IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy- God Defend New Zealand (Aotearoa)

samurai_sarah

7 minutes ago, goldengrove said:

That must be so difficult, have you worked there long?

seven years on and off but full time the last 4 

so it's time to escape 

i need a book on how to change your life - anybody have good suggestions????

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I feel bad for some of you infertile gals. :( I hope things go better for you all.

I personally wish I could rip my ovaries out and be done with it and I am four years away from thirty.. Since I never plan to have any kids its almost a waste of time to have a period any month.

18 minutes ago, nst said:

so it's time to escape 

I can only imagine :S sounds like it is time to go, things are not going to get any easier to deal with.

I have been rereading Richard Bach's Illusions for the umpteenth time, got the urge to dig it out after the election...

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

I have 2 dog clients who are both in their 60's and both of them still have their mothers alive. One of them her father only past away 3 years ago. 

Maybe I was a bit distracted eating an apple, but when I first read your post, I thought the dogs were 60 years old and not the dog owners.  A 60 year old dog is pretty impressive but an 80 year old  dog is incredible!

14 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Maybe I was a bit distracted eating an apple, but when I first read your post, I thought the dogs were 60 years old and not the dog owners.  A 60 year old dog is pretty impressive but an 80 year old  dog is incredible!

heh...I was so distracted by stuffing a graham cracker in my face, I read that last word as "inedible" ^_^

52 minutes ago, nst said:

so it's time to escape 

You could go to Amazon and start searching....comments for the books are often interesting. I would just say carefully laid plans for a starter. And hit the bookstore and browse. I love bookstores. 

Sending positive thoughts in your direction, which I think is north, Canada, right?

There's less than a week between Mr Wrangler's birthday and mine. We were a week/2 weeks away from 34 when sea-filly 1 was born. 37 when sea-filly 2 was born and 41 when sea-colt was born.

With the fillies, we are not the oldest parents around, close but not quite there. These tend to have older children and those that the girls know are the youngest. But for DS, we are definitely the oldest parents of his cohort so far. He's 11 so possibly when he goes to high school in Sept we may meet some parents who are closer to our age...

AFAIK, the kids don't seem to mind our ages. Though we are aware that we possibly won't be there for them later in life.

we are both young at heart which possibly helps. The girls and I bond over AO3..And Sherlock, Dr Who and MCU.

They've dragged me into anime and manga. I've got them to listen to classic rock.

DH and DS play computer games and watch sports together...we have game nights..I want to start D&D with them when SF 1 is back from college for Christmas..

I have a dog client who is just tuned 50 last week. Her son just turned 10. She's hardly looks older then 40.  I think she is the older end for her son's friends parents but possible not by much our area women tend to have kids a little older then the average. 

My Mom was 30 when she had me and 40 when she had my brother (half-brother). My Dad was 42 when my step-mom has my other half brother. There were definite differences in how they parented us. With me it was more old-fashioned 'go do your homework' or 'go outside and play'. With my brothers they were more involved in driving them, scheduling them, helping them (helicopter parenting). They were more physical with me, like getting outside for activities. For my brothers, much more happened indoors, like watching movies. I'm 31 now and my husband is 39. We are planning to start a family soon, but have to deal with some medical issues first and a laparoscopy. Because of those issues I will be a more sedentary parent but my partner will be able to play catch etc. Hopefully we will be a mix of what my parents gave me and my brothers. 

Of all my girl friends, (who are 31-33) only one has had a baby so far. Mid 30s seems to be the norm!

My SIL and I were both pregnant like Duggars when she was 44 (with her first, totally surprise baby), and I was 39, due on my 40th birthday. She was due just two months before her 45th birthday. These would have been my inlaw's first and only grandkids.

Sadly, I miscarried between weeks 11/12. Again. I didn't even tell anyone until about a week before I lost it, because I had lost another around the same point. My SIL successfully delivered, and my niece turns 14 next month. SIL is 58, looks 38. She is obviously the oldest of her kid's circle of friends' parents, but she's never been snobby, stuffy, or old. She had a really shitty relationship with my MIL (they are polar opposites; I love her, MIL is DUTY, but that's another story), and committed herself to being a better mother. She lives in northern NJ, works in Chelsea, but has the luxury of being able to work fro home two or three days a week. She also got to take the family to Amsterdam last year when business took her there for a week.  

Those perks definitely come from being well established in careers. BIL was 41when niece was born and as many who went to law school did, passed the bar (in his case in 3 states), but went into finance. Thank goodness that they were a 2-income home, because the 2008 recession put my BIL on the dole for about a year. 

But I digress. They did a shitload better than my inlaws, and my niece is a typical post-millenial, despite both of her parents being well into their 50's. 

On 12/8/2016 at 10:46 PM, Fun Undies said:

I stopped taking hormonal BC over a decade ago.  I tried a bunch of different ones in the course of two years, like five, and had severe and horrible reactions to each and every single one - frankly, it scares me how hormone changes during menopause are going to affect me.  There are many, many, women who benefit from BC, and my OB suggested a possible implant to help my endometriosis, if the uppage of advil during my next period doesn't do the job.  We'll see . . . but for people like me, it's like the absolute last resort.

Have you tried Aleve (Naproxen)? I made do with Tylenol and Advil for years before going on the pill and my periods were hellish (while I was on the pill, I could usually do without pain relief). After I went off the pill, I used Aleve for the first time and DAMN, has it ever made a difference in my life. I can now actually work during the first two days of my period, rather than just curling up in a ball waiting to die. So in case you haven't given Aleve a shot, it may be worth it. Sorry you have to deal with this, and I hope you find a way to make it better!

My mom was 17 when she had me but wasn't very physically active with me. My grandpa and my uncle (who is only 12 years older than me) were the ones that took me to the park, pool, and otherwise ran around outside with me! And my grandparents had my mom late in life too (for the 60's - my grandma was 37 and 45 - so grandpa was running around with me in his 60's)

I have a friend who is in her late 30's and her dad is about ready to turn 80. He is still amazingly energetic and still hikes and skis on a regular basis. His father lived to 104 and was active up until 2 years before his death.

I guess what I'm trying to say is it all depends! Some people are far more energetic than others, or have better genes etc.

My mom was 35 and my dad was 48 when I was born. He's 76 now and I'm 28, and he got mistaken for my grandfather quite often growing up, which was embarrassing to me. :my_rolleyes: Even my mom got mistaken as my grandmother once, and they both look good for their age, I think. My parents are both still active. I feel like they're busier than me. My dad is still working, he's a bit of a workaholic and the only advantage of having an older dad was that I grew up comfortable. But I dislike the generation gap, it was always hard for me to connect with him, but that had to do with his upbringing, too. I worried about him getting older and dying when I was a kid and I still do, but I realize that we can all go at any time. I have a few friends whose dads died when we were kids.

14 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I have 2 dog clients who are both in their 60's and both of them still have their mothers alive. One of them her father only past away 3 years ago. 

I am 61, mom is 90! My sister is 69, still has her mom.

4 minutes ago, outtheblue said:

I have a few friends whose dads died when we were kids.

I had a classmate who's father died when we were in the 2nd grade. (His father had a heart issue and never woke up after his last surgery).  His sister was only 5 when he died. They don't have any memories of him. 

Side note: their mother married one if our classmates father's he's the only father his sister have ever known. 

On 12/8/2016 at 8:10 AM, Incognito22 said:

If this question is too personal please ignore and my apologies.  As a later in life baby did you ever feel cheated because your parents were older or like your life was different than your friends? I only ask because I've spent the last few decades in education settings and now that I'm finally ready financially, mentally, and emotionally I'm 37.  I've traveled and done everything I wanted to do.  Now, that's pretty much all that's missing in my life.  I just wonder if it's selfish this late in the game.   I thought someone who had older parents might be a good resource.

I was 37 when I had my youngest, 34 with oldest. I don't think I am that much than any of the other parents. Maybe 5 years.

I have a friend who at 57 still has a grandparent who is alive. Her sister is 60. I cannot imagine being 60 YO with a living grandparent.

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I have a friend who at 57 still has a grandparent who is alive. Her sister is 60. I cannot imagine being 60 YO with a living grandparent.

That's amazing. I have not had grandparents since I was 12 (2 died before I was born 1 died when I was 3). I have friends my age who still have grandparents it's hard for me to relate to something like that. 

I have a dog client who's grandmother is alive her mother (grandmother's daughter) died in 2006 from ovarian cancer. 

15 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

That's pretty amazing. My grandmother died a few months after my sister's 50th birthday. As an older mom I hope I at least get to meet a grandchild or 2, if my daughter even wants kids. Right now she wants 2 sets of twins in her later 20's but she's not yet 6, lol. 

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

The family that had the most living generations (7 generations!) had the grandmother Augusta Bunge aged 109 years 97 days, followed by her daughter aged 89, her grand-daughter aged 70, her great-grand-daughter aged 52, her great-great grand-daughter aged 33 and her great-great-great grand-daughter aged 15 on the birth of her great-great-great-great grandson on 21 January 1989.

17 minutes ago, Bethella said:

The family that had the most living generations (7 generations!) had the grandmother Augusta Bunge aged 109 years 97 days, followed by her daughter aged 89, her grand-daughter aged 70, her great-grand-daughter aged 52, her great-great grand-daughter aged 33 and her great-great-great grand-daughter aged 15 on the birth of her great-great-great-great grandson on 21 January 1989.

I remember seeing this in the World Recod book. 

My mom and dad were 30 and 29 respectively when they had me- normal for the time. Mom had my half-brother when she was 23, also normal. Mom was a surprise baby; my maternal grandparents were both in their late thirties with three kids (14, 13, and 9) when she was born. She always said that her parents were exhausted when my mom came around. She was an auntie by 13 when her sister had her first child and a great-aunt by 32. She was 43 and then 45 when she lost her parents. 

My brother married an older woman and they had their 4yr old girl when he was 29 and she was 37. My step-nephew is 17 and a senior in high school. 

On 12/8/2016 at 0:06 PM, Jana814 said:

Loved your story. I know of someone who was a oops baby also with 3 older siblings. I think her age closest age sibling is 14 years older.  Her father died when she was in her 20's but he had pancreatic cancer but her mother is still alive and healthy. 

My mom has this situation, her closest is 9 years older, her oldest sibling is 19 years older.

she was a replacement child, her brother (twin of the closest in age) died at 6 from polio. 

On 12/8/2016 at 5:22 PM, FleeJanaFree said:

Wow, I didn't realize that was even allowed! I thought that you had to try for at least a year to be an IVF candidate. Sorry for prying, but were there extra circumstances (past cancer? Low sperm count.) or am I just incorrect in believing you had to have a year of trying?

this subject kind of fascinates me, I want to adopt but feel like I can't afford it. I am also dying alone/ biological clock is ticking...

I had been tracking ovulation for 6 months before we started trying and I knew I wasn't ovulating, so I went to the OBGYN and got diagnosed with PCOS. Then referred to a reproductive endocrinologist who in addition to my tests ordered a semen analysis for my husband. He had low morphology. So our first cycle trying to get pregnant was clomid/sex, then we did 4 IUIs, then our one and only IVF cycle. All in all, my IVF cycle was about 8 months after we started. Very fast compared to most people dealing with infertility.

Oh and I was 31 when we started, 32 when I had my boys. 

On 12/8/2016 at 6:17 PM, justmy2cents said:

If a woman is over 35 then a couple only needs to try for 6 months before seeking help.  Don't know what age @twinmama was but that may be the case here.

The miracle of tracking ovulation (or the lack of it!). I knew I wasn't ovulating, so my OB saw no reason to wait to start fertility meds. If you aren't ovulating, you aren't gonna get pregnant so no need to try :)

So, it's been 5 weeks since the wedding... I don't know about y'all, but I'm beginning to feel a bit hinky about Jinger and Jeremy O.o hope nothing is wrong.

Yes, I realize they are probably just messing with us, as per usual, but I still think we should have seen evidence of them somewhere by now.

How many licensed pilots are in the Duggar family, anyone know?  At least one of the boys, that I can recall...

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived