samurai_sarah

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figured the story was false. I just can't help but think that if Anna was from a non-religious family, after the first scandal broke her parents would have gotten to her as fast as possible and taken her and kids back to their house. 

Instead she has parents who pushed her into a marriage with a guy who probably was not ready to get married and who are probably telling her stay married to him no matter what he does. 

The Daily Mail isn't exactly a reputable source, for people who aren't familiar with UK newspapers. 

Re not knowing about sex.  I completely get how kids who've been cautioned that even touching their bodies is a sin, might not know about sex.  Especially if the explanation about their period is around Eve's sin etc, and they're told God gives a woman babies, AND that miracles are a daily occurence. Everyone knows someone who thought that babies come out of the belly button etc - but even if someone has, I dunno, had to be in the same trailer when their mother gave birth to their younger sibling, they still might not understand how sex works, or is connected (that Dolly Parton joke about how her parents never didn't understand how they kept having more kids, eg)

And given that Fundies don't believe in evolution, I can also see why people can be around breeding animals, and not extrapolate it to humans, because animals would be seen as completely different kinds of creations to humans, with completely different physiognomies.

It kills me, all of this - but there was that big push in second-wave feminism for women to look at their vulvas in a mirror, because SO many women didn't even know what their own one looked like.  I bet someone like Anna was brought up to think her genitals were dirty, and should never, ever be touched - heartbreaking.

4 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

Maybe Anna is going to divorce Josh and get her own TLC show!  And $$$.

One can only hope that is true. I have said this before. But I always felt that the TV crew (producers, cameramen etc) cared more about Anna and her feelings that the Duggars did. 

I was out to dinner in DC with friends tonight and thought I saw Anna with another guy.  Unfortunately on closer inspection it wasn't her :my_sad:

On 2/3/2017 at 0:53 PM, singsingsing said:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/02/03/josh-and-anna-duggar-deny-divorce-rumors.html Apparently a Duggar rep told Fox News today that the rumours were false, they're not divorcing. I'll try to contain my shock. :)

with other celebs, it seems like the soon after they issue a statement denying rumors like this, you hear about them breaking up shortly thereafter. 

I doubt that is true for Anna, but there have been rumors of her leaving him before, and I don't remember them denying it to the press,  so why this time?  Could Anna have perhaps taken some action as part of a negotiation strategy for more money, better house,  help with the kids or separate housing for Josh? 

I doubt it because I think Anna is a passive wimp, but it would be interesting if true.  I would love for Anna to find her power.  I wonder if she realizes just how many cards she actually holds?  She knows a ton of the Duggar secrets,  and with Josh's very public indiscretions and hx of molesting his sisters, she probably would have no problem getting full custody of the kids.  I hope that Anna or one of her siblings reads places like this, because I would love for them to gently break down her resistance and help her find her voice, her power etc so she can, be a role model for her children on how to be independent and that you don't have to live in a state of submission and humiliation forever.

But,  we all know that won't happen.  Cue a nice new picture of Anna and Josh out to dinner or at a friends house coming out soon.  Or maybe a baby announcement to really seal the deal. 

I would love to read a Duggar tell-all for purely selfish reasons, but I doubt Anna would ever spill the Duggar secrets (if there even are any left worth spilling). She would be causing a lot of pain to a lot of people she loves, including herself and her own children, and destroying most of her close relationships and support systems. Any money she made off a tell-all wouldn't support her and her kids for long, anyway. I'm sure Anna feels like, all things considered, she and her kids will be much better off if she stays with Josh, and unfortunately based on the reality she lives in she's probably right. 

I think what I really wish is that they would both leave fundamentalism behind. So many options would then open up to them, even if they remained conservative Christians. At that point they might actually be able to do some introspection, maybe some real counselling, have some serious conversations, and then come to a reasoned decision about where their marriage is going, if anywhere. But that's a pipe dream.

One thing I know is that I like Anna. I don't think she's a wimp, I think she's actually quite a strong person, but the people in her life who she was raised from birth to trust and submit to, her parents and her husband, have failed her dramatically. I'd be mad as hell if I were her, but she's not allowed to be mad. I hope they lie awake and feel shame for what they've done to her.

I like Anna also. She is probably my favorite. When the scandals came out the only people I felt really sorry for was Anna and her kids. 

On 2/3/2017 at 5:57 PM, SamiKatz said:

Maybe Anna is going to divorce Josh and get her own TLC show!  And $$$.

TLC should cash in on that. I bet they can offer her more than JB could. I have this vision of him pulling a Joe Kennedy and offering her all the money and items she wanted to stay with JOsh like he did with Jackie and JFK. 

If, on the very off chance Anna is reading this (since we know some of them do), I hope she realizes how much a lot of us are rooting for her. I am the age Anna was when she married Josh and the idea of being foisted off on some guy I'd never kissed scares the crap out of me. Not that my dad would ever even think to do that, since he respects me as an independent individual who has her own agency but still. Anna is in a crap situation from what I can tell and no matter how long it takes I am rooting for her. I don't blame her for the situation she is in and I don't think it is fair to judge her for not leaving yet. It takes an average of 30 something tries before an abused woman leaves her husband.

Josh has been out of rehab for a while and like many I expect a pregnancy announcement is coming. Meredith is over a year old and would fit into the current pregnancy timeline we've seen of Josh and Anna in the past. Though it is interesting as someone else mentioned the releasing of a public statement at this time. A skeptical side of me says it's an attempt to drum up interest in the show. After all another courtship isn't going to offer any real suprises.

I rarely post.  I too feel sorry for Anna. There will be no divorce. For Anna,  there will only be endless suffering for god.  The only positive is that I do believe that their sex life is pretty much dead. I can't imagine she can joyfully submit. I also doubt that he is too has had a complete brainf*ck in the area of sex. The positive upshot is that the M kids will not be drowned in sibling.  That said, I do think there will be a few relucant submissions over the years and there may be another child or two. 

7 hours ago, infooverload said:

Josh has been out of rehab for a while and like many I expect a pregnancy announcement is coming. Meredith is over a year old and would fit into the current pregnancy timeline we've seen of Josh and Anna in the past. Though it is interesting as someone else mentioned the releasing of a public statement at this time. A skeptical side of me says it's an attempt to drum up interest in the show. After all another courtship isn't going to offer any real suprises.

I bet we will accidentally find out she is pregnant when Jill, Jinger and Anna are lined up and knocked up at the same time, in a few months.

I don't see them announcing a new blessing (as much as us just finding out via a photo or social media) because the world will have a collective sigh of not wanting to know joshly is getting it on. lol Anything baby related will bring people right to the sex. What a winner ol Josh is.

49 minutes ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

I don't see them announcing a new blessing (as much as us just finding out via a photo or social media) because the world will have a collective sigh of not wanting to know joshly is getting it on. lol Anything baby related will bring people right to the sex. What a winner ol Josh is.

Agree, I think Anna wants to keep a VERY low profile. She hasn't posted anything in months. It's pretty sad and I sympathize with her. She has very intolerant  beliefs I disagree with, but you can't really even say "she knows better" because she's never gotten the chance to learn much of anything. 

On 2/5/2017 at 9:50 AM, Mela99 said:

TLC should cash in on that. I bet they can offer her more than JB could. I have this vision of him pulling a Joe Kennedy and offering her all the money and items she wanted to stay with JOsh like he did with Jackie and JFK. 

tea spilt :) 

I think the only way she won't get pregnant again is if Josh chooses to abstain. Otherwise she seems pretty committed to making the marriage work, and in their culture that probably means she's doubling down on her efforts to be a Good Wife... which means always being available. 

I do think that there is a very high chance that Anna is pregnant right now and due before Jill is. I don't believe they will announce at all. They will probably announce when the baby is born and not per video but just post something written on their fb page, like "God has blessed Josh and Anna with their 5 th child, name, date, weight,..." that's it.

Anna is never going to divorce that fool. She is going to stick with him throughout her entire life, or at least until the kids are grown up and out of the house. 

I had been wondering what TLC would do if Anna became pregnant with their fifth baby. I figure that, as others have commented, the show is not going to tell anyone anything. If Anna is actually pregnant, the Duggars will shift the focus to other people (like Jessa or Jinger or Jana) and just announce it when she is near her due date or giving birth.

I am also in the group that we won't know Anna is pregnant until she gives birth. They can't really focus on her because she can't talk about her marriage or Josh because they can't mention Josh. So it will just be a simple announcement and done. 

If Anna does have another baby and they try to keep it hush hush with a basic blog post announcing the birth, I think they will hold back on another big news story like Joy's engagement or another courtship and make it public just after to detract any negative attention away from the Josh situation.

Josh is a dark cloud hanging over the Duggar family. They can't even try to show a pregnant Anna because viewers will wonder where Josh is.

I'm pretty sure if Anna is pregnant again they're announce Joys engagement the same week so that it detracts from her.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived