IGNORED

Seewalds 13 - Baby Still Baking

choralcrusader8613

I like these baby names,

Girls: Louise, Rosalee, Ruby Fay, Tracy Ann (my mom's name!), Elizabeth, Diane, Margeret

Boys: Harold, George, Ronald, Theodore, Albert, Jeffery Thomas (my brother's name!), William, 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had a dollar for every baby in the last 4 years (in my world) named 

Evelyn, Vivienne, or Charlotte - I'd have a week's paid vacation. I love the names - but poor kindergarten teachers will have to assign numbers to keep up!

Even though the child's mother is a wench and ex-niece, her daughter's nickname is the cutest thing ever:

Lottie-Dah

Zariah or Zinnia for a girl, I don't care what for a boy.

That doesn't mean I think they will, only that I like the names.

Z names are slightly less commonplace (Zoe/Zoey notwithstanding).

Ok I'm going Aidan James in the hope they learned from Spurg. Since she picked Makiya she's trendy when naming. For a girl Faith Atarah, just to spice it up. 

Never Name your kid after a trendy movie at the time, Especially a Disney one. I know from first hand embarrassment. 

A boy on Feb 9 that will be named Charles Benjamin. 9 pounder and born at home with Jilly present that TLC will pass off as Jill being very involved with her midwife "skills".

2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I want to do a theme with my kids names. *hides*

Nothing too terribly obvious-- English monarchs or Catholic saints. I think there's enough variety in there to not make it ridiculous.

I think naming themes only become ridiculous when you have too damn many kids. One of my friends' parents also did the J  letter theme like the Duggars. But there's only three of them, so they all have lovely names and it's really not even very obvious. Since I'm assuming you're not planning on having 19 kids, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're fine. ;) (So sayeth JillyO, the ultimate authority to decide what is and isn't fine.)

Wiggleworth sounds so much like a Harry Potter name that I hope they chose it. :)

I wanted an old Swedish name that was easy to say in English for Miniway, but one that wasn't trending. Lots of old names coming back in Sweden now. Sadly Mr. Way vetoed my favourite name. But I vetoed most of his suggestions as well. :)

Even though we didn't know the sex we pretty much only talked about boys names while expecting. I was so sure it was a boy and girl names are so much easier. If we ever have a girl I want to name her after my grandmother. Most the names on my list are common in my grandparents generation. 

I know this has been said but if I were Jessa, I'd be massively jealous of Jinger snagging Jeremy. He's much smoother and more charming than Ben (even if it's an act). It's insane how they dove into the marriage with Ben being only 19! Jessa is so stunningly gorgeous, I feel like she could have landed an actual celebrity, maybe a country music star? But she probably considers them all heathens so lol. It just seems wrong how all the girls' husbands are profiting massively off of these marriages, both money and career-wise. 

8 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Our top girl names were Eleanor and Violet. I also love Isabel but my husband wasn't as keen on it. Other ones I would have considered were Charlotte and Amelia.

We could only come up with 2 boy names when I was pregnant - Owen and Henry.  Afterwards I did find a 3rd one I liked - Isaac.

But we're done having kids now. Maybe my next dog will be named Eleanor. Ha!

Eleanor was my grandmother's name.  She passed away at 94 last year.  I'd love to use that name in the future!  Her mother's name was Isabel :) 

They made a mistake using Elliot as a middle name for their first child (clearly overshadowed by the massive mistake of using such a godawful first name !) and ruling it out as an option for any of their future football team of children.

Having checked this list of christian heroes I like these names:

Ten Boom (?!?!)

Moody

Booth

Wilberforce

Bonhoeffer

Liddell

Bunyan

or any of the above with Bob after it, Ten Boom Bob obviously being the best option.

Or a combination of these, eg Liddell Bunyan Seewald or Moody Liddell Seewald.

And Annabelle for a girl, after Sister in law Anna and the concept of beauty.

18 hours ago, luxfilia said:

*snip*

Last names as first name is already very popular (and always has been) where I'm from (southern United States). 

I know 3 little girls with last names as first names - Reynolds, Jennings, and Mills. One of them even has a last name that starts with "S"... It's super cringey to say/hear. 

3 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

I know this has been said but if I were Jessa, I'd be massively jealous of Jinger snagging Jeremy. He's much smoother and more charming than Ben (even if it's an act). It's insane how they dove into the marriage with Ben being only 19! Jessa is so stunningly gorgeous, I feel like she could have landed an actual celebrity, maybe a country music star? But she probably considers them all heathens so lol. It just seems wrong how all the girls' husbands are profiting massively off of these marriages, both money and career-wise. 

girl from the wedding who shall not be named is this you? 

15 hours ago, rexasaurus_nirb said:

Balthazar reminds me of Charmed, specifically Cole Turner's demonic half. Wonder if he'll end up randomly appearing in the reboot. 

I have been thinking that same thing this whole thread! Wanted to see if anyone else picked up on it. 

I had not seen they are making a reboot, will have to look that up. 

There was a book I read weaving actual people from the Mayflower with fictional stories from that time. One of the characters names was "Remember Patience" . Imagine that for a Seewald name!

20 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@eveandadam, using last names as first names has been done here in the US for some time, e.g. Taylor Swift and Harrison Ford.  (Harrison Ford's maternal grandfather was Harry Nidelman.  I imagine "Harry" was the inspiration to name the child Harry.  I don't know whether Mr Nidekman was deceased or not at the time that Harrison was born, but he was Jewish and you don't name babies after living relatives if you're Jewish.)  The practice has become more common since Harrison Ford was born though.

I thought Elsa was already something of a free-standing name, but maybe I'm confused by Joy Adamson naming the orphaned lion cub Elsa after a friend of hers in Vienna.  It's been used as a name of its own in the US for decades.

Elsa is its own name - my Great-Aunt and her mother (my Great-Grandmother) both had Elsa as their first name... Aunt was born in the 1920s, so it's been a first name for a while. Both were born in the states, but my Great-Grandmother was the daughter of German immigrants.

----

As for names, we picked Anna Elisabeth for our newborn daughter. Both names honor members of my family - my dad was thrilled to have a granddaughter with a German inspired name who was named in memory of his favorite Aunt (her middle name was Anna.) Our next child will either be Rebecca Grace (middle name is a family name for me) or Brandon Gerard (one of those is a family name for Husband and the other alludes to two of my family members indirectly.)

7 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I'll go with a boy on Feb. 4 named Calvin Michael. 

Calvin actually seems normal and a good name for a boy. Wish they would use it.  But I have a hunch it's not speshul enough :2wankers:

11 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

My daughter has an old fashioned name (Inspired by a Jane Austen character) but it's not one that's popular now. I put it into the Social Security database to make sure she wouldn't have the same name as every other girl in her school.

Based on all of the pictures of recently born babies in the hallway of my OBGYN office, every baby these days is either named something really old fashioned, like Hazel, or something really fantastical, like Rainbow.

I'm not going to continue the Jane Austen name theme for my kids. If we have a boy he'll be named after my husband's favorite soccer player. If we have another girl or we have a third child that's a second boy we have a gender neutral name we like for either one. My husband has only conceded that I can name one of our kids after Dolly Parton if we have a third girl!

Anyway, I keep thinking that Jessa and Ben are going to abandon this Heroes of the Christian faith name theme either when they have to many kids to continue or when they mature enough to realize that the themed naming of children is goofy. 

Oh I love Jane Austen names! I bet I know what your daughters name is. It's one of two I considered when naming my kids that aren't popular (unlike some Jane Austen character names that are more common like Lydia, Catherine, Anne, Mary, Elizabeth, Eleanor, Jane).

1 hour ago, MotherOfDragons said:

I know 3 little girls with last names as first names - Reynolds, Jennings, and Mills. One of them even has a last name that starts with "S"... It's super cringey to say/hear. 

I have a feeling those little girls go by nicknames. Rey, Jenni, and Millie perhaps?

21 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I just saw a baby in the local newspaper this morning (in the birth section) named Otto and a few weeks ago Karl-Otto, it's on the rise...

I feel your pain: old-fashioned names are becoming so popular, my favorite one was Martha, which is now THE new thing.

My step-nephew is Otto...but it's not common at all, he's the only young one I know of.

I really do agree that theme names are ridiculous. My mother did it with all six of us and it's clear she got a little uninspired by the time she got to me. It also wouldn't be fair of Spurgeon to have an uncommon name with his siblings being normal. It just makes you feel left out. My other five siblings have classical names and I got stuck with a trendy/cutsey one. 

On the subject of names, and silliness, if I somehow manage to have a kid he is getting named Severus- no arguments. 

2 hours ago, nst said:

girl from the wedding who shall not be named is this you? 

(sorry, I still can't figure out how to multi-quote)

:my_biggrin: heh...country music star, did you have someone in mind?  and this...

"It just seems wrong how all the girls' husbands are profiting massively off of these marriages, both money and career-wise."

are we sure this is what happens, or does the money go through JB first?  I can't see Jeremy sitting still for that, perhaps the other two SIL's, but not him...

It just seems to me that Jeremy is more sophisticated.,...despite being a fundie pastor. I hope Jinger has a more varied life and gets to move away from the control of Gothardlike things.

I don't know of course. But Derek is just such a disappointment. Religious zeal should be managed for the best outcomes for health and happiness of those near and dear to the individual. I.e. Jill and future babies (zika)

Someone suggested Ten Boom as a name. As far as Christian heroes go, Corrie Ten Boom is actually a pretty decent one to honor: she wasn't serving some imperialist agenda, she didn't try to convert the people she helped, and it seems like her faith was something that motivated her to do good things, not something that made her (in her eyes) morally superior to others. So if they name a girl Cornelia/Corey, I'm actually pretty down with that. But they also might decide she's not a good one to honor because she didn't TRULY save those Jews by making them turn to Jesus, which would totally make the Nazis back off of them forever! And because the Holocaust wasn't as bad as all the baybeeeezzzz being aborted all the tiem.

Ok, so, I had this epiphany before I went to bed, and the Lord said to me that new baby Seewald would be named Bull Tozer Seewald in the wee hours of January 31st. He shall be 9lbs 9oz, and 21 inches long. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived