IGNORED

Lori Alexander 14: Environmental Notebook Doodles & Self-Righteous Husband Bashing

1 hour ago, crawfishgirl said:

Seems like Lori is anti-Lady Gaga because Gaga supports equal rights and inclusion - such terrible things in Lori's "I'm a better Christian" world.

Edited to add:  in case you are not aware, Gaga was the halftime performer of the super bowl, which Lori wrote her doodle against.

I figured Lori would be against the Super Bowl halftime show again this year. A few years back when Beyonce performed, Lori blogged about it and bitched for different reasons and modesty was one reason. Lady Gaga has done more good for other people than Lori has. I doubt Lori and Ken ever donate anything to private charities.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Koala said:

I agree with Hisey.  They feed off each other, and some of them are probably just stupid enough to try it.

I do get the thought behind the post though.  When Lori didn't respond to the poster about the feeding tube, my first thought was that she was private messaging her answer so no one would see. 

I operate on the theory that what we see of Lori is what she's willing to put out there.  There is no telling what she does/says when no one is around to contradict or stop her.

I remember once a poster started telling some horror story about her marriage.  Lori deleted all of her comments so they wouldn't "detract from her message" and said she'd email the woman.  I'd bet my last dollar she told her to submit and win him without a word.

Similarly, she recently said that if a wife was submitting, a husband wouldn't want to abuse her in the first place.  That alone tells you that she really thinks abuse victims are to blame for their own abuse.

Kind of random, but the point is, I think Lori probably gives out very dangerous advice when she knows no one can call her on it. 

***SIDE NOTE*** In today's notebook doodle:  

Translation:

I wonder if she ever gets sick of babysitting Ken? 

I think the question would be does Ken ever get sick of babysitting Lori? I mean, this is a woman who is not capable of grabbing a change of clothes and some important documents and driving her own self away when there was a fire in her neighborhood. She had to have her son (or son-in-law, whoever) come get her. Are you kidding me?  I'm not sure how bad the fire was, but she was potentially putting him in danger along with her. A fire can spread rapidly. In the time it took for him to get to her, the fire could have spread and injured them both all because she couldn't get her own butt in the car and leave on her own.

Would she really know what to do in an emergency or would she needlessly put someone else in harm's way because they have to come save her?

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Ken has cheated. Remember his weird rant about how it wouldn't be considered cheating if a woman found her husband with a naked woman sitting on his lap? 

I've always suspected that Ken has cheated on Lori. Lori had posts on the Always Learning blog that hinted at it. I recall Lori saying something about women being at fault if their husbands cheat. I might be getting her confused with another blogger.

3 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I think the question would be does Ken ever get sick of babysitting Lori? I mean, this is a woman who is not capable of grabbing a change of clothes and some important documents and driving her own self away when there was a fire in her neighborhood. She had to have her son (or son-in-law, whoever) come get her. Are you kidding me?  I'm not sure how bad the fire was, but she was potentially putting him in danger along with her. A fire can spread rapidly. In the time it took for him to get to her, the fire could have spread and injured them both all because she couldn't get her own butt in the car and leave on her own.

Would she really know what to do in an emergency or would she needlessly put someone else in harm's way because they have to come save her?

I think Lori grew up incredibly spoiled and I get the feeling that her parents just didn't teach her certain things. I'm not defending Ken, but I wouldn't  blame him, if he got tired of babysitting Lori or having to put up with her not having common sense in difficult situations. I'm sure Lori's kids and their spouses get fed up with her too.

23 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Does she have a driving licence? Not everyone with a brain tumor is a safe driver so conceivably she might have put other people in harm's way even if she drove herself.

I am such I planner that I would probably have a "go-bag" ready at all times if I lived in an area that had frequent natural disasters (hurricanes, fires...) Both of our children live out of state and I have a small bag handy that already contains cosmetics, underclothes, and hair products. That way when we decide to go, I am almost packed. 

Right now I have added two outfits to the bag because we have several family members going through health crises. If/when we need to head out of town, I just have to add my prescription meds and can head out the door. 

When Lori's son-in-law had to come over to rescue her, he was leaving his wife (and child???) home to deal with things without a man. I guess women need their man around unless LORI needs their man around more???? Maybe the fire wasn't impacting her daughter's area, but she was still expecting her daughter's husband to enter a fire zone to take care of her. I still wonder where Ken was during all that. 

Lori and Ken may be crappy parents but still, I'm sure that their adult daughter can handle an hour or two without her husband.

10 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I am such I planner that I would probably have a "go-bag" ready at all times if I lived in an area that had frequent natural disasters (hurricanes, fires...) Both of our children live out of state and I have a small bag handy that already contains cosmetics, underclothes, and hair products. That way when we decide to go, I am almost packed. 

Right now I have added two outfits to the bag because we have several family members going through health crises. If/when we need to head out of town, I just have to add my prescription meds and can head out the door. 

When Lori's son-in-law had to come over to rescue her, he was leaving his wife (and child???) home to deal with things without a man. I guess women need their man around unless LORI needs their man around more???? Maybe the fire wasn't impacting her daughter's area, but she was still expecting her daughter's husband to enter a fire zone to take care of her. I still wonder where Ken was during all that. 

Here in New Mexico because of wildfires and possible evacuations, people are advised to have go-bags and to have important documents stored in fire proof safes or have them ready to take and also to get important medications right away.  My parents has always told us if we to evacuate to pack a duffle bag or suitcase quickly. One of my relatives used to commute to another town 40 miles away and he got stranded because there was a wildfire evacuation where he lived. He had to stay in hotel for a few days there and he had to buy clothes there too. After that he made sure to always have to two or three changes of clothes stored in his car in case he couldn't get back home.

11 hours ago, Pianokeeper said:

I'm in Atlanta and forgot the Superbowl was on. Mr. Pianokeeper told me about the final score, and now I am actually a bit sad for my city.

(See, Lori, my other half doesn't give a rat's ass that the day I try to teach myself to knit is also Superbowl Sunday, and I get so caught up in knit v. purl I forget the existence of the game.  He's cool with me having my own interests, which are allowed to differ from his, and I'm not expected to feign interest.)

Yeah. I read and fed everyone while he watched football and two of the polekittens watched the puppy bowl in another room. I'm not even going to pretend to like football. It's a bunch of big guys running into each other, occasionally patting one another's butts, and apparently sometimes getting their helmets stuck together. I don't get it, and I will never get it. I'm okay with that. I'm happy doing my own thing while Mr. Polecat shouts at the TV. I do enjoy some of the commercials, though.

31 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

She'd never make it where I live. We have tornados, straight line winds, severe thunderstorms .... We can't escape to safety because the danger is all around us. And we have lots of false alarms that can lure you into a false sense of confidence, but you never know which time the sirens are going to go off, giving you mere seconds to get to safety before this happens: 

SUB-ST-LOUIS-1-jumbo.jpg

I'm sure her one-size-fits-all view of life has an answer for it, though. Just call your son or husband to fix it. Because wimmenz stupid brains can't handle it. 

For the record, my husband has to actually leave me when tornados hit because he's a firefighter, and there are people who are in desperate need during these types of storms. Can you imagine me pretending to be an idiotic damsel in distress and demanding he come rescue me? I wonder how long my marriage would last if I pulled that nonsense ... 

14 hours ago, freealljs said:

All, I'm sorry for the rant. Really I am. Guess it was on my chest all this time and I never had a safe forum to vent. Everyone on my FB keeps saying "rise up."

Never apologize for a well-earned rant! Rants are better than throwing things or hitting stupid people.

Sounds like you've been through a lot.  I hope life is getting better for you & your DD.

Lori:

On Saturday morning, I spent four or five hours in my office above listening to the IF:Gathering where hundreds of thousands of women were listening in. 

4 or 5 hours is a long dang time for a woman who claims she doesn't listen to false teachers, and admonishes other women not to waste too much time on the internet.

Lori:

I refuse to listen to false teachers. 

Lori:

We need to be so very careful who we listen to these days. We must not learn from anyone who isn't teaching the Truth of God's Word

Lori:

God is VERY clear that we are not to listen to false teachers, EVER. 

I guess God makes an exception for Godly Older Mentors who are in the market for something to gossip about on their blog.  

Lori:

Did you know it is human nature for women to be lazy and go from house to house? 

I don't know about women in general, but I know that Lori spent 5 hours listening to "false teachers" so she could gossip to her readers about it.

Lori:

When the women left their homes, they could only go to their neighbor’s home. There they would gossip about others and tear their reputations apart. 

Again, Lori is an exception, because she tries to tear reputations apart from the comfort of her own home.  That is totally different.

Lori Alexander:

God wants women to “learn in silence with all subjection” knowing that God created men to be the leaders and teachers because they were created first and women are more easily deceived.

That sentence right there should be enough for Lori to close her blog.  She's an easily deceived woman, and she could be unintentionally leading others astray with her teaching (a job she claims that God reserved for men).  Except when she's claiming that God gave her the gift of teaching.

I figured out long time ago what my gift was...teaching. 

Lori:

IF all women truly understand what “shamefacedness” actually meant: not drawing attention to ourselves, women may not want to be up on stage preaching either. God clearly calls MEN to preach and teach the Word of God. 

Says the woman who constantly reminds her readers that her post went viral.  Says the woman who wrote a book to draw attention to her teachings.  Says the woman who has a Twitter, 2 Facebook accounts, a chat room, Instagram, a blog, and a book- all designed to draw attention to LORI ALEXANDER.

I could go on all day.  Her actions contradict her words.  Her words contradict her words.  

The reality?  Lori is jealous.  She's practically stood on her head to get attention, yet no one ever asks her to speak at these conferences.  Hell, her own church told Ken that she had to keep her mouth closed on church grounds.  

I think it infuriates her that these other women are getting the attention that she thinks she deserves. 

@AmazonGrace Yes, Lori drives.  She was just too busy playing helpless to actually do it.

I opened my front door and a huge cloud of smoke looked to be a block away. I ran inside and called 911. It was busy. I ran across the street to my neighbors and alerted them of the fire. I found out it was about a mile east but that is nothing when the winds are wiping the fire right in line with your home. I had no idea what to do.

My son, Steven, from Texas, told me to call Jon, my son-in-law, and have him come over to be with me in case I needed to evacuate. He showed up shortly afterwards and told me to pack up right away. We needed to get out soon. {The picture above is the one he took as he was coming to get me.}

What to pack? I was paralyzed. I had no idea. Jon told me to get passports, birth certificates, etc. so I did. I went up into my room and grabbed a bit of my lotions, makeup, toothbrush, socks, and clothes. Ken wanted me to take his laptop. 

Her response to the threat of her neighborhood burning down was to say that she had no idea what to do.

Umm, leave?  Not without her makeup, of course! That would just be crazy!

Why doesn't Ken have a blog? Was that ever discussed when he was here? Is it he is just too busy to maintain a blog being the provider and all? 

19 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Why doesn't Ken have a blog? Was that ever discussed when he was here? Is it he is just too busy to maintain a blog being the provider and all? 

Lori's probably home alone a lot and bored witless. Ken works for himself so his work schedule is flexible. I bet Ken is one of those "super helpful" guys who's forever going over to other women's houses to do all those pesky house chores a woman can only do with the help of a Command Man. Even married women need his help!

You know, like:

-Screwing in lightbulbs. 

-Gardening help- planting parsnips or whitewashing the picket fence or plowing through the bean field.

-Adjusting the screen door so it'll stop banging. That'll probably take some nailing and maybe a little more drilling and screwing.

-Plumbing chores- you know, like laying pipe, or roto-rooting.

-Moving furniture.

-We all know it's hard for women to drive all by themselves- I'm sure Ken helps with parallel parking, testing the suspension, and checking the oil.

Why, even the occasional manly kitchen chore- Lori doesn't need help, she only makes Big Salads- shucking the oyster, smacking the salmon, grinding using the mortar and pestle.

So anyway, while Ken's helping the women of the world with their physical chores, Lori's just got to stay home and blog about their souls.

46 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@lawfulevil, you are truly and wickedly living up to your screen name today! :laughing-jumpingpurple:

I firmly agree!  @lawfulevil that list is epicly epic!!!

I'm pretty sure Ken is apt at laying carpet  as well!  

Lori is like, an embodiment of the straw man. All of her posts include things snarkily suggesting that modern women *never* take walks with their husbands, cook food, buy produce, have sex, take care of neighbors or family members, or do puzzles or games with their children or spouses. Those just seem like...Normal human activities? Like, things every normal human does...? Does she really think we just put on immodest, ball busting outfits to dominate men in a corporate law office, then get drunk with our slutty, ball busting friends every night? I've been in sweats for 3 days and I went to the farmer's market yesterday. And I had sex with my husband last night (sorry TMI). And also wrote a paper for publication and an article for my job...Somehow. Oh, and I'm pregnant. So where would I fit in the Lori matrix?! Need to know! 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived