged - September 2017

samurai_sarah

Here’s another one of the dresses and a group shot. One thing that I find interesting about the fundie weddings is how on stage a groomsman stands behind a bridesmaid, I’ve never seen a wedding party do that. Any wedding I’ve ever been to has been bridesmaids on the brides side and groomsmen behind the groom.

D155CB1D-0E66-42DA-9736-02A247BBF08D.jpeg

BAEE32C7-AD01-414C-BA1D-AA40B97241CC.jpeg

9D698C77-C635-4851-97C8-BDC729DEFD0F.jpeg

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they have the wedding party stand in boy-girl couples because the wedding party is so big it looks ridiculous to have a line of like 10 people on each side. I remember hearing someone say that in Joy's? Kendra's? wedding special.

I do like her dress a lot. The bottom half of her dress looks almost exactly the same as mine. It sort of annoys me to share a wedding dress with a fundie, but also...good taste so how can I judge.

Spoiler

dress.thumb.PNG.b7e4d0bd2f1eb8aa6246e00d705790a0.PNG

Tori looks stunning in her dress and I like her choice of bridesmaid dresses, though not my personal choice of dress, she has done well choosing a style that suits everyone and isn't over the top. Some of her sisters' choices have been horrible. 

1 hour ago, JoylessAnna said:

I believe that the bridesmaids mixed and matched necklines. See attached photos of Carlin wearing a v-neck (I think Alyssa sported the same look) and Josie in a scoop-neck. I don't know about you, but at least in this photo, Josie's neckline alteration looks rather shoddy.

IMG_3860.PNG

IMG_3861.PNG

From zooming in for a closer look I think josie is wearing a necklace below the dress which you can see through it and gives the impression of a neckline alteration. Hers is a different dress to Carlin’s. I like both of them though- fits their standards but is pretty and I do like the colour.

Does Carlin really need to say she’s jealous in he same post she’s congratulating her sister in? I wonder if she was like that towards Tori in person, because that would make for a terrible maid of honor.

33 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Interesting. I hadn't seen a picture of Josie, and she's wearing a completely different dress than Carlin (different neckline, different skirt). I'm curious to see a picture of the entire bridal party.

Is Carlin's different because she was the maid of honour? Perhaps? 

15 minutes ago, JoiseyGoil said:

Does Carlin really need to say she’s jealous in he same post she’s congratulating her sister in? I wonder if she was like that towards Tori in person, because that would make for a terrible maid of honor.

Gotta include that wink wink nod nod  to Evan so he knows to propose. As if her three thousand other hints haven’t clued him in.

24 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Is Carlin's different because she was the maid of honour? Perhaps? 

To continue the dress differentiation topic:

All of the dresses seem to be a mix-and-match of tops and skirts. See Carlin, Josie, and Katie below.

IMG_3863.JPG

45 minutes ago, JoiseyGoil said:

She's SO annoying and immature, no wonder her parents are not too keen on her getting marry yet.

Carlin will actually be 20 next year. I was thinking she was younger, but then I remembered that Josie’s 18 or she wouldn’t have a “special friend”/boyfriend yet. 

Carlin does seem imature, she may joking but even so it comes across as imature and needy, I remember people speculating about her and Joseph Duggar, Joseph would not be able to handle Carlin and I never thought he would be suited to her. She would annoy him. She is definitely not ready to court or get married any time soon.

2 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Was Michael a bridesmaid in this one too? I always thought it was odd refused for -- who, Erin? -- because she didn't like attention but she's done it for a lot of others...

The program did list Michael as a bridesmaid although I don't think we've spotted her in any photos yet. Michael seems to come out of her shell some since Erin's wedding so maybe she's more comfortable with the whole bridesmaid gig. Or maybe Erin dropped it when Michael said no, but her other sisters really pushed her to participate.

5 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I think these are far and away the most sleek and modern flowers we've seen at any fundie wedding. She's the first to break out of the 80s and 90s circle of greens with some round blooms in the middle. Purple isn't my favorite color, but I give her props for trying something new. 

I disagree - the lush green bouquets with pops of color we've seen from Kendra, Jinger, Jessa, Erin, even Jill are very on trend right now. The whole handpicked, overflowing, organic look. Remember Joy's was more yellow, very little green, and Michael's was all about the cherry blossoms. I would say Tori's is the most old fashioned so far being very white and little green. I would say Jinger and Kendra had the most modern flowers, straight out of a Pinterest board or wedding magazine.

Here are a few more pictures. Sorry if they have already been posted. 

405AD592-CAB8-4BD3-9D84-E1E42E0E9179.jpeg

80FFF09C-C6DE-41C0-B0A2-212F2345D247.jpeg

Blindfold and holding hands around a wall? Wouldn't just one of those suffice? :pb_lol:

Total BEC, but the ubiquity of those staged prayer photos in Christian weddings now really annoys me. It seems a little contrary to the Biblical advice not to make prayer into a spectacle, but then again I can't really blame them for wanting those pictures when every other couple has them too. It's become a standard pose.

Do I spy another fundie groom in a blue suit and brown shoes? I know it's trendy right now but, just among the fundies I've kept track of, this makes four in a row. Add Bobby to the list that includes Joseph Duggar, Austin Forsyth, and Jeremy Vuolo.

I think Tori's dress is a beautiful style but I kind of wish either more of the champagne color showed on the top, or there was more lace where the top and bottom meet. Otherwise, it seems like a very stark contrast between the mostly white top and mostly champagne bottom.

I do love the wedding colors, though, and I've loved the idea of a winter wonderland theme for a long time.

Some more pictures were posted by Kelly. I really like that Tori actually did something with her hair besides curling it. Her shoes like nice as well. I do think the bust of the dress is a bit too busy, though. 

There's a few more pictures on Lawson's Instagram, not all of which have been posted here:

Callie Bates and the other flower girl (I'm assuming Bobby's sister/niece?) look so much alike, they could be twins. It's the second picture.

Tori looks beautiful. I like what she did with her hair. I also thinks she looks a lot like Erin in some of the pictures.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of how much the Champaign and the white contrast on her dress. However, I love her up do and I think that she looks beautiful. I also love all of the purple. As for Carlin pulling attention towards her relationship on her sister's wedding day, I'm not exactly surprised. I'm curious to see how much more over the top she gets when she's engaged and married (which I think will happen sooner rather than later).

Tori definitely has the best of the Bates dresses. It's not my style, but its not a weird frankendress. The design is intentionally designed to be modest and it looks like a finished product. Renee may be a hack who knocks off other brands, but most of her dresses end up looking good (minus Joys) and in the end that is the most important to the brides.

the bridesmaids dresses are decent too. i love the color.

her makeup is a little much to me. its not bad, its actually lovely, but its more than I have seen her wear before and it doesn't look like her and I think a bride should look like herself on her wedding.

36 minutes ago, Caskett4ever said:

As for Carlin pulling attention towards her relationship on her sister's wedding day, I'm not exactly surprised. I'm curious to see how much more over the top she gets when she's engaged and married (which I think will happen sooner rather than later).

The bridezilla-ness we are going to get hit with when Carlin gets engaged is going to be so incredibly entertaining to watch from afar. 

51 minutes ago, JillyO said:

There's a few more pictures on Lawson's Instagram, not all of which have been posted here:

Callie Bates and the other flower girl (I'm assuming Bobby's sister/niece?) look so much alike, they could be twins. It's the second picture.

The other little girl is their cousin. Her older sister is Katherine Bates and has an Instagram (@kat_bates) pictures from her Instagram story were posted on this thread

I find it funny that there is a Katie Bates and a Katherine Bates, I guess it won’t be that weird when they’re married

I'm actually really liking Taryn's photos. I really expected them to be way more glowy but it isn't too bad. 

Also the more I'm seeing Tori's dress, the more I like it. Still not sold on the sleeves, but the train and button details on the back and the beading at the neckline are lovely. It's modest but season appropriate which I think helps too!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived