IGNORED

Tori Bates' courtship- Part 3 Now Engaged - September 2017

samurai_sarah

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could Taryn really not find a more attractive background for an engagement shoot?

In addition, does anyone feel like the picture where bobby is behind her and she is all super open mouth looking at the sky look weird to you? I know it's one of those "oh I caught you laughing and looking natural" photo moment, but it almost looks like Bobby is hurting her. It's like he's twisting her arm behind her back, and she is all "stop it!".

Obviously that is not what is happening, but another example of bad photographer choice. Sometimes natural photos don't = good quality photos. Maybe not the options I would have chose to display on my website. But that is just me personally.

The ultra blur that Taryn does in her pictures doesn't sit well with me. It makes it look like there is no focal point, it's all just kinda hazy. Reminds me of when I used to put 10,000 filters on a picture for instagram. Over edited mess. 

I am already sick of Tori and Bobby's engagement. I'm sure most, if not all, of the shows next season will be about wedding planning.

I'm also done with Carlin and Evan's courtship. She is such an attention seeking, immature, annoying person.

well, the Tobby engagement pic with the brick wall is the same brick wall as the CarVan 1-year "anniversary" photo from a couple weeks ago....makes me wonder if they did a joint photo session? Them Bates just love their blurry professional photos.....

I just checked out Taryn's Instagram and now I wish I hadn't. I feel bad to keep bashing her, because I have absolutely nothing against this woman personally, but... her newborn photos make me shudder! The babies look dead, or plastic. It's uncanny valley.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I just checked out Taryn's Instagram and now I wish I hadn't. I feel bad to keep bashing her, because I have absolutely nothing against this woman personally, but... her newborn photos make me shudder! The babies look dead, or plastic. It's uncanny valley.

I don't like the photos either. The not- professional photos are my favorites though. Just wondering why she's the one doing engagement photos.

I don't know the woman but holy shit she needs to get her eyes checked. Have you guys seen the new pictures of Kaci for her first birthday? They're horrible!!! I could have taken better ones. She really needs to let up on the blur feature. 

On 10/2/2017 at 9:26 AM, OyToTheVey said:

I don't know the woman but holy shit she needs to get her eyes checked. Have you guys seen the new pictures of Kaci for her first birthday? They're horrible!!! I could have taken better ones. She really needs to let up on the blur feature. 

It was Brooklyn's photos, not Kaci's. Kaci's we're back in June or July. But yeah... the blur is STRONG with Taryn. Which is sad because I don't think she's untalented. I guess that's just the style she and/or her clients prefer.

Fake, distorted and sugarcoated? Thinking about it that's exactly how they show their life all the time. Maybe after some years it gets so ingrained that you can't deal with reality anymore?

On 9/28/2017 at 8:14 PM, Seculardaisy said:

Taryn posted engagement photos. I like that this one features a sticker shoutout to a play/movie that is definitely unapproved by fundies "Rocky Horror Picture Show."

Hide contents

IMG_0937.thumb.PNG.4e160b5de0df5179894b759b5b8e3d5f.PNG

This location seems bizarre for the couple and for engagement photos. It’s a cool place I guess but the clothes next to a worn down pole with stickers is like this jarring “we love church and we are also a little lost right now :~}” vibe to it

I thought you guys were too harsh on Taryns blurring, but holy shit it's every picture.  I don't mind a little blur here or there on the kid ones to look perhaps 'angelic', but she takes it to a new level.  And I generally like her themes, poses etc. It's the blur.  

3 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

Is it true that Bobby removed the people article from his IG? Have there been any updated about the wedding? 

I don't remember ever seeing it linked, but I could be wrong. The wedding is in December and considering it's the first Bates wedding in 2 years, I'm guessing Up is gonna want to milk it for all it's worth. So, we probably won't hear much until the actual event/new season.

12 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

We're the engagement photos taken in August? Tori and Bobby are wearing the same thing in a photo on Evan's IG:

I would say that yes, the Taryn Yager couple pictures were taken that day in August. Carlin and Evan also had couple pics taken (and I wouldn't be surprised if Josie and Kelton did as well, since they were all together).

However, I don't think the Taryn photoshoot was their engagement shoot. Tori is not wearing a ring in the pictures. It probably just happened that they got couples pictures taken, and then Bobby coincidentally proposed a few weeks later.

IMG_8652.thumb.PNG.771b6c239112da5b3ab368be6755e3a3.PNG

@MaylukaI think you’re right. Carlin and Evan appear to be wearing the same clothes as their photos as well:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Mayluka said:

IMG_8652.thumb.PNG.771b6c239112da5b3ab368be6755e3a3.PNG

This picture makes my eyes reflexively blink. Why are they so blurry. The ones with Carlin and Evan are a little better but this one is driving me nuts!

The photo of Carlin and Evan... how can they not be giving away pieces of their hearts? They’re closer than the engaged couple. Dios mio! 

Bobby and Tori were doing ministry at another church this weekend. Isn't the Bates' church open yet? You'd think they would need their youth leader (or whatever Bobby's made-up job title is) on Sundays. 

stor5.thumb.png.3fb3254926b939bd70930f78176ee8b2.png

Tori and Bobby should take a page out of the Mueller December wedding playbook.  Kimberly Mueller got married in late December last year and her dress and her attendants' dresses both fit the season and were pretty tasteful considering their modesty limitations.   And they even were married in a colder climate so it made outdoor pictures somewhat more challenging:

http://evangelinerenee.blogspot.com/2017/01/josh-and-kim-wedding-downers-grove.html

And look, no soft focus blurring on the pictures!  (Except for the one through the veil, but that's to be expected.)

3 minutes ago, Snarkle said:

Tori and Bobby should take a page out of the Mueller December wedding playbook.  Kimberly Mueller got married in late December last year and her dress and her attendants' dresses both fit the season and were pretty tasteful considering their modesty limitations.   And they even were married in a colder climate so it made outdoor pictures somewhat more challenging:

http://evangelinerenee.blogspot.com/2017/01/josh-and-kim-wedding-downers-grove.html

And look, no soft focus blurring on the pictures!  (Except for the one through the veil, but that's to be expected.)

I love the invitations with the little pine cones. And I agree that the dress and the bridesmaids dresses are very pretty for the season. I feel like the 3/4 sleeve works best for late fall/winter weddings. I really liked Jinger's dress for this reason too. 

The nice thing about church weddings in December is having the sanctuary already decorated!

24 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The nice thing about church weddings in December is having the sanctuary already decorated!

This is very true. I once met someone who got married in the beginning of December.  She didn't have to add anything to her church sanctuary because it was already decorated for Christmas. 

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I believe that's what Whitney said was part of her decision to have a December wedding (well, that and the usual short engagement period).

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived