IGNORED

Lori Alexander 14: Environmental Notebook Doodles & Self-Righteous Husband Bashing

15 minutes ago, Hisey said:

On the bright side, Lori's successes in life have been few. She spends the day alone, in her house, on her computer. Her husband does not really love her, and she doesn't really love him. She obsesses about her health, yet is in very poor health. She has to "give" her husband sex, doesn't really want to do it. Her kids live mostly far away and never comment on her blog or FB. They are ashamed of her. She's a loser.

She also has two aunts who have repudiated much of what she has said about her parents and her growing up years.

Speaking of those aunts, I don't believe they've commented lately.  She wouldn't have banned her own aunts, would she?

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, kpmom said:

She also has two aunts who have repudiated much of what she has said about her parents and her growing up years.

Speaking of those aunts, I don't believe they've commented lately.  She wouldn't have banned her own aunts, would she?

Really? What are her aunts' names? I'd love to see their comments. 

22 hours ago, KDA said:

Reading Lori's blog this morning, I am even more upset. This woman is meant to be a teacher but she is spouting dangerous rubbish.

And going back to Jeff/Dave/Lori comment, I find it very disturbing that she edits peoples comments under that persons name, so it looks like they wrote them (if that is in fact what she did). So the first line of that comment was Jeff, the rest was Lori? How are we to know what people are actually writing on her blog if she changes comments so freely?

I do love the last comment on there though, from a woman basically telling Lori she is wrong to argue the way she is.

Lori has no business teaching anyone anything. She's just repeating what she's heard someone else teach and she can't draw from her own experiences because she has no experience whatsoever living the life she happily tells everyone else to live.

-  She used birth control but she tells women to have many children.

- She sabotaged her birth control to get pregnant and stay home, yet she tells women to submit to their husbands, obey them and "win them without a word".  

- She tells women to cook for their families but she only made her family "big salads".

- She talks about living on a shoestring budget but she seems to have known little to no need. 

I find her comment moderation disturbing too.  When she edits people's comments, we don't know what the commenter actually thinks. When she doesn't let comments through, we have no idea if people agree or disagree because we'll only see Lori-approved responses.  It's all very poorly managed and a lot of her posts are poorly thought through. She lacks honesty, integrity, compassion, love, empathy... basically, all the qualities a good teacher or mentor should possess. 

I'm surprised that last comment made it through her moderation. 

22 minutes ago, onemama said:

Really? What are her aunts' names? I'd love to see their comments. 

Her aunts are Roselyn and Ginger (her mother's sisters, I believe).

Here is a link to a post Roselyn commented on (thank you @Koala that I found a post you made about the aunts and found the link).

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/09/comparing-those-on-left-and-on-right.html

Ken lays such a load of mansplaining crap on poor Roselyn that that might have chased her away for good.

In some previous posts (I don't have links but they can probably be searched for) she (or they) basically said Lori was full of crap when she complained about her mother. 

Can I tell a story that'll seem completely pointless at first, but does actually relate to Lori? Cheers guys :content:

On Thursday night I went to a concert in a town about an hour away and there, on stage playing with the orchestra, was my ex. Hadn't expected that, but after a minute of blind panic I realised it was actually no biggie, because he was on the stage and I was securely stashed halfway down the theatre, so he was totally avoidable.

We ended pretty badly and I haven't spoken to him in a long time but I'd still say he was the love of my life, he was my whole world for the 12 years it was good. And as I sat there looking at him, I remembered how we were back then. I was full-on besotted! - that lilt in my heart when I'd see him walk into a room, the butterflies in my stomach from his kisses, the safety I felt when he hugged me...When it was good, it was perfect.

We didn't speak on Thursday night; I'm pretty sure he couldn't see me back where I was sitting, and I slipped out the nearest door at the end. But it was oddly healing to just see him and remember the good times - I think for the longest time whenever he's crossed my mind I've felt hurt and humiliated and of course because of that, I avoided even thinking about him.

But tonight i can think of him. And weirder than that, I actually think I can feel love for him. Not the way I used to, obviously, but I wish him well and I hope he finds what he needs and is happy.

I've just read through all of this Lori thread and I feel so, so sad for her. She's such a one-trick pony with her endless harping on a couple of tiny verses from an enormous book. She so small and bitter and hurtful to others and she never moves on from that. She never offers comfort or support or even kindness.

Here's my (very longwinded!) point: sometimes your heart heals when you're not paying attention. I'm going to hope that Lori's does, even if she won't ever admit it. But whatever pain has caused her to become so closed and frozen, I hope it passes enough that she can at least be kinder to the real-life people in her world.

Now, enough philosophy, I need a ...:coke:

2 hours ago, kpmom said:

I wouldn't put it past Lori to ban her aunts or delete comments from them.  I bet Lori is that one relative that is pretty much disliked by most in her extended families.

On 27.1.2017 at 9:58 PM, onemama said:

I wonder where they got that notion about the poorest in the west being richer than the kings of old. It sounds like one o those things that someone else wrote and they've adopted without giving it much thought.  

Perhaps Ken reads Clashdaily

http://clashdaily.com/2014/09/americas-called-poor-live-better-kings-old/

38 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

But tonight i can think of him. And weirder than that, I actually think I can feel love for him. Not the way I used to, obviously, but I wish him well and I hope he finds what he needs and is happy.

I've just read through all of this Lori thread and I feel so, so sad for her. She's such a one-trick pony with her endless harping on a couple of tiny verses from an enormous book. She so small and bitter and hurtful to others and she never moves on from that. She never offers comfort or support or even kindness.

Here's my (very longwinded!) point: sometimes your heart heals when you're not paying attention. I'm going to hope that Lori's does, even if she won't ever admit it. But whatever pain has caused her to become so closed and frozen, I hope it passes enough that she can at least be kinder to the real-life people in her world.

That was beautiful. I'm venturing that your heart has been healing in part because you don't spend all your time buffing up your grievances and rearranging them on the shelf.

My kids and I have talked about how sad we feel for their dad, who went all scorched earth after our marriage ended (by his choice), and has spent years telling the world about how I victimized him daily during our long life together and alienated him from his children and grandchildren. At least the kids and I still get to remember good times we had together as a family, because there were good times, and good things about him, because there are good things. That doesn't mean we're ok with his behavior, but life goes on and we're happy.

As Lori's fan base, and with it her chance to do harm, seems to dwindle, I find it easier to feel sorry for her. Her mom probably won't live much longer, having Ken home more when he retires doesn't sound as though it will bring  joy, she hasn't GONE VIRAL again despite her best efforts. I would hate her life.

On Lori's blog site in the comments regarding the March for Life post we have a new entry into the Women Who Hate Women group -- "Submissive".  

Submissive is pro life, anti-abortion in any circumstances, anti birth control -- and special added bonus -- anti- adoption.

Submissive believe adoption (like abortion) is just another way of shirking your responsibilities and the consequences of being a godless slut who had pre-martial sex and got pregnant.

Submissive believes women who get pregnant outside of marriage should be forced to keep and raise the "consequences" of  their sin.

Submissive also makes the stunning assertion that if abortion and birth control were illegal then women would never have pre-martial sex -- because they'd know what the consequences would be.  I'm not sure if Submissive thinks rape, sexual assault/ incest are the woman's choice/ fault -- but I'd bet cash money she does.

Submissive is a piece of work. Of course Lori and the fangirls are eating up her women hatred and agreeing with every word.

So does "Submissive" also believe that the slutty unwed mother be forced to marry the father and stay home to raise the baby?  She surely can't be allowed to be a single mother and--gasp--work outside the home, amirite?

(And don't call me Shirley!)

Adoption is a good thing, especially for the pro-life movement. We even have a law for international adoption to encourage more people to adopt children. If adoption was stigmatized, there could be more abortions, which is bad for pro-lifers.

What really gets me is the, "well plenty of people want babies, and would be happy to adopt the children of those icky unwed mothers!" Ummm, no.  No woman is obligated to be a human incubator for you just because you want a baby.  If they are so damn anxious to adopt, then why is the foster care system full of kids with no one to care for them?

Yes, some women who aren't ready/able/willing to parent are comfortable with the idea of adoption (and that's great), but others aren't and that's their choice.  

They don't even care what the quality of the child's life is going to be like, just so long as they get the final say so in what women do with their bodies.  

The insane thing, is they are bitching about abortion and birth control in the same discussion. No birth control= lots and lots more abortions.  <---simple terms, for a woman who says she has "simple thoughts".

But again, it's not about birth control and it's not about the babies.  It's about controlling women.

3 hours ago, Koala said:

What really gets me is the, "well plenty of people want babies, and would be happy to adopt the children of those icky unwed mothers!" Ummm, no.  No woman is obligated to be a human incubator for you just because you want a baby.  If they are so damn anxious to adopt, then why is the foster care system full of kids with no one to care for them?

Yes, some women who aren't ready/able/willing to parent are comfortable with the idea of adoption (and that's great), but others aren't and that's their choice.  

They don't even care what the quality of the child's life is going to be like, just so long as they get the final say so in what women do with their bodies.  

The insane thing, is they are bitching about abortion and birth control in the same discussion. No birth control= lots and lots more abortions.  <---simple terms, for a woman who says she has "simple thoughts".

But again, it's not about birth control and it's not about the babies.  It's about controlling women.

Sigh. I hate to step into the foul, murky waters of defending Lori, but [holds nose and steps]....

I don't think Lori was urging the fertile women of the world to provide babies for infertile couples. I don't think she cares about infertile couples, particularly.

I think Lori was saying, "Don't worry about having the baby. It can have a home, parents, a good childhood". Though her definition of a good childhood differs from mine, since hers involves beatings with a leather strap.

I know many infertile couples (since I am part of one myself). None of these couples think that a birth mother has an "obligation" to provide them with a baby or a child. (Most adoptions in this country do not involve babies, they involve older children)

But I notice that many people seem super-concerned lest adoptive parents feel "entitled" in that way. "Knock it off!" they seem to say. "I think you want that unwed mom to meet your need for a family!  And stop coercing her--I'll bet you were thinking of coercing her, weren't you?"

Just as a birth mother has a choice about what to do with her child, adoptive parents have choices about how they create their family. Just as I wouldn't tell a birth mother she can "just put the baby up for adoption" I also wouldn't tell an infertile couple that they can "just adopt through foster care." In both cases, it's a personal choice. There are pros and cons to each choice. Ideally, the child's best interest is the top priority, but that is intricately linked to the parents' needs, too. If the parents are stressed, overwhelmed or deeply unhappy, the child will not thrive as she should.

Just because an infertile couple can be seen to "need" a child doesn't mean they have a narcissistic overarching entitlement for one. Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but the infertile are no more entitled than anyone else. My husband (who actually suffers from infertility) is the least entitled person I know.

Finally, when Lori or others say, "Plenty of people want babies. . . " they mean healthy, white babies. In my part of the world, it is not that easy to place Hispanic or African-American babies. So this may just be a discussion about white babies.

12 hours ago, Hisey said:

Did you believe her teachings for a time, KDA? Were you a chat group member? I'm so sorry if you were influenced by her. My own mom stayed in a violent marriage far too long because she had absorbed beliefs like the ones Lori promotes. When Lori writes things crap like that, blaming battered women, it hurts me terribly because I know how wrong it is.

On the bright side, Lori's successes in life have been few. She spends the day alone, in her house, on her computer. Her husband does not really love her, and she doesn't really love him. She obsesses about her health, yet is in very poor health. She has to "give" her husband sex, doesn't really want to do it. Her kids live mostly far away and never comment on her blog or FB. They are ashamed of her. She's a loser.

Yes I did believe her. I fell for her message hook, line and sinker. I stumbled onto her blog in a time of absolute desperation and I thought it was the answer to my prayers. I truly believed that if I was just a better wife who submitted more, my husband would stop being an abusive asshole. I blamed myself every time he hit me, my thinking was so warped that I believed I deserved it. 

Ironically, I didn't always think like this, it was only as I tried to be a "good submissive wife" and kept getting hit, that i started thinking it must be my fault. Lori kept insisting that a man would not want to abuse a good, submissive wife.

Hisey,

As an infertile person and adoptive parent and grandparent, I have to say I've run across a fair amount of "entitled to a baby" thinking. It cheers me up to hear that you have not. Maybe the times are changing.

I've read way too many stories of agencies and individuals who pressure and coerce prospective birthparents into relinquishing, using religion, or "they've been so nice to you; it's wrong to let them down" or financial pressure. It's true that it's been a long time since I've encountered the attitude in real life, but I don't hang out that many prospective parents here in my sunset years. My guess is that the people who (a) feel entitled and (b) have $$ are getting themselves babies through private adoption and we don't actually know how much of that goes on because the U.S. has no standardized system for tracking adoptions. The number of adoptions from foster care are pretty easy to check; private agency and independent adoptions--who knows? That's where the infant adoptions happen.

best to you and your admirable husband.

1 hour ago, KDA said:

Yes I did believe her. I fell for her message hook, line and sinker. I stumbled onto her blog in a time of absolute desperation and I thought it was the answer to my prayers. I truly believed that if I was just a better wife who submitted more, my husband would stop being an abusive asshole. I blamed myself every time he hit me, my thinking was so warped that I believed I deserved it. 

Ironically, I didn't always think like this, it was only as I tried to be a "good submissive wife" and kept getting hit, that i started thinking it must be my fault. Lori kept insisting that a man would not want to abuse a good, submissive wife.

My upvote was not for your situation, but for your resilience. Wishing you all good things.

5 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Hisey,

As an infertile person and adoptive parent and grandparent, I have to say I've run across a fair amount of "entitled to a baby" thinking. It cheers me up to hear that you have not. Maybe the times are changing.

I've read way too many stories of agencies and individuals who pressure and coerce prospective birthparents into relinquishing, using religion, or "they've been so nice to you; it's wrong to let them down" or financial pressure. It's true that it's been a long time since I've encountered the attitude in real life, but I don't hang out that many prospective parents here in my sunset years. My guess is that the people who (a) feel entitled and (b) have $$ are getting themselves babies through private adoption and we don't actually know how much of that goes on because the U.S. has no standardized system for tracking adoptions. The number of adoptions from foster care are pretty easy to check; private agency and independent adoptions--who knows? That's where the infant adoptions happen.

Exactly.  I have 2 adopted nephews, and had difficult pregnancies myself (read: I miscarried twice  before they figured out what was wrong with me and how to stop it).  I have absolutely NO problem with adoption (when the mother isn't coerced/guilted into placing the child for adoption instead of exercising her legal right to an abortion).

I am not sure where you are from @Hisey, but I am from Alabama.  Here, Save-a-Life centers and ones like them are very common.  They advertise free pregnancy tests to lure women in (usually it's young women).  Once they're in, they are treated to religious counseling, and stories of couples who desperately need them to carry their baby to term and give it to them instead of aborting.

It goes like this.  You see a house or building with a privacy fence.  The sign on the front says "Free/Confidential Pregnancy Testing".  Once inside you are given a pregnancy test.  If it's positive, the sales pitch begins immediately.  You aren't counseled about your legal options (ALL OF THEM).   You are told that you have sinned (if you're unmarried), but not to worry, because if you want to parent your baby they will give you some clothes/diapers if you sit through parenting classes.  If, however, you want to abort, they have some handy dandy plastic fetuses on hand for you to look at.  They also have some videos like The Silent Scream that you'd probably like to see.  You are told that abortion is a sin and very selfish, especially considering the fact that they just happen to have tons of middle class Christian families who will never have a child of their own if you (and others like you) get abortions.  And btw, have they mentioned that abortion is a sin AND murder??  Because it totally is.

It can get even murkier than that.  I know 3 women who work/worked for these centers, and I am telling you straight out, they will tell you in a heartbeat that it is selfish to abort a baby when so in so who they know from church wants a baby.  

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's wrong to tell a woman that she's being selfish for aborting when there are people out there who want a baby.

I do not for a minute believe that all adoptive parents are like that (that's just crazy talk), but I totally believe that Lori would tell you that it's selfish for a woman to get an abortion when someone else wants her baby.  She's an entitled piece of work, and if she hadn't been able to produce tickets to stay home children, I have no doubt that she would have been shouting from the rooftops about the gall of women getting abortions when she wanted their babies.

Lori Alexander:

Have ultrasounds as soon as women are about 6 weeks pregnant, let them hear the heart beat, show them that the “blob” inside of them is a baby and encourage them to put their babies up for adoption, if the mothers don’t have the means to provide for them. There are thousands of couples waiting to adopt newborn babies who will pay for her medical costs. 

Single motherhood is what causes poverty. Having babies out of wedlock causes poverty. Mothers who divorce their husbands causes poverty. 

See how convenient that is?  Being a single mom/unwed mom/divorced mom = poverty (which totally doesn't exist in America, except when Lori needs it to shame an expectant mother).  Not to worry though, because even though abortion is murder, she can solve your problem by giving your baby to couples with money!

I've always wondered about the parenting classes they provide; it wouldn't surprise me if they were the type that claim a baby is a viper in a diaper and needs to be "trained" from day one. :my_sad:

Has Lori actually seen a six-week embryo? They look like little aliens. You can see where the eyes will be, as well as the arms and legs, but for the most part it IS a blob. 

My parents had me and my brother out of wedlock, and they weren't poor. Same with my aunt and uncle having my cousins. Stop talking shit, Lori.

11 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Has Lori actually seen a six-week embryo? They look like little aliens. You can see where the eyes will be, as well as the arms and legs, but for the most part it IS a blob. 

My parents had me and my brother out of wedlock, and they weren't poor. Same with my aunt and uncle having my cousins. Stop talking shit, Lori.

The plastic ones are made to look nearly cute. 

They had a crazy pro-life woman come give a presentation to the religious ed kids at our church last fall. We were compelled to attend because we teach religious ed. This woman has the crazy eyes and yammered on and on about babies and how much we all love babies and how everyone should love babies, and oh, the babies, babies, babies...In the midst of that she slipped in the point that she homeschools her kids so they don't have to be around kids that don't have great home lives like theirs. I suspect she meant kids who are not white and (at least) upper middle class. You know, the kind of kids whose mothers might have an abortion. She also explained that she works with a group that helps the babies and their mothers after they are born. They give them diapers for three months and a layette set, which apparently includes a blanket, a onesie, a t-shirt, hat and booties. Because a single mother without familial support or resources will be set for 18 years of childrearing with some diapers and a few clothes the baby will outgrow in a week or so. 

At the end of this nightmare in which crazy eyed woman said the words "baby" or "babies" at least 5000 times in less than an hour, all the kids were required to take a plastic fetus and told to name it and pray for it. The plastic ones were made to be sort of cute. But our class is in 8th grade this year, a.k.a old enough to understand that praying for a piece of plastic is asinine. They kept turning around and rolling their eyes at us. We were greatly encouraged by that. The next week, they asked us why someone would tell them to pray for a piece of plastic. And one said that his mother (parents were invited) thought the woman was crazy. Another even figured out that the "help" they give to these young women they talk out of aborting is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things. 

My cousin had three kids on her own while basically living in poverty and having very little support. She always had plenty of diapers. What she didn't have was enough support to provide her children with a stable home life or the resources to make sure they were educated and prepared for life. One is 23 and lives with her (in a hotel), no job, no post-secondary education. One is 20 and is in prison. This nightmare crazy ass pro-life presentation happened on his birthday and all I could think was that that kid didn't end up in prison because he didn't have diapers. And these people weren't around to help when he was a lost, troubled middle schooler. My cousin's third child is 8. They currently live in a hotel. Cousin has a good job, finally, but no credit so she cannot get a mortgage or rent without someone to sign for her and no one who can will do it.

Not sure where the pro-life people who thought she should have these children she was ill-equipped to raise are at now.

Oh....wait...they are praying for plastic fetuses and having diaper drives. Never mind. 

10 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Hisey,

As I say, there are all kinds of people. Some are entitled, some are not. I actually worked in adoption for years, so I've seen some ugly behavior on all sides (though honestly, mostly wonderful, generous behavior). But after doing many homestudies, I really can't say I've seen a lot of what you describe. 

Perhaps those people seeking that scarce white, healthy baby -- perhaps those people -- are a subset that is more "entitled" than others. I couldn't say. I haven't done many of those. 

It interests me that when a family adopts a disabled five-year old, or a troubled ten year old, no one worries that the family is feeling "entitled" to that child. It always seems to occur with white healthy, infants. It's like they are saying, "How dare you feel entitled to such a prize as this!" 

See how convenient that is?  Being a single mom/unwed mom/divorced mom = poverty (which totally doesn't exist in America, except when Lori needs it to shame an expectant mother).  Not to worry though, because even though abortion is murder, she can solve your problem by giving your baby to couples with money!

@Koala, exactly the above.

There's also the whole glossing over the fact that women have needs when they're pregnant.  They need places to live, and food to eat, and medical care, and jobs.  Even if a woman is planning to give the child up for adoption, she still has to BE pregnant and deal with all that entails.

9 hours ago, Koala said:

Have ultrasounds as soon as women are about 6 weeks pregnant, let them hear the heart beat, show them that the “blob” inside of them is a baby

I think it's safe to say that Lori has never seen an ultrasound of a four-week-old embryo. I had 6-week ultrasounds with each pregnancy due to my miscarriage history, and they didn't look like babies so much as they looked like gummy bears. And this was with the 4D ultrasounds. I can't even imagine what they'd look like on the 2D ones. Blobs, I'd bet.

I got to thinking about this passage after reading something else Lori posted about being modest. It also goes well with her stance against abortion. Oh, and her teachings about submission too.  My comments are in italics. The bold is what I think applies. 

2“The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3So practice and observe everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4They tie up heavy, burdensomea loads and lay them on men’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

5All their deeds are done for men to see. They broaden their phylacteries and lengthen their tassels. 6They love the places of honor at banquets, the chief seats in the synagogues, 7the greetings in the marketplaces, and the title of ‘Rabbi’ by which they are addressed. (Or mentor, in Lori's case)

8But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9And do not call anyone on earth your father, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. 10Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Christ. 11The greatest among you shall be your servant. 12For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

13Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let in those who wish to enter.b

15Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You traverse land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are. - I'm not calling her a "son of hell", by the way. 

23Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You pay tithes of mint, dill, and cumin, but you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law: justice, mercy, and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.  Lori loves to point at everything "those feminists" do wrong, but surrounds herself with unmerciful people like "Submissive", Dave Trey and company. 

27Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside, but on the inside are full of dead men’s bones and every impurity.28In the same way, you appear to be righteous on the outside, but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

I really think Lori should step down from her "mentor seat" and try actually doing something to help women in difficult situations. She is quick to judge, quick to lay down laws, but I see no sign of mercy or compassion, no anger against injustice, no heart. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived