IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and Santa- Part 22

samurai_sarah

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I work in the field and while I wouldn't put out an apb on Derrick yet he is starting to tweak my radar for possible emotional or even physical abuse and I never got that feel from him until recently. The anger and control issues are not good signs. He's always been rigid but now I'm sensing it might be in a very dangerous way.

He doesn't have great people skills clearly, and Jill can be a bit much as we know, but someone with control and anger issues might respond very inappropriately when feeling overwhelmed by Jill and other life stressors. These people are not taught any other healthy coping skills not spiritually related or encouraged to seek mental health resources and that concerns me. 

All of this. These people basically live in an echo-chamber. Jill stresses me out within minutes, so I can't imagine living with her lacking social skills that help cope with that.

7 hours ago, socalrules said:

Maybe they are having an early Christmas because Derrick's brother is going to be spending Christmas with his wife's family. Cathy might have a Christmas tree that just isn't in the picture. Maybe Derrick needs to spend more time with his side of the family in order to remember what his life used to be about. It seems that he had hard working parents who likely raised him and his brother to do the same. His brother seems to be just fine working a real job. Derrick seems to have taken on the Duggar work ethic, which is get TLC to pay for it and spend the day making busy work To seem like he is actually doing something. 

Someone could have a Christmas Tree Allergy, It happens :/  ( Kleenex must love me this time of the year) 

I'm pretty sure I've seen a picture of the Dillard boys with a tree in the vicinity. I wish I could remember who posted it, because there is no.fucking.way that I'm scrolling through hundreds and hundreds of pictures trying to find it. 

Given that Dan wasn't baptized until less than two years ago, I think that Cathy was far more lax with the symbols than she may be post-cancer, convinced that God expelled the devil from her body (yes, she tweeted that). I think Dan followed suit once she was in remission, probably more out of gratitude than anything. He was certainly more lax in his relationship with Deena. They definitely kissed before marriage, may have even had sex! Who was with them in California when he proposed???? Not Derick, not Cathy...

Someone could have a Christmas Tree Allergy, It happens :/  ( Kleenex must love me this time of the year) 

This is one of the reason I have an artificial one. The other is the feline headship.

Derick just sounds bitter to me.

The 10 months abroad in CA weren't what he had hoped for, + he gave up his accountant job for this.

And Jill is still not an adult emotionally. She may be able to be a good caregiver for infants and toddlers because that's what she has done for the past 20 years but that is all. Anything else she radiates doesn't scream "adult" to me. Crying because of a noise in the house? Being clingy to the point where she just cannot spent a few hours by herself.

Derick might be well aware that Jill has a "fake" midwife certificate and that they were "fake" missionaries, meaning they weren'T really certified by their church to do this.

He paired the Spurgeon Instagram with this "I am the good guy!" bible tweet this morning. Someone's widdle feewings are butthurt. 

Wow! Has he quoted this to his in-laws too?
He paired the Spurgeon Instagram with this "I am the good guy!" bible tweet this morning. Someone's widdle feewings are butthurt. 

Wow! Has he quoted this to his in-laws too?

16 hours ago, marmalade said:

What I find really strange is that Derick doesn't have the amount of fawning leghumpers that all the other Duggars have. His tweets are mostly met with criticism. I don't see how this would bode well for him as a missionary; a pious asshole is a pious asshole. Unless you hold the same beliefs, would you really want to spend time with this guy to learn about the Lord? 

Geez, even Ben, who seems to be just as pious, but much more laid back, would be preferable. 

Derick claims on one of his recent tweets that he's "womb to tomb." 

I wonder how that works out with the Death Penalty? 

That is still the tomb?

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

Hmmm....if they had a tree pic up, it's been deleted. However, I did find this gem. 

Jill is pregnant again? 

16 hours ago, marmalade said:

"Jesus front and centre, as he should be"

Looks like the sheep is front and centre to me ;) #Pedant

And why does Derrick need a stocking if Santa's not real...........

P.S. @kunoichi66 it's an old pic :) from when she was preggers with Izzy

2 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

"Jesus front and centre, as he should be"

Looks like the sheep is front and centre to me ;) #Pedant

And why does Derrick need a stocking if Santa's not real...........

P.S. @kunoichi66 it's an old pic :) from when she was preggers with Izzy

Ah, I see!  Also I just noticed that she has a bow tied round her middle.

7 hours ago, marmalade said:

Hmmm....if they had a tree pic up, it's been deleted. However, I did find this gem. 

Hahaha. "To: Jill & Derick. From: God."

Also, your son is not Jesus, as implied in your Isaiah quote.

Thought you would enjoy this. It was in our church bulletin. Yes, Duggars, some churches do have a sense of humor, and we also have a woman priest. 

FB_IMG_1482000317145.jpg

AFA the nativity sets: Catholic here, and we had (and I now have) a "display only" creche at my parents' house, with plaster figures and a stable, complete with straw. They may be a bit chipped, but the figurines are intact and with original paint, from 1949, when my parents married.

I had a nativity set that I put on display, and it remained that way until the kids came along. I quickly found out that they would leave the original figurines alone, but they would add their own to the display, so at any given moment, Santa, Batman, Goku, or any of a number of power rangers would also be there, with the angels and the camels.

The cat? He likes to steal Baby Jesus, so he's now glued into the manger.

ETA: My mother would only put the Wise men out on Epiphany. But she took the tree down and packed the Nativity away on Epiphany, so we didn't see much of them. My Wise Men arrive early, and are there now.

31 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Thought you would enjoy this. It was in our church bulletin. Yes, Duggars, some churches do have a sense of humor, and we also have a woman priest. 

FB_IMG_1482000317145.jpg

LOL :D 

When I was still a Christian, we used to have a kids service once a month (which was way more entertaining than grown up church), there was a section based on the popular quiz show "Catchphrase" (may only be a UK thing) which involved a bible picture being unveiled one square at a time. Every time without fail the two younger pastors would sit at the back and heckle "IT'S JESUS ON A DONKEY"

There's a lot to be said for bible based humour. ;) 

Lol, my parents sent out Christmas cards with a similar picture on them one year. One of my grandmas asked if that meant my mom was pregnant :0

She hadn't meant it like that at all, to her it was just a funny Christmas card.

17 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I'm sure the Little People Nativity scene would never be found a Duggar house. Playing with Jesus?!

I'm Catholic and we just had ceramic painted figurines for our nativity set growing up. But I remember at my church we had a nativity set by the altar where Jesus was almost the size of a small baby doll-- maybe the size of a Waterbaby (does anyone remember those?) Anyway a child would be picked to carry the Christ child and place them in the manger Christmas Eve. 

I can't remember why I was present for this-- I was about eleven, maybe they had picked me to carry up the gifts (wafers and wine) and while we were all waiting to go out, the kid who had Jesus dropped him. And his legs broke off. Quickly he was salvaged and they glued him back together after the service. But I'll never forget. When the priest saw how the legs had broken off he made some comment like "He's the son of God, he'll survive."

Oh my God, I had 12 water babies! I loved them to death! Unfortunately my dad threw them all away when our house was condemned and I wasn't able to save them from the mess. 

6 hours ago, kunoichi66 said:

Jill is pregnant again? 

This is an old picture, back when she was pregnant with Israel.

5 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

AFA the nativity sets: Catholic here, and we had (and I now have) a "display only" creche at my parents' house, with plaster figures and a stable, complete with straw. They may be a bit chipped, but the figurines are intact and with original paint, from 1949, when my parents married.

I had a nativity set that I put on display, and it remained that way until the kids came along. I quickly found out that they would leave the original figurines alone, but they would add their own to the display, so at any given moment, Santa, Batman, Goku, or any of a number of power rangers would also be there, with the angels and the camels.

The cat? He likes to steal Baby Jesus, so he's now glued into the manger.

ETA: My mother would only put the Wise men out on Epiphany. But she took the tree down and packed the Nativity away on Epiphany, so we didn't see much of them. My Wise Men arrive early, and are there now.

For some reason, this line is hilarious to me...

Even in that picture of Jill and Derick above, he looks thinner than when the dated.  Me-thinks he was already feeling the pressure of the burden of marrying into the Duggar family.  If this was after Cat-gate,  he had a taste for how quickly he could go from hero to pariah.  And he had to have seen just how unprepared for semi-independence his wife at this point. 

I think Derick may also be a faster.  He may fast to be closer to God, which ironically does work for people but only because they mess themselves up so badly that their brains don't work well and they get delusional.   

I think the worst thing here is that because their religion has a wide swath of crazy that is written off as just more and more passion for their faith,  it takes a long time for true crazy to be noticed.  Derick's radicalization will be seen as more and more righteous and his provocative social media posts will be seen as courageous in the face of popular opinion.  JB will start to care only if it threatens the brand.  In the mean time,  there will be enough people to sing Derick's praises as being a warrior for Christ that it will continue to feed the radical beliefs.    Radicalized religion is the ultimate of circular logic.  First the warn you that non-believers will challenge you, and tell you that more you are attacked for our faith the closer to the truth you are.  Once you buy that basic tenet, you become very resistant to logic or facts.  And the twisted and wrong beliefs just get more and more deeply embedded.    All cults use this simple, but amazingly effective construct.

It was AROUND the time of Catgate, but I think the big storms hit Arkansas after the first of the year, not before Christmas when that stupid "present from God" pic was posted. 

But yes, Catgate was Derick's first real taste of how harsh fame can be if you do something truly despicable, like consciously try to run over animals. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived