IGNORED

Lori Alexander 14: Environmental Notebook Doodles & Self-Righteous Husband Bashing

11 hours ago, desertvixen said:

@kpmom, LOVE your avatar!  It's a necessary occupation...

Thank you @desertvixen, but I can't take credit for it.

It was given to me for the Secret Santa Avatar exchange at Christmas.

I agree, it's definitely a necessary occupation!

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I no longer have a husband, but I'd sell everything I owned if my CAT needed surgery or medication.

She's back to being the same old Lori today.  Seems she had the burden of watching her grandchildren for 24 whole hours.

My grandchildren were here this past weekend. Their parents needed a break so we had the three young ones for 24 hours. It was hard because Ken and I are not young anymore but we loved it! Hard isn’t bad. It’s just hard but worth it. Yes, I had to change diapers, feed them over and over again, teach them about Jesus, clean up, pick up, and scrub. The. Same. Old. Thing.

:pb_confused:  She makes being a grandma sound like a real joy. 

You can tell she really dreaded spending time with the grandkids. The admittance that its really hard, but then "we loved it"! It seems so fake.  I know when I complain about something then end it that way, I don't really mean it the second part. The second part is more to atone for guilt for finding it hard in the first place or as an safety measure so those around you don't think you aren't maternal. 

Why can't women just admit something is hard and be at peace? Its OK to say that.

At first I thought her post was about how she always writes on the same old topics over and over again, but I guess they do go hand and hand. Same old thing day in and out, gives you the same sort of posts to write about day in and out. 

It occurs to me that Lori is just protesting too much. Most Grandmas love extra time with grandkids and don't so overwhelmingly focus on the work part. I think she simply has never liked taking care of or being with kids so she preaches that it is the only godly thing for women to do to make herself feel better about it.

Makes me sick as a a woman who wanted kids and never had any.

But wait, moms aren't supposed to be exhausted and need time away from the kids! Is it okay to need time away because they are lori's special snowflakes? Or maybe it's her son's kid and he wants time for sweet fellowship. But then wouldn't they just have vacation sex with the kids in the room?

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Sorry, didn't mean to reply to Koala, but can't get rid of the quote box.

Yes, I had to change diapers, feed them over and over again, teach them about Jesus, clean up, pick up, and scrub. The. Same. Old. Thing.

I was struck by this sentence.  She hated every minute of it.  

Diapers:  yeah, she got a nanny as soon as she could for that crap.  

Feed them, over and over again:  I guess those big salads don't fill the little ones up enough.

Clean up, pick up, and scrub:  Where the hell is that nanny?  Lori never had it so tough.

Teach them about Jesus:  I can see it now.  Lori to kids:  <spank>  You WILL love Jesus!  <spank>  He was a MAN!  <spank>  He was the son of God!  <spank>  He said he had to SUFFER the little children to come see him!  <spank>  He died a horrible death for our sins!  <spank>  Now I hope you understand what Jesus did you you sinners.  <spank>    <spank>    <spank>  Behave!  <spank>  

Lori to Ken:  I told you pain is a good teacher.  The little shits won't bother us up anymore.  When are their parents getting here to pick them up?

Ken:  Not until tomorrow.  Say, can you send them into the guest room and meet me in the bedroom with a hairbrush and some lube?

Lori:  Yeah, but I've got to finish beating the others first.  Got to teach them about Jesus.

Ken (to himself):  Sweet, I get to spank her and then nail her!

Lori (to herself):  Damn the blasted rugrats.  Now I have to beat them and then submit to Ken.  A real Command Man would have made me stop after the first kid so he could have his way with me right away.  I need more lube.

You can tell things went badly when Lori resents even the part where she gets to tell  the kids about Jesus.

I have been hesitant to comment here today because Ken's tight wad attitude regarding Lori's shots is just appalling to me. It has just made me sad and angry. 

He has given up any right to preach about the sacrificial love a husband shows to his submissive wife. His disgusting attitude about her stay in the ICU last year, his martyrdom regarding the spilled soup, and now this, all just show him to be a selfish petulant child. I used to smack my head that fundie women described their men as mindless blobs who walked around in a constant state of sexual arousal. 

I take all that back. Ken Alexander is indeed a mindless, selfish blob who walks around in a state of constant sexual arousal while he counts his money and keeps track of his wife's medical costs to the penny; resenting her for costing him so much and interfering with his weekly routine. 

This is not loving ones wife the way Christ loved the church. 

How many times have we here at FJ showed more compassion to Lori and other women than their "sacrificial" husbands have shown?? 

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I have been hesitant to comment here today because Ken's tight wad attitude regarding Lori's shots is just appalling to me. It has just made me sad and angry. 

He has given up any right to preach about the sacrificial love a husband shows to his submissive wife. His disgusting attitude about her stay in the ICU last year, his martyrdom regarding the spilled soup, and now this, all just show him to be a selfish petulant child. I used to smack my head that fundie women described their men as mindless blobs who walked around in a constant state of sexual arousal. 

I take all that back. Ken Alexander is indeed a mindless, selfish blob who walks around in a state of constant sexual arousal while he counts his money and keeps track of his wife's medical costs to the penny; resenting her for costing him so much and interfering with his weekly routine. 

How many times have we here at FJ showed more compassion to Lori and other women than their "sacrificial" husbands have shown?? 

This is not the first time Ken has made some complaints about the cost of his wife's illness. Remember, when he was visiting here, he mentioned how he's spent a "small fortune" on her vitamins? Granted, some of Lori's vitamins may be wacky things like Black-Salve-in-Tee-Tree-Oil, but still, it is clear these two do not love each other. 

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

This is not the first time Ken has made some complaints about the cost of his wife's illness. Remember, when he was visiting here, he mentioned how he's spent a "small fortune" on her vitamins? Granted, some of Lori's vitamins may be wacky things like Black-Salve-in-Tee-Tree-Oil, but still, it is clear these two do not love each other. 

Ken Alexander:

Hey, the vitamins were not just for her and her health. I spent a small country's GDP each year on Lori's health, and I hate the idea of Obama Care, sorry and we are not in it. But the whole family had to take lots of vitamins, and eat all organic, and I wanted to buy a bigger house some day and maybe even retire. Isn't that what many men are thinking?

In that same post, Ken took the opportunity to throw Lori's parents under the bus.  He also credited Lori's "ministry" for saving their marriage.

We disagreed on lots of things because we came from two different backgrounds. My Mom was smart, talented and a great submissive wife who was a master at raising five kids and keeping a husband happy AND teaching women's Bible Studies and conferences. Lori is an MD's daughter who went to bed at night listening to Mom and dad argue. I had no clue what I was in store for me because in our home we all just got along and did what Dad or Mom said, and her Dad and Mom could not agree on much. I am pleased to report that due to Lori's ministry they are now happy married some 63 years and in love. They rarely fight, but it still is known to happen over food and money.

That's really interesting, because Lori claims that her mother gave her Debbi Pearl's book.

I will be using the same book I have mentored many woman through. It is the first edition and was published in 2004. My mom gave me this book in 2005 and I was immediately convicted and challenged by Debi's words. 

Shortly after my mom gave me this book, we heard that the Pearls were going to be giving a conference a few miles from our home. I wanted to go badly. It was going to be a week-long conference with Michael Pearl teaching the book of Hebrews. The first night was going to be on marriage. Ken decided to go since he saw the change in me and wanted to meet this couple.

So the "change" in Lori came AFTER her MOM gave HER the book.  Not visa versa.  Good lord people, get your story straight.

8 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Lori is bad, but Ken is worse.  Except when Ken is bad and Lori is worse....  I feel for Ken having to put up with Lori's deceitful ways, but after reading this, I'm thinking that, perhaps, Lori only saw one way to be able to stay at home with her baby instead of having to go out and work at a job she hated.  So she put a hole in her diaphragm. Perhaps Lori is spinning the story into a "boy, was I unsubmissive, but it is kinda funny" tale, but the truth is she was desperate to be home with her baby. Perhaps Lori can't help her argumentative nature, after all, she went to bed hearing her parents fight.  

Lori has built a "ministry" on a book she read. She's not drawing from her experiences and you can tell. She has no idea what it's like to be the submissive wife of a command man. She's made up that story. I don't think Ken is a command man any more than I think Lori is a submissive wife. 

I think both should shut up. I don't really believe Lori and Ken's marriage is as harmonious as Lori would have us believe. In any case, I think both are unqualified to teach anyone anything. Well, maybe Lori can teach us all how to make a big salad.  

4 hours ago, onemama said:

I'm thinking that, perhaps, Lori only saw one way to be able to stay at home with her baby instead of having to go out and work at a job she hated.  So she put a hole in her diaphragm. Perhaps Lori is spinning the story into a "boy, was I unsubmissive, but it is kinda funny" tale, but the truth is she was desperate to be home with her baby.

Lori Alexander:

Lucy was a Nanny sent from heaven who never wanted to let Cassi cry, so she held her hours a day.

When you add that quote to the literally endless quotes about hitting her kids, all 4 of them being afraid of her, Lori making them stay in their rooms, letting infants cry through the night because Queen Lori needed her sleep (and on and one it goes), you have a really hard time making the argument that Lori was just a doting little mommy who couldn't stand to be away from her baby.

She's lazy, and she is allergic to the idea of doing anything besides bossing and controlling others.  That's why she wants other women to clean their houses "heartily, as unto the Lord", and hers is only "tidy" according to Ken.  That's why she harps on other women about cooking "nutritious" meals for their families, yet she only made Big Salads for hers.  

The woman doesn't have a maternal bone in her body- she just doesn't want to work.

Ken wants a bigger house? Bigger than the 3500 sq ft they have now? Too small for 2 people to live in. What about storing your treasures for heaven? 

Lori:

My sons learned to “bounce” their eyes and run from sexual immorality from a young age and knew that women are to be valued and respected. Both of their wives can attest to this fact today!

But I thought yoga pants cause men to stumble and its all up to women to bounce their eyes for them. 

23 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lori:

But I thought yoga pants cause men to stumble and its all up to women to bounce their eyes for them. 

I find it so disturbing that fundies teach young boys that the mere presence of attractive women or girls is equal to sexual immorality. 

No wonder they have such dysfunctional marriage relationships. 

33 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Ken wants a bigger house? Bigger than the 3500 sq ft they have now? Too small for 2 people to live in. What about storing your treasures for heaven? 

Here's what gets me.  Lori has written endlessly about the horror of women who work so they can afford bigger houses, nicer cars, and longer vacations.  What an irony that her own husband is hoping she only takes 6 out of 7 recommended doses of her medication, because he'd like to have a bigger house and an early retirement.

I bet she writes those things out of frustration that she can't have them too because its so expensive to be sick. She very much comes across as "If I can't have it, no one can". She boasts about how frugal she is because her house hasn't been updated, and yeah that kitchen looks 1990s, but that is not because she is genuinely frugal rather its because there is no money to spend on house updates when it all goes to her medical care.  A real test of her frugal spirit would to be healthy, have tons of money, and still not do updates.  Frugal under circumstances is not the same as having a frugal spirit. 

How those two ever got together will forever be a mystery. So completely different and their relationship seems so forced and fake. Also why she has to write things about learning to love, because it doesn't come naturally for her. I think Lori was desperate to get away from her family so she settled for Ken and Ken was manipulated into it. 

She opened her post today with a quote from KellyAnne Conway, who is MARRIED with CHILDREN and WORKING OUTSIDE OF THE HOME. I'd like to hear how Lori justifies this in her mind.

In the comments from her health update video, Lori just cannot stop herself from being argumentative. The reader was merely trying to establish common ground and show empathy and Lori argues and says "I don't have a tumor."  She clearly states in the video that she's had a brain tumor. Also, when you look up "meningioma" all sources refer to it as a tumor, though usually benign.  

She just has to find a way to be snide whenever she can and the fact that she ended her response with "Blessings!" means this commenter really ticked her off. 

IMG_4486.JPG

She's not arguing that she doesn't have a tumor, she's arguing that she doesn't have a pituitary tumor.

8 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

She's not arguing that she doesn't have a tumor, she's arguing that she doesn't have a pituitary tumor.

I think that it's in or near her pituitary gland, isn't it? (I didn't watch the video, so I'm going from memory). I suspect the reader was just confused. Lori is talking down to her, imo, rather than just explaining the difference. 

13 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Point taken. I can see where the reader was confused, though; Lori is very hard to follow in these videos as she tends to ramble. Lori is, however, still arguing and she could have addressed the comment more politely.  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived