IGNORED

Arrows for the Quiver: Upcoming Babies 6

Bethella

20 hours ago, JMO said:

I am horrified that there will be 2 more babies brought into that mess.  It also horrifies me that there was a girl who took a look at that situation and wanted in on the action.  UGH.  This is why I try not to follow that literal $#it storm.  It makes me ill.  

I can't blame her much. She's a teenager in love. Rose colored glasses and all that. I'm sure things will change drastically once the baby is born and reality sets in. I feel sorry for the poor girl.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/30/2017 at 7:46 PM, TuringMachine said:

Do the Nauglers make this list? Nicole is [unfortunately] pregnant with #12 due July. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. This is the first time I've had to fight the reaction to downvote the messenger just because i hate this so much. i stopped following the naugler threads bc it was just too sad.  i don't get nicole - they're not even fundy anymore! why can't they use birth control now?? 

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. This is the first time I've had to fight the reaction to downvote the messenger just because i hate this so much. i stopped following the naugler threads bc it was just too sad.  i don't get nicole - they're not even fundy anymore! why can't they use birth control now?? 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(  I would recommend you don't start following the threads again. Things on the shitstead have been going downhill fast. 

On 1/30/2017 at 9:59 AM, JillyO said:

Didn't they say they picked LaVerle because it means "truth" in French (which it really, really doesn't)? Dumbasses.

ETA: Found it. Looks like we're both right (it is a family name and they like it because they think it means "truth"). http://staddonfamily.com/2012/05/16/the-baby-is-here/

I took French in high school truth is vrai. I looked up Verle on Google translate and it's Spanish meaning "see you". I went to a baby naming site, it says Verle is a boys name. http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Verle

Since I'm a Utah Mormon I can tell you there was a bad habit of giving babies a combination of mom and dad's names. Thankfully it died out with my Mom's generation. But have you ever seen the Rexburg Idaho newspaper list of yearly baby names? Hilarious!!! It's like they are having a contest of making the cutesty-ist name possible. 

Just now, SHERA said:

I took French in high school truth is vrai. I looked up Verle on Google translate and it's Spanish meaning "see you". I went to a baby naming site, it says Verle is a boys name. http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Verle

Since I'm a Utah Mormon I can tell you there was a bad habit of giving babies a combination of mom and dad's names. Thankfully it died out with my Mom's generation. But have you ever seen the Rexburg Idaho newspaper list of yearly baby names? Hilarious!!! It's like they are having a contest of making the cutesty-ist name possible. 

It sounds to me like a variation on LaVerne. I can totally see it as a family name, it sounds like something that a woman of their grandma's generation would be named.

9 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

It sounds to me like a variation on LaVerne. I can totally see it as a family name, it sounds like something that a woman of their grandma's generation would be named.

Woah, I just remembered my great grandma was named LaVerna. Not sure who she was named after.

Reading Robert's blog entry and a couple of Esther's from when the eldest two were born, I think they're trying to go for a (very loose) musicalish sort of a theme with the girls.  (I'm not sure how Marilee fits in there, but nevermind.)

I also get the impression that R&K  have very different tastes in names. If I had to guess I'd say K has the biggest say with the girl's names and  Robert gets to name the boys and the gets to choose the girl's middle names. But that's just a guess...

20 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(  I would recommend you don't start following the threads again. Things on the shitstead have been going downhill fast. 

The following scenario would be nice: Fundies that are acting in a life-threating/damaging manner (ie, Nauglers) should be shown a time warp video or pictures of the future. In said picture/video, it would show just how truly awful life would be for their children (that most Fundies profess to love) if their current shenanigans continue. This would probably be a wake-up call for some, I could only hope, but certainly not for all.

On 2/1/2017 at 1:54 PM, SHERA said:

Supposedly this is real...

enhanced-buzz-30231-1372799153-26.jpg

10 minutes ago, Lurky said:

@ladyamylynn Wasn't that from an awesome Utah Mormon parody blog? So very blessed or something?  Maybe this one?

http://seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.co.uk/

No it's real. Here's her blog: http://mommyslittlesunshine.blogspot.com/ Apparently she's pregnant again. Wonder what the new baby will be named.

I vaguely remember her talking about her past and it including some real hardship that made me respect her, but I can't find it.

@TuringMachine :ABON:Thank you!

I guess we can feel lucky her daughter wasn't called Nayvie!!!

ETA she ended up as Laikynn!

I do feel for kids who are used in their parents' modern businesses as models.  It's great while they're adorable moppets, but heaven forfend that they are awkward pre-teens, or teenagers, with zits, 'unfortunate' stages, 'growing into their looks' etc - or hell, are introverted, self-conscious or uncomfortable in front of the camera, because their parents are building their income streams around them.  So interesting when it's parents who wouldn't send their young kids out to do a job, or make them, I don't know, sew things at home for hours a day, but don't see the modelling as work.  It's like the Rodrigueses don't see they're making the children go out to work, singing for money at churches - or the Duggars/Bateseses with the TV work.

2 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

No it's real. Here's her blog: http://mommyslittlesunshine.blogspot.com/ Apparently she's pregnant again. Wonder what the new baby will be named.

I vaguely remember her talking about her past and it including some real hardship that made me respect her, but I can't find it.

Parents are McKinli and Devan Hatch. Kids are Titan, Laikynn Kay and Tatum Jay (born July 2016).

2 hours ago, Bethella said:

Parents are McKinli and Devan Hatch. Kids are Titan, Laikynn Kay and Tatum Jay (born July 2016).

I feel worst for Laikynn. Titan and Tatum have semi normal names. Let's hope she only has boys if she gets pregnant again. She would probably go with something like Tristan.

And I mentioned this on another thread but she really plays favorites with her daughter. It's glaringly obvious on the blog so I'm sure her older son notices. 

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And I mentioned this on another thread but she really plays favorites with her daughter. It's glaringly obvious on the blog so I'm sure her older son notices. 

The oldest son has a different father, per her blog, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with son 2.  Hope the oldest at least has a strong bond with Devin.

On 1/25/2017 at 0:10 AM, MamaJunebug said:

To me, Magnolia means "Showboat" and Captain Andy and Gaylord Ravenel. 

Johnny Depp & Vanessa Paradis' daughter is Lily-Rose.  She's currently one of those blank-stare runway models. Which is apropos of nothing involved in this conversation, except that I lurve the name!

I am honestly sad at how bored and empty she looks. I like the name too, however.

18 hours ago, SHERA said:

OMGosh, I LOVED seriously so blessed!!! I wish she was still blogging. It was hilarious!!!

Ok I just looked through that blog and it was really funny. I only have one childhood friend that is Mormon but her facebook is really similar to that spoof blog. She is always saying she's so blessed and her kids have odd made up sounding names. I guess I didn't realize that she fits right in with all things Mormon. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok I just looked through that blog and it was really funny. I only have one childhood friend that is Mormon but her facebook is really similar to that spoof blog. She is always saying she's so blessed and her kids have odd made up sounding names. I guess I didn't realize that she fits right in with all things Mormon. 

TAMN still has her facebook account still open and people occasionally write on her wall. Mostly that they miss her. 

Edit: Here's the link https://www.facebook.com/TAMNers

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived