IGNORED

Lori Alexander 14: Environmental Notebook Doodles & Self-Righteous Husband Bashing

My bet is that the elder told lori to stop it several times and she told them that she only submits to and obeys Ken. 

I would so love if someone from their church who knows them would come here and tell us what they're like in real life. 

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is her new thing with "shock posts"?  She's mentioned it a couple of times now.  Is that her goal now that she's GONE VIRAL!!!111!!?

I don't think she gives a fig about ministering to other women.  What she really wants to do is control the ones she can, and get attention for "shocking" the rest.  She's like a kid in school trying to be popular.  She'll take any attention she can get, and that's why she's all over Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and her blog (all the while, telling other women not to waste time on the internet).  :roll:

Lots of readers are "disappearing" from her blog, though.  Jilly hasn't been back since Lori asked for the names of people she referred to in a comment (presumably so she could contact them).  Others stopped posting when the MRAs showed up to take over.  

And today's post is all about how much stronger the Church would be if the women listened to Lori.

The Church (believers), Christ’s bride, should be the “light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden” (Matthew 5:14). Is your church this way? Just think how powerful the Church would be today if all Women’s Bible Studies were older, godly women teaching younger, godly women:

And she goes on to list the usual stuff we pretty much know by heart. 

Yes, what if the Church actually obeyed Titus 2:3-5? Marriages would be stronger. Divorces would be few. Peace and unity would more than likely reign in the most of the homes. Many more children would grow up to be godly offspring, as the Lord wants.

They weren’t afraid to teach the women to respect and obey their husbands, to be keepers at home, and to dress modestly. They would tell the older women to work hard with the younger women teaching them all the ways of godly womanhood.

I find it really interesting that she ends the post with this passage:

11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds[c] and teachers,[d] 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood,[e] to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, 14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. 15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ,16 from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.

I bolded the last two verses because it mentions Christ as head of the Church in the role of equipping, nurturing, holding together, and raising up. Christ as head of the church is commonly understood as Christ the Lord or boss of the Church. But I see a much more powerful meaning here.

Oh, my the comments. 

Reader says:  

Why is it that you believe that women are to blame that the Church is not as strong as you would want?

Lori: “The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands.” (Proverbs 14:1) If she has the power to build up or destroy her home, she has the power to build up and destroy the Church since the Church is built upon strong, godly families. Plus, if you noticed, I did speak about “strong, godly men” being part of this great city on a hill!

I think Lori slipped up on editing this:

jeff says:

January 26, 2017 at 1:19 pm

Trump did more in the first hour of his presidency than Michelle Obama did in 8 years…
Dave, I couldn’t publish the rest of your comment because women are way too sensitive to these kinds of things but so funny! 

The commenting name is jeff, but Lori is referring to Dave. Interesting. So can Dave and jeff interchange their names freely and Amy can't. 

59 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I think Lori slipped up on editing this:

jeff says:

Trump did more in the first hour of his presidency than Michelle Obama did in 8 years…

The commenting name is jeff, but Lori is referring to Dave. Interesting. So can Dave and jeff interchange their names freely and Amy can't. 

What the heck did Jeff/Dave/Lori expect Michelle Obama to do? 

Talk about comparing apples to oranges.

The joke I have seen circulating is "Trump has done more in one day to get fat woman walking than Michelle did in 8 years". Referring to the marches of course. 

So is jeff/Dave the same person? Are we really just dealing with one man at her site with different names?

The way that comment from "jeff" was written I thought that perhaps "jeff" is an admin on Lori's blog (or perhaps even Lori herself?). I'm so curious now. Dave and Jeff are both men who have attacked women both personally and in general on Lori's blog in the past, so if it turns out that Jeff is actually an admin (or Lori or Ken) that is just disgusting.

4 minutes ago, KDA said:

The way that comment from "jeff" was written I thought that perhaps "jeff" is an admin on Lori's blog (or perhaps even Lori herself?). I'm so curious now. Dave and Jeff are both men who have attacked women both personally and in general on Lori's blog in the past, so if it turns out that Jeff is actually an admin (or Lori or Ken) that is just disgusting.

The only one who is an admin/user is Lori herself. Ken doesn't appear to have an account either. There are online resources that can scan for this to test security measures

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 7.44.26 PM.png

So you don't think it's possible that Dave or Jeff could be Lori, then? Could she not just change her username to show up as Jeff/Dave? I can't explain what I mean very well ... but I know that on my blog I can change my username if I want to, but I am the only admin on there. That comment just confuses me so much!

I am so glad that ladies from Lori Alexander of The Transformed Wife have found FJ. Many on here talk about wanting a Duggar kid or bates or rod or naugler, etc to find us or spiritual sounding board and figure out they have been brainwashed or in a cult. I think we are doing good by women finding us when researching these horrid "teachers" like Lori.

I am always amazed at the non-Christian on here and their knowledge of the Bible. Unlike Lori's blog, I am always learning new stuff on FJ! 

Welcome former Lori followers. 

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

The joke I have seen circulating is "Trump has done more in one day to get fat woman walking than Michelle did in 8 years". Referring to the marches of course. 

So is jeff/Dave the same person? Are we really just dealing with one man at her site with different names?

Oh, of course. Of course Lori was cackling about a fat joke. 

11 hours ago, lawfulevil said:

He says he's an engineer living in Texas, but it's the internet. I could claim to be a private detective from Chicago who's also a wizard, but that doesn't make it true...

I thought you lived on Dagoba and spent your time communing with The Force. :pb_wink:

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 11.47.18 PM.png

Ok, that comment was written by Lori. That is clear by the nasty, anti-feminist, fat-shaming, MRA-loving tone. Also by the fact that the writer admits she controls the delete button on the blog.

Lori was obviously planning to post as Lori. But she clicked "submit" too soon. The name "Jeff" was in the "name" box. Why would the name "Jeff" be sitting there? Because Lori has posted as "Jeff" before, and she forgot to change it back to "Lori."

Lori is commenting on her own blog!

5 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I am so glad that ladies from Lori Alexander of The Transformed Wife have found FJ.

I'm not a Lori follower but I landed here after reading a review of Lori's book on Amazon that mentioned FJ.  It's a good place to discuss what is so wrong with these people's teachings or just to vent our frustration.  

I was naughty and googled Lori. I found her very argumentative comments on another marriage blog that seems to be very popular: "to love, honor and vacuum".  I hope it's ok to post this link. Just look at this! 

http://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2014/08/mark-driscoll-mess-tells-us-marriage/ 

If you scroll down to the comments, you'll find Lori fighting hard to prove that her authority-submission understanding of marriage is so much more biblical than the pursuit of unity in marriage. She won't let go. Not once does Sheila even suggest that Lori may not be saved or may be too legalistic. She discusses with her, allowing her to come back time and again to say the same thing, over and over. She engages with Lori's posts and then she nails their differences, very succinctly but never condemning.  Lori could learn a thing or two from Sheila. 

Sheila tries to end the argument. 

I think this is enough of this discussion; we’ve both had our say, and I’ll let others chime in now. But I think that’s the essential difference. To me, the big picture of the New Testament is unity, servanthood, and grace; to you it is leadership and submission. It’s just different approaches, and we can agree to disagree.

Thanks and blessings!

But Lori comes back to make her point a bit better. Sheila allows all her comments and finds another distinction. 

Lori, are you truly saying that communication and conflict resolution and accountability are fleshly tools–and not biblical?

Okay, that explains a lot. That’s the difference between us, then, and I’m glad we’ve got to the root of it!

Thank you, and have a great weekend.

She still thanks her, wishes her a great weekend, and doesn't question her salvation or offer to pray for her to see the light.  Even after being "cautioned" by Lori (or some think Ken...)

I caution you simply not to overstate your case and to keep it Biblical, even if some of God’s words are hard to understand in a modern feministic world. 

And here's Lori ending a conversation with someone who disagreed with her: 

By your comment, I can clearly see that we value completely opposite things and you can’t find any article about it because I am thinking you just made it up for the sake of argument. Praying you will believe in the Savior of your soul.

21 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Ok, that comment was written by Lori. That is clear by the nasty, anti-feminist, fat-shaming, MRA-loving tone. Also by the fact that the writer admits she controls the delete button on the blog.

Lori was obviously planning to post as Lori. But she clicked "submit" too soon. The name "Jeff" was in the "name" box. Why would the name "Jeff" be sitting there? Because Lori has posted as "Jeff" before, and she forgot to change it back to "Lori."

Yes that is exactly what I thought!! That she is both Jeff and Dave. I wonder if she is also Trey as well? It wouldn't surprise me.

43 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I don't think this is the case. Lori's writings are different from Dave's, Jeff's and Trey's.  I don't think Lori is mentally able to keep up with so many alter-egos and keep them consistent. Dave has a consistent style and so does Trey.  I'm less familiar with Jeff.  I wish she used some sort of account system on her blog, like dicuss, It would make finding one person's comments a lot easier. 

If Jeff isn't Lori, that comment is certainly confusing.

The other reason I suspected Jeff/Dave are the same person and is either an admin or Lori, is because when I was an avid follower of her blog, naively trying to use her teachings to fix my abusive marriage, she invited me to email her for personal mentoring. In one of the emails she sent me, she wrote almost word-for-word what Jeff/Dave wrote in a comment on her blog in advice to someone else. 

After being a recipient of her "mentoring" and following her "teachings" only to end up very badly hurt, I actually think she is mentally is. If she has some kind of multiple personality disorder, it is entirely possible that she has multiple aliases on her blog.

One more thought ... is it just me, or are her comments on her blog getting bitchier and bitcher and not at all the sort of loving comments one would expect from a godly woman? I'm sure that before, even last year, she was kinder.

1 hour ago, KDA said:

If Jeff isn't Lori, that comment is certainly confusing.

It is confusing, but Lori says she edits comments so she may have added that confusing bit after deleting most of Jeff's original response. Is that a possibility? 

6 minutes ago, onemama said:

It is confusing, but Lori says she edits comments so she may have added that confusing bit after deleting most of Jeff's original response. Is that a possibility? 

Definitely a possibility. I never thought of that. But that would mean Jeff and Dave are the same person then, wouldn't it? And Lori is aware they're the same person? Or I guess she could have just read his name wrong. I hope someone queries her on it and she clears up the confusion.

Edited to add: in my post above I intended to write that I think Lori is mentally ill but typo. And being new at this, I didn't see it or edit it in time.

16 hours ago, lawfulevil said:

He says he's an engineer living in Texas, but it's the internet. I could claim to be a private detective from Chicago who's also a wizard, but that doesn't make it true...

If you have a sassy skull, I'm happy to believe it's true. 

I think it may truly be a comment for Jeff, she went to edit it, and had Dave on the brain...so typed Dave. 

She has sense swapped out Dave for Jeff. 

jeff says:

January 26, 2017 at 1:19 pm

Jeff, I couldn’t publish the rest of your comment because women are way too sensitive to these kinds of things but so funny! 

Lori Alexander says:

January 27, 2017 at 4:55 am

I am not any of those men, Marjorie, and if you read my blog long enough you would easily be able to tell that they don’t have my “voice” in their writings. They write for themselves. I accidentally wrote “Dave” when the comment was actually from “Jeff” and they are both real men as far as I can tell. No need to get upset about nothing. Blessings!

Majorie gets a blessings!

Its funny at Shelia's she said you can't find an article to prove it so you made it up! Articles are now equal in authority to the bible it seems.  She said the same thing just recently. Compare this:

Lori Alexander says:

January 26, 2017 at 9:22 am

It’s more divided than every since President Obama was president for the last eight years, unfortunately. By your comment, I can clearly see that we value completely opposite things and you can’t find any article about it because I am thinking you just made it up for the sake of argument. Praying you will believe in the Savior of your soul.

to what she said to Shelia almost 3 years ago:

By your comment, I can clearly see that we value completely opposite things and you can’t find any article about it because I am thinking you just made it up for the sake of argument. Praying you will believe in the Savior of your soul.

Hahaha, what a canned, robotic response. 

38 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Its funny at Shelia's she said you can't find an article to prove it so you made it up! Articles are now equal in authority to the bible it seems.  She said the same thing just recently. Compare this:

Lori Alexander says:

January 26, 2017 at 9:22 am

to what she said to Shelia almost 3 years ago:

Hahaha, what a canned, robotic response. 

Ooops! I should clarify! 

That quote is not from Sheila's blog, it's from Lori's "Ungodly nations don't reproduce" post. I quoted it to compare how graciously Sheila handled Lori disagreeing on her blog, even "cautioning her", with Lori's quick judgment of a disagreeing poster on her blog.  Sheila is, by far, the more gracious, kind and knowledgeable of the two.  Funny how Lori will go over there and try to teach Sheila but she won't let anyone come onto her blog and even try to reason with her. 

18 hours ago, lawfulevil said:

And now I have Weird Al's "Yoda" stuck in my head.  Thanks a LOT. :pb_lol:

(I met him in a swamp down in Dagoba, where he babbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda...)

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived