IGNORED

Lori Alexander 14: Environmental Notebook Doodles & Self-Righteous Husband Bashing

4 minutes ago, Joyce said:

Hi all! Thank you for this forum. I read and comment in Lori's blog and chat room, but there seems to be something wrong in some of her teaching. For instance, submission in the face of abuse sounds harsh. Then I searched for feedback on her teaching, and I found this forum. Thanks!

Welcome, Joyce! There are women from many different backgrounds here, some religious, some not, SAHMs, moms who work outside the home, liberals, conservatives, etc. However, I think it's safe to say we all believe that submission in the face of any type of abuse is wrong.

Generally, I wouldn't even be interested in discussing a woman like Lori, who seems unkind and uncaring. However, it disturbs me that she is trying to influence vulnerable women who are being abused or at risk for abuse. Someone may get hurt one day, following her advise. 

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Joyce said:

Hi all! Thank you for this forum. I read and comment in Lori's blog and chat room, but there seems to be something wrong in some of her teaching. For instance, submission in the face of abuse sounds harsh. Then I searched for feedback on her teaching, and I found this forum. Thanks!

Hi Joyce,

I've commented on Lori's newer blog several times. A few replies have been allowed through her strict moderation, but most have disappeared.  That's my first problem with Lori; she doesn't want to have a conversation about her teaching, which is very unbalanced and needs to be discussed further.  She bases it on a very small collection of verses that she's ripped out of context and presents it as Biblical Truth that nobody ought to question, but  anyone can build a doctrine like that and call it "Biblical" and "The Truth", as she does. It takes a lot more study to get the bigger picture and understand how to apply those passages within their context.  I don't believe the apostle Peter was telling all wives everywhere to submit and obey their harsh and abusive husbands when he wrote those instructions in his first letter and I don't believe for one moment that he was selling unconditional submission to disobedient husbands as the way to save them! 

Even more problematic is the lack of balance in her teaching. She has male readers who also like to post comments telling wives how they are the root cause of all their marital problems. Those comments go largely unchallenged but what those men are saying is neither right nor true.  If they would take the time to read the full passages instead of the one or two verses Lori used to support her teaching, they'd find that their attitude towards their wives isn't exactly Christian.  But.... Lori and Ken have built their theology on suppositions and nobody is going to talk them out of it.  

5 hours ago, Joyce said:

Welcome Joyce.  Glad you found us :tw_smile:

Welcome Joyce and KDA, 

Picking up on what onemama said, the thing is if Lori would just allow reasonable discussion at her place this forum wouldn't be needed or at least not what it is today. If you disagree at all with Lori you are run off as a troll who hates God and she will no longer publish your comments. 

Did anyone notice her response to one of the comments?  

I sure hope she wants you to because the church I tried teaching it I found out very quickly that it was not allowed. An elder called Ken and told him that I wasn’t supposed to talk to women on their property about this subject.

This made me laugh.  She must have really been harping on the submission topic and people must have been complaining for a church representative to actually call them and tell them to stop talking about this issue at church.  

Welcome @Joyce and @KDA  

Joyce, after reading some of the threads here about Lori and Ken, you will never read her blog in quite the same way again. 

1 hour ago, crawfishgirl said:

Did anyone notice her response to one of the comments?  

This made me laugh.  She must have really been harping on the submission topic and people must have been complaining for a church representative to actually call them and tell them to stop talking about this issue at church.  

:laughing-rolling: That's priceless.  

So a woman who goes around prattling about women keeping silent in the church was essentially told to practice what she preaches and shut her trap. :pb_lol:

Oh, to have been a fly on the wall at The Godly Mentor's house that day.  I bet she had a shit fit.

3 minutes ago, Koala said:

So a woman that goes around prattling about women keeping silent in the church was essentially told to practice what she preaches and shut her trap. :pb_lol:

For a woman who tells women to be silent and non-argumentative, she sure likes to hear herself talk and argue. 

“Godless societies don’t reproduce. The death of God is the death of reproduction.”

So, does that mean any god or just the Christian one? Because India is the most populated country in the world and growing. Most are not Christians. 

if I hadn’t gotten so sick, we would have gladly welcomed more into our family. 

Thank goodness you didn't. 4 was more than enough to beat and ignore. 

the product of children being raised by a godless government run school system that has taken God completely out of the schools and replaced it with securalism.

It's secularism. Spelling matters. And secularism just means the separation of state from religious out of schools. Also, your god wasn't taken out of schools. If he's real, shouldn't he be everywhere? Children can pray. Children can read religious texts. Same with teachers. They simply cannot force others to join or use as a scientific book. Schools cannot endorse a religion. Why is that removal of god? If so, your god is weak. Oh, they don't endorse me anymore over other religions, guess I can't be there now. 

If you think you don’t have enough money to have more children, the Lord owns everything and He is our provider. If you have a hard-working husband, the Lord will provide for you.

I raised four children while being sick as a dog but God gave me strength all along the way

Says the woman spoiled with a doctor father and wealthy husband who provided for her very well. Says the woman who had a housekeeper and a nanny. 

Take your children out and you be the one to train them in the ways of righteousness. The Lord has given you this job, not an unrighteous institution. Have children, lots of them and enjoy them. 

Says the woman who barely homeschooled at all. Says the woman who beat her toddlers over spilled raisins and sent them to their rooms for hours so she could have alone time. Says the woman who admitted she was not a fun mom and her children feared her. Yeah, I'm so sure you enjoyed them, didn't you *eyeroll*

Lori today:

the product of children being raised by a godless government run school system that has taken God completely out of the schools and replaced it with securalism.

3 days ago:

Reader:

The Obama administration did it's best to remove God 

Lori:

Thankfully no one will ever be able to remove God 

So 3 days ago, no one could remove God.  Today, (because it fits her message) God has been completely removed from the school system (which Lori sent her kids to).

Also, does anyone else get the impression that Lori only homeschooled her boys?

I home schooled Steven from fifth grade through eighth grade. He loved it! He would read a few hours a day and do an hour of math

In another post she says:

I homeschooled my boys for a few years in junior high and they loved it.

She never mentions homeschooling her daughters.  

8 hours ago, Joyce said:

Welcome! 

In today's post, Lori is quoting an article from The New York Times that is discussing why the number of children in San Francisco is decreasing, and of course she is blaming it on godlessness.  But when I read the article, one of the main reasons listed (though not the only one) is the prohibitive cost of housing in that area, so that when many of the SF residents have children, they move to the suburbs.  I also live in a large city, and that trend also occurs here - many people move to the suburbs due to cost, schools, etc., - this is not a new phenomenon.  

Her reading comprehension skills are subpar, or more likely, she only interprets it according to her own agenda, regardless of what the article actually says.

That is a good point. I would suspect the amount of children is much lower in any metro area compared to the burbs. Even if its because of godlessness, isn't it still all God's plan?  I think Christians say God has a reason for everything that happens on earth. 

And of course, Lori starts her post with a "command" that she pulled out of context . 

God commands young women to “marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully” (1 Timothy 5:14) therefore, if you are a young woman who loves the Lord, you should be obeying this command to the best of your ability.

That verse, Lori, was an instruction for young widows, not young women in general.  And why should young widows marry and bear children?  First, because they would eventually want to have a relationship with a man, and secondly, so they wouldn't be tempted to fill their time doing what you do, essentially.  With too much time on their hands, being supported by their church or family, they'd become idle, gossip, prattle, get into mischief.... That sort of behavior brought shame to the Gospel, not staying single and being industrious. 

Also God can't command a woman to have children if she is infertile (by God's hand).  She should have put a disclaimer in there about infertile women or infertile men they are married too. How bad does it make a woman feel to hear that God commands this from her and she can't live up to her because of faulty biology that the Good Lord created. Must seem like a cruel trick..."here you are commanded to have children, but tee heee heee I also made you infertile"

Today's post is on having lots of kids. . . I will bet that Trey, Charles, Josh and Dave will not feel the need to chime in on this one. Odd how we only need the "man's point of view" when it comes to talking about sex. They are also strangely silent on the Sunday Spurgeon sermons.. But they come crawling out of the basement for the sex posts.

A reader who talks about the Christian woman who were at the woman's march. Lori wanted to know why they marched. The response:

Not really, Lori, because I’m not very political. As I said, I did not participate in the march. But, I do know personally some of the women who did, and they are good Christians, good mothers, good wives, and good people. They are not depraved or Godless. That is all I’m saying. I don’t want to argue about the march or politics, because that isn’t the point, and honestly, neither political side is perfect (surely our new President doesn’t model the Biblical marriage values that you teach). In fact, as I’ve stated before I respect you and I don’t want to argue at all. I just don’t think ALL the women who marched this weekend deserve harsh words such as depravity and Godless. You and I cannot possibly judge, and shouldn’t judge, their relationship with God. Just as they should not judge yours and mine.

Lori Alexander says:

January 25, 2017 at 12:12 pm

How can you make a judgment call then to whether or not these “good Christians” that you know personally marched for goodness? We all make judgements all the time, Kelly. You are judging me for judging them. We judge when someone treats us kindly or mean; “That person sure was kind” or “She sure was mean!” This is life and we are called to judge good and evil so we can flee the evil and run to the good.

This is another example where this reader was as gentle as could be in disagreement, but Lori gets snippy. 

We have a new notebook doodle. This one is about how evil feminism is. 

Feminists don't fight for "Biblical values" which are, according to Lori in all of her scholarly wisdom: "submission, love for children, keepers at home, modesty, being sober and good".

To that, I once again must ask, what the hell made up Bible is she reading? Never mind things like the fruits of the spirit in Galatians. We don't need love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control; we just need to stay at home, refuse to ever work and nag at every other woman in the universe to bow down to what we tell them they must do. 

Now, if everyone would excuse me, we were going to teach our confirmation kids the gifts and fruits of the spirit tonight, so I have to go rewrite my lesson to teach them real "biblical values" now that Lori has set us straight. Although, I'm not sure what we are supposed to tell the boys. 

She is on a roll today.  Here is part of one of her other responses to a reader on today's blog post (the bolding is mine):

From all I saw at that march, there was nothing good about it. We are the richest nation that has ever existed, all of our needs our abundantly met, even our poor are richer than the kings of old, and a woman was almost our president. To me, it was a big, fat temper tantrum because women have all the rights they need and then some. I’m sorry but I can’t agree with you on this issue.

This truly irks me.  It's as if women are some inferior class who have to be given minimum rights, and don't deserve any more.  And if we want more, then obviously it is due to our emotions and tantrum.  She is truly more of a bitch than almost anyone else I know of.

I hate it when she insists that poor Americans are "richer than the kings of old." Spend an hour in a homeless shelter or a welfare office and you'll know this isn't the case, unless kings of old went hungry so their kids could eat, lived in their vehicles, prostituted themselves to have the money to pay the electric bill, or couldn't afford winter coats for their families. That's happening every single day to American families, if she did any sort of charity work she would see it for herself. 

31 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

She is on a roll today.  Here is part of one of her other responses to a reader on today's blog post (the bolding is mine):

This truly irks me.  It's as if women are some inferior class who have to be given minimum rights, and don't deserve any more.  And if we want more, then obviously it is due to our emotions and tantrum.  She is truly more of a bitch than almost anyone else I know of.

Mr. 05's response: How dare women not want to lose the rights they've fought so hard to get!

Lori needs to spend time around men like my husband. He somehow grew up in Conservative middle America without a sexist bone in his body. She would be so confused. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

You are judging me for judging them.

Oh my goodness, this is one of the most annoying, childish responses.

"She did it first!" doesn't work when you're 5, and it sure as hell shouldn't work when you're in your 50s(guesstimate of Lori's age).

Reader:

I’ll never forget the day I was in for one of my yearly woman checkups. My female doctor asked if I wanted any more children, I told her that I wouldn’t mind having more, but my husband didn’t really want anymore. She then advised me to stop taking my birth control but not tell him and act like it was an accident. Needless to say, I was shocked that someone who was married would be that deceiving and manipulative. That was the last time I seen her. 

Yeah, can you believe that anyone would be so deceiving and manipulative?!  

Lori Alexander:

I do have a funny story to end this with. Ken told me I could stay home after I had my second baby. I was a full-time school teacher. I wanted to stay home with Alyssa so badly that I put a hole in my diaphragm and we conceived Ryan!

I don't recommend using deceit

but I did get to stay home

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived