IGNORED

Seewalds 13 - Baby Still Baking

choralcrusader8613

I'm going to predict Balthazar if I t's a boy. I think they will go slightly more normal for girl names though. They are the type to go for cutesy girl names and save the 'serious' (albeit crazy) names for boys. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Balthazar is one of the traditional names assigned to one of the Magi.  Caspar (Gaspar, Kaspar) and Melchior are the other two.  This seems appropriate to mention on the Feast of Epiphany.  Balthazar traditionally was said to have brought myrrh to the Christ Child.

But he is the black one. What will win? JB racists ways or Ben's fake tolerance?

I am firmly in the camp of Tozer for a boy. They basically announced it with their instagram posts. No idea for a girl name (since there has been no baseline established :my_angel:)

Hi, new here to FJ, first post :). I agree with Babsi, Tozer is a strong contestant for a boy. Tozzie, Izzie and Spurg. Lovely :my_rolleyes:

Ok, my first prediction ever.  I think they will have a girl, some really weird virtue name like Purity or Obedience (I saw them today in a documentary about Gloriavale, I think they were some other even weirder ones! I forgot them though). I would really like the name to be Faith (love it) but come on,  their son's name is Spurgeon,  that's as speshul-snowflakey as you can get. I think even Heistheway is out of the question, cos the Whites have a child named that and Jessa would not stand not being the unique one. The baby will be born, say, on Feb 1

Hi I joined today too :) *waves*

Jup, what names. I am still somewhat sad that Spurgies first name isn't Elliott...such a cute name. But hey, gotta win the Fundie name competition :D

2 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Hi, new here to FJ, first post :). I agree with Babsi, Tozer is a strong contestant for a boy. Tozzie, Izzie and Spurg. Lovely :my_rolleyes:

More likely Toes, Izzie and Spurg.  :)

I'm thinking February 3rd, 9 pound 4 and I really hope it's a boy named Tozer (is it weird I think of a big, bald, bearded biker when I think of that name?). Really don't want any more girls born to be sister-moms!

3 hours ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

Ok, my first prediction ever.  I think they will have a girl, some really weird virtue name like Purity or Obedience (I saw them today in a documentary about Gloriavale, I think they were some other even weirder ones! I forgot them though). I would really like the name to be Faith (love it) but come on,  their son's name is Spurgeon,  that's as speshul-snowflakey as you can get. I think even Heistheway is out of the question, cos the Whites have a child named that and Jessa would not stand not being the unique one. The baby will be born, say, on Feb 1

Obedience I totally love it 

for a girl or a boy

almost as bad as heistheway

I think it will be anything other than Tozer. Jessa's too savvy to announce in advance when she knows that people are now paying attention. My bet is on a much more conventional name for a boy born on Feb. 1st.

does it make a difference if she carries more all around the stomach still bigger this time opposed to straight out and bigger last time because i think now she is having a girl 

Toes and Spurge. Those poor children...

Did we ever find out for Spurge why his pregnancy nickname was "Baby Quincy"? My guess is that was Jessa's choice for name, but her headship had to flex his headshiping skills and his wife had to prove her meekliness and deal with it. 

2 minutes ago, Casserole said:

Did we ever find out for Spurge why his pregnancy nickname was "Baby Quincy"? My guess is that was Jessa's choice for name, but her headship had to flex his headshiping skills and his wife had to prove her meekliness and deal with it. 

My guess is that it has to do with the fact that George H.W. Bush started calling his son "Quincy" after he was elected to the presidency. 

I've been reading up on Christianity in China lately, and perhaps if Benessa have male twins at some point they could name them Watchman and Witness after Watchman Nee and Witness Lee:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchman_Nee

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witness_Lee

Both men suffered at the hands of  the Chinese government for their beliefs, which would allow Benessa to make a statement about Christian martyrdom and "godless communism." The Chinese House Church movement in general reminds me of the IFB in terms of theology and practice, so Benessa would probably see Watchman Nee and Witness Lee as kindred spirits.

3 hours ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

Or Don't-touch-me-I'm-a-virgin Neaveh Seewald

I thought the Quincy thing was because they were joking about doing a letter theme, but with a crazy letter like Q. It was actually kind of funny-threw a little shade at her parents. 

46 minutes ago, Casserole said:

It was an inside joke between them. They were joking about doing a letter theme like her parents but with the letter Q and Ben was like "the first one can be Quincy!" 

I think they came up with Quincy before they even knew the sex of the baby.

1 hour ago, nst said:

does it make a difference if she carries more all around the stomach still bigger this time opposed to straight out and bigger last time because i think now she is having a girl 

Can't tell anything by the way a woman carries. It's an old wives tale.

1 hour ago, nst said:

The way someone carries is based more on where the placenta attaches, the woman's abdominal muscle strength, and baby's preferred lounging position. The muscles have more than likely weakened/stretched out a bit after Spurge and everything is a bit more "relaxed" 

Do you think Jessa's and Ben's name theme will not be a letter but evangelical/prostestant theorist's names for boys and virtue names for girls?

13 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

If it's a girl, I wonder if they'll go the tryndy route like Alyssa Bates is. 

Ugh, I hope not. I'm not a fan of tryndy names or a fan of nicknames as full names (which has already been argued to death over in the Bates forum, so I'm not trying to start anything with that comment). 

Somehow I don't think they'd choose "Obedience." It seems to me that they're still trying to appear a little bit normal and Obedience just screams patriarchal fundie family.

1 minute ago, princessmahina said:

Ugh, I hope not. I'm not a fan of tryndy names or a fan of nicknames as full names (which has already been argued to death over in the Bates forum, so I'm not trying to start anything with that comment). 

Somehow I don't think they'd choose "Obedience." It seems to me that they're still trying to appear a little bit normal and Obedience just screams patriarchal fundie family.

I really don't like nicknames as full names, either. It's also a trend here in Germany. Currently you hear a lot of baby names like: Mia as a short form for Maria, or Leo/Leon for Leonard, or Lisa/Elisa/Ella/Elsa (frozen) for Elisabeth, Anni for Anna, and so on. But right now a new trend is coming up where parents name their babies really old fashioned / old sounding names like: Martha, Ruth, Charlotte, George, Oscar...

what will come next? nicknames, then old fashioned names, what is next? maybe Jessa and Ben have something going on there: taking last names as first names for babies. This could be new thing.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived