IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and Santa- Part 22

samurai_sarah

46 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

There was no one advising Michelle that she should terminate that pregnancy for any medical reason,

The only thing I can possibly see is that I think Jubilee had already died in the womb and Michelle didn't have a D&C, she waited around at home to pass the baby. Are pro-lifers against D&C's for no longer living fetuses though? I have no idea. Seems there's no life left to be pro in that sad situation.

I just hate that any of them use Jubilee as a political tool. She was a wanted baby, just remember her for who she was. Something along the lines of "she was always kicking at night while I tried to sleep" or some sweet pregnancy memory.

2 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I really need to someone to give me a sufficient explanation for  the "my wife's foot" thing before it becomes my "if it weren't for my horse I wouldn't have spent that year in college." 

Jill and Jubilee have similar feet? That ridiculous, but anything is possible from Derrick. But why not use the word "feet" then? 

A typo? What other word was he going for? 

Some Biblical reference?

I really think he was going for the old "oh the baby is so cute, she has your eyes" but the only things he's seen of her are the picture of her hand and the picture of her foot, so he's stuck with "Oh she had Jill's foot."

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

A typo? What other word was he going for? 

Hand, probably. Don't know why he typed foot when clearly what's being held is a hand, though.

7 minutes ago, twinmama said:

Are pro-lifers against D&C's for no longer living fetuses though? I have no idea. Seems there's no life left to be pro in that sad situation.

An acquaintance of mine really struggled with having a D&C after an incomplete miscarriage because even though it did not per se conflict with her views on abortion (because the fetus had already died,) she was afraid it might be unethical to have a procedure that in her view was akin to an abortion in technique. It was more about the principle of the thing than any actual destruction of fetal life.

She ended up having the procedure after being talked to by some ladies in her church, who were equally pro-life but did not see any conflict because the fetus had already died.

So all this to say, I think it varies?

Just now, Mercer said:

An acquaintance of mine really struggled with having a D&C after an incomplete miscarriage because even though it did not per se conflict with her views on abortion (because the fetus had already died,) she was afraid it might be unethical to have a procedure that in her view was akin to an abortion in technique. It was more about the principle of the thing than any actual destruction of fetal life.

She ended up having the procedure after being talked to by some ladies in her church, who were equally pro-life but did not see any conflict because the fetus had already died.

So all this to say, I think it varies?

Gotcha. Sad to have that anti-choice rhetoric in your head during such a sad time (loss of a wanted pregnancy). Nothing like religion to add a little more shit to an already shitty situation.

40 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Some Biblical reference?

The only biblical reference I'm aware of would be the use of "feet" as a euphemism for genitalia, which I'm sure is not applicable to this situation. 

My guess is it boils down to something as simple as: Derrick wanted to point to some shared feature between Jill and Jubilee, but since he did not actually see Jubilee's remains in person like the family did, all he has to go on are pictures that primarily show her hands and feet. An infant/fetal hand is quite different than an adult hand, so he probably figured a foot is pretty much just a foot so it's a safe point of comparison.

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

The shameless way the Duggars and Duggars-in-law exploit Jubilee's death for attention drives me crazy.

It's absolutely natural to grieve the loss of a wanted pregnancy at any stage of development, but trotting her out as an anti-choice symbol whenever things are getting too dull doesn't treat her like she was a person, it treats her like just an object to be used for their own gain. Even her damn funeral eulogy was an attempted jab at pro-choice people rather than a sincere goodbye to a lost infant.

He definitely belongs to the type of Christians mentioned in this article  . It's like he wants to come across as assholy as possible  (and now I'm seeing asses but I didn't know how to word it differently ) while at the same time not noticing it because he lives in a religious bubble that tells him he's being incredibly Christian .

Going through both their Twitters at the same time and I noticed that December 13th was their "rough day" according to Jill, and at the same time Derick tweeted an "Amen!" to another Twitter post stating "Some of us may have been born wanting to be married, but none of us were born ready to be married." and a "Modest is hottest." to a "Modest clothing draws the eye — not to the outer body — but to the light of Christ within." Are they okay?

Maybe the foot comment was a mistake and he meant something like Jubilee always being by Jill's hand or heart, like some sort of angel. Who knows. 

Him calling Jubilee his sister in law to me is just weird. I know he's right if you want to get all technical... But still. 

Where is J'Caleb in all this? Why are they never mentioned? You would think J'Caleb would be trotted out as much as Jubilee is, especially because J'Caleb brought the Duggars in part to the life they have now.

My speculation bus: I think that Jill and Derick suffered a miscarriage and posting about Jubilee is how they are Mourning. Miscarriage can be very difficult on couples so maybe the miscarriage has caused some strain on their marriage giving them a little bit of the crazy gene. Just my thought.

3 minutes ago, Pasta said:

My speculation bus: I think that Jill and Derick suffered a miscarriage and posting about Jubilee is how they are Mourning. Miscarriage can be very difficult on couples so maybe the miscarriage has caused some strain on their marriage giving them a little bit of the crazy gene. Just my thought.

I have the feeling that they aren't the kind to keep a miscarriage to themselves since they announced Izzie so early. Maybe my migraine talking, so sorry if the logic isn't follow able. 

Here's another reason why these people latch onto pro-life rhetoric and how Jubilee might be "more valuable dead than alive"*, as @Mercer put it.

For many, the concept of something is more appealing than the thing itself. Even in non-fundie circles, a fetus unborn child is typically seen as a seed of potential, which, if gone untapped, spawns a natural reaction fro people to mentally fill the void. We tend to project and fantasize in the wake of grief as a coping mechanism (hence Jill's assertion that Jubilee had blue eyes). In case no one's been to one, a funeral for a baby -- even one who made it to infancy -- is extraordinarily depressing because, in addition to the grieving parents, you can't really talk about who the baby was as a person because it never got to express itself or, frankly, screw up. Therefore, it's easy to revere a dead baby as something mystical and spiritually perfect; while that's completely reasonable for personal comfort, it's evidently also used to promote agendas. As Jubilee did not get to assert herself as an individual, she also did not get the chance to deviate from the Duggars' prescribed lifestyle. Had she been born and lived a full life, she could have publicly left the faith or turned out gay for all we know. Putting the unborn on a pedestal is convenient because they can be anything their ward(s) want them to be.

*NOT to say that the Duggars cannot mourn Jubilee, though I don't think that's something anyone's trying to insinuate. It's just worth pointing out the problematic elements of the situation and their existing principles.

3 hours ago, twinmama said:

The only thing I can possibly see is that I think Jubilee had already died in the womb and Michelle didn't have a D&C, she waited around at home to pass the baby. Are pro-lifers against D&C's for no longer living fetuses though? I have no idea. Seems there's no life left to be pro in that sad situation.

I just hate that any of them use Jubilee as a political tool. She was a wanted baby, just remember her for who she was. Something along the lines of "she was always kicking at night while I tried to sleep" or some sweet pregnancy memory.

I really think he was going for the old "oh the baby is so cute, she has your eyes" but the only things he's seen of her are the picture of her hand and the picture of her foot, so he's stuck with "Oh she had Jill's foot."

I think you figured it out. Like i know we aren't supposed to armchair diagnose on this board but that is a very autism spectrum level comment. Not saying he is. But that type of literal thinking and not understanding the concept of the saying is pretty significant.

So... has it ever been confirmed that someone in the Dillard family has a massive foot fetish, because I feel like they're really into the whole toenail painting thing, barefoot wedding, and now he's shitposting about Jill's feet? Billy Gothard would be so proud :')

Also, #besthubbyever more like has #besthubbyEVER managed to land a kiss on Jill's actual lips? A LITTLE LOWER, DUDE!

Surely after being married for over 2 years they would have learnt how to kiss on the lips by now?  Or even ...gasp...known that you're allowed to open your lips?

2 hours ago, Stormy said:

*NOT to say that the Duggars cannot mourn Jubilee, though I don't think that's something anyone's trying to insinuate. It's just worth pointing out the problematic elements of the situation and their existing principles.

Yeah, it's not that they shouldn't mourn Jubilee.

If Derrick had said something along the lines of "We are thinking about and missing Jubilee. I wish I had gotten a chance to meet her. She will always be in our hearts..." I would not snark on that at all because a stillbirth or miscarriage is a deeply sad event that can cause ripples throughout the whole family, and it's normal and healthy to grieve.

The issue for me is that they always seem compelled to add some sort of anti-abortion political spin to anything they say about her. Even though her death had nothing to do with abortion, every time her name is mentioned, there's a good chance it's to make some kind of pro-life point. Even at her own funeral, it couldn't be just about her, there had to be an anti-choice agenda. 

My problem with it isn't them expressing sorrow about Jubilee, it's that it seems like they don't unless there's some kind of political motivation behind it. For all they talk about unborn fetuses being people, they don't seem to see Jubilee as one, they act like she's some kind of bizarre object lesson rather than a real family member.

7 minutes ago, Karma said:

Surely after being married for over 2 years they would have learnt how to kiss on the lips by now?  Or even ...gasp...known that you're allowed to open your lips?

Probably it's all Jill knows, don't Jim Blob and Meechelle and the rest of 'em kiss like that as well?  Only Jeremy knows how to do it right...

Thou shall not exchangeth spit.

:P hi Jill

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

For all they talk about unborn fetuses being people, they don't seem to see Jubilee as one, they act like she's some kind of bizarre object lesson rather than a real family member.

Exactly. Everything that happens to them is either a test or lesson from God to teach them something.

2 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Exactly. Everything that happens to them is either a test or lesson from God to teach them something.

Yup...meanwhile, they are neglecting the children that they already have.

4 hours ago, twinmama said:

Graphic alert...

I was with someone where a miscarriage happened unexpectedly.  Out of nowhere she started cramping very bad and just gushing blood, for hours. I mean everywhere. I won't go into any more detail than that, but let's just say, I cannot imagine how one would go about "recovering" a fetus in that situation. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived