IGNORED

Lori Alexander 14: Environmental Notebook Doodles & Self-Righteous Husband Bashing

On 1/29/2017 at 9:36 AM, Koala said:

See how convenient that is?  Being a single mom/unwed mom/divorced mom = poverty (which totally doesn't exist in America, except when Lori needs it to shame an expectant mother).  Not to worry though, because even though abortion is murder, she can solve your problem by giving your baby to couples with money!

Guess widows are OK in Lori's world. even those with children.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Guess widows are OK in Lori's world. even those with children.

Oh, widows don't live in poverty, the church supports them.  Don't try to tell Lori any different either, because she read it in the Bible, and "what God commands, he provides".

Any widows who haven't been able to find help are "exceptions" and Lori doesn't deal with those (even if they are the overwhelming majority). They're probably doing it wrong anyway. All she knows for sure, is that if Ken couldn't support her, her Dad and her kids would, so there!

Ken and Lori make sure to equip their own church to support widows by doing the following:

1) Write posts explaining why they don't tithe, and you don't have to either. (Hey, no one puts Baby under the law <---yes, she said that)

2) Blogging about Michael Pearl's belief that tithing is a sin.

3) Repeating "God owns everything" when presented with people who can't make ends meet.

I suppose Lori thinks her church can just write out checks to widows, and when they bounce, show the bank the verses about supporting widows, and explain that God owns everything. They sure won't be doing it with money Ken and Lori have tithed.  Ken has retirement to think about.

@onemama Those verses were spot on.

Don't forget life insurance.(Not Lori, but I remember reading a piece saying wives shouldn't work, ever, and if they become widows, "that's what life insurance is for.")

--Someone who had no life insurance when my husband passed in 2005, and had to apply to Social Services for help with the "final expenses."

Guys it's not that difficult...

Rule 1:

If financial worries are preventing you from following Lori's teaching, poverty is not gunna be a problem. You're just imagining it, gurl.

Rule 2:

If you didn't follow Lori's teaching, poverty is a) your punishment, b ) inevitable really, what else did you expect? 

Rule 3.

If Lori doesn't like you, your poverty is a good thing.

On 1/27/2017 at 8:18 PM, Petrel said:

Eh, without modern conveniences what would I do with $500 million a year? 

Pay peasants to do all your work for you?

Lori:

I googled starving children in America and couldn’t find any pictures like those children in Africa with bloated stomachs and no good water to drink but the solution to children in poverty isn’t to murder them. Blessings

Welp, there's your proof.  There can't be any starving children in America, because Lori Googled it and wasn't able to find any pictures.  Blessings!

I googled starving children in America and couldn’t find any pictures like those children in Africa with bloated stomachs and no good water to drink but the solution to children in poverty isn’t to murder them. Blessings

I'd love to introduce Lori to the good people of Flint, Michigan (no water) and Appalachia (food insecurity is the highest in the nation), where one in six people don't know where their next meal is coming from. And guess what, most of these people believe in the same Jesus she does. 

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2014/04/18/appalachian-food-bank-highlights-needs-hunger/7878585/

flint.jpg

10 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I'd love to introduce Lori to the good people of Flint, Michigan (no water) and Appalachia (food insecurity is the highest in the nation), where one in six people don't know where their next meal is coming from. And guess what, most of these people believe in the same Jesus she does. 

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2014/04/18/appalachian-food-bank-highlights-needs-hunger/7878585/

flint.jpg

I decided to google Starving Children in America. First thing that popped up was a statistic that 1.16 M children in the US struggle with hunger each year and 16.2M children live in homes that lack the means to provide nutritious food on a regular basis. 

Also those starving African children she speaks about, she is aware those are older pictures and much of Africa is not a wasteland of starving people, right? That a lot of Africa is actually quite developed with roads, cars, international airports, education, houses that don't have dirt floors, businesses, and structured governments? Oh, who am I kidding? She doesn't have a clue. She's probably like many others thinking Africa is a barren wasteland full of "evil" savage native religions and sacrifices and starving people. Also Africa is obviously a country and not a continent, duh. 

Are there still hungry and starving children in Africa? Yes, of course. There are hungry and starving children all over the world, Asia, Europe, Australia/Oceania, North America, South America, all continents. It's amusing to assume the US is the only country though that doesn't have hungry children. 

I should play a game with Lori. I will give her a picture and she has to tell me if it's in the US or a foreign country. I bet she gets most wrong. 

But hey, if there are starving children in America, starvation is a painless way to go, right Ken?! SMDH.

9 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

But hey, if there are starving children in America, starvation is a painless way to go, right Ken?! SMDH.

Hey, he totally researched that!

He probably got to feeling sorry for himself after Lori tossed out all of his Cheez Whiz and fed him another Big Nutritious Salad for dinner.

Ken Alexander:

Starvation is not a particularly painful death according to my research because as the body shuts down the nervous system dulls.

Lori said: 

Women’s oppression is a lie. Sex roles were never as rigid as feminists would have us believe. My mother had a successful business in the 1950’s importing watch straps from Switzerland. When my father’s income increased, she was content to quit and concentrate on the children. Women were free to pursue careers if they wanted to. The difference was that their role as wife and mother was understood and socially validated, as it should be.

From what I see today, a woman's role as wife and mother is still understood and socially validated. It's just that wives and mothers can now work outside the home. Just as Lori was a teacher, and Lori's mother was a businesswoman, wives and mothers can work more easily outside the home, and doing so does not lessen their roles as wives and mothers.

But I don't want to ruin an excellent post by commenting a contrary opinion so that's why I am posting here. Thank you.

I had a long post started, and I realized that I was casting pearls before the Alexander swine. 

There's literally no point. They don't know what they don't know, and they don't care. They are anything but teachable, but in spite of their "always learning," they are never coming to the knowledge of truth.

Some days, it terrifies me realizing that I can't protect my kids from everything out there (bullies, vicious stray dogs, predators, etc.). I can't even imagine what it must be like for deeply impoverished parents who are facing far more immediate risks, like food insecurity and lead-poisoned water, to their kids. 

1 hour ago, Joyce said:

Lori said: 

Women’s oppression is a lie. Sex roles were never as rigid as feminists would have us believe. My mother had a successful business in the 1950’s importing watch straps from Switzerland. When my father’s income increased, she was content to quit and concentrate on the children. Women were free to pursue careers if they wanted to. The difference was that their role as wife and mother was understood and socially validated, as it should be.

Oh Lori.  You make everything so simplistic.

No, women were not literally chained to their homes in the 1950's, you are right about that, and could work.

But, women made far less than men, were not able to move up in a company the way men could, they could be turned down for a job based on their sex, were sexually harassed, and had ABSOLUTELY NO RECOURSE when any of this happened.

It was simply business as usual.  Please explain how any of that is not oppression?

So today Lori tries to bring down everyone: "famous women bloggers," C.S. Lewis, IF Gatherings (which is about encouraging women to live out God's call in their lives but not specifically about marriage and family), and anyone who cares about social justice. Apparently, if we just submit and be keepers at home, that will automatically make society a just place. 

On 30.1.2017 at 5:05 PM, Koala said:

I suppose Lori thinks her church can just write out checks to widows, and when they bounce, show the bank the verses about supporting widows, and explain that God owns everything. They sure won't be doing it with money Ken and Lori have tithed.  Ken has retirement to think about.

If she saw it written like that, she'd see just how ridiculous her statements are.  Yes, the Bible does say that God owns the cattles on many hills (or something along those lines), but it also says that we should care for the poor. Jesus mentioned the poor and told the rich man to sell his possessions and give them to the poor.  If she did a search for something other than the words "wives" and "submission", she'd find that the Church in the 1st century, the one instructed to care for widows and put the older ones on a list, was a church where members were actually selling their belongings and giving the money to the church, so all needs could be met.  Do Lori and Ken give to their church?  Do they give to organizations that help the poor and the hungry?

I could quote a lot of Bible, but I have to cook dinner. 

@onemama Those verses were spot on.

Thanks, koala! :) 

4 hours ago, Koala said:

Ken Alexander:

Starvation is not a particularly painful death according to my research because as the body shuts down the nervous system dulls.

There may be some truth in that... anorexic people (usually women) starve themselves, sometimes to death.  I'm not defending Ken (he sounds extremely callous!!!!!!), just pointing out that the actual words may carry some truth. 

2 hours ago, Joyce said:

From what I see today, a woman's role as wife and mother is still understood and socially validated. It's just that wives and mothers can now work outside the home. Just as Lori was a teacher, and Lori's mother was a businesswoman, wives and mothers can work more easily outside the home, and doing so does not lessen their roles as wives and mothers.

Both my husband and I have been at the job center and both of us had to sign a contract stating that we would seek employment.  They always take into consideration that we are parents and one of us will have to be home for the kids, so one of us agrees to seek part-time employment while the other agrees to seek full-time employment.  Parenthood is still honored and respected.  

Lori would be totes proud of me...I turned down a fantastic paying job not long ago...why? Because I didn't want to move again (relocation was not included) and I LIKE my part time job...I have growth opportunity here...

However, her line of reasoning had nothing to do with me turning down that job...the truth is I love my job, yeah, I wish I made more money, but the lack of stress going back into the corporate world is worth more to me. She doesn't get that feminism means CHOOSING which is best for you and your family. 

5 hours ago, polecat said:

I had a long post started, and I realized that I was casting pearls before the Alexander swine. 

There's literally no point. They don't know what they don't know, and they don't care. They are anything but teachable, but in spite of their "always learning," they are never coming to the knowledge of truth.

This. It's pointless. I've thought about writing Lori an email with my thoughts about her businistry , but what's the point? I'd just get my blood pressure up for her to ignore it or have Ken sit down and write me a wall of text that would probably skyrocket my blood pressure. No thank you. 

@onemama, go to know that parenthood is respected as my daughter is now a completely single mom to a 4 yr old and needs to find a job ASAP.

Wow.  Lori just gave a health update.  It seems at some point in the future she might need to give herself daily shots.  She said Ken's hoping it's weekly (I guess instead of daily) because they're really expensive.

:angry-cussingblack::angry-cussingblack::angry-cussingblack:  Seriously, Ken?  Your wife is probably going to need medication.  Cough up the money and stop hoping the doctors will agree to taking shortcuts with her health.

Gah, why is it that a random internet stranger cares more thatn Ken does?  

And for the record, I *wish* I could look at the things Lori has said and done and say that I really don't care, but I can't.  The woman is sick, she deserves medicine.  Listening to her, I am no longer convinced that she's even a good advocate for her own healthcare.  She never batted an eyelash when she explained that the shots were really expensive.  It's like, "Oh well, Ken hates to spend the money, so maybe we can skip 6/7 doses of my meds.  That'll save us a bundle!". 

That's crazy to me!  I'd sell every.last.damn.thing. I owned if my husband needed expensive medical treatments.  How can he complain about money when his wife needs medical treatment?

So much for all of his blathering about a husbands sacrificial love for his wife...he doesn't even want to part with his cash.  Retirement, you know...  :roll:

Now you tell me, how on earth have I wound up in a position of feeling sorry for Lori?

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Wow.  Lori just gave a health update.  It seems at some point in the future she might need to give herself daily shots.  She said Ken's hoping it's weekly (I guess instead of daily) because they're really expensive.

:angry-cussingblack::angry-cussingblack::angry-cussingblack:  Seriously, Ken?  Your wife is probably going to need medication.  Cough up the money and stop hoping the doctors will agree to taking shortcuts with her health.

Gah, why is it that a random internet stranger cares more thatn Ken does?  

And for the record, I *wish* I could look at the things Lori has said and done and say that I really don't care, but I can't.  The woman is sick, she deserves medicine.  Listening to her, I am no longer convinced that she's even a good advocate for her own healthcare.  She never batted an eyelash when she explained that the shots were really expensive.  It's like, "Oh well, Ken hates to spend the money, so maybe we can skip 6/7 doses of my meds.  That'll save us a bundle!". 

That's crazy to me!  I'd sell every.last.damn.thing. I owned if my husband needed expensive medical treatments.  How can he complain about money when his wife needs medical treatment?

So much for all of his blathering about a husbands sacrificial love for his wife...he doesn't even want to part with his cash.  Retirement, you know...  :roll:

Now you tell me, how on earth have I wound up in a position of feeling sorry for Lori?

Because, unlike Lori, you are a decent compassionate human being who cares for the well being of other humans regardless of who they are and how much like or not like you they are. 

Lori sounded more coherent talking about her health than any of her other youtube videos.

So, why is Ken so worried about how much medication costs, since God owns everything?  God will provide, right?

But seriously, and all snarking aside, I do feel sorry for Lori regarding her health issues. I hope that she gets the medical care that she needs and doesn't try/have to cut corners, because her husband is cheap.

This is so sad. I'm so sorry to hear about Lori's health problems.

I'm not familiar with American health care, but if her husband is cheap, can they buy her medicine abroad if this is cheaper, and have her doctors just administer the shots? 

My husband just said he would love to rip Ken a new one. Your family comes first....PERIOD!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived