IGNORED

Tori Bates' courtship- Part 3 Now Engaged - September 2017

samurai_sarah

Hands down one of the best bridal looks from the Duggars or Bates thus far. 

Heres hoping they stay as happy as they appear to have been today and they spend their lives focused on loving each other, not legislation other peoples’ love lives or bodies. 

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I love her wedding dress. It's gorgeous.

dsc_4277.jpg&w=2200&q=70

From Taryn Soft Glow

Wow Tori looks so much like her mother here. She looks beautiful.

Love the hair, ADORE the dress.. She looks pretty damn sexy. The bouquet colors are beautiful! Probably my favorite fundie wedding look so far.

1 hour ago, Mayluka said:

I like that she went with a darker shade for her dress. I went dress shopping with a friend recently who decided on a champagne-colored dress, and her mom made a big deal about how she always pictured we daughter in a pure white dress because she is a "pure girl." I'm surprised the Bates wouldn't be concerned about the same purity crap. 

Why are people so hung up on the shade of white? Pure, blinding white doesn't flatter every skin tone; I think Tori's coloring is better suited to ivory/champagne (and as such, this dress looks lovely on her). 

I'm not a huge fan on the sleeves (the lace placement doesn't feel right), but I like the overall dress and styling. I agree the champagne gives it a warmth that suits her, and the dark purple tones for the flowers and bridemaids seems like a great choice given the time of year too. 

I think the best part of this dress is the neckline. No t-shirts hidden underneath for modesty! Just good lace placement instead.

I'm not a huge fan of the BM dresses although I do like the color. I'm having a hard time describing it though. I don't feel like it's purple or violet or lavender or indigo or plum. I'm going to call it sugarplum since she's getting married right before Christmas and I'm cheesy like that ;)

I like her flowers as well. Her aunt does a great job. 

Tori is such a natural beauty. Shes giving me some sass and sex appeal and I'm kind of obsessed. I also wanna second what @VelociRapture said above. Dont want to get to fan girly. But damn Tori, go on with your bad self.

WOW! Love it. Love the bridesmaids dresses. Love all the purple (my fav color). Love the updo. Love the dress. I'm kind of shocked, because Tori looks so much more sexy/sleek/mainstream than all the other fundie brides I've seen (even Jinger and Jessa), yet still completely classy of course. THIS is how you do modern modest. :my_rolleyes:

I hope she and Bobby enjoy their honeymoon, and have a long and happy life together.

Well we have an "almost" snug gown. Looks great! Tori did not disappoint. Hope tonight went easy for her. Looking forward to seeing honeymoon pics.

I actually really love her dress, not personally for myself but still really feeling it! Also the bridesmaid dresses grew on mea  little bit with that picture of Carlin.

I always forget they sometimes listen to secular music, but definitely an odd choice to walk down to when I played it for myself.

Still not entirely sold on the bridesmaids' dress color, but the style is very pretty, if a little obviously "bridesmaid dress" (as in, if I saw Carlin wear that dress to another event and didn't know it was from Tori's wedding, I'd assume that she was recycling a bridesmaid dress). 

Tori looks freaking fantastic. 

7 hours ago, JoylessAnna said:

From a guest's Instagram:

IMG_3856.PNG

I love the dress, but it needs to be a little more form fitting. This style of dress is meant to be form fitting, not ill-fitting. I get the modesty so why do they get dresses they have to mess with to fit their asinine standards? 

Her colors are similar to my wedding colors, we had dark purple & silver or as my pretentious mother said "plumb and platinum"  My sister and I mocked her by saying  "Mah culahs are blush and bashful, two shades of pink, one is much deepah than the otherha" when ever she would tell her friends about the wedding.

12 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

@devonnakillin on Instagram is a really good college friend of Tori’s and she just posted a pic on her insta story with Abby Paine and Evan’s sister. Abby and Devonna are wearing the bridesmaids dresses I think. They look nice but not spectacular (to me)

pic: 

Reveal hidden contents

09308D89-0B72-4CF3-9C1C-7E787B4CD1CE.thumb.png.85ed1f5efaeba7c5ae53aa75606c9ad8.png

When I see the name Paine I have to think about Tabitha Paine (now Robertson) and if she was at the wedding with Timothy. Any pics of them?

She looks really pretty - good for her! 

I like her wedding look - the updo might be a bit 90s/early 00s but it suits her a lot, and I like that she went with what suits her rather than blindly following a trent. 

I like the hair and the veil. I am conflicted about the dress. The top is great, and I like the colour of the bottom, but it looks weirdly fitted around Tori's waist and hips and it just doesn't look like it matches the top :P I understood it was another Renee's creation (2 dresses put together), but at least in Joy's and Jinger's it wasn't so obvious! 

Obviously it was her wedding and her opinion matters, not mine, so I hope she was happy with everything. She sure looked that. All the best wishes Tory and Bobby :)

I think Tori is a beautiful bride and she looks really happy, good for her! I honestly hate the way everything is decorated though. I dislike this shade of purple, and I think the white christmas trees and gifts just make it all look a bit... cheap. I don't know why, but to me it has a bit of a 'my big fat gypsy wedding' feel to it.

I am sorry, I am not trying to be rude or anything. It's just...not my cup of tea I guess and I maybe should have phrased it differently. 

Ok I guess the BM dresses are pretty. I thought the bottom was oddly ruffled like Erin's BM dresses. But it looks like it's just one diagonal ruffle which is ok. 

20 minutes ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

I like the hair and the veil. I am conflicted about the dress. The top is great, and I like the colour of the bottom, but it looks weirdly fitted around Tori's waist and hips and it just doesn't look like it matches the top :P I understood it was another Renee's creation (2 dresses put together), but at least in Joy's and Jinger's it wasn't so obvious! 

Funny, I think Tori's dress looks much more cohesive than Joy's did, but I do agree that it doesn't fit Tori well from the hips down. I figure she just didn't want it too fitted for modesty/personal comfort reasons. Jinger's is still the best (IMO) but I think the only thing that Ms. Renee really messed with on that one was the train.

Tori made a good choice with the off white/champagne underlay though, it looks great on her skin tone.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok I guess the BM dresses are pretty. I thought the bottom was oddly ruffled like Erin's BM dresses. But it looks like it's just one diagonal ruffle which is ok. 

I think only the MOHs have the ruffle. Looking at the pix of Josie in her dress above, it seems like hers goes straight down. 

Tori was arguably the most inclusive of her siblings in her bridal party. If I'm looking correctly, she has all of her siblings from Zach down to Katie as either a groomsman or bridesmaid, as well as Callie and Judson as a flower girl and ring bearer, respectively.

We've also got some S/O's in the mix. It makes sense for Kelton and Fundie Zoolander to be groomsmen, but we've also got Chad and Whitney.

IMG_3859.PNG

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived