IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and Santa- Part 22

samurai_sarah

God is saying no, and hope He keeps saying no. Just to be clear, I am referring to conception only

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On December 18, 2016 at 11:59 AM, KelseyAnn said:

Oh my God, I had 12 water babies! I loved them to death! Unfortunately my dad threw them all away when our house was condemned and I wasn't able to save them from the mess. 

Please tell me what a water baby is????? 

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

Maybe the surgeon who delivered Izzy took one for the team and removed Jill's uterus in the process, or sterilized her. 

A downvote might have been enough, but I just wanted to say that this type of commentary reaaaally irks me as a pro-choice person. Sterilizing/preventing the fertility of anyone against their will is just as evil as forcing fertility upon them. It really hurts our case against a QF lifestyle to ever say that... how much does that legitimize everything they already think about the evils of birth control and all that? These people we snark on probably check in here sometimes too. 

Not to mention, forced sterilization has a real and recent history. It's kinda jerkish to joke about it for that reason alone.

5 minutes ago, snarkysuki1724 said:

They were dolls popular in the 90's (and maybe other times too, but I wasn't a kid then) that were basically a shell that you filled with water.  When filled, they had more of the weight and feel of a real baby.  Plus they were completely waterproof, so you could wash them easier (probably just bathe them with your kid!), take them swimming, get them messy, etc..  Like a waterbed, in doll form.

Unfortunately, it also meant that you were giving a giant water balloon to small children, so if the plug came loose or the baby popped, a decent quantity of (probably gross stagnant) water went EVERYWHERE.  

5 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

A downvote might have been enough, but I just wanted to say that this type of commentary reaaaally irks me as a pro-choice person. Sterilizing/preventing the fertility of anyone against their will is just as evil as forcing fertility upon them. It really hurts our case against a QF lifestyle to ever say that... how much does that legitimize everything they already think about the evils of birth control and all that? These people we snark on probably check in here sometimes too. 

Not to mention, forced sterilization has a real and recent history. It's kinda jerkish to joke about it for that reason alone.

I took it as a joke not meant to be interpreted literally or actually advocating that practice. 

Re: Water Baby

Whoever wrote that, I spend last night watching videos of water babies and other real life dolls on YouTube. Some of these videos had more than 100.000 views... Creepy! They pee!

I wonder if Derrick isn't missing his old life. Not so much the working part but the hanging out with friends, going to non-rated movies, enjoying Santa Claus and Christmas movies. He seems to have been raised a regular Christian. Maybe anti-abortion but definitely not fundy. Once he married Jill he seemed to try and became more Duggar-like and less Dillard. Maybe there is a little jealousy that his brother lives a non-fundy life, is still seen as a good Christian and married a good Christian woman who was truly living as an adult in he world. In the Duggar world, Dan and his wife wouldn't be considered good Christians, not with all that education, living out in the world and Dan having a working, jean wearing wife that takes pics with Santa. 

On 12/17/2016 at 8:52 PM, BabyBottlePop said:

But I remember at my church we had a nativity set by the altar where Jesus was almost the size of a small baby doll-- maybe the size of a Waterbaby (does anyone remember those?) Anyway a child would be picked to carry the Christ child and place them in the manger Christmas Eve. 

I'm a little late to this discussion, but I wanted to share a fun little tradition my church used to do. The priest (who has since retired) would hide the baby Jesus figure and any kids that wanted to participate would try to find him during the daytime Christmas Eve service, like hide-and-seek. He made it into a game, got the kids involved. This was the same priest who let kids walk around during the service and came in once dressed as the Phantom of the Opera. I miss that guy :pb_lol:

So did anyone else see the few pictures from Dan and Deenas wedding? They even did the garter toss. You can see the Dillard's in the corner with Jilly death gripping dericks Arm. Can't have him looking at that sort of thing.

16 hours ago, Mela99 said:

So did anyone else see the few pictures from Dan and Deenas wedding? They even did the garter toss. You can see the Dillard's in the corner with Jilly death gripping dericks Arm. Can't have him looking at that sort of thing.

I wonder if Derick ever told Jill about dorm life in college... There's a lot worse happening there than taking off a garter. 

On 12/17/2016 at 6:27 PM, Casserole said:

Grew up in a Catholic home with a Lenox porcelain Nativity... definitely decoration only. My step sister's kids have  a Fischer Price Little People Nativity set that is definitely for playing/acting out/imaging whatever scene they want because they're imaginative kids. 

We have a little people Nativity too... But my dog ate one of the wise men last year, lol

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

As sad as being unable to conceive whenever they wish, this is exactly what these fundies who love to talk about "leaving it all up to God" need to experience. God does not always give you what YOU want or desire when you want it.

It's a sad thing when a couple wants to get pregnant, and months go by before it happens (if ever)...so true, sometimes we don't get what we want, we get what we need (who said that?  it was a song...umm...mick jagger?)

wish I had what they've spent on all of the pregnancy tests and ovulation prediction thingers over the years, I'd donate it to some totally unacceptable to fundies cause, like planned parenthood or a women's shelter :my_rolleyes: radical lesbians for Christ, perhaps...

16 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Can someone post them? I don't know where to look. 

Derick made us a little Power Point presentation to show us what they did in Danger America (couched as being 2 years, but in reality, about 12 months). Show off Big White Baby, pose with the natives, build an outhouse. 

I wonder if he put this thing together during last week's mania. I never heard that they were going back after Jill carried a pregnancy to birth in the States (I think that came from a tabloid). All they said to People was that they were TRYING. 

Now, we don't know if they ever intended on going back at all. Who knows what Derick said to his Hispanic compadres at Cross Church last night during the fiesta. If they weren't fired from SOS, they may have to pack up and go back after the New Year. If fired? Well, an announcement with People about a miscarriage before the Jinger wedding dress episode on 1/16 won't be a surprise to those of us who watched him lose it, but if they're still in the States then, there's no excuse. 

UNLESS she's hiding a pregnancy. However, she carried so huge with Izzy since like week 8, I am not so sure this is a viable option. BUT they're really hung up on pregnancy, far more than they should be even for the miscarriage of Jubilee. 

But whose husband would go totally batshit on social media upon finding out his woman was knocked up? I guess one who has to find a living in the States and has no real following to do it? To wit: I think Jill has 1.6 million followers on Instagram. Dullard has half that. Ben has more than Dullard, but I bet Jessa is the social media star (I'm Blessa Blocked, so I can't give numbers). 

My point? No one really gives a shit about these guys. The tween/teen leghumpers want weddings and babies. Men don't do those, except to (sometimes) show up. 

6 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I took it as a joke not meant to be interpreted literally or actually advocating that practice. 

Yeah, but it was kinda nasty and not too funny. And I cannot stand Jill nor Derrick Dullard.

2 hours ago, Mela99 said:

So did anyone else see the few pictures from Dan and Deenas wedding? They even did the garter toss. You can see the Dillard's in the corner with Jilly death gripping dericks Arm. Can't have him looking at that sort of thing

So did anyone else see the few pictures from Dan and Deenas wedding? They even did the garter toss. You can see the Dillard's in the corner with Jilly death gripping dericks Arm. Can't have him looking at that sort of thing

I lol'd so hard at that. She probably did it for the entire reception. I wonder if they left before the dancing. 

4 hours ago, socalrules said:

Once he married Jill he seemed to try and became more Duggar-like and less Dillard. Maybe there is a little jealousy that his brother lives a non-fundy life, is still seen as a good Christian and married a good Christian woman who was truly living as an adult in he world.

Derrick is truly a bafflement. I can tell the one person that walks away mumbleing and shaking his head in a WTH way is his Cathy,his Mom's husband. He always looks like he wants to kick him in the butt and say "Come to your senses, Boy!"

So the kids they claim to be sponsoring were definitely the same kids they asked their followers to sponsor. I remember wondering why they didn't sponsor the kids themselves.

Oh, I forgot in my post, if they stay or if they go: 

DONATE!!!!!!!

eta: My post count title has switched from St. Derick to Jessa. Will I always be a Duggar????

4 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Where are these pics?

So,  they showed pictures, but what exactly did they do?  And the beginning was so condescending as it showed all the 'hardships' they endured, and show how the people travel, shop and live.  And maybe it is just me, but I found the term 'indigenous leaders' really offensive.  Derick definitely sees himself as the great white hope in this scenario.  His interest in these people is not as equals but as people who are less than him, that he deigns to help.  He is the wise and superior white Christian male and he is lowering himself to be with the 'indigenous' peoples who should just be so grateful that he poses in a few pictures with them. 

Their "mission" efforts were all over the board.  I would think that real missionaries are probably more focused on a few measurable and sustainable goals that they work on, rather than what it would seem that Derick has done. And unless he is bringing food or water or medical supplies to those families he is visiting with, I am pretty sure that doesn't count as a ministry.  And stamping a pile of stupid tracts and forcing them on people is also not mission work. 

Honestly, the last 3ish slides bother me the most: "Pray for us!" with barely a mention of the locals. I also am inclined to think the presentation could have used more Spanish terms.

So much wasted privilege and potential with these two... Israel seems to be having an awesome experience though. Doubt they really grasp how special it is for a child to spend formative years abroad. 

16 hours ago, snarkysuki1724 said:

It's like a typical doll, but the body is filled with water. I don't know why. Probably to imitate the weight/feel of a real baby? 

Anyway, they weren't really popular by the time I was old enough to want dolls, like early 200's, but they were still around. 

I don't know if they are anymore, though. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived