IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and Santa- Part 22

samurai_sarah

I think a lot of the changes we are seeing in Derick (and by proxy Jill) have a lot to do with the major change to his face. I know that seems like a bit of stretch, but hear me out. I don't know if it's something they would even be entirely conscious of, but Derick used to have a really cute face and a great smile before his jaw surgery. He may have had some physical problems (breathing, eating, etc.) from having a narrow top palate that made him decide to get the surgery, but looks wise he was quite handsome, he had a certain kind charm about him and a sweet nature that seemed to show when he smiled. I don't see that from him anymore since the surgery.

The surgery drastically changed the way he looked and I don't think that what he ended up with is the result he was hoping for at all, and now he's got to live with that. It doesn't look like he has anymore surgeries coming, although, there is a possibility of it as he is still wearing braces. If you look at before photos, his jaw was always actually off kilter, but you couldn't really notice it because his top palate was so narrow on the right side so it kind of balanced everything out. Now that his palate is wider, his face looks extremely lopsided. Anyway, I'm sure all of that's been explained here before, so no more need to elaborate on the details of how his face looks. My point is that changes in a person's face, especially one's that the person doesn't perceive as positive can have profound changes in their confidence and how they interact with people.

It can even be worse for someone who doesn't consider themselves to be concerned with looks. If it bothers them they will keep it to themselves and not talk about it for fear of seeming vain, and the frustration that they feel will manifest in other parts of their life and how they react to things.

I once chipped my front tooth and I had to go almost a year before getting it repaired. It made me really uncomfortable during that time to look at or even talk to people directly because I felt all they could see was my broken tooth. I thought it made me look stupid, and it was just a tiny little chip, but it changed my face enough to really affect me.  

And then there is this from Derick's twitter:

I know this quote is likely meant to mean being careful with your words, but it's interesting that Derick found this passage and it resonated with him enough to post to Twitter.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

Oh my God, I had 12 water babies! I loved them to death! Unfortunately my dad threw them all away when our house was condemned and I wasn't able to save them from the mess. 

Mine got all grungy from being wet (I guess the seal wasn't too good) and my mom threw her away. My kids are definitely getting one someday. 

7 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Thought you would enjoy this. It was in our church bulletin. Yes, Duggars, some churches do have a sense of humor, and we also have a woman priest. 

FB_IMG_1482000317145.jpg

If I were Christian, I would need to attend your church.

@Shadoewolf, that tweet from @The GoodGodAbove is awesome! 

@Pasta, this is to the best of my recollection:  Cat-gate occurred a couple of years ago.  Derick was out sledding with the Duggar kids and almost ran over a cat with his sled.  It was unclear if he actually hit it, but he pointed his sled towards the cat and didn't try to avoid it.  He laughed about it, too.  They though it was funny to run over an innocent animal.

51 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@Pasta, this is to the best of my recollection:  Cat-gate occurred a couple of years ago.  Derick was out sledding with the Duggar kids and almost ran over a cat with his sled.  It was unclear if he actually hit it, but he pointed his sled towards the cat and didn't try to avoid it.  He laughed about it, too.  They though it was funny to run over an innocent animal.

Don't forget, Ben pushed the sled and a girl's voice (consensus is that it was Joy) yells, "Hit it!" Laughter accompanies the event. 

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Yeah, a bunch of them laughed, and Bin gave him a big push, even though he was aimed at the cat :my_dodgy: don't think cookie sheets are that easy to control...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2iob1b

On 12/15/2016 at 9:44 PM, SassyPants said:

I cared for many.many micro preemies (23 weekers) and they all had fused eyes. I have never seen an 18 week fetus. I can not imagine "holding" such. The skin would just slough off.

I hate the Duggars think everyone is as unintelligent and uneducated as themselves.

My sister held her son that she lost at 17 weeks

5 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Hey Derick!

Screenshot_2016-12-18-17-49-38-1.png

Assholes who think that way have religious concerns in the sense that they think refugees are of the "wrong" religion.

@marmalade Wow, I didn't think I could think less of Ben. And now I hate Joy.

Better than I came up with, thanks :) the link that appeared in my email for this video has "taken-by=derickdillard" at the end of it.  He obviously didn't film it himself, so who did, I wonder, then who thought it was a good idea to post it on the internet? No answers, probably, but interesting questions...

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but there's speculation that Jill was supposed to announce a pregnancy during season 3 of Counting On. Compounding with the miscarriage speculation, do you think that it happened when filming wrapped and now the Dillard's are going to need to address it? I can't imagine that the she would be capable of handling anything heavy like that.

Just a friendly reminder of the fun times we had with Joshly's instagram.  It was MONTHS of awesomeness.  Screencap it all and post here because it WILL vanish when he eventually goes too far.  Derick's present musings remind me a lot of Josh as he got his internet legs under him, posting dumber and more offensive things as time went on and his audience grew.

Jill and Derick have said they are trying and that they would stay in the states if Jill does get pregnant. I'm not speculating that she is pregnant or had a miscarriage but it sounds like the trying isn't going as well as they hoped. Not only is this keeping Derick from the mission field but I'm sure that Jill feels devastated each month that it doesn't happen. So neither of them are getting what they want and it is strain on their marriage. This is pure speculation of course. 

I think it is interesting that after spending a day/Christmas celebration with Jill, Derrick, Cathy, and Israel, Deena (Dan's wife) only posted pictures of Izzy and her Dan and Izzy. She's really refreshing in this mix of humans. I appreciate that she is still very religious/conservative/modest but she comes off as "this is my path" not "everyone else is lesser than I and doomed bc we are so godly". She's also gorgeous. Hopefully a good wife, aunt, and influence on the Dillards.

Forgot to mention: she also has a job and lived life as a single adult before getting married. She might have still lived at home (I have no idea) but her experiences (via Instagram) look much more well rounded. Not sure their ages but she seems miles ahead of Jill in maturity. And she wears pants and shorts, which doesn't make you a great person but it also doesn't mean you're living under extreme gender roles and might be less likely to inforce such things on her kids, nieces/nephews, etc

2nd edit- Genuine is the word I was looking for. She and Dan come across much more warm, loving, and genuine than any duggar ever has. 

IMG_4070.PNG

39 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Santa? Doesn't she know he's not real?

We may have discovered who Derrick wrote that tweet for. 
I'm only half-joking, Duggars (and Derrick is a Duggar now) are exactly the kind of people who would get upset by relatives doing things differently and then posting passive aggressive comments "for no one in particular" on social media. 

As sad as being unable to conceive whenever they wish, this is exactly what these fundies who love to talk about "leaving it all up to God" need to experience. God does not always give you what YOU want or desire when you want it.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived