IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and Santa- Part 22

samurai_sarah

She has stockings. Who's going to fill them? Derick Grinch might have something to say about that.

We're having an early Christmas with Wolf 1's family then travelling to Wolf 2.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, nausicaa said:

My take on the whole "pro-life" thing when discussing Jubilee is that they are emphasizing that because life begins at conception, Jubilee in their eyes was a complete person

This just kills me because to me, it's not how developed she was that makes her a person or whatever, it's that she was a wanted pregnancy. Pretending that a 6 week embryo has arms legs eyes and a personality is not necessary to believe your wanted baby has value. I loved my boys from the petri dish to now. In the dish, they clearly were not people yet. People even mourn when they think they are pregnant but it turns out they aren't, and there was NO embryo/fetus/baby to even lose, and that's totally ok. 

The Duggars are stupid for thinking everyone needs to be exactly like them. Some people don't want a pregnancy, some people don't want to continue a pregnancy with a fetus with a terminal diagnosis, why do they think they know what others should do!? AH. I hate them and their ilk. You do you.

3 minutes ago, twinmama said:

So, so many hugs to you. I hope it works out the way you want soon. Thanks for sharing your experience.

On the Duggar side of things, at 18 weeks Jubilee would be very easy to find compared to what else is passed during a miscarriage. If she was growing according to schedule, she would be the size of a bell pepper and she'd look very person-like.

It was back in 2006, just 2 weeks before my ex husband got deployed to Iraq. I've since had my son, and after a miscarriage last year it was decided during emergency surgery that a tubal would be best. We may become foster parents when our oldest leaves for college in 2 years.

2 hours ago, DaniLouisiana said:

I have a question of concern. Does Derrick have access to firearms?  Are we, as a group, concerned that Jill and Izzy could be in danger?  He seems to be rapidly deteriorating and very angry- this very very concerning if he has access to firearms...

Crazy but vague tweets are definitely not enough to go on to know if someone is a danger to them self or others. 

2 hours ago, calimojo said:

Isn't this Israel's second Christmas?

First Christmas in the states. 

I suppose they could be spending the day with Deena's family, but I think they're all local, and could go to multiple places in one day. I know Dan and Cathy are within easy driving distance of the Duggar Compound. 

FWIW, "early Christmas" for me is Christmas Eve, not 8 days out (which is why I assume someone is traveling). YMMV. :D

eta: Given Cathy's statement in her post, I can see her as an anti-tree type these days. I'm surprised they got stockings, although Izzy is too young to realize what he's missing by neglecting to say who magically fills them. 

4 minutes ago, twinmama said:

Crazy but vague tweets are definitely not enough to go on to know if someone is a danger to them self or others. 

That's what I was thinking. Also, he's just toeing the party line. None if the tweets I'm seeing are anything other than fundie garbage. 

47 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

But seriously, please keep your Jesus Action Figure playset away from the one-year-old.

I love this so much. I am going to borrow it, if I may, when in the presence of like-minded heathens.

This raises an earnest question: do people set these scenes up and leave them as decoration, or do they use the figures to act out the story? I have zero experience with these "playsets" and tbh I thought they were exclusive to Catholicism. Obviously not.

15 minutes ago, momofsquid said:

I love this so much. I am going to borrow it, if I may, when in the presence of like-minded heathens.

This raises an earnest question: do people set these scenes up and leave them as decoration, or do they use the figures to act out the story? I have zero experience with these "playsets" and tbh I thought they were exclusive to Catholicism. Obviously not.

Grew up in a Catholic home with a Lenox porcelain Nativity... definitely decoration only. My step sister's kids have  a Fischer Price Little People Nativity set that is definitely for playing/acting out/imaging whatever scene they want because they're imaginative kids. 

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

Well, that's what his Spurgeon quote (below) certainly bears this out. He's going to take the high road over all of the haterZzzzzzz because he's a better Christian than all other Christians combined! Now, wihle taking the high road is always preferable, in light of all of his other posts this week, and the backlash received, he's really taking a position of superiority using this quote at this time. 

I took this post to mean that he's letting us know he's a bigger douche than we think he is. Which would be impressive.

The reason for my concern is my now deceased BIL would say things like Derrick is tweeting. BIL was psychotic and dangerous along with self-medicated. Jill has been very sheltered and probably has no fracking idea of what to do or if she should be concerned.

We have a Lenox one that is decoration, and a lego nativity that is for play.

I grew up playing with the one in our house that was more of a "decor" set, but definitely spent many a Christmas with my green army men and my little ponies running through the stable.

I'm sure the Little People Nativity scene would never be found a Duggar house. Playing with Jesus?!

I'm Catholic and we just had ceramic painted figurines for our nativity set growing up. But I remember at my church we had a nativity set by the altar where Jesus was almost the size of a small baby doll-- maybe the size of a Waterbaby (does anyone remember those?) Anyway a child would be picked to carry the Christ child and place them in the manger Christmas Eve. 

I can't remember why I was present for this-- I was about eleven, maybe they had picked me to carry up the gifts (wafers and wine) and while we were all waiting to go out, the kid who had Jesus dropped him. And his legs broke off. Quickly he was salvaged and they glued him back together after the service. But I'll never forget. When the priest saw how the legs had broken off he made some comment like "He's the son of God, he'll survive."

1 hour ago, twinmama said:

33 minutes ago, DaniLouisiana said:

The reason for my concern is my now deceased BIL would say things like Derrick is tweeting. BIL was psychotic and dangerous along with self-medicated. Jill has been very sheltered and probably has no fracking idea of what to do or if she should be concerned.

I work in the field and while I wouldn't put out an apb on Derrick yet he is starting to tweak my radar for possible emotional or even physical abuse and I never got that feel from him until recently. The anger and control issues are not good signs. He's always been rigid but now I'm sensing it might be in a very dangerous way.

He doesn't have great people skills clearly, and Jill can be a bit much as we know, but someone with control and anger issues might respond very inappropriately when feeling overwhelmed by Jill and other life stressors. These people are not taught any other healthy coping skills not spiritually related or encouraged to seek mental health resources and that concerns me. 

This exactly!!! He is tweaking my spidey senses! Jill can be a handful, but she has no coping or life skills. I don't know if she has enough sense or sense of self preservation to call someone if she needs help. Free Jinger forgive me, but I hope they're staying at the house with family. 

Regarding the early Christmas post, I know each family celebrates in a different way, with different traditions. When my Mom was growing up, they left the house shortly after presents were opened, to spend Christmas at her grandparents. My Mom promised herself and my Dad (years later) that when she had kids, this wouldn't happen to them. We did Christmas with my Dad's side, usually at our house, since both of his siblings lived about an hour and half away in different directions, typically on the Sunday before Christmas, but sometimes on the Sunday after. We spent Christmas Eve with my Mom's side at Grandma's house. Christmas Day was spent with my immediate family, so we could relax and enjoy our Christmas presents. Mom usually cooked a good meal, and Mom's parent's would usually come to see our presents. I know this is a decision new families have to make- how to split up the holidays. It could be Cathy's decision to have Christmas the weekend before, so she could enjoy her children and grandchildren (I'm sure there will be more in future years) instead of having Derek and Jill rush off to split the holiday with others. I know of other families that alternate Christmas and Thanksgiving with each side (go to husband's family for Thanksgiving and wife's for Christmas, then reverse the visits the next year).

3 minutes ago, DaniLouisiana said:

This exactly!!! He is tweaking my spidey senses! Jill can be a handful, but she has no coping or life skills. I don't know if she has enough sense or sense of self preservation to call someone if she needs help. Free Jinger forgive me, but I hope they're staying at the house with family. 

That's exactly it. My spidey sense is blaring that something is wrong and Jill is taught that she must always stick with and obey her husband. 

6 minutes ago, DaniLouisiana said:

If there were a serious problem, would Jim Bob and Michelle help Jill? Or would they send her (or Derrick) to Jesus Jail as Josh was sent, and counsel Jill that it was her fault and she needs to be a better wife, as they seemed to do with Anna.

Even if its "Jesus Jail" he would be away from Jill and the baby-maybe a "break" would help his headspace. I just don't want to see Jill and Izzy on CNN as a holiday casualty.

23 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

Th

24 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

The anger and control issues are not good signs. He's always been rigid but now I'm sensing it might be in a very dangerous way.

I'm not as in the loop as some of you -- I get the control thing, but where has anger been seen?

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I took this post to mean that he's letting us know he's a bigger douche than we think he is. Which would be impressive.

He paired the Spurgeon Instagram with this "I am the good guy!" bible tweet this morning. Someone's widdle feewings are butthurt. 

I can actually empathize with Derick, here. I've been back in the U.S. a few months after spending a year abroad working in a (real) church (and doing real work... what?), and it's hard readjusting. You're not automatically "special" for being American any more; you don't have the same sense of cultural discovery or the same amount of pride for figuring out how to navigate something new; your work might not feel as exciting or as urgent. I've definitely been in a slump since coming back.

This, of course, does NOT give Derick the excuse for acting out the way he is on social media - WTH is that, man? Nor should it mean he should prioritize his need for adventure over the apparently opposite needs of his wife and child. You can deal with disappointment in a mature way. But, based on my own anecdotal evidence, I think those who have suggested Derick IS disappointed or depressed could be spot on. And if he doesn't have an acceptable outlet to vent those feelings (i.e., not the wife who seems so desperate to stay in the U.S.), they might emerge in inappropriate ways.

35 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

That's exactly it. My spidey sense is blaring that something is wrong and Jill is taught that she must always stick with and obey her husband. 

They have that ridiculous "covenant marriage." I don't think emotional abuse, which could possibly in play here, is a condition for leaving the guy (and we don't know how he's treating her, IRL). However, I think he has to physically abuse her before she can take any action. And even then, she might just keep her mouth shut, because that's what she's been trained to do. 

But Derick's the GOOD guy in all this! Everyone else is EVIL and of the DEVIL! Look at my post count title. It's Derick Fucking Dillard! :D

With regard to nativities, my family has a set that was made by my great-grandpa, though most of the figurines unfortunately got broken by little hands. We also had an Advent calendar with the cast of characters from the Nativity having velcro so we could stick them on their place in the story. It was really cute. :)

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

He paired the Spurgeon Instagram with this "I am the good guy!" bible tweet this morning. Someone's widdle feewings are butthurt. 

Hi ya Derick!  Since you are reading here take the time to read what Jesus had to say about the Pharisees and wolves in sheeps clothing.  If you struggle with the KJV you might ask your brother in law Jeremy for a NIV Bible many find it easier to understand.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived