IGNORED

Arrows for the Quiver: Upcoming Babies 6

Bethella

16 hours ago, withaj said:

Possibly. Her fertility doesn't seem to have declined much, though -- she got pregnant within 10 months again this time. Of course, every body has to stop sometime.

I've heard Drs say that at the end of your fertile years, you can have a final burst of fertility before you're completely done. Which is part of why older moms are more likely to have twins. So let's hope this was Kim's final burst of production before the factory closes down. 

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang on, Ransom????

I know that surnames-as-first-names is a big thing in the USA compared to other places, but Ransom is a word with a very specific meaning- if they're using it for family reasons, at least use it as a middle name!  (I mean, unless is a very, very passive aggressive name from one parent, feeling like they're being held for ransom by the other, and they didn't think they could get away with a name like SomebodyHelpMe....)

11 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Hang on, Ransom????

I know that surnames-as-first-names is a big thing in the USA compared to other places, but Ransom is a word with a very specific meaning- if they're using it for family reasons, at least use it as a middle name!  (I mean, unless is a very, very passive aggressive name from one parent, feeling like they're being held for ransom by the other, and they didn't think they could get away with a name like SomebodyHelpMe....)

So Ransom has a different biblical meaning I guess: 

"This price or ransom (Gr. lutron) is always said to be Christ, his blood, his death. He secures our redemption by the payment of a ransom. (See REDEMPTION.)"

http://www.godweb.org/new quiz files/blT0003000.htm#T0003072

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So Ransom has a different biblical meaning I guess: 

"This price or ransom (Gr. lutron) is always said to be Christ, his blood, his death. He secures our redemption by the payment of a ransom. (See REDEMPTION.)"

http://www.godweb.org/new quiz files/blT0003000.htm#T0003072

In the Oxford Dictionaries, it only has one meaning:

A sum of money demanded or paid for the release of a captive:

‘the kidnappers demanded a ransom’

[mass noun] ‘he was demanding millions of pounds in ransom’

It says "Early use also occurred in theological contexts expressing ‘deliverance’ and ‘atonement’.", but that's not  current use - and let's face it, the average person, seeing the word "ransom", isn't going to be thinking about atonement... 

At that point, you might as well go full Puritan/Heistheway and name the kid Hisbloodisransom.  It's actually an improvement.  

15 minutes ago, Lurky said:

It says "Early use also occurred in theological contexts expressing ‘deliverance’ and ‘atonement’.", but that's not  current use - and let's face it, the average person, seeing the word "ransom", isn't going to be thinking about atonement... 

I'm sure your average person wouldn't get it. But I will say I've heard the name before so it didn't quite shock me to read. And if you look up a meaning for it, "son of Rand" is listed. Which I think is odd. I would assume it should be Ranson/Randson. 

9 hours ago, Lurky said:

The average fundie is though.  There's that quip about Britain and the US being separated by a common language.  IME, the same could be said about Fundy-dom and the mainstream world.  This kid has two parents who have been raised bathing in the koolaid.  The thought that the name might have very different connotations in the world out there might not even have crossed their minds. 

11 hours ago, Georgiana said:

At that point, you might as well go full Puritan/Heistheway and name the kid Hisbloodisransom.  It's actually an improvement.  

Don't give them any ideas!!!! :-(

Alyssa Morton is in labor & they look to be in a hospital.

Scratch that. Baby born today 12/28. No gender or name though.

Update II - Girl. Name not announced but the hashtag is #norahrose...Norah Rose.

9 months & 2 days after the wedding night. Those Mortons are nothing if not proficient.

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Alyssa Morton is in labor & they look to be in a hospital.

Scratch that. Baby born today 12/28. No gender or name though.

Update II - Girl. Name not announced but the hashtag is #norahrose...Norah Rose.

9 months & 2 days after the wedding night. Those Mortons are nothing if not proficient.

Norah Rose is a pretty name. And these fundies will never cease to amaze me with their baby making skills.

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Stupid quote function driving me up a wall...anyway.

@fundiefanWas this on a private IG?  I checked all of the Morton and Campana accounts I could remember and didn't see anything, and that hash tag takes me to a bunch of pictures of babies way too old to be this one, and no one appearing there seems to be MorPana-adjacent.

9 minutes ago, dramallama said:

Stupid quote function driving me up a wall...anyway.

@fundiefanWas this on a private IG?  I checked all of the Morton and Campana accounts I could remember and didn't see anything, and that hash tag takes me to a bunch of pictures of babies way too old to be this one, and no one appearing there seems to be MorPana-adjacent.

Is Addie's IG private? It was all on hers. 

5 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Is Addie's IG private? It was all on hers. 

Yup, it's private.  Mariah does have some pictures on her Facebook page.

5 hours ago, Jana814 said:

What number grandchild is this for them?  

Grandchild #29 and the 7th this year! The oldest Morton grandchild will be 10 in January.

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Watch she's pregnant again by their 1st anniversary.

I fear the same thing. :-(

It looks like she had a hospital birth! I hope the Morton ladies can choose and listen to medical counsel when it comes to the decision wether they deliver at home or not.

29 grandchilden in almost 10 years! That is insane! And 7 a year is even crazier.

9 hours ago, Bethella said:

Grandchild #29 and the 7th this year! The oldest Morton grandchild will be 10 in January.

Insane!  I wonder how many will end up in this generation. Don't they have a few kids that are not married yet?  

Matriarch Morton is wearing one of those children necklaces, where the body is either a circle or a triangle depending on gender and inside each shape is the child's birth stone. It's clearly for her grandchildren bc it's so densely populated I didn't even recognize it at first. I thought it was one of those chunky necklaces from Francesca's. 

Damn the SMorton fertility.   I keep forgetting there were 7 in 2016.  They kept coming.  It's probably not going to happen again for a while.  That's every married Morton but Martha.  Katie will probably not have any children in 2017, Kressant is more spread out between pregnancies with her last few, Darth has always had long gaps, and only Rachel is pregnant at this time as far as we know.  And there are no courtships that we know of.  

4 hours ago, JMO said:

Damn the SMorton fertility.   I keep forgetting there were 7 in 2016.  They kept coming.  It's probably not going to happen again for a while.  That's every married Morton but Martha.  Katie will probably not have any children in 2017, Kressant is more spread out between pregnancies with her last few, Darth has always had long gaps, and only Rachel is pregnant at this time as far as we know.  And there are no courtships that we know of.  

I keep expecting Martha to announce another pregnancy, but nope.  And I'll be very surprised if Mariah Campana isn't Mariah Morton and knocked up by this time next year.

3 hours ago, dramallama said:

I keep expecting Martha to announce another pregnancy, but nope.  And I'll be very surprised if Mariah Campana isn't Mariah Morton and knocked up by this time next year.

Martha's spacing (so far) blows my mind considering her family history, though in all fairness, Katie is the ONLY Morton-born daughter who has reproduced at a remarkable rate. The Smith girls are doing most of the heavy-lifting in that family. It seems that Martha will take after Dorothy, which still means a baby every 2.5 years, but that's half the babies that Katie was producing in the same time period at her peak.

And the underlying sadness of this whole line of thought is the fact that we are genuinely surprised that a woman who has a 15-month old child hasn't announced a second pregnancy... yet.

I agree about Mariah. I'm still suspicious of the "double chaperone" canoe trips, and the cutesy instagram messaging during Alyssa and Sam's courtship. Speaking of Campanas, I think it's possible that Alyssa may have a second child in her arms by this time next year. Something tells me that she isn't going to go many months between pregnancies.

6 hours ago, dramallama said:

And I'll be very surprised if Mariah Campana isn't Mariah Morton and knocked up by this time next year.

I think(?) Addie's latest IG post shows Mariah and a Morton boy sitting together on a loveseat during a family gathering. I dunno how strict their rules for fraternizing are these days, or if that means anything.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived