IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy- God Defend New Zealand (Aotearoa)

samurai_sarah

53 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Wow, I didn't realize that was even allowed! I thought that you had to try for at least a year to be an IVF candidate. Sorry for prying, but were there extra circumstances (past cancer? Low sperm count.) or am I just incorrect in believing you had to have a year of trying?

this subject kind of fascinates me, I want to adopt but feel like I can't afford it. I am also dying alone/ biological clock is ticking...

If a woman is over 35 then a couple only needs to try for 6 months before seeking help.  Don't know what age @twinmama was but that may be the case here.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

That's essentially what my health class was like, except with out the, "Everybody take some rubbers" bit. We actually had to watch a documentary about people dying of AIDS to scare us out of sex.

That is competely mental! 

We had female only sex ed where we learned about contraception and STD's. there was a male version for the boys too 

I had my Baby Bean at 42. She's eight now. She has been nothing but a delight, and she definitely keeps me on my toes. Most of her good friends moms were mid to late 30s when they had their kids, so I am older than them, but not too  bad. But she has her share of friends whose moms had them at 19 or 20, and are still under 30. It's weird that I could be their mother, and the grandmother of my daughter's friends. No one has really said anything, and I don't think she has really given it much thought. On the other hand, he dad is 52, dating a woman in her 20s and they plan to have kids. I can't even think about that one!

You never know with any age.  I have been watching clips of my favorite ice-skating pair on YouTube he dropped dead at 28 in 1995 leaving his wife a widow at 24 and a daughter who was only 3. 

I read yesterday that having a baby in your mid 30s and later was associated with longer life span.  Researchers are not sure why, though.  I intend to live to be 100 so I'm glad I had my youngest at 36.  

I went to school with two boys with the same last name.  The slightly younger of the boys was actually the uncle of the older.

@Jana814,  I remember that happening to that pair!  How tragic that was!  I saw Gordeeva and Grinkov win two Olympic Gold Medals and four Worlds.

25 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@Jana814,  I remember that happening to that pair!  How tragic that was!  I saw Gordeeva and Grinkov win two Olympic Gold Medals and four Worlds.

That's them!!  So sad hard to believe its been 20 years since it happened. She's remarried (to another skater) and had a second child. I haven't enjoyed another skating pair till the ones that won gold in ice dancing in 2014. 

I was an accident baby, my parents told me they were bored, and they only wanted one.

12 hours ago, Incognito22 said:

If this question is too personal please ignore and my apologies.  As a later in life baby did you ever feel cheated because your parents were older or like your life was different than your friends? I only ask because I've spent the last few decades in education settings and now that I'm finally ready financially, mentally, and emotionally I'm 37.  I've traveled and done everything I wanted to do.  Now, that's pretty much all that's missing in my life.  I just wonder if it's selfish this late in the game.   I thought someone who had older parents might be a good resource.

If I may...

My parents had me at 40 and 44 (when it wasn't really the norm). Though I was always aware that the odds were that I wouldn't have parents around for as long as other people I never felt cheated. What matters is I had great parents growing up. Wise and generous and loving.

My mom passed away this year at 70 (I am 30) and I wouldn't change the time I had with her for the world. I have a very, very, very, very, very, very hard time thinking about how se will never know any of my kids (I never thought she would pass before I had at least one child, after all she was only 70 and I was planning on starting trying for a kid next year, even talked to her about it the last time we spoke).  

I am not for people who should be having grandkids having children (like Mick Jagger just had a baby this week, for gods sake), but 37 seems pretty normal to me, not selfish. Selfish are people like the Duggars, who pop out kids to satisfy their own sense of superiority, disregarding their quality of life and development as individuals.

10 minutes ago, seasonsoflife said:

(I am not for people who should be having grandkids having children (like Mick Jagger just had a baby this week, for gods sake), but 37 seems pretty normal to me, not selfish. Selfish are people like the Duggars, who pop out kids to satisfy their own sense of superiority, disregarding their quality of life and development as individuals.

So sorry about your mother. Heard about Mick Jaggar I just think its weird for a man to have a child in their 70's. 

Just now, Jana814 said:

So sorry about your mother. Heard about Mick Jaggar I just think that's gross considering he is a grandfather. 

I appreciate that. With her birthday and the holidays coming up it's been tough. I still have a great dad (who is turning 75 but he knows he is not allowed to go anywhere anytime soon).

Mick Jagger has more issues with birth control than fundies.

Mick Jagger is actually a great-grandfather -- his granddaughter had a kid back in 2014. So that kid has a great-uncle who is two years younger than her. :shock:

Had my one and only at age 36.  When he was in preschool, became friends with a mom who had her one child at age 45, then promptly went into menopause.  Our boys grew up together.  I think my son is cool with me being an older mom. I played catch with him, tossed the football, taught how to ride a bike, played basketball, took him camping, to baseball games, etc.  He got the benefit of my full attention.  It's not the age of the parents/whoever is the primary care giver:  If a child is raised with love and hopefully a roof over their head, enough food to eat, I think most will be happy.

My parents were a little older then some of my classmates parents.  I have a former classmate who's mother had her at 22. Her mother died in 2002 and her father died in 2008. My parents are still alive. 

My parents were able to give me and my sister financial stability that I know many of my classemates parents were not able to give them. 

Mom 43, dad 41. I was an oops baby. Mr. Wolf's parents were early 20s when they had him. I was always a little sad that the little wolves wouldn't know my parents that well, especially since they lived in England. Turned out my FIL died before Wolf 2 was born. He would have been thrilled that there was finally a boy to "carry on the family name".

So, long story short, as others have said, it's enjoying  and loving your kid that counts, because we don't know how long any of us will be here.

3 hours ago, Jana814 said:

You never know with any age.  I have been watching clips of my favorite ice-skating pair on YouTube he dropped dead at 28 in 1995 leaving his wife a widow at 24 and a daughter who was only 3. 

Sergei Grinkov! *sigh* G/G were awesome, maybe the best pair of all time. 

29 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Just a note here.....all teenagers are embarrassed by their parents no matter the parents age.

That is the gospel truth! To a teen, parents are embarrassing, no matter what they do.

They must have realised we got bored and had drifted off topic.  There's an update from jinjer linked from the DFO Facebook page.  But it's late and I'm tired. Anyone want to have a look?

7 minutes ago, Karma said:

They must have realised we got bored and had drifted off topic.  There's an update from jinjer linked from the DFO Facebook page.  But it's late and I'm tired. Anyone want to have a look?

It was just staying that the updated whir blog, and t was just some passage about stargazing and Christianity. Nothing about Jinger and Jeremy, just Jesus speak.

20 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

How long after you stopped did a lot of those things go away? Asking for a friend......:shifty:

The improved emotional status improved probably within 4-6 months. Not to get too TMI but the physical pain I had with sex stopped almost right away and my sex drive went up right away too.  I do think it continued to regulate my cycle for several months after stopping though. I stopped in August and it wasn't until April that I started seeing changes with my cycle and experiencing new pain that led me to believe the birth control was masking an imbalance or endometriosis.

Side note, my doctor tried to convince me that the birth control was not causing any of those problems and would in fact do the opposite and balance out my emotions. Funny how a study came out this year linking birth control with depression. Let's just say he is no longer my doctor. Hopefully your friend ;) has a better doctor than I did. 

We had just failed our fifth ivf and been told by the doctors to take a break, we had been trying for 4,5 years at that time, when my recently married inlaws told us they where expecting and that it had happened a little sooner then they had planned. 

So at that time, when we were at an absolute low, my sister was pregnant, my sister in law was pregnant, two of my best friends were pregnant and my husbands best friend and his partner was expecting too. It was horrible. I've smiled on the outside and cried on the inside for so many pregnancy anouncment I've lost count.

I don't wish infertility on my worst enemy. 

Our long but eventually succesfull journey made me older then I would have wanted to be when Miniway arrived. I was 34 and if we do try for a sibling (unlikely at the moment) I'll be at least 37 when it comes, and I don't feel bad or selfish about that at all. As so many have said, you can never know how much time you'll have. 

On 8 December 2016 at 2:10 PM, Incognito22 said:

If this question is too personal please ignore and my apologies.  As a later in life baby did you ever feel cheated because your parents were older or like your life was different than your friends? I only ask because I've spent the last few decades in education settings and now that I'm finally ready financially, mentally, and emotionally I'm 37.  I've traveled and done everything I wanted to do.  Now, that's pretty much all that's missing in my life.  I just wonder if it's selfish this late in the game.   I thought someone who had older parents might be a good resource.

Not OP but had some thoughts, if you don't mind.

I don't think its selfish. I think you just need to be prepared that you won't be around for as much of your child's life as some of their friends' parents. My mum was 39 when I was born and in a lot of ways it was great; my parents were both comfortably off by this point, so I had private school education, nearly everything I wanted, a fancy university, etc. The only big thing that's always bothered me is that my parents won't be around by the time I'm in my 40s. That scares the crap out of me when most people get 60+ years with their parents, but I'm learning to deal with it. 

I have 2 dog clients who are both in their 60's and both of them still have their mothers alive. One of them her father only past away 3 years ago. 

6 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I have 2 dog clients who are both in their 60's and both of them still have their mothers alive. One of them her father only past away 3 years ago. 

i can top that - my 77 year old brilliant boss is going into dementia and I am dealing with the ramifications. which means I have to quit soon....

53 minutes ago, nst said:

i can top that - my 77 year old brilliant boss is going into dementia and I am dealing with the ramifications. which means I have to quit soon....

That must be so difficult, have you worked there long?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived