samurai_sarah

7 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Agreed. Not sure why Jinger's wedding is being seen as "not her" or not intimate somehow. Just because someone might like decorating or have put more thought or money into her wedding theme doesn't mean that wedding is insincere or more about marketing one's family and isn't a celebration of one and one's spouse.

I guess it's hard to tell because we really haven't seen much of Jinger's personality to begin with. I seem to recall she's into fashion, so that might have something to do with it. It's just hard to imagine that's someone's idea of a "small intimate wedding with friends and family" means a huge picture-perfect, fairytale wedding with 1000+ people.  I don't know about you, but I would find it hard to personally mingle and talk to that many people at my wedding. Maybe we will have more insight in the planning episodes, who knows. 

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who liked Jill's wedding dress?  I think I liked it more than all the others.  It could have fit her a bit better (none of that modesty crap) but otherwise was lovely.  Her BM dresses were awful though.  They were the worst of the bunch and particularly because of the shoes. 

2 hours ago, Avalondaughter said:

Am I the only one who liked Jill's wedding dress?  I think I liked it more than all the others.  It could have fit her a bit better (none of that modesty crap) but otherwise was lovely.  Her BM dresses were awful though.  They were the worst of the bunch and particularly because of the shoes. 

I actually liked it also.  I cringe at my wedding photos from 2005... I had just turned 20, and wore a spaghetti strap dress.  I wish I had chosen something a little more "modest" and classic.  Oh well.

I liked her dress. When I was in the planning stages of my wedding (got married a week after Jill), I actually had the dress she picked as my top choice. I went in another direction, but I do love that dress.

On 12/11/2016 at 10:42 PM, nst said:

she doesn't deserve the bad life she has - but is still involved in the aspect and evolution of it 

clearly i don't express anger well at these two - anna makes me a bit nutty with how she handles herself 

I think I get what you are raging on, Anna at 20 years old marrying that jackass can't be blamed for that choice, I'm not sure she had much of a choice or was made to feel she didn't have much of a choice. However, over the last 9 years and 4 kids and learning what a pig he is, she's purposely allowing her children to stay in this cult and marriage of misery. She did have an option of going to live with her brother. While we don't know what dirty tricks Boob pulled to keep her at the TTH but she made the choice to stay.  She doesn't look happy now that he is back, and the longer he is back the less happy she looks.  I'm not going to speculate on what Josh's thoughts are on this cult and his life, but if he wants any redemption he will divorce Anna, go out and get a job, or have a book written on the cult of the Duggardom to support his ex wife and their 4 kids while Anna gets some education and finds a job to help herself and her kids.  This marriage was doomed from the start and for everyone involved ending it is best for all involved.  I say this as a child of 2 parents who HATED each other, and growing up in a house with 2 miserable people who did nothing but fight was NOT a good, and left their 3 kids with all kinds of issues will into adult hood. 

5 hours ago, Avalondaughter said:

Of the 4 weddings I liked Jinger's dress the best, Jessa's was pretty and very Jessa, I liked Jill's too, it fit her personality, and I thought it was just plain old pretty. Poor Anna, the dress wasn't only her sisters it had a very badly/obvious modesty panel sewn into it. It was a plain dress that could have been pretty had it been made by a professional seamstress or even a good seamstress. But I thought her bridesmaids dresses were the prettiest of the 4, and I thought Jessa's were the worst, it was like she shen ewnt for the cheapest ugliest things she could find. 

24 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think I get what you are raging on, Anna at 20 years old marrying that jackass can't be blamed for that choice, I'm not sure she had much of a choice or was made to feel she didn't have much of a choice. However, over the last 9 years and 4 kids and learning what a pig he is, she's purposely allowing her children to stay in this cult and marriage of misery. She did have an option of going to live with her brother. While we don't know what dirty tricks Boob pulled to keep her at the TTH but she made the choice to stay.  She doesn't look happy now that he is back, and the longer he is back the less happy she looks.  I'm not going to speculate on what Josh's thoughts are on this cult and his life, but if he wants any redemption he will divorce Anna, go out and get a job, or have a book written on the cult of the Duggardom to support his ex wife and their 4 kids while Anna gets some education and finds a job to help herself and her kids.  This marriage was doomed from the start and for everyone involved ending it is best for all involved.  I say this as a child of 2 parents who HATED each other, and growing up in a house with 2 miserable people who did nothing but fight was NOT a good, and left their 3 kids with all kinds of issues will into adult hood. 

I co-sign every word of this.  Well said.

40 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

This marriage was doomed from the start and for everyone involved ending it is best for all involved.  I say this as a child of 2 parents who HATED each other, and growing up in a house with 2 miserable people who did nothing but fight was NOT a good, and left their 3 kids with all kinds of issues will into adult hood. 

It's terrible what parents do to kids. 

Anna probably went into the marriage with a job she didn't know she had, fix/distract Josh from his problems. The same way some children are unfairly born with a job; fix the parents mariage. My "parents" hated each other more than they cared for our well being. They divorced and carried on with the nonsense of openly ruining any chance of happiness in our childhood. As an adult I made a much better life despite them, it took a lot of emotional hard work to get where I am. I couldn't wait to leave, I looked forward to it and they made it easy. Neither of my brothers escaped the childhood ruin. 

Anna looks forward to making it work more likely. She's not strong willed or courageous enough to make a stand if she hasn't yet with what she knows. That makes me equal parts angry and sad. Anger at all the complicit adults and sad for the kids.

Anna probably doesn't realize that loving someone else is an option. She'll be stuck in this terrible marriage until Josh divorces her, which really is the best thing that could happen.

My parents hated eachother. I felt like all my childhood anxiety lifted when they finally split up.

I don't think Anna knew about the molestation when she married. I don't doubt she went into it thinking she was marrying a godly man and they would have the perfect Christian marriage. She did everything exactly as she was raised to and appeared to reap the benefits. Money, nice house and a husband with a big "important" job at the hate group. Then the bottom dropped out.

I am not shocked she stays in the marriage. She was raised to be a wife and mother. She has no education or way of supporting herself and she likely doesn't want to go back to living in the conditions she grew up in. If she leaves , child support will likely be low because it's income based and his income is what Jim Bob decides to give Josh which I am sure is under the table and the bare minimum. It's hard for well-educated, gainfully employed adults, raised with normal mindsets, to leave marriages where they have just grown apart and don't have the Duggar issues.

Imagine how hard it is for Anna. Look at it through her mindset. How would she support herself? She has no education, skills or work history. A tell-all book? That would really be seen as trashy and that would not be healthy for her kids to see mommy attacking people they love. She likely doesn't want to be seen as a burden to anyone else, including her siblings. Plus, I believe she loves the Duggars and Josh and I do believe she enjoys being part of the family. I think she believes staying is actually doing right by her kids. 

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

We're not really sure whether this was a legitimate offer though. Sure he did make a facebook post about this, but we don't know anything about the living situation Anna and her kids would have ended up in had she chosen to go and live with her brother. Maybe it would have been worse off, maybe he would have been controlling or not as generous as he claimed to be in his facebook post. Perhaps they would have worn out their welcome quickly and he would have withdrawn his support. Or perhaps it was just a public post that he made to seem like the good guy but he didn't really mean that he wanted to support his sister and four kids.

I don't think Anna has ever for one moment thought that leaving was an option. I do think she loves Josh very much, and thought she had a picture perfect marriage, and no doubt was devastated by the betrayal. But based on the interview she gave, I think she sees herself as Josh's saviour, and that this situation they are "walking through" is simply God's way of testing her faith and that she is strong enough to pass the test.

10 hours ago, socalrules said:

I don't think Anna knew about the molestation when she married. I don't doubt she went into it thinking she was marrying a godly man and they would have the perfect Christian marriage. She did everything exactly as she was raised to and appeared to reap the benefits. Money, nice house and a husband with a big "important" job at the hate group. Then the bottom dropped out.

I am not shocked she stays in the marriage. She was raised to be a wife and mother. She has no education or way of supporting herself and she likely doesn't want to go back to living in the conditions she grew up in. If she leaves , child support will likely be low because it's income based and his income is what Jim Bob decides to give Josh which I am sure is under the table and the bare minimum. It's hard for well-educated, gainfully employed adults, raised with normal mindsets, to leave marriages where they have just grown apart and don't have the Duggar issues.

Imagine how hard it is for Anna. Look at it through her mindset. How would she support herself? She has no education, skills or work history. A tell-all book? That would really be seen as trashy and that would not be healthy for her kids to see mommy attacking people they love. She likely doesn't want to be seen as a burden to anyone else, including her siblings. Plus, I believe she loves the Duggars and Josh and I do believe she enjoys being part of the family. I think she believes staying is actually doing right by her kids. 

And on top of that, she likely feels her very soul and the souls of her children depend on her staying in this relationship, for a multitude of reasons. We often focus on the everyday logistics of how the Duggars live, but I know that when you truly believe in an afterlife-- that there are strict rules determining whether you burn forever or live in a perfect place forever-- that can be a crippling force. These people aren't playing a game. They take their beliefs as seriously as we make fun of them.

A little late to the thread drift but when Pokemon go released this summer in my area we had Pokemon themed STD check billboards that said "You don't have to catch them all!"

20 hours ago, socalrules said:

Anna has a lot more to lose by leaving Josh than him and her image as the perfect Christian wife. It's apparent that she's super close with her sisters-in-law, and likely has a close bond with the younger kids as well. She would lose her whole life if she were to through with a divorce.

Anna has a lot more to lose by leaving Josh than him and her image as the perfect Christian wife. It's apparent that she's super close with her sisters-in-law, and likely has a close bond with the younger kids as well. She would lose her whole life if she were to through with a divorce.

My heart does go out to Anna with all of this. From what I can tell she is a genuinely sweet lady with a big heart and good intentions. Maybe I'm sounding like a leg humper but still.

37 minutes ago, freedom_for_all said:

My heart does go out to Anna with all of this. From what I can tell she is a genuinely sweet lady with a big heart and good intentions. Maybe I'm sounding like a leg humper but still.

I think a lot of us feel sympaty for Anna. She really is trapped in a pretty hopeless situation. 

It's easy to look in from the outside and think that she should just leave him. But she would have nothing, except four children that she has no way to support. 

Also, no one deserves the treatment she got from Josh. 

I agree, it is a tough spot.  I sort of wish that she had stayed with the Duggars, since at least she would get help with the kids, but that Josh had been left on his own.  He could live away and have some supervised visitation.  They could remain married, but he would not be around all the time.  I know that is not a great option either, but at least Anna wouldn't have to sleep with this man whenever he was in the mood, and cater to him non-stop. 

I still think Anna views Josh as a God-given gift, an amazing answer to a prayer, and it would be the height of sin and blasphemy to turn her back. 

Anna's not going anywhere, unless she gets a serious break from these people to open her eyes, which I can't see Jimbob allowing. Anna's terrified of breaking her vow to God.

33 minutes ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

It's about time for her to have a blessing in utero  to prove all the naysayers wrong.

Schroedinger's Uterus!

That said, The Smuggar Family is laying low and has been for over a year, with only bits of it gleaned from DFO, J'adults, and TFDW. No new uploads on Instagram. I am also curious if M5 is cooking... there haven't been many recent pictures of her, have there? Meh, Imma just Schroedinger's Uterus this chick. She's earned it.

I must say, I'm starting to miss Josh, if only for his wife and the snark value. However, I firmly believe this mild form of damnatio memoriae is absolutely befitting to his multiple transgressions. I'm also deeply grateful he is no longer able to spread his vile beliefs through politics ever again. But damn, I miss Anna updates.

Considering no one involved in the Circus wants anyone to think about what Josh or his dick might be doing, I doubt they would announce a pregnancy until close to due date; maybe not even announce anything until after the birth.

On 12/26/2016 at 5:11 AM, socalrules said:

I don't think Anna knew about the molestation when she married. 

Anna has said on the show that Josh did tell her about his "past sins" while courting and her initial reaction was "why are you telling me this??" Which I found to be a very bizarre answer. 

Not sure if that's just the show covering the Duggar's tracks tho. 

10 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

Schroedinger's Uterus!

That said, The Smuggar Family is laying low and has been for over a year, with only bits of it gleaned from DFO, J'adults, and TFDW. No new uploads on Instagram. I am also curious if M5 is cooking... there haven't been many recent pictures of her, have there? Meh, Imma just Schroedinger's Uterus this chick. She's earned it.

I must say, I'm starting to miss Josh, if only for his wife and the snark value. However, I firmly believe this mild form of damnatio memoriae is absolutely befitting to his multiple transgressions. I'm also deeply grateful he is no longer able to spread his vile beliefs through politics ever again. But damn, I miss Anna updates.

Considering no one involved in the Circus wants anyone to think about what Josh or his dick might be doing, I doubt they would announce a pregnancy until close to due date; maybe not even announce anything until after the birth.

With all the Duggar watchers out there I don't think Anna could hide a pregnancy for that long.  She may not be as photographed as other Duggars, but somebody could see her grocery shopping, spot a baby bump and leak it somewhere. That being said, when it happens they'll probably try to hide it for as long as possible.

I could see them announcing shortly before or after another piece of Speshul Duggar news. It wouldn't be about wanting to steal thunder, but rather intentionally allowing themselves to be upstaged, or hoping their baby announcement gets lost in the shuffle. Then again, I could also see them playing the redemption baby card around the leghumpers.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived