samurai_sarah

23 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I'm not a parent, let alone a grandparent. But I feel like the Duggar Family IG saying "Our Meredith" is pretty much admitting JB and M Jana are raising those M kids. 

Unless it would be normal for Grandparents to use that terminology of "our". Then I take it back!

I've heard people say that to denote a general member of the family. :) JB and Michelle probably just say that like they would say our grandkids, though it still sounds weird out of their mouths.

Also,

Because there needs to be a reminder, do not speculate on whether Josh has molested any children in the present. We have no way to know this. People who speculate on this have gotten and will get warnings for it.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I call my gr daughters "my XXX" and "my ZZZZZ" and I call the upcoming one "my baby". I don't know why, never really thought about it before. Maybe because they belong to my son, thereby by extension they belong to me. Or maybe I am just crazy. That is more likely.

My MIL used to call her grown kids "Mah Maree" and "Mah Clairey" etc... it used to drive me nuts. If she was naming someone to whom she'd given birth, I was figuring it was HER kid. (Mah as in my. Baltimore accent.)

@Chickenbutt, I do the same thing especially with Grandboy-he's my daughter's only as yet, but he's always been "my boy". Wild Child is also referred to as Mimere's Hellion. 

Neither my mom nor my MIL calls my kids "My <insert name here>", but my SIL used to ask, "How is my baby?" when they were little. Your baby? Well then, you must have been the one getting puked on/pooped on/woken up every half hour last night! 

Honestly, it wouldn't have bothered me as much from someone else. She's just good at annoying me sometimes. The rest of the time she's not too bad.

There should be a thread to discuss annoying SILs. Annoying SILs always seem to be next level annoying.

My Dad goes beyond the "My __" thing and uses the third person "Poppy's Little Baby Doll" to talk about my daughter. It's not annoying per se but after he'd done it a couple times I was just kind of like, "Hmmmm. Well I guess that's happening."

The gr kids are only mine when they are behaving. When they are being brats, hellions, whiny or hormonal, they are my son's kids, as in "Do something with YOUR daughter"  lololololol. Nice how Nana's get to pick and choose.

DD is almost always hubs daughter- as in "Your Daughter did XYZ!". GrandGirl, Grandboy & Babycakes are always mine-Wild Child and KGrandboy belong to Papa, unless they're behaving, then they're mine. 

I get so confused by the SIL abbreviation. Sometimes it's son in law. Sometimes it's sister in law. Two potentially very different relationships. From context I get that people here were talking about sisters in law, but i just wanted to express my mild confusion that just stems from words starting with the same letter. :-)

@missegeno--That's a good point about SIL. I seem to recall a thread drift once regarding bras. I got very confused about the abbreviation DD, because sometimes people meant their bra size and other times they were talking about their dear daughter. :my_biggrin:

I don't think Anna's wedding was all that bad.  Her dress was ok, the bridesmaid dresses were ok.  Her guests were actually served real food, ) even if it was mixed up by bare handed church ladies), and they had a manageable number of guests.  They had a sit down rehearsal dinner as well.  Nothing fancy but again, real food.  The honeymoon was a bit cheap compared to Jessa and Jinger's, but the wedding itself was not bad. 

Jill had a terrible wedding imo.  Ugly dresses from the bride on down.  Tacky barefoot bride, not enough indoor space for the reception so most of it was outside on the parking lot, but it was at least nice outside, so that was good.  Jessa had a beautiful dress, but her wedding was tacky otherwise.  The groom and his posse were dressed terribly, and the bridesmaid dresses didn't match the fanciness of Jessa's dress.  The cold weather with ice cream in the parking lot is insulting to the guests. 

Jinger had what appears to be a lovely wedding.  Her dress and her bridesmaid dresses were consistent in dressiness and theme.  And while not everyone liked the colors,  overall her wedding still looked more polished and pulled together.  And her dress really was lovely.  The groom and his crew were dressed nicely as well.

We don't nkow much about the reception yet, but we do know that some appetizers were served which is at least a better deal than the guests got from either Jessa or Jill.  Both of those girls were very selfish about their weddings.  And no,  I don't want anyone to post in reply that a bride is allowed to be selfish on her wedding day because that is simply not true.    As the bride and groom, you are asking people to come and witness your day,  to drive or travel possibly long distances, and to pony up money  for a gift.  So you have a responsibility to at least consider the comfort of your guests.  No,  you don't have to have a sit down dinner, but you should at least have seating, and space enough to accommodate your guests comfortably and not make them stand outside if frigid weather while they eat frozen food.  Especially not after you have posted incredibly greedy and lengthy bridal registries.    And, it is ridiculous to me, that these kids who are supposedly taught that whole JOY stuff would have treated their guest so poorly and that their mom, whose responsibility is to guide her children to make good decisions, wouldn't have insisted that they do things with more thoughtfulness.  And yes,  Jessa and Jill were adults, but we all know that in the duggar household, you are not really given adult freedoms until you are married.  And, TLC or JB foot the bill, so they had the right to impose some basic common sense upon the wedding plans. 

1 hour ago, calimojo said:

I don't think Anna's wedding was all that bad.  Her dress was ok, the bridesmaid dresses were ok.  Her guests were actually served real food, ) even if it was mixed up by bare handed church ladies), and they had a manageable number of guests.  They had a sit down rehearsal dinner as well.  Nothing fancy but again, real food.  The honeymoon was a bit cheap compared to Jessa and Jinger's, but the wedding itself was not bad. 

Jill had a terrible wedding imo.  Ugly dresses from the bride on down.  Tacky barefoot bride, not enough indoor space for the reception so most of it was outside on the parking lot, but it was at least nice outside, so that was good.  Jessa had a beautiful dress, but her wedding was tacky otherwise.  The groom and his posse were dressed terribly, and the bridesmaid dresses didn't match the fanciness of Jessa's dress.  The cold weather with ice cream in the parking lot is insulting to the guests. 

Jinger had what appears to be a lovely wedding.  Her dress and her bridesmaid dresses were consistent in dressiness and theme.  And while not everyone liked the colors,  overall her wedding still looked more polished and pulled together.  And her dress really was lovely.  The groom and his crew were dressed nicely as well.

We don't nkow much about the reception yet, but we do know that some appetizers were served which is at least a better deal than the guests got from either Jessa or Jill.  Both of those girls were very selfish about their weddings.  And no,  I don't want anyone to post in reply that a bride is allowed to be selfish on her wedding day because that is simply not true.    As the bride and groom, you are asking people to come and witness your day,  to drive or travel possibly long distances, and to pony up money  for a gift.  So you have a responsibility to at least consider the comfort of your guests.  No,  you don't have to have a sit down dinner, but you should at least have seating, and space enough to accommodate your guests comfortably and not make them stand outside if frigid weather while they eat frozen food.  Especially not after you have posted incredibly greedy and lengthy bridal registries.    And, it is ridiculous to me, that these kids who are supposedly taught that whole JOY stuff would have treated their guest so poorly and that their mom, whose responsibility is to guide her children to make good decisions, wouldn't have insisted that they do things with more thoughtfulness.  And yes,  Jessa and Jill were adults, but we all know that in the duggar household, you are not really given adult freedoms until you are married.  And, TLC or JB foot the bill, so they had the right to impose some basic common sense upon the wedding plans. 

I think they consider themselves so special that the guests should be flattered by an invitation and be grateful to even get to bask in their glorious, Duggar-y presence. 

19 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

I call my gr daughters "my XXX" and "my ZZZZZ" and I call the upcoming one "my baby". I don't know why, never really thought about it before. Maybe because they belong to my son, thereby by extension they belong to me. Or maybe I am just crazy. That is more likely.

Not at all, @Chickenbutt. I call my niece "my girl" (ie, "That's my girl"), so I don't think you're crazy.  ;) 

15 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

The gr kids are only mine when they are behaving. When they are being brats, hellions, whiny or hormonal, they are my son's kids, as in "Do something with YOUR daughter"  lololololol. Nice how Nana's get to pick and choose.

My family has this "thing" that we do. Most of the time, when I'm talking to my sister (as an example), I'll say to her something like: I talked to your father/mother/daughter, & she'll do the same to me. I love fun quirkiness in families. 

On 12/12/2016 at 9:04 AM, Mr. Pink said:

Does anyone ever really deserve to be cheated on and publicly humiliated? Maybe not.

But if anyone does, the woman who allows a child molester access to her children is a good contender.

History indicates it doesn't take much to turn toward speculation I wanted to caution against using this post as a jumping off point for that.  This post isn't speculation.  Allowing a child molester access to one's children even if they hadn't offended in years is a greater risk than if they were not a child molester.  That is a fact and doesn't imply he's ever offended beyond what is public record.  

And whether or not allowing this access and increasing the risk of danger to her children makes Anna less sympathetic ...that's an opinion.  It's one I share and I'll go a step further and say I think it makes her a shitty mother.

20 hours ago, calimojo said:

I totally agree with everything you said. I don't care about the clothing the wedding party wears because I'm not the one wearing it. Even if Anna wore the ugliest dress in existence, it shouldn't affect how nice of a time her guests have. What DOES affect their enjoyment is making them comfortable (hot, cold, somewhere to sit) and serving them enough to eat and drink. Everything else is extra.

22 hours ago, calimojo said:

<snip>

<snip>

The worst part of Anna's wedding was the groom. The cringe-inducing song by Joshley, the lego talk with Jim-Boob, the nauseating first kiss where he hoovered her face.... Aside from the groom, most of it was okay. It was obviously a lower-budget affair, but that's not a bad thing.

10 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The worst part of Anna's wedding was the groom. The cringe-inducing song by Joshley, the lego talk with Jim-Boob, the nauseating first kiss where he hoovered her face.... Aside from the groom, most of it was okay. It was obviously a lower-budget affair, but that's not a bad thing.

You know, I'm inclined to agree.  I really thought Anna's wedding was, while awkward as hell, very "her".  I appreciate that it was things SHE had been eyeing for her wedding instead of just "trendy cool pinterest wow".  There was an air of genuineness about the whole thing that even Jinger's didn't have.  

Everything her groom contributed, however, was eye-roll inducing.  

On 12/15/2016 at 5:56 PM, Georgiana said:

You know, I'm inclined to agree.  I really thought Anna's wedding was, while awkward as hell, very "her".  I appreciate that it was things SHE had been eyeing for her wedding instead of just "trendy cool pinterest wow".  There was an air of genuineness about the whole thing that even Jinger's didn't have.  

Everything her groom contributed, however, was eye-roll inducing.  

Oh absolutely. I watched the wedding episode shortly after joshgate #1 (knew very little about the duggars before scandals).  And actually it was one of the few episodes I had actually seen of the show when it first aired. To me it seemed very ... honest. Back then the editting was different, and the "freakshow" aspect of the family was still being played up. It seemed like a quickly put together, awkward, two naive, horny homeschoolers quickly getting kind of arranged marriage feel to it so ... genuine. Friends and family, pizza reception, smallish church, low-budget everything. It was humble, but it felt real and intimate, that it was ANNA's day. Not JimBob's, Michelles, or TLC's, Anna's. While Jingers Wedding was beautiful; it looked like something you would see on pinterest or wedding catalog. Something that looks beautiful for magazine spreads; more about marketing your family rather than a celebration of you and your spouse. 

I think, while true that Jinger's was more Pinterest-y, that it showed an aesthetic that was very much her and Jeremy's. I'm guessing he or his family had more input than the Duggar boys would ('leave it to the bride').

I agree with @Mr. Pink. I don't think we know the extent of Josh's actions.

I'm quoting myself to clairfy what I meant. I don't think we know the extent of ALL of Josh's actions. Actions not related to molestation or adultery.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:45 PM, immodest_countenance said:

Oh absolutely. I watched the wedding episode shortly after joshgate #1 (knew very little about the duggars before scandals).  And actually it was one of the few episodes I had actually seen of the show when it first aired. To me it seemed very ... honest. Back then the editting was different, and the "freakshow" aspect of the family was still being played up. It seemed like a quickly put together, awkward, two naive, horny homeschoolers quickly getting kind of arranged marriage feel to it so ... genuine. Friends and family, pizza reception, smallish church, low-budget everything. It was humble, but it felt real and intimate, that it was ANNA's day. Not JimBob's, Michelles, or TLC's, Anna's. While Jingers Wedding was beautiful; it looked like something you would see on pinterest or wedding catalog. Something that looks beautiful for magazine spreads; more about marketing your family rather than a celebration of you and your spouse. 

Let's not forget the shrink-wrapped getaway car, ripped up toilet paper on the inside of said car, & the fact that John-David tinkered with the brake line to make it beep the horn (whenever Josh stepped on the brakes).  :: rolls eyes with the stupid pranks that they did ::

Was the fish on the engine a Duggar thing done to John & Anna (or was that done to Erin Bates & Chad Paine)?

1 hour ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Was the fish on the engine a Duggar thing done to John & Anna (or was that done to Erin Bates & Chad Paine)?

That was Erin and Chad's wedding and they put sardines in the trunk and on the dashboard. Nothing on the engine because it was a rental. John-David said in a TH that that made him feel "a little handcuffed". What an ass.

On 15.12.2016 at 1:55 AM, calimojo said:

I actually liked Anna's bridesmaid's dresses the best out of all so far. The dark and light purple. Very classy and timeless, as was her wedding dress. Anna's wedding dress was my favorite until Jinger's. Jinger's wedding dress, I would have bought and worn it myself ;-)

On 12/16/2016 at 11:56 PM, PainfullyAware said:

I think, while true that Jinger's was more Pinterest-y, that it showed an aesthetic that was very much her and Jeremy's. I'm guessing he or his family had more input than the Duggar boys would ('leave it to the bride').

Agreed. Not sure why Jinger's wedding is being seen as "not her" or not intimate somehow. Just because someone might like decorating or have put more thought or money into her wedding theme doesn't mean that wedding is insincere or more about marketing one's family and isn't a celebration of one and one's spouse.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived