samurai_sarah

Ever since Josh returned from Jesus Jail, there have been multiple reports of Anna getting a divorce lawyer. It's just the rumor mill, imo, but it's be great if it actually happened. 

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/10/2017 at 6:54 PM, BabyBottlePop said:

I mean she obviously had to have understood the birthing side of it, right? Was Anna present at one of her mom's labours?

When I was a child I thought that you had to lay together on top of each other naked and that's how you made a baby. My younger brother thought making out made a baby and the egg formed in the mom's saliva and traveled down to her belly! I mean, Anna probably knew something had to happen, maybe just not the real logistics.

Hehe. I knew what went where, and the whole sperm/egg thing, but the logistics were way off. I thought a man and a woman laid side by side, and the penis unrolled like a garden hose off a spool thingy, and it just kind of hooked up to the vagina. The the magic happened, which at 5yo, seemed a lot like gardening.

On January 29, 2017 at 0:10 PM, choralcrusader8613 said:

Homeschooling in the US is not nearly as regulated, and what regulations parents have to adhere to is largely dependent on the state you live in, which results in about 50 different levels/versions of homeschooling standards. I wasn't homeschooled, so I'm not aware of all the ins and outs of homeschooling laws, even in my state.

Many places have stunningly little regulation on homeschooling. I was homeschooled from first grade through graduation in Pennsylvania, and while there was periodic required state testing (it wasn't even every year, something like 3rd, 5th, and 8th grade) it was pretty pathetic and really only covered English and math. It was absolutely allowed to teach kids nothing whatsoever about sexuality/biology, to teach creationism, revisionist history, whatever. And not only were homeschoolers allowed to do it, there was at least one private Christian school in the area (some kind of Baptist affiliation, I think) which was teaching the same sorts of ignorance and lies, all totally allowed by the state. To say we need stricter regulations on homeschooling and private schools, preferably on a federal level, would be an understatement. It's also more unlikely than ever to happen in the current political climate.

For reference, my family wasn't religious, but because I was homeschooled in a rural, conservative area, I knew lots of kids through my homeschooling group who came from very fundie families, hence why I know so much about what they were taught and also no doubt why I'm so attracted in a "rubber-neck the car wreck" sort of way to the Duggars and Freejinger in general. But all the fundies I knew absolutely DID know the basics of how sex and making babies worked, even as elementary-aged kids. They didn't need to be taught about it because so many were farm kids with tons of knowledge about breeding animals and it's not hard to extrapolate the basics from that.

But I don't know enough about Anna's life before she married Josh to know if that applied to her. 

45 minutes ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

Hehe. I knew what went where, and the whole sperm/egg thing, but the logistics were way off. I thought a man and a woman laid side by side, and the penis unrolled like a garden hose off a spool thingy, and it just kind of hooked up to the vagina. The the magic happened, which at 5yo, seemed a lot like gardening.

That's very funny!!  It's does seem like gardening. 

54 minutes ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

That so reminds me of the movie Now and Then. Chrissy's mother goes to explain sex to her and she explains that it's like gardening "  All women have a garden, and a garden needs a big hose to water it... or a small hose... as long as it works." 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

That so reminds me of the movie Now and Then. Chrissy's mother goes to explain sex to her and she explains that it's like gardening "  All women have a garden, and a garden needs a big hose to water it... or a small hose... as long as it works." 

I thought so also. After that scene Demi Moore's character say " as a  direct result from this conversation Chrissy will spend a lot of her adult life obsessed with gardening". 

Omg Now and Then is awesome!!

When I was 4, I asked my mom what her tampons were for, and she said to manage periods, which are what allow women to get pregnant and have babies. In retrospect, this was probably as thorough as my mom could get with a 4 year old about periods without going into a discussion about sex, but 4 year old me took that information and concluded that my mom had to use tampons every month to keep from getting pregnant/having a baby :pb_lol:

If Anna really didn't know about sex until her wedding night, I feel so sorry for her!! It must have been scary to have to learn about sex from one talk with her mom, followed by doing it with Smuggar. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would be gentle in bed (eww... even the phrase "Smuggar in bed" is just... :brainbleach:)

3 hours ago, Tarantula_Mom said:

Many places have stunningly little regulation on homeschooling. I was homeschooled from first grade through graduation in Pennsylvania, and while there was periodic required state testing (it wasn't even every year, something like 3rd, 5th, and 8th grade) it was pretty pathetic and really only covered English and math. It was absolutely allowed to teach kids nothing whatsoever about sexuality/biology, to teach creationism, revisionist history, whatever. And not only were homeschoolers allowed to do it, there was at least one private Christian school in the area (some kind of Baptist affiliation, I think) which was teaching the same sorts of ignorance and lies, all totally allowed by the state. To say we need stricter regulations on homeschooling and private schools, preferably on a federal level, would be an understatement. It's also more unlikely than ever to happen in the current political climate.

For reference, my family wasn't religious, but because I was homeschooled in a rural, conservative area, I knew lots of kids through my homeschooling group who came from very fundie families, hence why I know so much about what they were taught and also no doubt why I'm so attracted in a "rubber-neck the car wreck" sort of way to the Duggars and Freejinger in general. But all the fundies I knew absolutely DID know the basics of how sex and making babies worked, even as elementary-aged kids. They didn't need to be taught about it because so many were farm kids with tons of knowledge about breeding animals and it's not hard to extrapolate the basics from that.

But I don't know enough about Anna's life before she married Josh to know if that applied to her. 

You sound like you might be close to me- southeast PA here. 

5 hours ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

LOL, I assumed dry humping was all there was to it. Imagine the my surprise that actual insertion was part of the repertoire.

45 minutes ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

Omg Now and Then is awesome!!

When I was 4, I asked my mom what her tampons were for, and she said to manage periods, which are what allow women to get pregnant and have babies. In retrospect, this was probably as thorough as my mom could get with a 4 year old about periods without going into a discussion about sex, but 4 year old me took that information and concluded that my mom had to use tampons every month to keep from getting pregnant/having a baby :pb_lol:

If Anna really didn't know about sex until her wedding night, I feel so sorry for her!! It must have been scary to have to learn about sex from one talk with her mom, followed by doing it with Smuggar. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would be gentle in bed (eww... even the phrase "Smuggar in bed" is just... :brainbleach:)

OMG, no joke: I thought the string was for tying the tampon to one's underwear crotch. I thought the applicator was a carrying case.

1 minute ago, Denim Jumper said:

LOL, I assumed dry humping was all there was to it. Imagine the my surprise that actual insertion was part of the repertoire.

That was pretty much my experience :pb_lol:. But when I discovered that insertion was needed, i thought you just had to get it in and stay still 

14 hours ago, DaniLouisiana said:

Re:Homeschooling

In the district/county I live in you must arrange either with a private school system or your school district's homeschool program to have a teacher supervise and plan your child's curriculum.  You do not have any freedom with the district program to deviate from their program, even if you disagree with it. Private programs offer more choice/freedom.You do have, however, more choice in regards to foreign languages-anything Rosetta Stone offers, the district will pay for-I had one take a year of German and a year of French and the other took 2 yrs of Japanese. With both, you still have to do all the standardized tests.

But does a student have to PASS them? Because in AR, they don't. 

@marmalade, yes, they do. Its 3 days of testing that you are responsible to get your student(s) to. If they don't pass, they don't go up a grade/graduate.  They also must pass a general knowledge test to graduate-testing starts near the end of sophomore year, you have 3 chances to pass(sophomore,  junior and senior year). Once you pass, you don't need to take it again.

41 minutes ago, DaniLouisiana said:

@marmalade, yes, they do. Its 3 days of testing that you are responsible to get your student(s) to. If they don't pass, they don't go up a grade/graduate.  They also must pass a general knowledge test to graduate-testing starts near the end of sophomore year, you have 3 chances to pass(sophomore,  junior and senior year). Once you pass, you don't need to take it again.

In Arkansas? All states vary. The last I heard, it was not a requirement to pass the exams there. 

eta: @DaniLouisiana I  just found this article. It looks like AR has done away with mandated testing altogether for homeschooled students, no thanks to our "buddies" at the HSLDA. 

https://www.onenewsnow.com/education/2015/04/16/arkansas-nixes-state-testing-of-homeschoolers

So am I, and I'm in education. I knew those testing guidelines sounded familiar; CA is one of the strictest states w/r/t homeschooling in the country. It doesn't hurt as a friend of mine got two of her kids into Stanford, another Berkeley, and a fourth UCLA. Not too shabby. But then, she was a teacher before she retired to raise her kids. 

In AR, testing is optional. If you want to go to a four-year college, you test out. If you're a Duggar, well, you don't. Not anymore, at any rate. 

I homeschooled Bigfoot and Kiddo due socialization problems/academic problems. Both did much better in that environment while DD did much better in a school environment. 

16 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

That was pretty much my experience :pb_lol:. But when I discovered that insertion was needed, i thought you just had to get it in and stay still 

I don't know how true this story is, but here's something to add (re: crazy sex ed). One of my mother's friends was from Vietnam, and when she was younger, she'd been told that babies come out of the woman's armpit. As it's been a while since I heard this, I can't remember if Mom's friend had been told this by a doctor or a family member. :: shrugs ::

Daily Mail, via In Touch is reporting that Anna is filing for divorce.  I think this is a recycle from a couple of months ago, but who knows.  I know there is a less than 0.01% chance this is true, but wasn't In Touch the rag that broke the first Duggar Scandal and the Affairs?   

I will be absolutely shocked if true.  Financially speaking, I doubt if Josh is worth much so what are Anna's chances of ever getting enough $$ from him to raise her family.  I am not sure if there is a legal way she could get some of the main duggar money unless she could prove that the family participated in deceit in reference to Josh's past and that they coerced her to stay married after the second scandal. 

If the Duggars were smart, and If this were true, which is probably isn't.  The cheapest thing to do would be to disconnect from Josh.  And then keep Anna with the kids on or near the compound.  JB should have given her the Pool house, and then farmed out one of the sister moms to her for help with the brood.    And for Anna, that might be a livable situation as well.  Unless she has some way to get enough money to completely live away from them,  which I doubt and she has no skills that would earn her enough money to support her 4 children. 

I do find it odd though, that Anna was featured very heavily in the first season of Counting On, and in this season she is barely there.  Last week with Jill was the first time in several episodes where Anna has had much presence.  Is this because she isn't keeping as sweet as she once did?  I don't think there were a lot of viewer objections as largely their fan base seems to admire Anna the 'martyr'.  So something has changed in the dynamic of the show or in the dynamic of the relationship between Anna and the sisters or family.  Or, Josh tried to insert himself into the negotiations of Anna's contract with TLC and asked for too much money. 

Likely they don't want to film Anna as much because they want to forget that Josh exists. Anna is a reminder that there is a Josh and if Anna is pregnant (which we obviously don't know), it shows that things are the same as they were. That's not normal and they are trying to be less like freak shows. 

Anna was a fave among the fan base though.  Lots of viewers just watched to see her reaction to things.  So it feels like there is another reason they aren't showing her as much.  Maybe they really just wanted to feature Jinger and Anna got left out, or Maybe Anna herself bowed out, not liking to see herself so raw at times during her talking heads. 

1 minute ago, calimojo said:

Maybe they really just wanted to feature Jinger and Anna got left out, or Maybe Anna herself bowed out, not liking to see herself so raw at times during her talking heads. 

I think this is probably most likely. Jinger and Anna don't seem close to me, and she may have chosen to step back so she could spend more time off-camera with the kids and Joshley.

I would think it's harder to have Anna on the show now that Josh is back. How do they explain his non appearance without addressing the elephant in the room? It was a lot easier when he was in Jesus jail, and Anna could talk about it a little. What would she say now? She has to keep sweet.

One theory that's gone around as to why Anna hasn't divorced Josh is that the fallout and publicity could negatively affect their children (so no book deals about why mommy left daddy, etc.). If Anna actually does divorce him, I'm afraid it might mean that the children are in some kind of danger and/or there's more emotional damage being done now that would rival anything that could happen after a divorce. In other words, it'd have to be pretty bad behind closed doors before Anna would put her foot down and risk her housing, reputation, and overall support from her in-laws. Kind of an unsettling thought if any of the latest tumors are true.

14 minutes ago, Stormy said:

One theory that's gone around as to why Anna hasn't divorced Josh is that the fallout and publicity could negatively affect their children (so no book deals about why mommy left daddy, etc.). If Anna actually does divorce him, I'm afraid it might mean that the children are in some kind of danger and/or there's more emotional damage being done now that would rival anything that could happen after a divorce. In other words, it'd have to be pretty bad behind closed doors before Anna would put her foot down and risk her housing, reputation, and overall support from her in-laws. Kind of an unsettling thought if any of the latest tumors are true.

Also the support of her own parents who probably want her to stay married to Josh.   

4 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Also the support of her own parents who probably want her to stay married to Josh.   

And God. Don't forget what a role god plays in all of this.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived