IGNORED

Lori Alexander 14: Environmental Notebook Doodles & Self-Righteous Husband Bashing

Just going from the the screenshot above, Lori has a tumor in the same general area that the reader has, in the region of the pituitary gland but it's different type of cells (meningeal instead of pituitary).

Lori always talks down to everyone, I don't think it necessarily means that the reader's comment did anything to tick her off specifically. It's just Lori's business as usual.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Just going from the the screenshot above, Lori has a tumor in the same general area that the reader has, in the region of the pituitary gland but it's different type of cells (meningeal instead of pituitary).

Lori always talks down to everyone, I don't think it necessarily means that the reader's comment did anything to tick her off specifically. It's just Lori's business as usual.

Lori ended her response with "Blessings!" which seems to be a new thing for her when she is responding to something negative. I think she started it in the Amazon review comments??  Anyway, that was all I was going on. 

I clearly have read much more into the exchange than I should have. Something about it just rubbed me the wrong way. 

Maybe she gets annoyed for having her nuggets of infallible wisdom and clarity misunderstood.

I am The Lori, thou shalt pay Attention.

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Lori ended her response with "Blessings!" which seems to be a new thing for her when she is responding to something negative. I think she started it in the Amazon review comments??  Anyway, that was all I was going on. 

I clearly have read much more into the exchange than I should have. Something about it just rubbed me the wrong way. 

Her nasty "blessings" is so snotty. Then again, Lori in general rubs me the wrong way.

lies, lies, lies.jpg

I wish Lori would stop lying to her readers.  She's already said that she spanked out of anger.  Does she think her previous posts are invisible or something??

Lori:

I spanked my children when I was angry

Lori:

I spanked in anger sometimes

This is like the time she said her kids weren't strong willed.  Except she had already said they were.

Lori:

None of my children are argumentative or strong-willed at all. It's actually quite amazing to Ken and me. 

Lori:

These were two VERY strong willed children.  Alyssa was definitely the one born with the strongest will in our family 

Lori:

All of our children were strong-willed

Lies.  Lies, lies, lies, lies, lies.  

Edited, because for some reason it deleted some of the quotes.

On facebook:

The Transformed Wife Yes, we need slapped our children across the face, pulled their ears or hair or anything like this. It was in the privacy of their own bedrooms and on their nicely padded bottoms.

Their nicely padded bottom, see that makes it all OK!! Why does that just sound creepy?

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Lori IS a tumor...she's a boil on the ass of humanity. 

Steel Magnolias is the gift that will never stop giving, isn't it? :pb_lol:

As for her latest post on spanking, I was really hoping she'd drop the anti-feminism crap for awhile, but now I wish she'd go back to it. Her spanking child abuse posts always nauseate me.

Gosh, Lori really loves hitting children. 

Apparently, so do many of her readers. One says, 

"It is important to note that spanking should never be done IN ANGER. Spanking shouldn't be a part of a parental temper tantrum ... .And it isn't "hitting." "Hitting" is what we call it when one child bonks the other on the head, or when crazy people smack each other in the face."

Show of hands -- how many of you thought that spanking was hitting? I sure did. Silly old Merriam-Webster apparently does, too, calling it "to strike especially on the buttocks with the open hand."

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Steel Magnolias is the gift that will never stop giving, isn't it? :pb_lol:

I have never seen Steel Magnolias...my father used that term to refer to especially useless people. 

On 2/2/2017 at 4:48 AM, louisa05 said:

It occurs to me that Lori is just protesting too much. Most Grandmas love extra time with grandkids and don't so overwhelmingly focus on the work part. I think she simply has never liked taking care of or being with kids so she preaches that it is the only godly thing for women to do to make herself feel better about it.

Yes this! So this! I live at the other end of the country from my mum and she loves nothing more than spending time with her grandkids! She would walk on hot coals to spend 24 hours with them (or as long as she can get!). She's recently retired so hopefully that will translate to being able to see her grandkids more. 

Mum doesn't complain about how hard it is she just enjoys it.

Some woman on her FB page has claimed that the quote "Spare the rod spoil the child" is from the Bible. It isn't. It's from a poem written in the 17th century by Samuel Butler. The poem is about a love affair, nothing to do with raising children! 

I soooo wish I could correct her, but alas, Lori has blocked me from her FB page.

5 minutes ago, KDA said:

Some woman on her FB page has claimed that the quote "Spare the rod spoil the child" is from the Bible. It isn't. It's from a poem written in the 17th century by Samuel Butler. The poem is about a love affair, nothing to do with raising children! 

I soooo wish I could correct her, but alas, Lori has blocked me from her FB page.

I am proud to say I am also blocked. 

But it is so frustrating to not be able to respond to any of that nonsense! 

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

I have never seen Steel Magnolias...my father used that term to refer to especially useless people. 

Ha ha, well, he would probably have enjoyed that moment in the film. Actually, in the film, it's 'a boil on the BUTT of humanity,' but just as effective as your father's version. :pb_smile:

If you ever have the chance and are interested, Steel Magnolias is well worth a watch!

2 hours ago, Joyce said:

My younger brother has a daughter, and my mother doesn't complain when she takes care of her. Nobody complains about it. Thank you.

TBH...I'm not sure if I'm either not ready to be  grandmother or I'm not cut out to be one...But I'm not looking forward to having grand-kids at all...

Her newest video is just kind of sad.  She talks about how pretty she used to be.  You can tell she's very fixated with looks.  At one point she says:

We were miserable back then.  When I was young and pretty we were miserable.

I was always expecting him to make me happy.  He didn't.

The entire video is just her talking about how pretty she used to be, and all of her regrets.

When you listen to her, you realize how empty her marriage is.  Her life has revolved around trying to control others.  Her kids are grown and gone, Ken doesn't seem to give a rat's pajamas what happens to her, the church told her to back the hell off, so now she's left with women on the internet (and a lot of them are jumping ship).  She tries to control and shame them like she did her sisters, and Ken, and her kids.  She tries to convince them that she's happy.  She's not very convincing though, and she really sounds a lot more lonely than happy.

I think that's why she likes the videos.  She's lonely, and she's burned so many bridges, who is she going to call?  The "friends" she's gossiped about on her blog?  So she turns on the camera and starts talking.  She gives and advice, talks about her life and her health, and it fills the gap.  Someone to talk to, someone to listen.

If Lori wasn't so damn mean, I think I'd feel really sorry for her.

She sounds like she regrets everything about her younger years...I think she does wish she hadn't been so difficult back then. But how much better is she really? Was "submitting" really the answer? I do feel the message I believe she's trying to convey: don't waste your youth & beauty being vain & ugly to the one you're supposed to love. 

I just don't think she's forgiven herself or him for any heartache each of them delivered. I don't believe she married him because she loved him at all, I think he was a means to an end for her & that's just sad. Biblical or not, who wants to marry someone out of obligation & have to learn to love or respect that person? How unnecessarily hard does that make life? I do want to have compassion for the old bat but she consciously made this bed.... And now she spreads that bitterness around anywhere she can.

That was one depressing video.  I almost feel sorry for her, if she weren't trying to drag other women down with her. She sounds so broken.

She was/is obsessed with her looks (agree with @Koala). She has not embraced the aging process because of Ken maybe, which makes me wonder if Ken isn't so turned on by her and lets her know regularly that she is old and wrinkly; hence, her obsession with yoga pants, thongs, bikinis, short skirts, and low-cut tops, well, pretty much anything that "younger women" may wear. Ken has a wandering eye and makes Lori feel inadequate and insecure. Just so sad.

She said that she is married to Ken and then does a nervous laugh. It was almost as though she forgot his name for a moment. Kind of like, "who's that in the pic? Oh yeah, his name is Ken.He is my husband." Oy.  

So, Alyssa was watching soap operas by the time this pic was taken? Hmm. 

Thanks to that video, I can see/hear that she is one sad woman, and that is one crappy marriage.

So, the kids are wiser than Ken and any other patriarchy husband  because they think that the world revolves around their wishes and have never learnt that he does not need to Always Get His Way.

13 hours ago, KDA said:

Some woman on her FB page has claimed that the quote "Spare the rod spoil the child" is from the Bible. It isn't. It's from a poem written in the 17th century by Samuel Butler. The poem is about a love affair, nothing to do with raising children

The Bible says if you spare the rod you hate your child in Proverbs 13:24. A shepherd's rod was used to guide sheep or to pull them back in line when they wander off.  The shepherd did not beat the sheep with it.  It seems to me, this is saying if you don't guide and teach your child, you hate them (not if you don't beat them).

But I do confess I did occasionally smack my kids on their butt with my hand if they didn't listen to repeated warnings.

I watched the video that someone attached, and it's so sad.  However, I don't see it on facebook.  Was it there originally?  Maybe she was told how pathetic it seemed, so she took it off.  

42 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Today, she is picking on overweight children and blaming their mothers feeding them the wrong food. 

Excuse me while I go vomit. 

She has done this before on the first blog. I also recall Ken once making comments about people living in certain areas(probably low income areas) making their kids fat with fast food and non-organic food.

11 hours ago, freealljs said:

That was one depressing video.  I almost feel sorry for her, if she weren't trying to drag other women down with her. She sounds so broken.

She was/is obsessed with her looks (agree with @Koala). She has not embraced the aging process because of Ken maybe, which makes me wonder if Ken isn't so turned on by her and lets her know regularly that she is old and wrinkly; hence, her obsession with yoga pants, thongs, bikinis, short skirts, and low-cut tops, well, pretty much anything that "younger women" may wear. Ken has a wandering eye and makes Lori feel inadequate and insecure. Just so sad.

She said that she is married to Ken and then does a nervous laugh. It was almost as though she forgot his name for a moment. Kind of like, "who's that in the pic? Oh yeah, his name is Ken.He is my husband." Oy.  

So, Alyssa was watching soap operas by the time this pic was taken? Hmm. 

Thanks to that video, I can see/hear that she is one sad woman, and that is one crappy marriage.

MTE. She is hard to sympathize with because of the things she has said about other women. I think Lori is probably jealous of women in her age group whose husbands embrace getting old with them.

7 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

She has done this before on the first blog. I also recall Ken once making comments about people living in certain areas(probably low income areas) making their kids fat with fast food and non-organic food.

MTE. She is hard to sympathize with because of the things she has said about other women. I think Lori is probably jealous of women in her age group whose husbands embrace getting old with them.

Oh, yes, that fallacy. Because organic food has less calories than non-organic food. Because of magic, I guess? 

My idiot sister-in-law operates under that theory and eats loads of organic junk food. Bad news, moron, potato chips are potato chips regardless. Lay's Classic and Lay's Simply Organic have the EXACT same calories per serving. 

At our house, we rarely have any chips at all, but she is a healthier eater than us and lectures us about it all the time. 

Of course, with a little religion, my sister-in-law could turn into Lori. Just like Lori's answer to all things is Titus 2, her answer to all things is yoga and nutrition. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived