IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and Santa- Part 22

samurai_sarah

15 hours ago, goldengrove said:

Yup...meanwhile, they are neglecting the children that they already have.

Even in their own lifes they are probirth, not prolife. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, freedom_for_all said:

That is one grainy photo and weird kiss. I've had first kisses with more passion than that kiss. But maybe I'm just a defrauding harlot

Can someone please wash Derrick's hair? The length doesn't bother me but if you are going to wear it long TAKE CARE OF IT. I'm sure Jill will loan you some shampoo if you ask nicely. :my_biggrin:

If I ever meet a Duggar in real life that's how I'll introduce myself. 

Iamtheway, defrauding harlot. 

heh...nice to meet you...goldengrove, geriatric floozy :D the knees are the last thing to go, JB,  get used to it.

I have a thought here.  I may be totally off base, but maybe we didn't see this kind of rhetoric before* because Derrick was in a place that made him happy?  It's easy to pretend that you are someone you are not when everything is going your way - it's a lot harder to do so when things don't work out.

So he has had a disappointment, and forgot to put his 'mask' on before venturing into the public sphere, so we got the real Derrick.

*yes, he was always a muppet, but this is a new low.

They didn't have to go overseas to do missionary work. There is plenty of work here in the U.S. Charity starts at home. If you can't help your neighbors, then you sure as hell can't help others. I seriously doubt Jill and Derick will ever realize that.

23 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

They didn't have to go overseas to do missionary work. There is plenty of work here in the U.S. Charity starts at home. If you can't help your neighbors, then you sure as hell can't help others. I seriously doubt Jill and Derick will ever realize that.

To be fair they're helping their neighbor's by leaving them alone...

18 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

SO true, I can think of several things they could do right here in my neighborhood:  volunteer at a food bank or hospital, do volunteer chores, drive people who can no longer drive themselves (that's a big one, never enough of these volunteers, the duggars sure as hell have vehicles and time on their hands).

Fayetteville isn't that big a place, looks like it's still very small-townish, but there are a lot of little towns around it, lots of places to do some good...

But we know they aren't going to interact with the great unwashed at all if they can help it (that's everyone but the almighty Duggars, and those who think like them), except to exchange money of course...really funny that they are happy to wear heathen people's used clothing, but they don't want to really engage with us, they  just sneak around the internet and read what we think and say, so they can adjust their scripts accordingly.

Helping at a food bank or driving people are great ideas. I think Derick just wants to convert people to his narrow view of Christianity. No real work involved.

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Helping at a food bank or driving people are great ideas. I think Derick just wants to convert people to his narrow view of Christianity. No real work involved.

I think we have a winner here!

Also, I had another thought - maybe Derrick can see the writing on the wall?  He knows things are starting to come apart, and this realization is putting stress on him, therefore he is getting more self-righteous?

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Agreed, this makes him very dangerous imo...he will get more bitter as he gets older, if he doesn't do something about getting himself back on track...I think this is already affecting Jill, in addition to the big bad whatever it is that has happened that we don't know about, and may not ever...my money's on a miscarriage :my_sad: she seems to have a heavy sadness about her now, I've seen it before...could always be wrong, of course

It couldn't be easy on her in general that Jessa is about to have baby #2....she (Jessa) is so damn smug, bet she is thinking that she is going to bypass all of her sisters (left her brain dead mom in her dust years ago), and take over as queen bee one of these days

6 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

There are other reasons for a D&C that are not related to pregnancy.. I had one for diagnostic purposes.

I had one because of uterine polyps. Those things bleed like hell.

I think counting on would be cancelled in a heartbeat - if Derick actually had the balls to say out loud on tv that he misses his sister in law he never met 

instead they have to go on and on about clothes and shower racks

have they say on twitter and facebook would have them cancelled a lot faster than anything 

Remember when Ben and Jessa would go in wild tangents on their social media? They seemed to STFU once Joshgate hit. This reminds me of that... so, give the Duggars another scandal (maybe two birds in one stone if this continues!) and maybe Derick will STFU too.

What I find really strange is that Derick doesn't have the amount of fawning leghumpers that all the other Duggars have. His tweets are mostly met with criticism. I don't see how this would bode well for him as a missionary; a pious asshole is a pious asshole. Unless you hold the same beliefs, would you really want to spend time with this guy to learn about the Lord? 

Geez, even Ben, who seems to be just as pious, but much more laid back, would be preferable. 

4 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Even in their own lifes they are probirth, not prolife. 

Derick claims on one of his recent tweets that he's "womb to tomb." 

I wonder how that works out with the Death Penalty? 

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

What I find really strange is that Derick doesn't have the amount of fawning leghumpers that all the other Duggars have. His tweets are mostly met with criticism. I don't see how this would bode well for him as a missionary; a pious asshole is a pious asshole. Unless you hold the same beliefs, would you really want to spend time with this guy to learn about the Lord? 

Geez, even Ben, who seems to be just as pious, but much more laid back, would be preferable. 

I honestly believe Derick assumes everyone who criticizes is wrong and easily impressionable. He may even pride himself on voicing "God's truth" on Twitter despite receiving backlash.

I have a question of concern. Does Derrick have access to firearms?  Are we, as a group, concerned that Jill and Izzy could be in danger?  He seems to be rapidly deteriorating and very angry- this very very concerning if he has access to firearms...

I wonder what his mom thinks of his most recent tweets.  Yes I know she is a conservative Christian, but I bet Derick was raised with Santa Claus.   Surely his mom must notice his weight loss and his radicalization.  She has 2 sons, and while I am sure they all had some stars in their eyes over the Duggars at first, I would think she could see the difference between her two sons.  One who lives and works in the world, married a jeans and shorts wearing woman and still is probably a faithful Christian.  The other son, who unwisely married into a cult-like family, left a good job, did some misguided mission work and has seemingly undergone a physical and mental change.  As a mom, I know I would be very concerned if he were my  son.  And I would think his brother would be as well.

36 minutes ago, DaniLouisiana said:

I have a question of concern. Does Derrick have access to firearms?  Are we, as a group, concerned that Jill and Izzy could be in danger?  He seems to be rapidly deteriorating and very angry- this very very concerning if he has access to firearms...

He's in America, of course he has access to firearms.

I don't personally think they are in danger, but if you truly are concerned, perhaps it would be good to err on the side of caution. Maybe there is an advice hotline to call? I'm not aware of any.

43 minutes ago, season of life said:

I honestly believe Derick assumes everyone who criticizes is wrong and easily impressionable. He may even pride himself on voicing "God's truth" on Twitter despite receiving backlash.

Well, that's what his Spurgeon quote (below) certainly bears this out. He's going to take the high road over all of the haterZzzzzzz because he's a better Christian than all other Christians combined! Now, wihle taking the high road is always preferable, in light of all of his other posts this week, and the backlash received, he's really taking a position of superiority using this quote at this time. 

No tree at Cathy's this year. Are those figurines in the Nativity scene big enough to be safe from Izzy? And finally, why an "early Christmas?" I wonder who's traveling? AFAIK, all of their families are local, and both young couples just came back from vacations. Hell, the Dullards' life has been one giant vacation since they came back in August. 

Maybe they are having an early Christmas because Derrick's brother is going to be spending Christmas with his wife's family. Cathy might have a Christmas tree that just isn't in the picture. Maybe Derrick needs to spend more time with his side of the family in order to remember what his life used to be about. It seems that he had hard working parents who likely raised him and his brother to do the same. His brother seems to be just fine working a real job. Derrick seems to have taken on the Duggar work ethic, which is get TLC to pay for it and spend the day making busy work To seem like he is actually doing something. 

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Maybe it goes back to the question of salvation through good works vs salvation through belief.

18 hours ago, freedom_for_all said:

Can't you be a clean hippy? I'm not talking daily showers even, that looks like a week without a hair wash. You can use baby powder as dry shampoo, and I bet they have baby powder in spades. 

Remember when D was in Nepal  they had an interview with him and he said, "Being here in Nepal, I sometimes only wash my hair once a week" or "get a shower once a week" or something along those lines -- in other words, water and bathroom privileges weren't plentiful and he had to rough it so he got himself all scrubbed up because Jill and JB were coming.  So while it was a necessity in that location, it seems like he's the type that likes roughing it -- would love to spend his life in remote places and developing countries and not care about appearance, etc.  Some folks are like that but I don't think his wife is.  The whole "accountant at Walmart" thing just wasn't where his heart is.  She'd probably love to be pregnant so there's a built in excuse to stay near the TTH and not have to go back to CA and he's probably chomping at the bit to go back to CA or somewhere else where he doesn't ever have to put on a tie.

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Well, that's what his Spurgeon quote (below) certainly bears this out. He's going to take the high road over all of the haterZzzzzzz because he's a better Christian than all other Christians combined! Now, wihle taking the high road is always preferable, in light of all of his other posts this week, and the backlash received, he's really taking a position of superiority using this quote at this time. 

No tree at Cathy's this year. Are those figurines in the Nativity scene big enough to be safe from Izzy? And finally, why an "early Christmas?" I wonder who's traveling? AFAIK, all of their families are local, and both young couples just came back from vacations. Hell, the Dullards' life has been one giant vacation since they came back in August. 

If Israel swallows Jesus, that's like the ultimate Eucharist.

But seriously, please keep your Jesus Action Figure playset away from the one-year-old.

20 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Graphic Alert!

As we were going through multiple miscarriages and a reproductive endocrinologist they wanted everything we could get as far as tissues and placenta etc. So when we learned our baby had died at 13 weeks they let me handle it at home. When the cramps and bleeding picked up bad enough, I was most comfortable on the toilet holding a towel to catch. One good push and water broke, and the fetus was lying on the towel. I freaked and ended up in the ER with a hemorrhage. Traumatic wasn't the word for it.  But my situation was unique too.

So, so many hugs to you. I hope it works out the way you want soon. Thanks for sharing your experience.

On the Duggar side of things, at 18 weeks Jubilee would be very easy to find compared to what else is passed during a miscarriage. If she was growing according to schedule, she would be the size of a bell pepper and she'd look very person-like.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived