samurai_sarah

50 minutes ago, pfled said:

Anna has said on the show that Josh did tell her about his "past sins" while courting and her initial reaction was "why are you telling me this??" Which I found to be a very bizarre answer. 

Not sure if that's just the show covering the Duggar's tracks tho. 

I know they said that Anna's dad was told about the molestation. I don't know how much Anna knew or understood. She was very young and naive. If it was explained like the Fox interview -- a curious young boy -- she may not have realized the full import of what happened.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

With all the Duggar watchers out there I don't think Anna could hide a pregnancy for that long.  She may not be as photographed as other Duggars, but somebody could see her grocery shopping, spot a baby bump and leak it somewhere. That being said, when it happens they'll probably try to hide it for as long as possible.

I'm sure Jana would be so encouraged to do the grocery shopping so that wouldn't happen. Because what else is a SAHD meant to do but be there for everyone else who has their "own" life. 

16 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I'm sure Jana would be so encouraged to do the grocery shopping so that wouldn't happen. Because what else is a SAHD meant to do but be there for everyone else who has their "own" life. 

Fair enough. Still, I can't imagine Anna not leaving the compound or wherever they're living at all for about 6 months (She'd likely be showing by the second trimester). I guess she hid out when Joshley was off getting reprogrammed, but the woman's gotta get stir crazy at some point.

4 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Fair enough. Still, I can't imagine Anna not leaving the compound or wherever they're living at all for about 6 months (She'd likely be showing by the second trimester). I guess she hid out when Joshley was off getting reprogrammed, but the woman's gotta get stir crazy at some point.

why would she get stircrazy when she has to look after her own children 

oh wait - what was i thinking 

i have to stay out of this folder :D i have nothing ever nice to say here 

22 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I know they said that Anna's dad was told about the molestation. I don't know how much Anna knew or understood. She was very young and naive. If it was explained like the Fox interview -- a curious young boy -- she may not have realized the full import of what happened.

That's what I think. If Anna was told, it was phrased as "Josh committed a sin as a boy, but it was just curiosity and he's all better now and a Godly young gentleman and if he ever treats you badly and cheats on you, it's probably because you're doing something wrong".

Anyone else see the picture on the Duggar Family Blog of a pregnant woman with her head away from the camera? It's definitely not Jill or Jessa, and sort of looks like Anna. :tw_confused:

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Anyone else see the picture on the Duggar Family Blog of a pregnant woman with her head away from the camera? It's definitely not Jill or Jessa, and sort of looks like Anna. :tw_confused:

The picture of the woman/girl with the blue shirt and sneakers or a different one? that picture didn't look like Anna to me. a woman in the Facebook comments stated that picture was of her 17 year old, not pregnant daughter .  Of course you may be referring to a different picture.

7 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

It is coat season ;)

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I looked and no it isn't. Just by looking, that isn't Anna. Just a girl in tennis shoes. 

It's possible Anna was given an edited version of what Josh did and she accepted it due to her upbringing. It's also possible Mr. Keller knew, withheld this information, and told her only when it was leaked for the world. I wouldn't put it past him to lie.

It's possible Anna was given an edited version of what Josh did and she accepted it due to her upbringing. It's also possible Mr. Keller knew, withheld this information, and told her only when it was leaked for the world. I wouldn't put it past him to lie.

I always assumed or guessed that was the case. Unless there has been some clever editing Anna doesn't seem the kind to agree to spend her life with such a person. I would be very surprised if she knew what we all do now.

I honestly don't think Anna knew about what Josh originally did. I think her father might have know but pushed her into the marriage thinking he can give her a stable life both emotionally and financially. 

Is JB supporting this family of 6? I'd love to know where they're living. They're probably eligible for Medicaid and food stamps. JB wouldn't allow that I'm sure.

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Is JB supporting this family of 6? I'd love to know where they're living. They're probably eligible for Medicaid and food stamps. JB wouldn't allow that I'm sure.

It wouldn't surprise me if he DID allow it, as long as they keep it secret. He's the type of guy who doesn't want those programs to exist unless he needs them. And then still doesn't want anyone but the "right kind of people" to receive those benefits. Hypocrite.

14 hours ago, anjulibai said:

No, but you can see the much-discussed presence of a Christmas tree in the first photo (near the... gag... Glory to God homemade craptastic banner).

2 hours ago, halcionne said:

It wouldn't surprise me if he DID allow it, as long as they keep it secret. He's the type of guy who doesn't want those programs to exist unless he needs them. And then still doesn't want anyone but the "right kind of people" to receive those benefits. Hypocrite.

I don't know how they'd keep THAT secret.

As to where the family is living--probably with Jim-Bob/Jchelle or in that lavish new Guest House (not the one Bin lived in). I'm sure they must have to have security--lots of true crazies out there. NOT AT ALL defending Josh, but his kids don't need crazies hunting their Dad.

How they are being supported: I imagine Joshy has a book coming out and that he's selling online or something at least. Remember, with no house payment and Arkansas property taxes, it takes surprisingly little money even for a family of 6.

14 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I don't know how they'd keep THAT secret.

Well the Medicaid part is confidential under HIPAA, so that = secret. And the only way to know someone's using welfare or food stamps is if you get a glimpse of their EBT card. Or if they tell you, of course. ;) 

My point was that I think there are plenty of fundies who receive government aid, and they wouldn't advertise it.

I agree with Halcionne, there's no real way for people to find out someone is on any form of public assurance without them telling you, seeing them use an EBT card or some shady means. I don't think it should be public knowledge because there is (unfortunately) enough shame associated with these programs as it is. I think it's been said here that Josie would have received public assistance to pay for her medical care. Just because the JBoob says he doesn't use public programs he obviously doesn't mind when it benefits him. Hypocrisy thy name is Jim Bob, but we already knew that. 

Yes, the interviews for welfare assistance are private, but you wait in an open room until your name is called. At least, that's how it's done where I live.

6 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I honestly don't think Anna knew about what Josh originally did. I think her father might have know but pushed her into the marriage thinking he can give her a stable life both emotionally and financially. 

She did say initially when it came out that she did know about his past. He wanted to be honest with her about everything - probably the last time he was honest about anything. She said she wondered why he was telling her all that because it was in his past and he had repented for it, so there was no need for him to tell her!!! How much detail she knew is anybody's guess. but that seems to be their way of thinking.

Who is living in the house they bought in Arkansas while they were living in Washington? It was supposed to be an investment property for their return - was pretty nice.

These people make their living off lying and sanitizing their pasts, so unless we were there the day Mike Keller was told about Josh's actions, we will never know what Anna was truly told.

14 minutes ago, season of life said:

These people make their living off lying and sanitizing their pasts, so unless we were there the day Mike Keller was told about Josh's actions, we will never know what Anna was truly told.

And how much of was it understood by Anna. 

I highly doubt Mike Keller knew the full story. I think all he saw when Josh came a calling was stability for his daughter. A chance for her to live in a house rather then a trailer. 

I'm also In the "Anna didn't know everything," camp. Even on TV, they didn't fully admit to everything in the police report, iirc. They majorly downplayed it.

Anna's family does prison ministry, so she probably saw what Josh did as not really all that bad. I don't think she knew everything till the police report was released. If she even read it then.

5 hours ago, halcionne said:

Well the Medicaid part is confidential under HIPAA, so that = secret. And the only way to know someone's using welfare or food stamps is if you get a glimpse of their EBT card. Or if they tell you, of course. ;) 

My point was that I think there are plenty of fundies who receive government aid, and they wouldn't advertise it.

Nope they do the opposite. They are the same people who in public denounce single parents and other families for being on assistance. Their hypocrisy never stops. 

19 hours ago, season of life said:

I wouldn't either, after all he was okay with having John Shrader for a son in law.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived